[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Alonso mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161008_010320.jpg (118KB, 662x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161008_010320.jpg
118KB, 662x483px
What did Alonso mean by this?
>>
>>86805905
>my wife is Korean, which makes me Korean
I'm not sure that's how it works.
>>
>it's not about PC or anything
>deliberately looks for "minority" writers, without taking into account talent

>wife is Korean
>that makes him Korean

>there can only be one Hulk
>Bruce, Jennifer, Ross, Amadeus are all Hulks

He has no fucking clue what he's talking about
>>
>>86805905
Jim Lee is Korean. Does this make Alonso Lee?
>>
Is this what you would call a verbal smokescreen?
>>
>>86805905

That shits only important to their children, because mommy and daddy made it important to them.

YOU can can be any race and think Batman, Hulk, Spider-Man are awesome. I've see little boys of all races wearing shirts, halloween costumes, and playing with the toys and video games.

I never played Street Fighter and said to myself I cant get into the game because Chun-Li, Ryu, Dhalsim, E. Honda, Blanka aren't white males. That I cant watch basketball because Kobe and Jordan didnt look like me. That I couldnt get into music because Michael Jackson and Prince didnt look like me. Its an absurd notion.

Children parrot their parents political beliefs end of. It sucks that there werent more superhero POC in the past, because in the past other races and sexes didnt buy comics (and for the most part they still dont).

Ruining iconic characters doesnt make amends for the past. Promote the POC you already have and create new non-legacy characters.

With Disney promo money they could make any new character popular. Big Hero 6 was huge and Moana will be huge and they didn't have to ruin any beloved characters to be successful.
>>
>>86805905
Looking at twitter people are pissed off at PAD, Alonso, and Paul Pope.
>>
>>86806786
>Paul Pope
What did he do?
>>
>scaring some little Korean kid is fine
lol wut
>>
>>86806806
The fan who ran his unofficial blog or whatever got pissed off at Pope's behavior and accused him of being a sexual predator.
>>
>>86806845
Go and tell that fan that Pope is a libertarian; therefore he is entitled to everything, including all the pussy he wants.
>>
>>86806696
This is a very good post. Pity I'm the only (you) you'll get out of it.
>>
>>86805905
>we offer everything to Brian first

Is this a cult?
>>
>>86806696
I'm black and Batman was my favorite superhero when I was a kid, when we played pretend outside I was Batman. 30 years later and he's still my favorite.

It's a pity how the world has gone to shit with social media... people being pro censorship. Fake smiles and pretending to care everywhere. Standing up for gay people or black people even though you might not know any gay and or black person. This stupid racism issues that if you're white you can't write black and if you're black you have to write black. We live in times where making references counts more than saying something honest. Art is dead.
>>
>>86807196
>>86806696

quality posts anon,

do you guys have specific stories you want storytimed? I'm trying to figure out a way of incentivizing good posts.
>>
>>86807725

Excalibur 1988 the special edition through issue 2 of the main series has the best art of Alan Davis' career. And has the Warwolves/Technet which need to be promoted again because they were awesome.
>>
>>86808039
Done. Give me 10 minutes and ull see it in the catalogue. Just through issue 2?
>>
My waifu is 2d does that make me 2d?
>>
>>86808100

Yes thank you.
>>
>>86808607
>>86808331
>>
>>86805987
I guess that's how the people at Marvel think it works.

No wonder Bendis is so into black characters, he adopted a black daughter he probably thinks he's black now too.
>>
>[Insert race here] versions of white characters increase sales in the [Insert race here] demographic
Does anything actually support this?
>>
File: 20161006_181537.jpg (518KB, 740x813px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_181537.jpg
518KB, 740x813px
>>86805905
>The long and short of it is, this isn’t about some PC push.
>>
>>86806696
I'm was with you up until your bullshit use of "POC". I can't take anyone seriously who uses that fucking retarded term.
>>
>>86806696
>am black
>favorite superheroes are wolverine, thor and warmachine
>marvel murders and replaces them and expects me to say thank you

What did i do to earn this future?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.