/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fox-men Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

File: logan.jpg (69KB, 620x682px) Image search: [Google]
logan.jpg
69KB, 620x682px
Wolverine 3's title is "Logan".

Hopes? Worries after Apocalypse turned out bad? Will this actually be Huge's last time as Sniktbub?

Where will the Fox-menverse go moving forward?
>>
File: logan2.jpg (203KB, 810x1200px) Image search: [Google]
logan2.jpg
203KB, 810x1200px
>>
>>86757257

God, those claws look fuckin stupid when done in the real world.
>>
Are they riffing off Old Man Logan?

Might be cool but Origins was shit and Wolverine was mediocre, plus Apocalypse was shit. I hope its good.
>>
Apocalypse was good though.
>>
>>86757288
well it's for the practical SFX, Hugh holds the claws during the filming, you can't glue them to the top of the hand to be more comic accurate

>>86757382
It's an adaption of OML with bunch of Donut Steels and kid X-23
>>
>>86757288
That's a considerably more realistic render than they ever get in the films.

>>86757250
>Hopes?
None.

>Worries after Apocalypse turned out bad?

Different director. You should be worried that The Wolverine turned out bad as well. It was bad, anon.

>Will this actually be Huge's last time as Sniktbub?

Yes. Short of announcing something at NYCC, his contract is up and he's out.

>Where will the Fox-menverse go moving forward?

Without JLaw or HJac? Reboot. This movie would have to do spectacular business to keep the franchise going. As much as they keep threatening Gambit, it ain't happening; all FOX has definitively planned out is a tv show for 2017 (probably fall). If that doesn't take they'll either reboot the movies or dump/shelve the rights.

If it takes off? Who knows. That child's hand is awful small to be Laura in any X-23 sense, though. Nobody's going to buy her being introduced as a child in this and suddenly being a teenage assassin in a putative next movie.

>>86757382
You can't call a movie "Old Man" and aim it at young audiences. They won't read the third word.
>>
File: 1474340239496.gif (605KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474340239496.gif
605KB, 400x400px
>>86757542
Goddamn, as much as I love these movies from an entertainment standpoint, I hope they don't do too well so Mahvell gets the x-boys back.
>>
I love the name. I wish Marvel would name their films by the comic arc instead of as a subtitle.
>>
>>86757250

Yes, unless this movie makes massive cash, over a billion, which it won't.

Jackman said the training he has to do, particularly the stuff he has to eat, really takes a toll at his age. He listed his diet that he has to go on months before filming, to bulk up his frame fast, and he is worried the heavy calories and cholesterol he has to take in is really dangerous for his body.
>>
>>86757250
It's the same director so it'll be just as much wasted potential as the last Wolverine movie.
>>
>>86757765
He'll probably still do cameos so long as he doesn't go tank top or if he's wearing a jacket.
>>
>>86757656
Nah, I'd rather they get the Fantastic 4 back. X-Men's probably gonna rot under them if they keep pushing Inhumans.
>>
File: hand.jpg (22KB, 960x492px) Image search: [Google]
hand.jpg
22KB, 960x492px
>>86757382
Probably some elements but not all of it.
>>
>>86757250
Why is Reed Richards holding Wolverine's hand?
>>
>>86757765
>He listed his diet that he has to go on months before filming, to bulk up his frame fast, and he is worried the heavy calories and cholesterol he has to take in is really dangerous for his body.

I'm pretty sure if he didn't revert to dadbody diet as soon as filming finished there wouldn't be any problems.
>>
>>86757973
Rebooting F4, this time instead of young adults they'll do kids.

And if that doesn't work, teenagers!
>>
>>86757481
>It's an adaption of OML with bunch of Donut Steels and kid X-23
By "adaption" you mean almost nothing from OML except that he's old. Wolve is protecting Prof X hidden away in Mexico while being a Limo driver to pay for his meds. Mr Sinister's company is hunting down mutants for experiments and looses one clones from Wolve: X-23. Now Wolve must protect X and X-23 while fighting one last time against Sinister and his generic paramilitary henchmen, breaking his vow to never pop the claws again because quasi generic hint he may have killed the X-Men in the past. The script is beyond shit.
>>
>>86757542
>Without JLaw

I thought she hinted she will continue working that role for more monies
>>
>>86757752

They didnt mention 'Old Man' though
>>
>>86757250
What the hell happened to numbered sequels? I can't keep track of what movie I'm supposed to watch when any more. It's so fucking annoying.
>>
>>86758677

how hard is it to look up the release order in wikipedia
>>
>>86758562
Well, yeah, she acts for money. The draw for them is that she's easily the biggest name these movies ever had.

The problem for them is that her quote - the amount she's prepared to sign up for - is almost certainly much higher than they're prepared to pay. When they signed her, she was unknown, so they could afford her.

Very few people ever say "and I'd never work for them again" even if they really set their quote so high that they know they'll never be asked back. That way they're not hurting the movie (and upsetting the people they'll almost certainly work with again on different productions and at other studios in future) and they're not definitively saying they won't come back, so there's no loss of face if they find that they need to or just change their minds at some point.

>>86757942
>>86757656
FF seems to have at most a 10-year grace period (possibly as low as 7 years) after a movie before they either have to be in active production or release a new one to retain the rights. Daredevil was the same way.

With X-Men, the way they've been pushing them out over the last 16 years, it might be as low as 5 years or less. Not a lot of time for them to decide a tv show isn't working and reboot the movies.
>>
>>86758694
It's not hard, it's just annoying and unnecessary. What's the point?
>>
>>86757656
The only reason I wouldn't want X-Men to go back to Marvel is because they'd be incorporated into the MCU, and the X-Men work much better when they're a separate continuity of their own without the other heroes.

Either way, whichever studio has the rights, I think the series really needs to take a break before rebooting. It's become too bloated and even its attempt to reset its continuity with timeline meddling hasn't done much to change the course. They need to just give the series a break and start fresh after 5-6 years or more.
>>
>>86758698
>FF seems to have at most a 10-year grace period (possibly as low as 7 years) after a movie before they either have to be in active production or release a new one to retain the rights

It was either 7 or 7 and a half years from the release of last FF movie in US that it has to be under active production i.e cameras have to start filming the movie for the rights to not expire from Fox

You can confirm this by checking FF2 US release date and FF reboot production date (from IMDB?) where the came pretty close to losing the rights like by the day/week
>>
>>86758658
I'm Guillermo Del Totally ok with that. I like the simplicity. And it's not going to be a direct adaptation so he probably won't even be that old looking.
>>
>>86758783
>What's the point?

To make it look like a standalone movie to sucker in gullible new audience who didnt watch the previous movies
>>
>>86758814

It would be incorrect to say the movie is named after the arc
>>
>>86757250
>Apocalypse turned out bad

Stop memeing.
>>
>>86759907
This. It was an 8/10. BvS Director's Cut was a 9/10 and whatever Marvel released I can't remember was a 2/10.
>>
>>86758658
Why would they? They have no right for any characters in Old Man Logan, except for Logan himself. No inbred redneck cannibal Hulks, no blind Hawkeye in a spidercar, no Vanom T-Rexes. No nothing really.
>>
>>86759954
There was a director's cut for that shlock?
>>
>>86758810
But that seems to be for sequels as opposed to reboots. You would want a contract that gives you a decade to wait and reboot in if you fuck up, because that gives you a chance to make good on your losses; but not every movie in the series should add 10 years to the contract. FF is still out on the same contract the Corman movie was made under - that one was made to reset the expiry date and make them a saleable asset rather than let them revert to Marvel, after which they were sold to FOX.

The problem with sequels - and again this is something that the original rightsholder would want in the contract - is that if you keep making them beyond the date at which your original movie reset the rights to - 10 years later, for example - but they're still very much sequels rather than reboots, and if they only add a couple of years at a time (so that you can't cling to the rights forever) then if you stop making those sequels for whatever reason, then you're very quickly going to lose the rights. That may be the case for X-Men - it's certainly run on much longer than most franchises ever do, and there's been at most 3 years between releases - though notably, since 2009 that gap has shortened to 2 years. Some of that increase in rate is undoubtedly due to the notion that superhero movies sell much better now than they did in 2000, but it's quite likely there's now a very short time limit on new movies/tv shows if FOX want to retain the rights to X-Men. With FF, conversely, because they couldn't make it work, they've got until 2025 to think about their next move. But again, that's a different contract (and signed much earlier than the X-Men deal), so there's possibly only superficial similarities in their terms.
>>
>>86757542
>That child's hand is awful small to be Laura in any X-23 sense

Maybe this is not 616 Laura. OML did say he raised Laura from childhood.
>>
>>86760860
Yeah, that's a real possibility, but the chances that they're setting up to replace Jackman with X-23 are remote. She's just too young.

Given his leaving the franchise it seems like the plot for the movie is something between Taken and Billy and the Cloneasaurus.
>>
>>86760948
Wish they'd adapted Daken instead. They can do a lot of shit with him. Laura's gonna end up triggering a lot of normies...and she's too young to handle a movie as a legacy to hughverine.
>>
>>86757542
>Mangold still directing
Literally why? Girl Interrupted and Walk the Line can't have possibly gained him enough good faith to ignore all the Identity and Kate & Leopold in his resume.
>>
>>86760860
Huh, that's actually a possibility.
>>
>>86759907
But it was bad. It was a mess.
>>
File: 1358064256119.jpg (6KB, 206x160px) Image search: [Google]
1358064256119.jpg
6KB, 206x160px
>>86757250

it wasn't
>>
File: 1334095960477.png (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1334095960477.png
75KB, 300x300px
>>86758814
>I'm Guillermo Del Totally ok with that.
>>
>>86757250

Is it gonna be R?
>>
>>86761944
Yes.
>>
>>86762023
They're going to show one entire random mook getting stabbed in the stomach, like in the R cut of The Wolverine.
>>
File: 2180410-old_wolverine_claws.jpg (55KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
2180410-old_wolverine_claws.jpg
55KB, 600x480px
>>86757288
I think that the problem is that in the movies, his claws comes out between his fingers instead of the back of his hand
>>
File: baby hand.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
baby hand.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>86757963
>>
>>86761108
Finishing up his FOX contract? Someone got all squee at the thought of working with Cop Land director?

>>86761944
Oh, wow. Let's hope they're not expecting Deadpool levels of gross here.
>>
>>86761618

>I never read an X-Men comic in my life: The post

Apocalypse was the most fun, most fan servicable comic book movie of the past year.
>>
>>86757250
>after Apocalypse turned out bad?
wut
>>
>>86760541
The big factor is the team that makes the X films care about the series to some extent
FF is suffering hell because after writers and directors got to witness what playing chicken with Daredevil got Fox they know they have the high ground of negotiating so Fox drags it's feet with FF because they don't want to lose it but they know any director they get to take a look at the script will be able to make what they want over what Fox wants because fox has to get that film out to prolong the rights.
The X franchises has been successful and attracts creators and talents that like the series made. That's what causes such a strange difference in film releases and sequels
There are teams that would love to play around with the 2000 X-men films.
No one gives a shit about the FF
>>
>>86762715
fan serviceable does not equal good
>>
>>86757250
Hugh is one of the only good things about X films honestly
>>
>>86759907
>>86759954
Apocalypse was trash
What are you smoking?
>>
>>86763047
I still don't believe they were ever serious about rebooting Daredevil or FF, but just wanted to try and sell them before they clocked out. Daredevil ran out, senior figures started wondering why they were hearing they were making an FF movie without any real steps toward actually making it, and it got made on a misunderstanding. Different levels of management pulling in different directions, giving different levels of support (or none, as the case may have been).

With X-Men it seems more like they're chugging along at a reasonable pace but nobody really has a plan for where they're going beyond the next movie, ever.
>>
>>86757542
>You should be worried that The Wolverine turned out bad as well. It was bad, anon.
It's not all bad. It's a bit thin and the last act is a mess, though. I thought it was wasted potential more than outright bad.
>>
>>86761108
>>Mangold still directing. Literally why?

Mangold's Wolverine movie was, at the time it came out, the second (or maybe third) most successful X-Men movie that had been made, and was also good.

Why exactly would he not be directing it's sequel?
>>
>>86765347
Oh well thank god it was just a bit thin with a wasted third, not actually bad.
>>
File: CuAXH7wVUAEAY5X.jpg-large.jpg (568KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
CuAXH7wVUAEAY5X.jpg-large.jpg
568KB, 2048x1365px
>>
After seeing reviews about Apocalypse, I was kind of annoyed by how much I enjoyed it. That Quicksilver scene was great but they should of introduced the team more and the school. Hyped for Logan though.
>>
>>86765635
Nice is that for the trailer or the actual movie?
>>
>>86757250
>Hopes?
Hugh Jackman.
Fox.
I don't know.

It's going to be a weird crossover between Wolverine - The End, Wolverine - Old Man Logan, with Laura among the cast.
>>
I dont care, where are muh new mutants
>>
fucking Fox, what an embarrasment.

15 years of these shit films and almost every single one has been about Wolverine.

Fair enough if they were doing exceptionally at the box office, but their fucking ensemble films can't even out perform single Captain America or Thor

FUCK FOX
>>
>>86765635
Shit, Mangold, get it together.
>>
>>86766498
You mean Illyana, Samuel, etc? Keep dreaming.
>>
>>86766498
Not happening?

Didn't get announced at SDCC usually means not happening. There's always next year!
>>
>>86766498
>You will never get to see surge in live-action.
>>
>>86766601
They announced the film's director less than two months ago, it's happening.
>>
>>86765540
I'm saying that The Wolverine's problems are manageable and easily avoided in the next film with hindsight. It was wasted potential, not a disaster. Logan could be pretty decent.
>>
File: logan.jpg (705KB, 1758x1200px) Image search: [Google]
logan.jpg
705KB, 1758x1200px
???
>>
File: 1474522491944 (1).gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
1474522491944 (1).gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>86758814
>I'm Guillermo Del Totally ok with that
>>
File: 1474311543365.jpg (55KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474311543365.jpg
55KB, 401x400px
So, hold on. How exactly can they make an Old Man Logan movie without Red Skull? Or Hulk? Or Hawkeye? Are they just going to reskin characters and call it a day?

This whole thing is throwing up serious red Danger Ranger flags. I dont think I'm going to get too close.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.