[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Garfield and Friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: s3rIPoUhRy0.market_maxres.jpg (84KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
s3rIPoUhRy0.market_maxres.jpg
84KB, 1000x562px
Thoughts on Garfield and Friends?
>>
Good Garfield fun
>>
>>86799017
The last good thing to come out of PAWS Inc
>>
>>86799017
It was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

Loved it.
>>
>>86799017
Probably the best Garfield adaption, exceeding even the comic strip at its height.
>>
>>86801607
9 lives was better, fuck you.
>>
>>86799017
>Thoughts on Garfield and Friends?

The only time anything Garfield related has ever been funny (I consider the old TV specials part of Garfield & Friends since they were made by all the same people).

Loved how it used to take the piss out of the terrible quality control of other Saturday morning cartoons. The animation error episode was god tier.
>>
I recall a musical episode that narrated a truck driver adventure.
>>
>>86799017
Fun show, the holiday specials were pretty comfy.

>>86802026
Yep there was an episode like that. I'm pretty sure it involved the truck driver helping odie or something like that too.
>>
I liked Garfield. Didn't like the "friends" part. Made sure I skipped those parts when I recorded the show on VHS.
>>
>>86802692
Orson's farm was great, fuck you
>>
It had a really fucking weird runtime of 5 in the morning where I lived and I only saw it if I woke up and couldnt go back to bed, and then full house would come on.

It was a really good show, I liked the farm characters a lot.
>>
>>86799017
As a kid, I looked forward to farm parts more than the Garfield ones.
>>
I miss the farm guys
>>
>>86801767

>"Garfield, Fido, make sure you don't get lost!"
>"MOOOOOOO!" -"Say, did you hear a rhinoceros?"- "Hhmmm!"
>>
>>86801767
I recently watched the episode where they got lost in an X-Men parody cartoon, and Mark Hamil voiced Not!Cyclops. The juxtaposed animation styles were amazing.
>>
I liked the Binky the Clown episodes, sucks those stopped and replaced with the Buddy Bears.
>>
>>86803060
I did not like these as much, and it got worse when they became pretty routine. Just Orson's brothers did something to steal the food and the gang has to outsmart them again.
>>
>>86799017
>Thoughts on Garfield and Friends?

You're not Sylvia! You're one of those Kung Fu Creatures on the Rampage 2!
>>
>>86799017
I liked the first opening better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMELnad_HRE
Also I think it was the first cartoon I watched in english and still liked/understod.
>>
wasn't the show animated by some japanese studio?
>>
The show really seems like a totally different entity than the comic strip. It has a very different type of humor and is overall a lot "wackier" than the comic ever has been.
>>
>>86805752
First intro never hoped I brought lots of spaghetti
>>
>>86805752
>>86806094
First and second intros are still way better than the third intro.
>>
How was this show so good while the newer show on Boomerang such shit?
>>
File: GarfieldShow.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GarfieldShow.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>86806165
Why would you when you have the sheer majesty that is "The Garfield Show"
>>
>>86806234
I sort of like it

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>86806234
EH... It not the same...
>>
>>86806234
garfield is always better in traditional
>>
>>86806115
But there were no pies of all sizes....
>>
>>86806234
Is this actually good? I always change channel when it's on because it looks kind of bland and I thought it's much worse than Garfield and Friends.
>>
Mark Evanier is a national treasure
>>86805752
>blowing Orson and the others away
It's the little things...
>>
>>
>>86807711
I watched a few episodes a couple years ago. It was just okay. Garfield's new voice, while miles better than Bill Murray, is pretty awful and the writing is nowhere near as good as it was in Garfield and Friends.

It's not a bad show but it's really meh.
>>
>>86799017
This show was pretty much everything good about Garfield rolled up into one show. The only things that topped it were the stuff like >>86801701 and the specials.
I thought Babes and Bullets was a passable detective film on top of being a great comedy one. All of those specials were great, though.
Even though G&F weren't really the pinnacle of animation, you could feel the heart put into it. They even made the always-awful musical numbers you hear in kids shows decent.
>>
>>86799017
One of my fave cartoons as a kid.
>>
File: 1425733028656.png (20KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1425733028656.png
20KB, 390x470px
>Mistakes Will Happen
>"We're all alone out here in the forest, Odie. There's no-one else for miles around. Not a single living being."

>Buddy Bears Appear
>"Oh! We are the Buddy Bears, we always get along"/
>"We stay, we do a little dance, and sing a little song"/
>"If you ever disagree, it means that you are wrong"/
>"Oh! We are the Buddy Bears, we always get along!"

>"Not a single living being for miles around."
>>
File: 1281319302310.jpg (38KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
1281319302310.jpg
38KB, 510x383px
>that U.S. Acres cartoon where they try to find ANYTHING that Wade isn't afraid of
>Bo does it by simply presenting Wade with one of his own feathers
>realizing that if there's one thing that can't harm him, there might be more, Wade begins to see that he doesn't have to be afraid of everything
>he tosses the feather away
>it sets off a chain reaction resulting in Wade getting mangled
>his fear of everything is completely justified
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9j7fIxyksI
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.