[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Costume adaptation: win or fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

>>
>>86798784
Looks pretty faithful to the comic, could of done without the helmet though.
>>
Got a vid?
Pic on the right dark as fuck and kinda hard to get a good look.
>>
why didn't luke just punch him in the mouth
>>
He should have been shot with a judas bullet by the police and killed.
>>
>>86798810
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRoIZk9sQMA
>>
>>
>>86798830

NEGRO PLEASE
>>
>>86798784
It looks terrible, so I guess it's faithful.
>>
>>86798816
I thought that was the direction that it was going, would have been poetic, and could have played it in an interesting direction where Cage feels empty and conflicted at the death of his half brother
>>
>>86798830
>that delayed reaction to the grenade
>that retarded design
>that horrible jive talk and banter
this is
>that bad kungfu
>negro please
this is black dynamite with out the self awareness
>>
>>86799121
You need to watch the series, the entire show is intentionally emulating the feel of 80s blacksploitation films
>>
>>86798784
I for one hope that Diamondback makes a comeback in the comics thanks to his newfound exposure.
>>
>>86798784
>Comic costume is basically just fancy clothes
>Give him a retarded costume with a mis-matched instead
>>
okay, how many fucking Strykers are in the Marvel universe
>>
Diamondback is a great comic book villain.
Too bad Luke Cage is not a comic book-y show. If Marvel has a show like Flash or Gotham on TV, Diamondback will be perfect.
>>
>>86798837
5/7
Too much beard
>>
>>86798816
The asshole SWAT leader wanted to see Luke Cage hurt and killed, though, even though it was proven by that point that he was innocent.

Would've been cool if someone disobeyed him, though.
>>
>>86798809
>could of
It's either "could have" or "could've"
>>
>comic costume looks silly
>show costume looks identically silly
>show acknowledges how silly it looks
>NOPE THEY RUINED IT
>>
>>86798784
I thought it was fine.
>>
>>86798809
He doesn't have powers yet, so the helmet is a must. Looks fairly functional too.
>>
>>86799121
>that bad kungfu

What kung fu? They're boxing. The show even shows them training together in their youth.
>>
>>86800668
Like with every white character in the show, they really tried to make every one of them amoral or morally compromised in some way.
>>
>>86800974
I thought they did a good job of making that one detective likeable but still corrupt.

The SWAT guy was a 'just following order type' with a bone to pick

The cop who looked the worst was the one who beat up that young black kid in the holding cell.
>>
>>86800916
That ain't boxing t b h that's a brawl.

It would be nice to actually see an "enhanced" person actually knowing their striking though.
>>
>>86799152
>blacksploitation
>80s
>>
>>86798837

So much win.
>>
>>86801136
Iron Fist?
>>
>>86799121

Watch the whole series. It works in context. It starts out as an ultra modern noirish take on black street superheroes with huge similarity to The Wire and Cottenmouth as a brilliant realistic villian. It slowly gets more comic booky and harking back to early Marvel Luke Cage.

Diamondback is a straight up 1970s blaxsploitation supervillian. It sounds dumb and does feel a little jarring at times but by the end of the entire season it has worked.
>>
File: IMG_1802.jpg (475KB, 916x1772px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1802.jpg
475KB, 916x1772px
>we will never get sexy Diamondback
>>
>>86800727
The show's costume actually looks even sillier. The comic outfit is grounded in comparison.
>>
>>86800727
>show acknowledges how silly it looks
This kind of thing is a cancer rapidly spreading through all media lately.

I miss sincerity.
>>
>>86798837
Fail. Shirt looked like shit, probably intentionally.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.