[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Did Lex Kill Mercy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 8

File: vlcsnap-6326-10-14-01h48m37s225.png (1MB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-6326-10-14-01h48m37s225.png
1MB, 1920x802px
Seems odd in the movie that Lex specifically tells Mercy to save his seat thereby ensuring she dies in the bombing. My best guess for why he does this is when he first gets the kryptonite and is just standing there spellbound, Mercy walks over to it as well and when Lex looks up and sees her he looks shocked and mildly disturbed. I guess he thought she had forgotten her place, she thought she was a co-conspirator and he thought she was his underling.
>>
>>86774755

This movie is badly written
>>
>>86774767
Nah it's pretty good bro.
>>
>>86774755
She was a CIA plant, just like Jimmy Olsen. The fire rises.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 900x1369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 900x1369px
>>86774767
/thread
>>
I personally thought of the obvious conclusion that it makes it seem less likely that Lex had anything to do with the bomb, given that his own assistant was killed by it.
>>
>>86774767
fpbp
>>
>>86774949
this. if both of them walked out all suspicion would have been on them from the start. She was a nothing character anyways, hardly deserving of the name mercy
>>
>>86774767
Fpbp.
>>
>>86774767
this
>>
>>86774755
How can you be this stupid? Obviously he did it so no one would suspect a fucking bomb or that he did it. Just like you said, people would question if Lex did it because he blew up his own assistant.
>>
>>86774767
>>86774947
>>86774980
>>86775033
>>86775122

Why do you guys get so triggered that people enjoy a movie you dont?
>>
>>86774767

Fucking this. I liked it and admit it was badly written. Superman should literally saved everyone in that scene. Think about it -- a hearing to condemn Superman and question if he's a good guy, gets bomb and he manages to either contain the blast or superspeed/fly everyone out in awesome slow motion...

How great would that have been?
>>
>>86775882
It was lined with led you fucking retard, he couldnt see it.
>>
>>86774755

Don't worry, Mercy will come back as an android that breaks Lex out of prison in the aftercredits for the next DC movie!
>>
>>86774755
I thought it was mostly to show that Lex has no regards for people, not even the ones "close" to him in opposition to Superman who supposedly cares about everyone.

basically your are just a tool for Lex and you are there until you are useful
>>
>>86775943

Did they even fucking mention that? Also the point is making a scene where FUCKING SUPERMAN FUCKING SAVES PEOPLE, you know like in the comics you obvious don't read you fucking dense cuck.
>>
>>86774875
t. zack snyder
>>
>>86774755
I think it was a Mercy killing
>>
>>86776032

There's a whole montage of Superman saving people. Plus he sacrificed his life to save the world from a rage monster.

In the Extended Cut they point out that the wheel chair is lined with lead.
>>
>>86776092
>Plus he sacrificed his life to save the world from a rage monster.

he only did that to save Lois who was right there
>>
>>86775882
>admit it was badly written
Mistake. Don't believe meme's just so you sound more reasonable. Truth is truth no matter how many people believe it.
>>
>>86774767
BvS is the greatest written movie of all time. Deal with it.
>>
File: ha!.png (182KB, 276x264px) Image search: [Google]
ha!.png
182KB, 276x264px
>>86776139
>>
>>86775825
How am I triggered by acknowledging the fact that the movie was so bad that they had to release an extended version in the DVD to fix it and it wasn't a bonus feature
>>
>>86776032
Lois explicitly says it was lined with led.
>>
>>86775882
Superman has never been fast enough to do what you are claiming.

Spotted the casual that doesnt read comics.
>>
>>86776840
>Superman has never been fast enough

If you'd said "in current continuity/modern comics", it's arguable. Feats are very inconsistent- his ability to have conversations with Flash at such a speed that everything else is frozen leans towards his ability to do this. However he is often caught off guard.

But if you're saying that he couldn't have done this without breaking a sweat during the Silver Age, then you're kidding yourself.
>>
File: d98.jpg (28KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
d98.jpg
28KB, 600x640px
>>86776139
>>
>>86777251
Silver Age doesn't count, he could literally shoot little superman out of his hands and supergirl could create stone golems. They just had as many powers as they needed.
>>
>>86775825
?
Are you projecting
>>
>>86777251
The issue here is that the Flash has speedforce and can do it without hurting anyone. Superman just moves really fast, which human bodies cannot endure.
>>
>>86777513
since when?
he saves people at super speed all the time
>>
>>86776082
CARLOS!
>>
Asians aren't people
>>
>>86777513
>>86777584
Superman gives the people he holds his telekinetic aura
>>
>>86776840
> faster than a bullet
> Can't outrun the explosion that propels it

He could have charged the cripple and punted him through the wall
>>
Whenever people argue about why Superman did something one way instead of another it's always dumb. Superman can do anything, so any particular thing he does is always for narrative reasons. "Why didn't Superman just..." because they thought it would be more narratively interesting this way.
>>
>>86775943
This continues to be the worst defense of the scene.

The fucking 'he just wasn't looking around' defense is better. Because lets assume he did scan the room and it was lead lined, is he not just going to wonder "hmm.. what is this small package attached to the wheelchair that is the ONE THING IN THIS ENTIRE ROOM that I can't see through"

They even play this out exactly in The Just with Superman's dumb jock son who sees through Damian trying to hide Lex's daughter with a lead lined cloak and him going "not even im dumb enough for that"
>>
>>86774755
BECAUSE AUTISM!
>>
>>86777653
HE WAS DISTRACTED

it wa all part of Lex plan, that's why he used the cripple

Superman felt so guilty he didn't want to even look at him so he didn't notice anything
>>
>>86776082
Underrated post.
>>
>>86774755
Maybe he's been hittin' dat and she's preggers, so it's his way of saying he wants an abortion?
>>
Why did Lex do literally anything he does in the movie

>Superman, you're a menace in waiting, no man can be all good and all powerful
>therefore I will create a being who is even more powerful and definitely not good
>>
>>86777739
In any case, this means she can come back as a cyborg in the sequel.
>>
Given the rest of the movie, you might say it was a mercy killing
>>
>>86777748
>CONSIDER THIS MERCY!
>>
>>86777744
He hates Superman, he's not afraid of him. He doesn't try to kill Superman because he believes he's dangerous, he wants to kill him because Superman's existence demeans him. He'd destroy the world if that's what it took to kill Superman.
>>
>>86777846
Then why did he create something that was Superman except stronger
>>
>>86777999
>He'd destroy the world if that's what it took to kill Superman.
>>
In one of his labs he has many Mercy clones.

I wouldn't mind this idea if true.
>>
>>86778014
But why does he hate Superman... if he's going to create stronger Superman

He'd hate himsefl
>>
>>86778045
>But why does he hate Superman... if he's going to create stronger Superman

He hates Superman because he envies him. Doomsday (made from Luthor's blood) killing Superman is Lex's victory.
>>
>>86777744
Lex was afraid of meta-humans taking over. Keep in mind it wasn't just Superman, Lex was keeping tabs on Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash too. All of his motivations are explained in the scene where he's talking to the senator. The painting of a war between demons and angels, him comparing himself to Paul Revere: "The red capes are coming".

He foresaw something like the Justice League coming, and decided that would be a bad thing for humanity so he tried to stop it. Superman was his main target because Superman was public and loved, but he was working both sides to make Batman and Superman hate each other, stoking Batman's mistrust of Superman, while also feeding Clark the information about people Batman caught getting murdered in prison.

Doomsday/Zod was Luthor's insurance. Not just for the case of Superman surviving the fight with Batman, but also to use against the other metas in the future.
>>
But if the fall would kill him regardless why would he shoot him before tossing him out of the plane?
>>
>>86777434
I know that. He said 'has never been'. I was playing devil's advocate
>>
>>86778063
Why would he envy him... if he can make stronger superman

You're right, he did win. My question is why does the winner envy the loser at any point in this conflict?
>>
>>86777628
Is that still canon? I thought they transferred that ability to Superboy, and thats what was different about him
>>
>>86775943

when was it said in the movies that superman can't see through lead? how does lex know that superman can't see through lead?
>>
>>86778079
>Why would he envy him... if he can make stronger superman

How does he know his one is stronger until he kills Superman? The proof is in the pudding.
>>
>>86778064
And how would he have control over dd?
He didn't even have kryptonite at that point.
>>
>>86774755
Snyder, Goyer and Terrio are hacks
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51KB, 685x567px
>>86778064
>Doomsday/Zod was Luthor's insurance. Not just for the case of Superman surviving the fight with Batman, but also to use against the other metas in the future.
So if his plan failed to have the world's deadliest vigilante kill Superman with all of his Kryptonite, his backup plan was to unleash an uncontrollable rage monster even more powerful than Superman, to kill anyone with a hope of stopping it.

My advice: stop rationalizing Goyer script-work, he hasn't bothered to so why should you?
>>
>>86778102
He'll headcanon in some sort of Doomsday control device in the next thread, I am sure.
>>
>>86778102
>>86778109
Luthor believed he would be able to control Doomsday because he's fucking Lex Luthor. Does that really need to be explained?
>>
>>86775882
That would have been great.

Quit making me even more disappointed in this movie.
>>
>>86775882
Would kinda ruin the point of the scene. Which is to be part of Lex's plan to foster distrust of Superman. If Superman had saved them then what?
>>
File: Man of Steel3.jpg (151KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel3.jpg
151KB, 1920x800px
>>86778140
All things considered, it sure does.
I mean, he could more easily control Superman, who is constantly waiting for someone to tell him what to do to begin with.
Use him to kill all the metahumans or something, he's already necksnappered one and he's not too bright. If he could manipulate the World's Greatest Detective, he could handle autism-Clark.

Plant a bomb in MARTHA, the clod would never solve that one.
>>
>>86774755
Because it was a badly written, incoherent movie.
>>
Hey op, guess what? Lex is a bad person. He doesn't feel empathy, he only uses people.

When he blows up the courtroom, he left Mercy there because having a Lexcorp employee among the casualties looks better since Lex himself failed to show up. And it doubles as Lex no longer having any 'mercy' left, because he willingly discarded it.
>>
>>86777434
The whole point is that the post he was replying to DOES count the Silver Age due to the way it was formulated. That was the problem.
>>
>>86778179
but you see Batman was enraged by the recent events and wasn't thinking clearly that's why he got played too
>>
File: 1393794484117.gif (173KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1393794484117.gif
173KB, 225x224px
>>86778205
Batman functions on pure MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEAAADDD rage every night, egged on by his bitchy butler telling him what a stupid piece of crap he is for bothering to save anyone.
>>
>>86778218
And that's in a BETTER movie.
>>
>>86777628
>>86778082
He might still have the bio-aura. Check this scene in Man of Steel. Look closely at 2:22 and you'll see a glimpse of what looks like a blue forcefield. I think that's a visual representation of the bio-aura.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uhf9S_1EY0g
>>
>>86778241
I think you've headcanon'd too hard and did yourself damage.
>>
>>86778241
I see awkward CGI smoke.
Next you'll be telling me that Jonathan vanishing in the Tornado was him joining the Force like Obi-Wan.
>>
>>86774755
She was his underling, plus it was getting rid of a witness.

What? Did you want the film to be well written? We all did dude, some people are delusional enough to still think it is.
>>
>>86774875
I suppose its good entertainment to watch if youre retarded.
>>
>>86778266
Zack shows Zod having a gravity field, why is this so unbelievable?

>>86778287
It's blue and covers Lois, protecting her from the explosion. Why would it do that?
>>
>>86777846
>Not afraid of him
Did you see the scene where Superman confronts him? He's fucking terrified till he has him blackmailed. More bad writing
>>
>>86774755
They wanted to show us he had no mercy :^)
>>
>>86778140
Yes because that doesn't make any fucking sense. He's egotistical but he's not a moron; in fact, being smart is his key defining feature.
WHY does he think he can control the grey Hulk? Its a rage monster and he thinks he can just get it to do what he says? Thats retarded.

The real reason his Goyer didn't think it through properly and the fans are picking up the pieces, trying to make sense and justify this mess
>>
We see that Luthor is a ruthless, merciless psychopath with no regard for human life to achieve his ends in that scene.
>>
>>86778443
Fuck thats probably it and what they consider "clever writing"
>>
>>86778102
Same reason he thinks he can control Bizarro in the iteratipns where he makes him as a failed Superman clone: "I made him so he should listen to me." It's comics logic turned on its head by Snyder.

Though I doubt this is the first time "my creation has turned on me" has happened in comics. Also Frankenstein allusions I guess? I don't know the original Frankenstein so I can't really say.
>>
Fuck. This people retarded
>>
>>86776114

This. It appears all Snyder's superman cares about saving is Lois. He didn't even know his mother got kidnapped.
>>
>>86778439
You talking about the scene on the tower? Yeah he wasn't scared. Why would he be? He already had Martha.
>>
File: Sasuke_contuined_laughter_haha.jpg (98KB, 421x532px) Image search: [Google]
Sasuke_contuined_laughter_haha.jpg
98KB, 421x532px
>That literal pile of allegories, bible quotes and bible scene reenactments
>It kept piling up
>>
>>86778525
Watch it again. He falls back, is stutter, clearly worried this dude is going to punch a hole in him before he even reveals he has Martha. After he does he gets calm, but for that hes terrified.

I hate this film and I know more about it than you do.
>>
>>86776114
>>86778519
autism
>>
>>86778560
maybe they should sto shoerning her into every fucking important scene

se was everywhere in MoS, in BvS too, in the Knightmare vision Superman is mad because Lois is dead etc.

also he will fly in Africa in an instant to save her while letting a bunch of girls rot in a prison on the other side of the bay just to get mad at a vigilante for saving them because he branded a criminal
>>
>>86778556
He stutters and acts like a spastic in every scene. He's already winding the timer to countdown Martha's final minutes while he lectures Superman, he's not scared. And my original was that Lex isn't acting out of concern for some scenario where Superman goes evil, he's doing it out of envy that Superman is more powerful than him.
>>
>>86778600
>also he will fly in Africa in an instant to save her while letting a bunch of girls rot in a prison on the other side of the bay just to get mad at a vigilante for saving them because he branded a criminal

Yeah Superman is a hypocrite in BvS, but at least the movies acknowledges this. Unlike in Civil War were Cap is a hypocrite and lauded for his integrity.
>>
>>86778600
The problem is that, even in BvS people were saying Lois's role was too small. There's no way to please everyone and Zack is trying to take the middle road.

Superman, if given a choice between saving a stranger and a loved one will choose the loved one just like any other person. This doesn't mean he doesn't care about anyone else; he'll help anyone who needs it.

>>86778620
"How does he decide who lives and who dies" (or something to that effect) is basically this.

Also a funny thing is that an argument in BvS effectively annihilates the Accords: "are you as a United States Senator personally comfortable with saying to a grieving parent 'Superman could have saved your child, but on principle we did not want him to act?'"

Imagine Tony's reaction to this.
>>
>>86778456
Grey Hulk was pretty smart actually
>>
>>86775811
He could have just told her not to come and sent some other smoe. Hell, once Mercy saw that Lex wasn't there she should have excused herself.
>>
>>86778064

That was a lie. Everything he says to the senator was a lie.

Yes, he told her that he wanted to create mere deterrents for the meta-humans to protect the mankind, but that was a lie and the senator knew it. She knew he only wanted to kill Superman.
>>
>>86778173
>>86775882

THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FILM IS THAT SUPERMAN CAN'T SAVE EVERYONE AND THAT'S OKAY.

Pa Kent even says that out right when he tells the story of saving the farm from the flood and then accidentally drowning another farm.

You can still do good even if you aren't perfect.
>>
>>86775996
Too fun for Snyder
>>
>>86777689
>"hmm.. what is this small package attached to the wheelchair that is the ONE THING IN THIS ENTIRE ROOM that I can't see through"

We don't know how lead blocking his x-ray vision works. For all we know it's just a void. There's a lot more blocks of lead around that you might think the are, oddly enough. If he did freak out every time he was exposed to one, people would freak out about him even more.

We *do* know that he doesn't walk around looking through things all the time because he's not a god damned weirdo. Also, If there's ever a spot that you can feel pretty positive won't have that exact kind of thing happen, it's in the US capitol. You guys expect him to be on high guard all the time even when he has a little trust that other people are already taking care of that exact issue.

He's Superman, not Batman.
>>
>>86779899
Nah I think he actually did want to genocide (or at least spook) all metahumans after Superman, since power is a huge part of his character. He wants to be on top, which makes me wonder if he would eventually attempt to eliminate Batman even though Batman isn't a metahuman.
>>
>>86780076
>We *do* know that he doesn't walk around looking through things all the time because he's not a god damned weirdo
This is actually a really cool aspect of Superman. He only uses his powers when he needs to/believes there is danger. This separates him from characters like Dr. Manhattan and Vision. Martian Manhunter is similar too in that he respects people despite having the ability to peer into anyone's mind.
>>
>>86776834
Only in the extended cut.
>>
>>86775001
>hardly deserving of the name mercy

Which is why she shouldn't have been called Mercy. Now we don't get a proper Mercy in the DCEU because Snyder thinks killing off comic characters before they get to do anything is cool
>>
>>86777628
Only the things he touches. Not the things he does. Than means that the rest of the room is fucked.
>>
>>86780690
>marcy is a comic book character.

Not only marcy dying helps makes less even less likeble and makes him ruthless, and that he doesnt care about anyone but himself, it also means that you can have her BACK.

Lex can build her in a later movie just to replace the original.

>>86778064

Everything Lex says in the movie is either a lie he says to others to manipulate them or a lie he say to himself to justify why he acts in that way. The only moment Lex is honest is at the party when the hatred he feels for superman is so big it makes him sperg during the Prometheus speech.
>>
>>86780843
He was also honest to Superman at the rooftop and prior to releasing Doomsday I'd say. His reasons (deterrents) for the metahumans are definitely lies, but his wish to annihilate or become more powerful than them is definitely there.
>>
>>86774755
Because Zack Snyder is moron, who think characters like Jimmy Olsen should be shot in the head and Batman should be raped
>>
>>86780912
You should be shot and raped.
>>
>>86780943
Did someone hit a nerve?
>>
>>86780897
>but his wish to annihilate or become more powerful than them is definitely there.
Sure, but is not about metahumans taking over. Is about anyone having any kind of power over him. He isnt afraid of the werewolves, but he wants to be the only one with a silver bullet.
>>
>>86780975
Not him but you are clearly an idiot. How many times people told you that batman wasnt saying batman should be raped? How many times did you post something stupid like that here and you were corrected by idiots that didnt knew you were a retard?
>>
>>86781192
I never posted it. I'm not the guy he replied to.
>>
>>86780975
Nope I just took his meme words and directed them at him. Doesn't take much effort.
>>
>>86774767
Thread was over in the first reply.
>>
>>86774875
I'm convinced Snyder is in this thread.
>>
>>86781330
I wish. Unfortunately it's just a bunch of people saying true statements.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.