[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I WAS LYING ON THE GRASS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 47a.jpg (37KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
47a.jpg
37KB, 320x240px
I WAS LYING ON THE GRASS
>>
I love this season and I'm glad skankhunt42 wasn't Randy. We see so little of Gerald it's good that they've given him an actual arc that's really funny. His 'Protocol Zero' sequence was great.

>Do you know who I am, Ike?!
>No...but I want to, Dad.
>Not like that, smartass!
>>
>>86794945

Last few seasons have been pure gold.
>>
>>86794945
I actually don't remember the song being as good as it is in the show.

>>86795439
I don't get how people think South Park is terrible now, even if you don't think the episodes are GOAT they're still really fucking solid.
>>
>>86795466

I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about the new episodes honestly.
>>
>>86795483
Not any season specifically, but a lot of people- read contrarian fucks- will shitpost that the last few seasons have been garbage.
>>
>>86795098
Agreed.
>>
>>86795506

>Contrarian fucks
so San Fran Hipsters?
>>
>>86795506

The old school fans don't like the new seasons.

It's not that they're bad persay, I think it's more that the show's obviously going in a very different direction with a different type of humor, and some fans just aren't a fan of that type of show. Nothing really wrong with that.
>>
>>86796378
been watching since 1999 and i can easily say that the last couple of seasons have been the best since at least 12
>>
>>86796378
I've been here since the beginning and it's not that modern seasons (season 11-now) suck, it's just that the episodes in those seasons are more hit and miss than they were before.
I think that's inevitable and I'm more impressed than anything that South Park is still able to keep some sort of quality 20 years later where most shows hit the gutter where before then.
I think the continuity is a much needed change to keep the show fresh.
>>
>>86796378
The problem is that "Old school" fans can mean a bunch of different things for South Park, since the show has been going on for so damn long and has changed so much. Are they talking about when the show was just vulgarity for the sake of it? When they tackled real issues for the first time? When they switched over to celebrities and pop culture? When they started doing their own dumb plotlines?

I bet there are "old school" fans who think the greatest episode of all time is the WoW episode.
>>
>>86796342
more like regular 4chan posters
>>
>>86796378
I don't mind the way they've chosen to incorporate this new way of continuity, it's fresh (in the lack of a better word) but what I found lacking the most in the last season was the payoff/conclusion of it all which wasn't up to expectations compared to how much build-up there was. They obscurely built up the story, riddling it with "ohshit" reveals, but when it came to sewing it all up was it very lackluster in my opinion.
This season seems to be heading in the same direction but if "It's the journey that matters, not the destination" then atleast I'm happy others are enjoying it.
>>
>>86796970
>When they tackled real issues for the first time? When they switched over to celebrities and pop culture? When they started doing their own dumb plotlines?
Except they've been doing this since the beginning.
At its core, it's the same show it's always been with minor adjustments here and there. Old school fans can see that, fans who came in the middle or recently can't, and that's why most of the complaints come from the latter and not the former.
>>
>>86794945
ON SUNDAY MORNING OF LAST WEEK
>>
>>86795098
>I'm glad skankhunt42 wasn't Randy
Me too. I was worried we'd get Randy as super into trolling culture overload.
>>
>>86797559
INDULGING IN MY SELF DEFEAT
>>
>>86794945
Do you think an actual troll sent him the note?
>>
>>86797530
Basically this. People grew up with a certain joke or theme in the South Park series and don't take the change well, more so that they are no longer with "it".
>>
>>86798260
Probably, they're meeting under a bridge after all.
>>
Preview video when
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.