[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1235317.jpg (153KB, 600x914px) Image search: [Google]
1235317.jpg
153KB, 600x914px
Is this any good?
>>
>>86772838
Yeah, it's pretty good.
>>
>>86772849
Yeah it looked fun but I wasn't sure
>>
>>86772877
It's pretty darn fun
I liked the last few issues a lot
Fraction is a fag but Allred's are awesome
>>
>>86772838
Yes especially toward the end. This comic made me love Scott Lang.
>>
>>86772838
it's quirky as all hell, but yes
>>
Fraction gets really preachy for a bit, but it's fun otherwise.

Like the Wizard randomly becomes a bigot to drive home a story about one of the moloids coming out as transgendered. The thing is that story didn't need a villain it was an odd and cute story about family, which is really the core of what the FF have always been, a family.

Except for that blip it's fun, however the there is a problem with the trades, the first 4 issues of FF are in the Fantastic Four trade so vol one of FF has issues 4 - 8
>>
File: 1154697.jpg (96KB, 600x883px) Image search: [Google]
1154697.jpg
96KB, 600x883px
>>86772849
>>86772934
>>86772957
>>86772994
>>86773043
What about this series?
>>
>>86773090
I could never get past the art to really see if I enjoy Hickman's run
>>
>>86773090
That is partway through Hickman's
Fantastic Four run, and shouldn't be read alone. As a whole it's pretty great though
>>
File: fantastic Four reading list.jpg (1MB, 1200x911px) Image search: [Google]
fantastic Four reading list.jpg
1MB, 1200x911px
>>86773090
It's great, but keep in mind that it's a the middle of a story so not a good place to start. See pic related for the reading order.
>>
Yeah it was pretty good. Doom jobbed though, but in the end guess who's alive, handsome has good relationship with the effective god, and who got murdered by the Beyonders.

DOOM: 1
Living Tribunal: 0
>>
One of the few Marvel books I read
But when money got tight it was the first to go
>>
>>86773043
Fraction didn't write it. Allred and his wife did, based on super vague fragments Fraction gave them for story plot points.

Matt was incredibly salty that he was stuck writing Scott, especially after he tried to re-kill Scott off following his resurrection in his Defenders book as a favor to Bendis, who was still fucking butt-hurt Disney forced Marvel to bring him back in Children's Crusade.

He was stuck writing FF as a side effect of being given the main F4 book to write (the book sold too well for Marvel to cancel after launching it as a vanity book for Hickman) so he basically gave a few story notes to Allred and Allred ghost-wrote the entire series while Fraction got all of the credit because, by this point, Kelly Sue had fully castrated him to leave the Big Two so she could continue being a talentless leech of a whore by getting Matt to work with her on trying to get a movie deal out of her shit indie comics (Sex Criminals, Planet Bitch)
>>
>>86773173
Woah who the fuck are these people? That looks cool as shit. Guessing some indie imprint or something?
>>
>>86774422
Is this real or is this more of your "headcanon" like the "Joe Casey being a druggie so that's why he was dropped from X-Men"?
>>
>>86772838
It was terrible, I don't know why anyone liked it? It was literally dumb interviews with Franklin and Val with dumb childish shit.
>>
>>86774533
He's full of shit. The only thing in that mess that is believable is Allred ghostwriting FF.
>>
>>86774533
Well, the last 1/3rd of the run being scripted by the Allreds going off of the plot that Fraction had written for it is true. The rest is just that anon meme-ing.
>>
>>86774558
>It was literally dumb interviews with Franklin and Val
Franklin and Val weren't even in the book outside of the first and last couple issues when they tied into Fantastic Four.
>>
>>86774533
>Is this real
Well he thinks KSD is writing Sex Criminals

The part about Fraction wanting to kill Scott as a favor to Bendis is funny enough that I choose to believe it
>>
>>86772838
Yeah, it's pretty good. Would recommend.
>>
>>86772838
Last time I liked Medusa

When she was sneaking into a prepubescent boy's bedroom in secret
>>
File: 3202904-medusa+bentley+1.jpg (1MB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
3202904-medusa+bentley+1.jpg
1MB, 994x1528px
>>86775474
>>
>>86773090
it's pretty boring
>>
After Hickman really pulled all stops, it was a nice change of pace, the quirkiness made sense withing the setting and it still had that adventurous tone that sets FF apart from other superhero teams, it's one of my favorite runs, behind Lee, Hickman, Waid and Byrne.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.