[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which designs did you like more? http://www.strawpoll.me/11380787

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20160629-223700.png (3MB, 2371x1338px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160629-223700.png
3MB, 2371x1338px
Which designs did you like more?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11380787
>>
>>86800570
Pilot designs were more detailed and more importantly the artstyle and animation were better in the pilot. Only real problem was that it made Steven look like a man baby.
>>
I guess the new style grew on me despite being a big fucking baby about the swap after I learned they were the actual designs and not some chibi thing for an internet app or whatever I thought the case was
Though maybe I'd prefer hairdown garnet in the new style.
>>
>>86800655
I see no problem with that, it would certainly match his character.
>>
>>86800570

Pearl and garnet look absolutely fucking disgusting. Detailed doesn't = better.
>>
>>86800759
Box shaped hair certainly doesn't = better
>>
>>86800570
Those all look absolutely terrible, especially Pearl. But since there's no option for "None" I guess I have to go with Amethyst as she looks the least terrible and closest to her final anyways.

Honestly, if they didn't change the designs I probably would never have bothered watching the show.
>>
>>86800570
This looks like a more serious show, and I prefer these designs, but considerign where the show has gone I think the current style fits it better
>>
>>86800570
None, they're all horribad.
>>
>>86800808
Its just the opposite for me. I loved the pilot and really looked forward to the show, until the first episode came out and I dropped it immediately.

I probably would've liked the show if the artstyle wasn't so godawful.

Same with Bee and Puppycat.
>>
>>86800570
I liked Garnet with hair down more, and Amy was just more detailed so I liked that. Bowie Pearl and Pig Steven I liked less.

Also you can definitely tell by the design of the episode villain that SU was closer to magic than aliens at the time. Why else would those things be skull shaped and have two gem eyes.
>>
>>86800570
Didn't like this Pearl DESU. Kinda reminds me of Killua's brother from Hunter X Hunter
>>
>>86800570
Even if the art style is objectively uglier, that's because the new one was specifically re-designed with all basic appealing aesthetics that it could possibly have. The original at least felt like something new. The actual cartoon just feels like a generic "video game inspired" cartoon. Designed almost to be as safe, cute and friendly as possible.
>>
>>86800655
Steven IS a manbaby, and this show glorifies it too.
He suffers the same moral dilemma every damn episode and all the characters still treat him like he can't handle anything. Because he can't.
>>
File: you.png (395KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
395KB, 500x447px
>>86803628
>>86800688
>>
>>86803628
Anon, Steven's just...a baby
>>
>>86800570
Amethyst is better here.
Garnets about the same.
Pearl is worse.
>>
Maybe if the pilot design for Pearl made it into the main series she wouldn't have had so many awful fanboys. I think the David Bowie look was charming. Garnet looked great but her main series look is very unique in an eye-catching way that probably helped the series, so I can't complain too much about the change. Amethyst is nigh-identical. Steven becoming cuter/endlessly nice set the tone for the main series in a way that I frankly would have preferred it not, but I'm sure Cartoon Network is happy about.

The pilot was exceptional in every way and the actual series is a disappointment comparatively, though it's still good for what it is and what they were aiming for with it.
>>
File: 1440805910452.png (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1440805910452.png
15KB, 500x500px
they're both shit
>>
>>86806703
so are you
>>
>>86803628
>Steven IS a manbaby,
He's supposed to be, he's 14.
>>
>>86800570
Where's the option to tell you to kill yourself?
>>
>>86806896
Not to mention about half of 14 year old boys still manage to look like they're eight, because they still haven't gone through puberty yet.
>>
File: Pearl.jpg (65KB, 297x601px) Image search: [Google]
Pearl.jpg
65KB, 297x601px
Poster Pearl a best
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.