[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the Garden Wall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 45

File: Over-the-garden-wall-poster.jpg (79KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
Over-the-garden-wall-poster.jpg
79KB, 360x450px
I know I'm super fucking late to the party, but could we have an OTGW thread? Let's talk about what we liked, what we didn't like, or whatever the fuck we wanna say about it.
I just finished it last night and holy shitsnacks it was good.
The music was probably my favorite part since I just preordered the soundtrack.
I didn't like that the woodsman got his daughter back. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for a happy ending, but I felt like everything went a bit too right. There should have been some kind of sacrifice for the boys to make it home intact.
Anyway, let's go nuts
>>
It's a beautiful show.

The Jason Funderberger reveal is an effortlessly funny gag.
>>
How come only Australia got the Blu-Ray?
>>
>>86759026
Yeah I'm not sure why I was expecting a football playing tough guy, but I busted out laughing when Jason Funderberger showed up.
I think it was because I was expecting his crush to be a cheerleader or popular girl or something, but was pleasantly surprised to see that he was getting so nervous talking to a normal girl his age.
>>
>>86759157
Not sure, I saw a few copies on Amazon after I finished watching it and decided I needed a copy but they were way more expensive and had shit reviews so I bought the dvd
>>
What confuses me is how the woodsman got his daughter back. It just shows him sitting on hit porch and she comes out of the house. I've probably missed something but I don't understand where she was this whole time.
>>
>>86759248
No you're not alone, it was just kind of out of nowhere. I fully expected him to have to live with what he did for the beast without his daughter but BOOM surprise daughter
>>
I'd say its underrated but it got like three fucking Emmy awards, so I guess it's a really well-reviewed well-loved show that's simply not much to talk about.

By the way, sempai noticed us
https://twitter.com/ncrossanimation/status/529033479510429696
>>
It was way too short.
>>
I wanted to get my parents into cartoons so I showed it to them separately.
My mother really loved it. Hell, she even gasped when it looked like Greg was dead.
>Are they gonna kill Greg?!

My father found it too childish and boring, so he couldnĀ“t really get into it. A real shame.
>>
>>86759248
>>86759286
She was never lost, he just never came out of the woods.
>>
>>86758942
I'll just write that I loved it and then leave
>>
>>86759157
I don't know, how come Italy still hasn't released nothing, even DVDs?
>>
>>86759362
I did the same with my girlfriend.
She really liked it. A viewing of it has been an autumnal tradition two years running, now.
>>
>>86759754
You lucky bastard
>>
In the wake of the soundtrack release, I'm going through a newfound appreciation for the lesser known pieces.
Not that I didn't value them before, but I'd usually only listen to the more memorable one like Into the Unknown, Come Wayward Souls, Patient is the Night etc.

But there some gems out there that aren't the most recognizable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8_QdVlK3Vg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_MEAUlV3_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYLos6SBUg
>>
>>86759754
I think I'm gonna try that this weekend anon
>>
>>86760009
Pottsfield is fucking comfy music anon, but I'm sure I've heard that music somewhere before. Like I'm sure I've heard it in some kind of fall festival before.
>>
>>86760332
Anon in another thread said it was called Shape Note Singing. Came from Pennsylvania in the early 1800s as a way of musically uneducated people teaching themselves to organize a chorus.
>>
Honestly I never liked the big reveal of what The Unknown really is, or the fact that it's actually modern times. It always feels cheap to me when the entire body of work is made irrelevant because "it was all a dream, or was it"
>>
>>86759754
I'm about to do the same with my gf, but the leaves haven't fallen or anything yet. Gotta wait til it's really autumnal.
>>
>>86759366
Wasn't she the girl being kept at Adelaide's?
Once Wirt overcame his hesitation, it set off the happy ending chain of events
>>
>>86760571
It's not a dream though
>>
>>86759366
I think the comic covers her whereabouts during that time.
>>
>>86759366
Are you implying that he killed himself? I can see that honestly. But at the same time I'm skeptical
>>
Would anyone like to talk about Greg's dream?
There are more than a few points in the dream sequence that have a little porthole effect on them, like we're seeing it through a spyglass.
Could anyone find some kind of significance for that?
>>
>>86759248
She never left the house. The Beast just claimed he had her and the Woodsman blindly believed him.
>>
>>86759157
Warner Bros Home Video is totally ignorant of the fact that CN shows have any appeal to an older audience, so they don't bother releasing anything but Adventure Time.
Madman has the rights to CN shows in Australia, and they're a specialty label that releases anime and such.
>>
File: tumblr_nensg8xfBK1tskfsfo7_1280.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nensg8xfBK1tskfsfo7_1280.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>86762124
What the fuck was this guy's problem?
>>
>>86762124
This is something that is often used in old classic cartoons
The entire series is a bit of a love letter to those
As for why they did it back then
I'm not sure
I always thought it was for emphasis
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-19-21h35m35s679.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-19-21h35m35s679.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Complete series, Blu-ray remux (with better contrast/color than broadcast and web versions):
https://mega.nz/#F!9MhnVYZT!upxCHxJOHnn7KTo9AfcbCg
Sountrack vinyl rip (24 bit FLAC):
https://mega.nz/#!YYky2SQZ!YXyWyQKB4LtWV-7CL6ntArcPPu76Ym44Nnbens2Zquo
>>
>>86762334
I really liked the old cartoony style, reminded me of the stuff my grandma had for us to watch. But I was just wondering if maybe there was something important about them.
>>86762308
We don't talk about him.
he's a bad boy
>>
>>86762473
I downloaded the ost from mega last time we had a thread. But they're only FLAC files, is there any way for me to make them mp3 so I can play it in the car?
>>
>>86761963
What? No. I'm implying that he thought his daughter was lost, went into the woods to find her, met the Beast, and never really checked if the Beast was telling the truth or not, so he just believed him.

"Your daughter is dead but her soul is in my lantern."
"Oh, okay."
>>
>>86762549
ffmpeg -i file.flac -b:a 320k file.mp3
>>
>>86762549
Use the google
>>
>>86762558
he was really sad and tired. the beast does that to you
>>
>>86763174
How long do you think he'd been talking to the beast before he was convinced she disappeared?
Greg was only with it for a day and it exhausted him.
>>
>>86763254
i mean, if a spookyfellow shows up and says he can help your missing daughter, all you have to do is find him a few faggots, do you argue?
>>
>>86763333
The quads say no, I don't argue at all. Honestly, I'd be so scared shitless I'd believe anything he told me.
>>
I haven't been paying attention to this news about the soundtrack. Does it have anything that the composer's cut on the DVD doesn't?
>>
>>86763672
The whole track list is on the website. I won't link it because lazy but it's on mondo's website.
Just Google mondo over the garden wall sountrack
>>
>>86763672
It's missing some stuff but has full versions of several other songs the composer's cut (and the show) edited down
>>
The main characters weren't very good.

Otherwise I can't remember the show.

And he didn't fuck the bird.
>>
>>86764075
you dont fuck birds, you monster
you finger them gently with your smallest finger
>>
>>86764230
Please, Beatrice would have been down for some Wirt dick.
>>
>>86764447
rubbing her soft feathery cheeks on it, sure. perching on it humorously. even grinding her cloaca on it. not being impaled by one the size of her body.
>>
>>86758942

Its nearly halloween

annual rewatch soon
>>
I'm disappointed that Margueritte Grey never took off.
>>
>>86764499
I hope so. Looking forward to the watch along threads, even if they are always slow.
>>
>COMMITEE
>>
File: ejW05g8.gif (742KB, 530x277px) Image search: [Google]
ejW05g8.gif
742KB, 530x277px
This came out right after I had a metal plate and pins put in my ankle, so I watched the whole thing on pain killers. And hoooly fuck that dog thing in the first part was so terrifying and unsettling.

The whole thing is just great. The story is pretty solid, but the music and tone of the show are just amazing. I can't wait for Texas' one day of winter this year because this is the perfect "cozy inside on a cold day" cartoon
>>
>>86763333
>>86763399
Ties into the themes of the series as well.

The Woodsman believed that things where much worse than they actually were and fell under the Beasts power, when he could easily have just gone home and found his daughter.

Almost every episode has Wirt or another character faced with some massive problem they feel that they can't overcome just to find that it wasn't that big after all.
>The big black monster dog was just a normal dog after candy
>The boys thought they were digging their own graves but where actually just digging up some of the village...people so they could celebrate the harvest
>The gorilla was just Jimmy stuck in his costume (and the mean father was just trying to save the school)
>The ghost lady was just Windicott's neighbour
>Beatrice had decided against betraying Wirt and Greg to Adelaide
>Aunty Whispers was just trying to stop the demon inside Launa
>Jayson Funderberker wasn't even that cool and Sarah was obviously interested in Wirt

And of course, the Beast actually holds no power and relies on manipulation to make his victims think they're powerless.
>>
File: CSRyNQlVAAAAnIp.jpg (96KB, 625x409px) Image search: [Google]
CSRyNQlVAAAAnIp.jpg
96KB, 625x409px
"So, this is the big city? I wasn't expecting it to look so much like the opposite of a big city."
>>
File: sSOScAX.jpg (105KB, 750x989px) Image search: [Google]
sSOScAX.jpg
105KB, 750x989px
"Yeah, everyone knows you're an egg, Rhondi."
>>
>>86765391
everybody knows you're naked under the egg, Rhondi
>>
>>86765422
Everything is naked under the egg anon
It's called nature
>>
>>86764673
Agreed, it might just be the outfit but she is definitely high tier. I wish we got more fan-art of her.
>>
>>86764673
>>86766727
She's too old for most people who seek out /co/ waifus
She ain't bad at 'tall, though.
Luckily there's a solid chance of OTGW becoming an annually-aired classic, though. Which means hopefully we'll get more art in spite of its short run.
>>
>>86767206
Nevermind, forgot to refresh thread
>>
>>86767206
Kisscartoon.com
>>
I just noticed this little detail when Greg first enters Cloud City. The one character that happens to be carrying a lantern trips (and frowns) for a split second during this specific shot.

Anybody have any idea why this might've been included?
>>
>>86767735
bored animators?
>>
File: 1475426280001.png (357KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
1475426280001.png
357KB, 800x655px
>>
>>
File: licky licky.png (61KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
licky licky.png
61KB, 250x240px
>>86767926
>UNFFFFF
This artist made Lorna T H I C C !
>>
>>86759340
God dammit, why is it always this crap that gets attention?

If you're here Nick, I want you to know that the dream sequence is great and that you're a fantastic artist and that we all appreciate your work.

Even if you do have terrible facial hair.
>>
>>86763333
quad tells the truth
>>
>>86762124
That's what they call an "iris shot"

It was very commonly used in film during the silent era
>>
File: 1475608022491.png (216KB, 521x474px) Image search: [Google]
1475608022491.png
216KB, 521x474px
All unanimous praise aside, do you think studios will create more mini-series like this or just keep to large-scale productions only? I feel like limiting yourself to a select number of episodes allows you more compact pacing and resolutions.
>>
>>86770180
I think animation will inevitably go to miniseries only, without raising the quality any
>>
>>86770214
>animation will inevitably go to miniseries only
That's good.
>without raising the quality any
That's bad.
>>
>>86770180
I'd love for them to take on more miniseries, but I doubt they'd keep up the same quality. Even a meh show can get better with more episodes, but miniseries wouldn't get that.
>>
File: 1473995447579.jpg (60KB, 594x393px) Image search: [Google]
1473995447579.jpg
60KB, 594x393px
>>86765422
Someone get a drawfag on this
>>
>>86771287
oh man we've been saying that since the episode first aired
not sure how you'd draw that, though. cutaway?
>>
>>86771536
Maybe a wardrobe malfunction or an x-ray?
If anyone's taking requests I would prefer it in the show's art style if possible
>>
>>86767735
so what was up with the black turtles?
they were in a few episodes. what did they signify??
>>
>>86759248
>>86759366
I assumed that the Beast had been keeping her lost in the woods or somesuch, but the idea that she had already made it back home while the Woodsman was endlessly wandering the forest makes sense.
>>
>>86771761
The comics clarify that the Woodsman was the one lost, she was just home wondering what happened to him.
>>
>>86770180
I thought Long Live the Royals was fun, but felt like more of a pilot for a full length random comedy than a structured mini-series.
>>
File: Over the Garden.jpg (177KB, 900x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Over the Garden.jpg
177KB, 900x1333px
>>86771817
Does it say how the Beast convinced her that he had her soul in the lantern in the first place?
>>
>>86768833

Garbage gets attention because there is something to discuss, some people think its good, some people think its crap, and they talk about why they think that.

Truly good stuff doesn't get talked about much because whenever it gets brought up, everybody just agrees how great it is, talks a bit about some great things from it, and thats the end of the conversation. There is nothing to debate or argue because everyone is on the same page about it.
>>
>>86762124
ok get this. In episode 3 greg bothers beatrice about her supposed magic powers and he asks her to turn him into a tiger.

So then later he learns to grow up, which is what he realises before he goes to sleep in episode 8. Then he imagines a crazy cloud city, and eventually a big blue woman called the queen of the clouds, with birds flying about. So she grants him a wish, but this time he's mature about it, but we dont know what he wished for. Get this, he wishes to grow up, so the whole cloud city thing goes away. Of course, it was all a dream, so Greg never actually got a magic power.
He just decided to grow up in real life. He can do this because anything is possible if you set your mind to it.
>>
>>86771287
>>86771536
>>86771652
>*trips and falls into some bushes with her bare ass sticking up*
>Whelp, there's my vag. Don't make this weird, guys, and help me up.
>>
>>86771678
they're covered in the oil from the trees.... for some reason.
>>
>>86772071
love the dialogue.. wouldnt work since the costume goes between her legs.
>>
>>86758942
>tfw October
>time to marathon OTGW again

A good feel, I can't wait.
>>
RATE EPISODES FROM MOST FAVOURITE TO LEAST FAVOURITE

Into the Unknown (flashback, 1980s episode)
The Unknown (last episode)
Hard Times at the Huskin' Bee (pottsfield)
The Old Grist Mill (first episode)
Songs of the Dark Lantern (tavern)
The Ringing of the Bell (auntie whispers)
Lullaby in Frogland (frogs on boat)
Mad Love (tea guy and his ghost woman)
Schooltown Follies (school of animals)
Babes in the Wood (dream sequence)

The dream sequence of Babes in the Wood actually had me yawning and thinking that this was a blemish on an otherwise perfect show. It was really boring.
>>
>>86772214
I didn't like that part either, but the songs were very good.
>>
>>86771862

Agree, hopefully though they keeping doing little one off mini-series every fall, it'd be a nice tradition to make CN watchable again after thirty days of scary godmother...
>>
>>86762501
I think if you cut out Episode 9 and a bit of 10 you get a solid "They're still wandering the Unknown" thing and it's never revealed that it's all a dream/modern times/whatever. Haven't watched in a while, but iirc that would work.

I did however re-watch The Ringing of the Bell, and got the total fucking fear from that particular sequence. Just sets something going and I want to nope the fuck out off there.
>>
>>86772214
Pretty much how I'd rank them, except the last ep's probably my favorite.
>>
>>86772214

Are you me?
First time around, I saw what was coming at the first thing and just straight up skipped it. Later I only skipped to the North Wind part and then I finally watched the whole thing. It was just way too toddlery for me.
>>
>>86772214
i agree with you on the worst, but the rest you have in reverse order as far as i'm concerned.
>>
Lorna's reveal is legit scary.
>>
>>86773033
I can appreciate it as a homage to old timey cartoons, and the idea that they wanted to emphasize the difference between Wirt's cynicism and Greg's optimism, but still thought it felt drawn out. Granted, I didn't really appreciate Greg's role in the story until the last two episodes, where the dire state of the situation finally starts to affect him.

>>86762308

Got a laugh out of me though.
>>
>>86773525
i found it pretty amusing, what sucked was the downer ending
also somehow i didnt notice until my mom pointed it out, but all the singing is really off-key. usually that bugs the hell out of me but here it just sounded like authentic warbly phonograph stuff
>>
>>86773553
>>86773525

I just didn't understand the role of it. It was like ten minutes of this miniseries devoted to nothing of consequence.
>>
>>86762473
Is the vinyl rip the one with the extended edition of songs like The Fight Is Over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5nwqrtRwqA
>>
>>86773862
Yeah, it's got all of that, plus all of "Tiny Star" (the synthpop song) and "Send Me A Peach", which you barely hear in the actual show.
Most notable omission is the Cloud City song that Greg sings, though it was probably excluded because they featured the whole thing in the show already and they wanted to leave room for unreleased stuff
>>
Why does Australia get CN releases like seasons four and five of Regular Show and the Blu-ray of OtGW while North America gets jack?
>>
>>86771950
Woodsman attacks the Beast after he thought he got his daughter and his lantern falls. Beast asks for his lantern back but Woodsman won't give it to him so he convinces him that his daughter's soul is inside the lantern and if he wants to keep it alive he has to make a deal with him.
>>
>>86773928
Fuck, where's the torrent version of this? I'll never get this with direct download on account of my spotty third world internet.

;_;
>>
>>86773947
already answered
>>86762282
Warner is shit
>>
File: 1475360235972.gif (131KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
1475360235972.gif
131KB, 650x920px
>>86762473
aww yissss

thank you anon
>>
>>86773973
Use JDownloader
>>
>>86758942
>I didn't like that the woodsman got his daughter back. Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for a happy ending, but I felt like everything went a bit too right.

I had that feeling too until i set my headcannon into believing that some guy was tricked into abandon his daughter for god knows how much time when in fact, she just wandered in the forest for less than a few days. All this while the woodsman was manipulated to chop the wood embodiment of thousands of missing childrens across the country.
>>
>>86774079
Yeah, a part of me thinks it would have been interesting if they had just gone fully depressive on the ending, and had the last shot be of Wirt acting as the new lantern bearer.

But it'd probably be too abruptly dark of a note to end on.
>>
Does anybody else get a real "The Black Rider" vibe from the series' music as a whole?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKxx09xUHVo

Tom Waits is the one thing this series was missing.
>>
>>86772146
The embodiment of Sin
>>
>>86762473
I just got the commentary from this. Anyone have the real thing?
>>
>>86774374
There's multiple audio tracks, including a music-only track. Use a decent media player like VLC or Media Player Classic or MPV that lets you pick
>>
>>86774311
Highway Man almost sounds like a homage to him.
>>
>>86774402
I was using MPC but it got fucked up somehow. It's working now though.
>>
>>86772146
They eat the trees.
>>
>>86774637
Do they? I just guessed they were part of the forest's corruption.
>>
>>86774790
Pretty sure, but I don't know where I got that from.
>>
>>86774311
Honestly from the instrument arrangements, my thoughts immediately went to the soundtrack for Left 4 Dead 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbTHMsMNKNs&index=26&list=PL70FB05BA4C30F8A8

Never heard Tom Waits before, but listening to this album, November is totally like "You Have Beautiful Eyes"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hYf0Pfi7wE&list=PLN4iuKdspbOy2rNXJPFoVAdEDYeih_HIk&index=3
>>
File: Tom_waits.jpg (366KB, 2380x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Tom_waits.jpg
366KB, 2380x1552px
>>86774881
Tom Waits has some brilliant stuff. He's tried a lot of different sounds over the years.
>>
>>86759248
"The loveliest lies of all."
>>
>>86774998
>mfw I've only ever listened to the right half of the chart
I swear to god my father owns every one of those albums. Good shit.
>>
C-Can't you guys upload all of it into youtube?
>>
I keep seeing this cartoon on /wsg/ and I'm surprised to see it has only 10 episodes. Though with that level of quality I guess it's to be expected. Nothing good lasts very long anymore.
>>
>>86776693
It was deliberately designed to be a short series and wraps up all its plotlines in the end.

It's not like a show that only has a few episodes because knucklehead execs canceled it too soon.
>>
>>86776693
Just watch it, it's fucking great.
>>
>>86776777
I'm up to episode 3 now, it's pretty good so far.
>>
Posting best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unhOBCw3ipE
>>
I love the show.
It's sweet, charming and full of ambiance.
I wish they would continue it, but with other characters in the Unknown, like an anthology series.
>>
>>86778114
I want them to never touch this series ever again. It's perfect as is, anything more would only lessen the series.
>>
>>86778262
This. I don't know why folks are against the idea of something self contained with no sequels or reboots. It had a story set for 10 episodes and it told that story. Not every cartoon needs to be marketed and stretched thin.
>>
>>86759248
It's shown in one of the comics that she never got lost, but when the woodsman did and he met the beast, who tricked him.
>>
>>86778072
Nice try buddy, but the winner's right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9vHqkYTKIE
>>
>>86758942
Max comfy, I can put this on any time I'm having a bad day, it usually cheers me up.
What's your favorite episode? I really like hard times at the huskin' bee
>>
>>86761691
was a girl being kept at adelaides? I don't think she was, otherwise she'd have the girl as a servant, her whole motivation was wanting a servant.
>>
File: Alice'sWonderland.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Alice'sWonderland.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>86762124
Greg's dream is based on some cartoon... let me google it... Alice's Wonderland.

Here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%27s_Wonderland
>>
I've only seen the last episode (thought it was the first ep at the time) and the thing I remember thinking was that the talking bird and the older brother seemed like negative stuckups.
>>
>>86779483
You don't know the shit they've been through
You basically watched the last 10 minutes of a movie
You fucked it up for yourself
>>
>>86760332
>>86760459

If anyone's interested in a bit more info: https://www.britannica.com/art/shape-note-singing
>>
File: 1450151682239-2.jpg (140KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1450151682239-2.jpg
140KB, 800x1035px
>>86779513
Eh don't care.
Too old for this shit anyway.
>>
File: even.jpg (17KB, 338x336px) Image search: [Google]
even.jpg
17KB, 338x336px
>>86779568
>skeptical is mad
>stupid is sad
>pensive is peaceful
Holy shit whoever made this half-assed thing needs to die
>>
File: 1468984954743.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468984954743.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>86776929
Keep us updated!!

Perhaps a "thoughts and feelings" post after each episode?

You're in for a treat.
>>
>>86779568
W-who hurt you?
>>
The best thing about this show is that he wasn't tainted by pop-culture references and so on so it wasn't murdered by cancerigenous fanbases
>>
>>86765422
The person on the left looks like an Arthur character
>>
>>86762581
>using CBR on any semi-modern codec
>not using -v0
y tho
You should be using libfdk_aac anyway, much better compression/quality ratios while still having that 'play everywhere' advantage that MP3 has.
if you're playing on Android or a PC, though, just use opus
>>
>>86771678
They're the Beast's "shadows." The entire series is a retelling of Dante's Inferno. In that story, Satan is stuck in a snowy, frozen wasteland on the lowest tier of hell, but he can project ephemeral shadows to observe and manipulate things for the worse for our heroes (see the dog-monster, the schoolyard animals getting rid of them, and Auntie Whispers eating them to get rid of them).
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 400x400px
>>86758942
The O looks like the Image logo.
>>
I'M THE HIGHWAYMAN
>>
>>86781138
I MAKE ENDS MEET
>>
File: High Tayne Man.webm (950KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
High Tayne Man.webm
950KB, 1280x720px
>>86781138
>>
>>86775312
Something about dads where they appreciate dadrock (obviously) and its influence in music up through the 80s.

But I think my dad might just be a /mu/tant. Wilco, Tom Waits, Of Montreal, the list goes on.

>filename
>>
File: Highwayman.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Highwayman.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>86781138
God this series satisfied my boner for old school 30's animation with all the tributes and references. Never expected a Cab Calloway reference in a modern cartoon.
>>
>>86779686
Fucking Christopher Cobb.
>>
>>86773715
I understand why they put it in given you need context as to why the heck Greg was convinced to follow The Beast
>>
>>86767926
Ain't that just the way.
>>
So I know we mentioned it earlier, but what was with the black turtles?
Auntie Whispers ate them, but when the dog ate them it got contaminated. We see them a couple times through the series, but they're not really mentioned as an important thing again
>>
>>86783646
Theyre extentions of the Beast, his way to watch whats going on everywhere. The dog was possessed because its weak willed animal, Autie Whispers probably wasnt taken over because she was strong willed and not easily taken over (she could handle demon possessed Lorna all that time afterall).
>>
>>86783646
Here:
>>86781024
OtGW is an adaptation/retelling of Dante's Inferno, and it's an important aspect to the story.
>>
>>86780931
I don't think ffmpeg defaults to cbr
>>
>>86783846
>-b:a 320k
that explicitly sets it to CBR, you want to use -q:a 0 for maximum quality encoding. The -q:a 0 output will be smaller than the -b:a 320k AND it'll be higher quality.
Highest quality audio that'll play on mobile devices, however, is libfdk_aac, like so:
ffmpeg -i input.flac -c:a libfdk_aac -vbr 5 out.m4a
That file will play on Android, iPhone, and most MP3 players made in the last 8 years.
>>
>>86770638
The miniseries also come with free frogurts
>>
>>86762473
How do I burn these to a blu-ray?
>>
>>86783750
>>86783763
That makes a whole lot of sense...i can't wait for the watch-along this year.
>>
>>86784317
You have to remux them back into a format readable by bluray drives... but why bother? Pretty much every bluray player has USB drive input nowadays, stick 'em on a USB drive and go to town.
>>
>>86784408
Because I'm a graphic designer and as a pet project want to do my own custom cover design for it, so I may as well burn a blu-ray to stick in there.
>>
>>86784436
The mkv rip is just a remux, it hasn't reencoded the content at all, just put it in a different container. Please note you really, really don't want to reencode it, because that'll lead to generation loss.

Also, lern2google: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1682157/burn-mp4-mkv-files-blu-ray.html
>>
>>86783646
Auntie whispers is the kinda lady the world has a hard time killing
>>
>>86784436
I have the disc and probably will upload the full disc image (to MySpleen) once it goes out of print, but at the moment it's too big of an undertaking for me to bother. If you have a Blu-ray burner and have some cash you might as well just order an Australian retail copy and use DVDFab to remove the region coding and burn an otherwise identical copy that'll play in any player, it's a cool collectors item that's worth the $30 or whatever.
>>
>>86759358

What did you feel needed to be added to it?

>>86764075
>>86764230
>>86764447
>>86764485

>throws rocks at innocent animals

Beatrice a shit and worst girl

>>86770694

Wouldn't a miniseries be cheaper to fund than a single season of a show? I thought it'd be cool if they could make a bunch of miniseries, and then the best ones could get their own series. Sort of like What-A-Cartoon, except with multiple pilot episodes.

>>86783646

Even though Auntie Whispers turned out to be nice, I figured she was some sort of witch and would be unphased by eating unnatural things like the turtles.
>>
>>86784591
>full disk image
please do, anon, make a thread when you get around to it.
>>
>>86781582
>Never expected a Cab Calloway reference in a modern cartoon.

Wasn't the dreamland meant to be an Old Man of the mountain homage? or was it period's cartoon in general
>>
>>86785040
>>86779443
>>
>>86785040
I'm talking about the Highwayman's song and dance. Old Fleischer cartoons often had a short song and dance number performed by jazz singer Cab Calloway, using rotoscope animation. The sudden animation change is very apparent, and OtGW did it pretty much exactly the same way with the Highwayman.
This is probably the most famous of these segments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBk3jwNSteo
>>
File: aint_that_just_the_way.png (115KB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
aint_that_just_the_way.png
115KB, 500x216px
I need some OTGW reaction images.
>>
>>86786153
In the name of shitposting I second this statement
>>
>>86762308
he lurks on /co/
>>
>>86759362
I figured my mom would love it but she was actually quite appalled, she hated the story and character designs, and had a very prominent look of contempt and disgust until she gave up after episode 5. I was pretty stunned, actually.
>>
File: shiggidy.webm (306KB, 1180x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shiggidy.webm
306KB, 1180x1080px
>>86786781
>>
File: IMG_5366.jpg (57KB, 651x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5366.jpg
57KB, 651x640px
>>86764673
I agree, but Queen of the Clouds is better.
>>
>>86771862
It actually IS getting a full length comedy series.
>>
File: LongLiveTheRoyals.jpg (76KB, 1393x260px) Image search: [Google]
LongLiveTheRoyals.jpg
76KB, 1393x260px
>>86787791

Ew, I hope the actual show is better than the crap we got before.
>>
>>86773520
Yeah. It's pretty rare for a cartoon to pull off something genuinely disturbing like that. Gravity Falls got close ("Into the Bunker"), but Rick and Morty is the only other one in recent memory that I can remember (Cronenbergs from "Rick Potion #9").
>>
File: JASON FUNDERBERKER.gif (987KB, 365x205px) Image search: [Google]
JASON FUNDERBERKER.gif
987KB, 365x205px
>>86786153
here you go senpai
>>
File: IMG_5371.jpg (45KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5371.jpg
45KB, 534x640px
>>86764938
You had ONE JOB
>>
bumpin for comfy fall feels
>>
>>86787853
Good taste, man. I really loved that episode. I showed the whole thing to my family, and some family friends, and they were all terrified by that scene in particular. It's a great episode, too, really shows off the brothers now separated from Beatrice.
>>
File: Jason_Funderberker.png (110KB, 430x336px) Image search: [Google]
Jason_Funderberker.png
110KB, 430x336px
>>86786153
delivering
>>86787834
Actually Misha, if you weren't such a tremendous faggot you would have watched the LLtR miniseries and seen that it was a great improvement from the pilot
>>
Have you been reading the comic?
>>
>>86788830
To be fair this takes place in Greg's mind, I'm surprised he spelled reception correctly.
>>
>>86791391
T-there's an ongoing comic? Oh my gosh.
>>
>>86791316
>>86787853
>other one in recent memory that I can remember
Shoot. Sorry for bein' redundant.
>>
File: Frog Wink.png (467KB, 669x841px) Image search: [Google]
Frog Wink.png
467KB, 669x841px
Post YFW you realized the Potatoes & Molasses song played when Wirt comes to save Greg is sung in Latin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv4GfF0fBps
>>
File: based lynx.png (2MB, 1200x961px) Image search: [Google]
based lynx.png
2MB, 1200x961px
>>86787740
How is this all she's gotten? It's been nearly TWO YEARS.
>>
File: RS - Eggscellent (Ep #57).png (482KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RS - Eggscellent (Ep #57).png
482KB, 1280x720px
>>86792434
Think of it this way, anon. 'Tis better to have one amazing piece of fanart rather than none at all.
>>
File: Queen_Butterfly.png (660KB, 488x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Queen_Butterfly.png
660KB, 488x1365px
>>86792434
....that's actually Star's mom though
>>
File: Thanks, Carol Wyatt.jpg (147KB, 1024x605px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks, Carol Wyatt.jpg
147KB, 1024x605px
>>86793150
Check again, bub.
>>
>>86793405
I didn't really notice her all that much in the show and the previous pic of her had blue hair, you can understand my confusion.
The lewd does look like that model sheet though
>>
>>86793463
No worries, anon. It's all good.

... well, not really. 'Cause Queen of the Clouds and Queen Butterfly are both still brutally underrated.
>>
File: 1442001790211.jpg (74KB, 720x660px) Image search: [Google]
1442001790211.jpg
74KB, 720x660px
>>86792430
Oh...
>>
File: wait what.gif (427KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
wait what.gif
427KB, 200x198px
>>86792430
>>
File: 094.jpg (23KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
094.jpg
23KB, 500x282px
>>86792430
>Grow, tiny seed.
>You are gone to the trees.
>>
>>86781024
I don't actually recall any projected shadows at any point in the Inferno. Are you sure you aren't confusing the epic poem with the video game?
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.