[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what did you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: champions001-cover-p_2016.jpg (237KB, 800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
champions001-cover-p_2016.jpg
237KB, 800x1201px
so what did you think?
>>
>>86776917
It was great and most people agree but /co/ has a DC bias and has turned even on Based Waid.
>>
File: Hulk blaugh.jpg (63KB, 336x436px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk blaugh.jpg
63KB, 336x436px
>>86776917

>>86776940
Shill, get out!
>>
>>86776917
> tfw Ben Percy manages to write a better team book than SJWaid.

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>86776917
I haven't followed Marvel since... ever really.

Why is cyclops so young in this cover? Or did they find a mutant with his exact powers? Clone?
>>
>>86776917
It's not just this comic that's guilty of it but I hate the never before seen, never been a problem before, manufactured reason to break up. It just really gets on my nerves. The Hulks size bothers me. Everything else was OK, nothing exceptional but nothing that would make me drop it. But nothing that makes it a must read.
>>
>>86777031
TIMETRAVEL partially. Partially It's the way Ramos draws him.
>>
>>86776917
>so what did you think?
I'm just glad one of the Big Two can actually produce a decent Teen Titans comic.

Because, seriously:
>>86775396

No really surprising, though. Image related is a Superior Harley Quinn and Based Ewing is writing a Superior Suicide Squad.

Just a damn shame that King left Vision to team up for Blacked and the Mediocre Men.
>>
File: we can show captain avengers.jpg (111KB, 901x520px) Image search: [Google]
we can show captain avengers.jpg
111KB, 901x520px
>>86777057
>I hate the never before seen, never been a problem before, manufactured reason to break up
To be fair: it's pretty obvious that that's *exactly* what it was (in the case of Kamala, the other two had solid reasons for bailing on the stupidity of Civil Wars).

Now, in a more perfect world, this would be the time to reintroduce Damage Control to the Marble Now-er universe (it's a goofy enough concept I think it would work perfectly with Ramos's cartoony exaggerated style); but since the TV series fell through on Marble's end and the DC version (Powerless) is going ahead AND FUCKING PEARMUTTER IS STILL JEWING THINGS UP ... well, I'm not holding my breath.

I just hope they steer things more in the direction of Ms Marvel's ongoing (which tends to be goofy fun) and away from the sort of self serious sjw-ing that made CWII such a shit show.
>>
>>86776917

A resounding , meh.

It just didn't live up to the hype
>>
>>86777263
Damage Control got mentioned in the first CWII book and were promptly forgotten about again
>>
>>86777072

I don't have enough b8 images for this post , anon. Well done
>>
>>86776917
It was okay. I don't like how they were acting like this was something NEW and DIFFERENT when it was basically standard superheroics.
Otherwise, sure. It was fun enough. I'll wait and see if I'll continue with it.
>>
>>86776917
People are gonna complain,shill or whatever, I don't care, but I think we could all agree on at least one thing: the book isn't worth the price.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (224KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
224KB, 1252x1252px
>>86777072
>>
I enjoyed it, it's kind of what I wanted with a team book, and the colorist fits Ramos style pretty well. I'm looking forward to the next few issues.
>>
>>86776917
What I don't like is how the "champions" (mainly Kamala) are acting all superior and sanctimonius when thet're just another standard superhero team. How did they handle the situation any differently than the avengers would have? What exactly did they even prove?
>>
>>86777435
>How did they handle the situation any differently than the avengers would have
By checking to see how they were trending on twitter.
>>
>>86777298
>the book isn't worth the price
If there's one thing that Rebirth is *really* getting right it's the pricing (I'm also grooving on the double shipping but I don't want that to cause the art to be rushed which will happen if it goes on too long).
>>
>>86777435
>How did they handle the situation any differently than the avengers would have?
They didn't arrest anyone preemptively nor punch another hero in the face.

Do you even read comics?
>>
>>86776917
I think it was great. The amount of DCuck bantz helped cement this. First issue hit bump limit in a few hours. This is the 7th thread about it I've seen
>>
Kamala acts like a cunt in it
Miles is boring
Sam suffers
Cho sounds stupid
Viv is too happy
>>
>>86777473
Waid sure is hip, isn't he?
I wonder if we'll see the champions "postin up some dank maymays", as the kids say.
>>
>>86777485
if they arrested clown face before maybe the girl wouldn't have died and all the rest wouldn't have been raped repeatedly
>>
It was fantastic, infinitely better than most recent Teen Titans stuff
>>
>>86777489
Literally all marvel storytimes hit bump limit because of this. Fucking Luke Cage hit bump limit and the Justice League storytime? It's still at 150 after one FULL DAY.
>>
>>86777485
You're saying that in that situation, the avengers wouldn't have just punched discount joker and left like the champions did?
>>
>>86777514
DC is finished.
>>
>>86777514
>still at 150
everyone knows that /co/ doesn't talk about comics that are good but love to bash on comics that are bad

see: discussion on Legends of Korra vs Hellboy
>>
>>86777518
>implying that the Avengers would take the time to punch Not-Joker out when they've got lines to draw and sides to pick in the upcoming Inhmans vs X-Men event that will totally change the Marble Universe Forever!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>86776917
The most cringe-worthy book of the year.
>>
>>86777489
>The amount of DCuck bantz
Marvel cooked the books (like 50 fucking variant covers) to get to #1 but the DCfags are so traumatized by being number two for the vast majority of the last 3 decades that they're already wetting themselves at the thought of losing the top spot.

Sad.
>>
>>86777543
(you)
>>
>>86777620
But... Kamala is going to BE in Avengers vs X-Men
>>
>>86777514

You realize you're comparing issue 1 of a brand new title to 7 of a book that most of /co/ has already decided they don't like, right?
>>
>>86776917
It didn't stick the landing, I can take sanctimonious preaching, I can't take it when the preaching they've done is then discounted by their own actions.

If the issue ended with them like, setting up a tent for the girls and the authorities rocking up, and cleaning up the wreckage? Perfectly fine. This is just... you do the things your blame the Avengers for but act holier than thou.
>>
>>86777634
That's one way to horribly date your book.
>>
File: IvX Bingo Card.jpg (838KB, 1799x1222px) Image search: [Google]
IvX Bingo Card.jpg
838KB, 1799x1222px
>>86777646
>Avengers vs X-Men
>Avengers
Has it gotten so bad that you literally can't even remember who's fighting who anymore?
>>
>>86776917

it was ok, only the lets leave the avengers because they dont repair trucks thing annoyed me a bit.
>>
>>86776917
I love opening a young light-hearted cape book and finding sex trafficking in there. Mmmm boy that doesn't time whiplash. That's why Ms Marvel's book is so terrible and unreadable: not enough sex trafficking in the comic.

I also loved that Waid made the sex trafficking leader a evil clown. Ordinarily, I would have totally sided with the sex trafficking leader but thankfully Waid made him unlikable by making him a creepy clown. Now I know the sex trafficker is evil.

Someone needs to put Waid on the Ms Marvel book ASAP! Her book NEEDS more rapey clowns and sex slavery!
>>
>>86777711
Inhumans! Right! I totally meant that.
>>
>>86777711

Well we can tick two of those off at least with Death of X
>>
>>86777668
Every Ms. Marvel thread hits bump limit easy
>>
>>86777733

So does every Flintstones thread while Harley barely hits 100. What, you think /co/ is a good representation of the wider comic community or something?
>>
>>86777733
Flintstones does too.
>>
>>86776917
Anon, just like Ms Marvel, I am not going to give a long speech, that't too old-school...Now listen to my long speech (that totally isn't a speech)

Kamala made a big deal about the Avengers not caring enough about people and that there was more to superheroing than just saving people and punching badguys. But then all her team is shown doing is punching badguys and saving people. Waid doesn't show the team fixing the mine or comforting the kidnapper girls. Even though that was suppose to be the whole point of the book. Also Ramos is a terrible artist and reuses the same panel six times. Also Waid makes Kamala uncute when he turns her into her annoying soapbox.
>>
Viv is too robotic does the writer even read the visions?
>>
>>86777818
Why would he read that garbage? Th writer of Vision should read this comic instead.
>>
>>86777841
You're not my nigga buddy

if you don't think the visions is the best comic right now, you van geeet out
>>
>>86777841
Yeah, then the writer can finally be woke.
>>
Kamal is super annoying, but it was pretty good until the jarring last three HELLO FELLOW KIDS pages, even if the message makes sense, both on real life or on Marvel universe.
>>
>>86777777
>>
>>86777841
HOT (YOU)S HERE, JUST GIVING THEM OUT
>>
File: 15.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
>>86777634

#All-#New #All-#Different
>>
>>86777634
I bet they want #Champions trending so much.
>>
>>86777435
They're a standard superhero team, UNLIKE THE REST OF MARVEL RIGHT NOW
Civil War II is completely retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>86776917
It's like reading my Bendis books. Top quality.
>>
It kind of reminded me of a Tomino show with Kamala being SICK OF ADULTS AND THEIR LIES. I like that they're concerned for the aftermath, and that definitely needs to have a focus in future issues.
7/10. I'm hopeful for the future, but I can also see things going downhill.
>>
>>86776917

I like the art cute shotas goddamnit and for an issue 1 it was good but I just can't get over the fact that if this book acknowledged that Damage Control Inc. was a thing, it wouldn't have a premise to stand on.
Also, I cannot stand how hard Marvel is shilling this.
>>
>>86777711
>Has it gotten so bad that you literally can't even remember who's fighting who anymore?

We already know which side the varied Avengers are going to take though, don't we?
>>
>>86777898
Wait, Squirrel Girl has been punching Thanos in the face since Wolverine there was getting paid to suck dick.

What's with the hero worship?
>>
>>86776917
Some of the worst art I've ever seen.
>>
File: howwillyourespondheroes.png (323KB, 899x1300px) Image search: [Google]
howwillyourespondheroes.png
323KB, 899x1300px
It reminds me how good it is to be a weeb
>>
>>86777641
Trumpkins love being depressed
>>
File: Bearsona 08 Kamala.png (533KB, 1000x741px) Image search: [Google]
Bearsona 08 Kamala.png
533KB, 1000x741px
>>86776917
>>
>>86777489
>This is the 7th thread about it I've seen
Because you teen hero fags are as bad as Sonic fans. Most of the posts in the threads are just shitting on the book anyway.
>>
>>86780217
GANG ORCA IS BACK FUCK YES
>>
>>86780223
And Kamala joins ISIS. I predicted it from day 1.
>>
>>86777489
>This is the 7th thread about it I've seen

And yet the thread I posted in about it yesterday is still there. There've been 6 other threads, like this one, maybe. But they die fairly quickly. I't spointless padding by dudes who are obviously too dumb to at least give the catalogue a look before starting yet another thread asking

"Do I like this?"

"Can I?"

"Are you sure?"
>>
Pretty bad, somehow Waid managed to miss the point of his own book.
>proclaim that the team is different from the avengers because they focus on helping the little man instead of just punching bad guys
>proceed to skip over them helping repair the mine
>proceed to have a punch out fest with villains and instead of spending the last pages on them comforting the victims, we get omygosh social media!
>>
>>86780173
The real weird thing is the fact shes slept with logan
>>
>>86776917
I don't think Waid should be allowed to write Kamala. Ever.
>>
>>86780476
Yeah, the ending felt rushed. Why are they all suddenly checking Twitter? And Kamala "I'm not going to speech, but speech" Khan. I think It could have been better if the tweets came from the crowds phones, and finish on champions helping the victims
>>
>>86776917
Still finding it funny how Scholastic is the reason why it reach 400,000 pre orders and yet what was inside is probably not very suitable for younger children
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.