[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Disney Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

What do you guys think of the classic characters like Mickey, Minnie, Oswald, Pluto, Daffy, etc? The core cast. Is Mickey really too boring and if so, how can he be fixed?

I remember a few years ago we used to complain that Disney wasn't doing anything with them. That was before the shorts, but even then they seem regulated to preschool shows and video games otherwise. Disney should give the old shorts on tv like CN used to do with Toonheads.
>>
>>86767559
What's this doing on Page 10? No dignity.
>>
Honestly, the only things I like them in is House of Mouse and Kingdom Hearts. They just lack decent characterization in most things, mostly due to classic cartoons like Oswald's era had no such thing. And that carried over to the newer mickey gang stuff.
>>
>>86767559
>Is Mickey really too boring
No, not really.

What Disney should do is make a proper animated movie with them (shitty direct-to-bargin-bin 3 Musketeers doesn't count)

It wouldn't be hard to do, its honestly surprising modern Disney hasn't done it, since the days of Mickey being locked up as a untouchable, sterile mascot are long gone.
>>
I feel like characters from that era have some of the best cartoon character designs ever. They're simplistic and appealing to look at, and all of their anatomy adds up magnificently. You rarely see character designs like this nowadays.

It's weird, I didn't really grow up on classic Disney cartoons since Disney shows/releases them sparingly, but now that I can access basically all of them online, I have a greater appreciation for them. I'm not sure what their deal is with that. They butcher the originals for Facebook and Youtube videos, but occasionally have the full classics on DVDs and stuff. You can also watch some of them in shops and queue lines at the theme parks, but they're not as "readily available in mass quantity" as Looney Tunes or MGMs library.
>>
>>86769572
DuckTales was good for what it was, but it pales in comparison to the Barks/Rosa comics. I have a lot of faith in the new series on the way, the creators really know their Duck history.
>>
>>86769481
Pre-code shorts and the comics had characterization, so did shows like DuckTales, Goof Troop and Bonkers.
>>86769603
Disney Australia is not bargin bin, if you want that try Paul Ruddish's shorts which are a insult to the characters I find them a guilty pleasure however.

Read the comics from Floyd Gottfredson, Mickey has depth in those comics like in the pre-code shorts, far from sterile.
>>
>>86769660
To be fare, Telecom (TMS) did all they could with the strict BSP standers at the time, the new show will not be as good as the first show due to the show being handled by Rough Draft Korea.

In short, stick to the comic.
>>
File: Solego.jpg (44KB, 262x302px) Image search: [Google]
Solego.jpg
44KB, 262x302px
>TFW we'll never get an animated version of The Chaos God
>>
File: Ruth_Clifford.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ruth_Clifford.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
Best Minnie voice
>>
>>86767559
>Is Mickey really too boring and if so, how can he be fixed?

It's less that he's boring and more that they're afraid to do too much with him since he's the mascot. So he was stuck playing the straight man for so long that it seems odd for him not to be in that role.
>>
>>86770581
Oh shit she's hot
>>
>>86769481
Recent years have done them a lot of justice though. Epic Mickey established a good character for Oswald, and the Mickey shorts were great.
>>
>>86769860
I used to have the issues for this.

...and for some reason, I thought the finale was the 3D chapter
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.