[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: Wacky Raceland.jpg (191KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
Wacky Raceland.jpg
191KB, 900x582px
>>
>We want the Mad Max audience
>>
File: download (8).jpg (13KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
13KB, 218x231px
>>86794230
>>
The entire Hanna Barbara comic lineup feels like a bunch of creators got high and just threw out random ideas.
>>
>Garth Ennis is gonna write a Dick Dastardly comic.
>>
>>86794306
I liked the first issue of the new Flintstones comic, but I haven't read the others.
>>
>>86794495
It's the best comic out of the bunch and one of the best that DC is putting out right now.
>>
>>86794495
It's like Prez. Which means the writer will say a truism, but be a sanctimonious about his opinions. It's mediocre, but /co/ material is always rock bottom shit to okay.
>>
>>86794713
It's also shilled to high heavens and a reddit-tier book.
>>
File: 736.png (105KB, 415x260px) Image search: [Google]
736.png
105KB, 415x260px
>>86794230
>the cars can talk now, and they're le sassy xD
>Penelope Pitstop mah ghurl epic badass OMG don't need no man
>Sarge is suddenly trans and literally "has "You bigot!" as a catchphrase
>Red Max is a Nazi, even though he was based on the Red Baron who died before the Nazi Party was formed
>artist can't even simulate motion well enough to make the races interesting, or make the cars look like something other than misshapen metal blobs
>writer's credits include Sonic Lost World, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures and Happy Tree Friends, and it shows, because the dialogue is bland as fuck

Other than all that, Wacky Raceland is fine.
>>
>>86794821
Sarge calling people a bigot all the time sounds funny tho.
>>
Are there hot girls?
I could not give a single fuck about wacky races.
But those Mad Max babes gave me a semi in the theater.
Especially the pregnant one
>>
>>86794736
I was gonna post *tips fedorock* on one of the storytimes, but the Carl Sagan bit made it way too easy to bother with.
>>
>>86795003
There's Penelope and the transsexual army chick.
>>
>>86795003
>I could not give a single fuck about wacky races
I really don't want to meet the kind of person who gives a fuck about Wacky Races.
>>
>>86794821
>Other than all that,

That sounds like a lot
>>
File: Hex_001-01FC.jpg (819KB, 1000x1517px) Image search: [Google]
Hex_001-01FC.jpg
819KB, 1000x1517px
>>
>>86794713
I really don't think there's any sanctimoniousness going on in Flintstones. Just stone age silliness.
>>
>>86797782
yeah, why'd the cancel that? makes no sense
>>
>>86797554
Wacky Races was cool as fuck, bitch face.
>>
>>86794821
>Sarge is suddenly trans
I auctualy liked that the banter between the nazi and the transexual was the best part of the book.
Note was i still droped the book after a few issues jesus christ it was horrible so who knows what they are doing now.
>>
I think wacky races should have been looked at similarly to the current scooby do ongoing (not apocalypse or the team up one the other one)

Make it more like the cartoon was.

Its worth noting that i do not like scooby apocalypse much either but unlike wacky raceland it does not exist at the cost of a more traditional ongoing.

Or prehapes none of that is important maybe they just need to focus on the fucking race itself instead of everything in between.

I admit i liked the character bits a bit but there was no reason to not just give them each a mini and focus on the races in the main book.
>>
File: 1475595989233.png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
1475595989233.png
83KB, 264x238px
>>86794230
They weren't. The comic is basically trying to mix Wacky Races and Mad Max without any sort of understanding of what made either good to begin with. Hell, it doesn't even understand the basic concepts of racing comics. The end product was just an edgy Wacky Races for the sake of it. I'm pretty neutral on Flinstones, but at least the darker parts of that book are solely for social commentary. Wacky Raceland was what I feared all of the HB line was going to be. Both that and Scooby Apocalypse are abysmal.
>>
Is there a story time of this?
>>
>>86794230
Mad Max was hot due to Fury Road and Warner owns the right to that so no chance of lawsuits. I would have liked something more like those Scooby Doo Team Up comics that they still put out every so often but they went with this.
>>
>>86797782

God Hex was such garbage beyond handful of okay issues. It's like they heard of Mad Max but didn't get the appeal of it.
>>
>>86794230
If they'd done it right, it could've been great. Maybe not Flintstones-tier, but at least Scooby Apocalypse level.
It just turned out boring as fuck.
>>
File: 2216697-100.jpg (154KB, 820x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2216697-100.jpg
154KB, 820x1280px
What the hell were they thinking.
>>
>>86794230

The fundamental issue with Wacky Raceland is that they fucked the first issue and setting the premise and only then started to doing strong character led issues.
>>
>>86798528
This, it wasn't a bad idea, just badly executed.
>>
>>86794306
Future Quest had the best concept, an extra dimensional abstract monster consumes the universe in different time periods which leads to heroes from different eras and worlds fighting together. Flinstones ended up much better than expected to the point where I actually look forward to it more than Future Quest.
>>
File: 1475668953382.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1475668953382.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>86794495
Every issue manages to be funny. Last one was about the new fad called "marriage".
>>
>>86794495
Read it nigger it needs the sales.
>>
File: steam.png (622KB, 981x494px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
622KB, 981x494px
>>86798717
What the hell is this crap?
>>
>>86798765
Adam and Steve asking to be married, you see them before in the issue in front of the Homo Erectus bar.
>>
>>86794306
The entire Hanna Barbera comics lineup, are some of the best DC books of the last decade! Wacky Raceland is just the exception that confirms the rule. All the other HB books are fantastic! Especially the Flintstones are the top comic book currently being pubblished!
>>
This isn't even a fraction as good as Flintstones.

For one thing, it takes itself too seriously at parts.
>>
>>86798921
Not everything that isn't as lolrandom as Squirrel girl is supposed to be serious, anon.
>>
>>86794637

>one of the best that DC is putting out right now

imagine being this delusional
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.