[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I actually liked this. Call me a shill but it seemed fun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 14

I actually liked this. Call me a shill but it seemed fun.
>>
>>86757021
Why does waif make Kamala such a self righteous bitch?
>>
>>86757021
>standing beside a drowned, underage, child trafficking victim
>better make a hashtag about these super cunts being WOKE
>>
>>86757229
How is she wrong? She's being a teenaged girl upset that all her role models are fighting

She's literally being what people want instead of Civil War 2 electric who the fuck cares just end it boogaloo
>>
It seemed fun but it wasn't.
>>
>>86757278
You get the first one but you do know the second one would still happen?
>>
>>86757361
doesn't change the fact that none of the supposed heroes even threw a sheet over the poor girl
>>
>>86757342
Agree to disagree. We all can't like the same things
>>
>>86757296
I mean about how she hopped on everybody about fixing shit there's no why they would know how to do.
>"Now lets fix this mine shaft"
Bitch are you out of your goddamn mind?
>>
>>86757021
Yeah, that human trafficking thing was a riot.
>>
>>86757393
We could if you'd leave.
>>
>>86757388
Yeah because the writers wrote them doing that so their new heroes could seem self righteous.

>>86757296
Kamala's always been self righteous in her own book and it sucks that she's learned no humility from destroying her life in it.
>>
>>86757021

SHUT UP ABOUT CHAMPIONS AND POST GREAT LAKES AVENGERS ALREADY
>>
>>86757430
>so the new heroes could be seen as self-righteous
That clearly wasn't Waid's intention.
>>
>>86757021
The quality is consistent with ANAD Avengers. I'll give it two more issues before very likely dropping it.
>>
>>86757021
I'm giving it another issue or two.
>>
Serious question, why does Waid feel the need to make characters he writes his mouthpieces? Kamala unnecessarily preaching for 3 fucking pages was so forced and out of place. There's literally no subtlety or intelligence in that shit.
I get that you're relevant because of Kingdom Come but just fucking stop already you hack.
>>
>>86757021
Sucking dick seems fun too, what is your point ?
>>
>>86758157
Because Waid is not an intelligent writer, he's the fanboy that only ever read comics that broke into the industry. And subtle is not a word he's ever learned.
>>
>hey an underage girl just died
>we better all get on twitter and see if we're trending
>HOLY SHIT WE'RE TRENDING
>>
>>86757388
This. I mean for fuck's sake I saw better heroes in a westaboo manga last week.
>>
>>86758257
it is but you have to be into it.
>>
File: 1475680398346.png (403KB, 680x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475680398346.png
403KB, 680x800px
>>86757021
I think it's too early to call it "fun", but I do think it might be entertaining. As long as there aren't any arbitrary events to fuck with the pacing.
>>
>>86758389
It would have been better if they kept their cellphones in their pockets and you saw them ringing while they were helping the traumatized victims.
>>
>>86757021
ha ha, you fucking shill
>>
My main problem is how the team is prophesed to be different from the usual heroes but when you get down to it, what did they actually do different?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>86758495
> dat viv

My body is ready
>>
>Kamala literally turns to the camera to lecture the audience
>the heroes all check Twitter while a corpse lays rotting behind them
>Viv is now a gamer girl for no reason other than Waid to do some inspid GamerGate analogy later in the run
>>
>>86757296
Miles and Sam were the ones upset about the hero vs hero shit, Kamala left because "muh railroad".
>>
>>86758389
>hey an underage girl just died
>we better all get on twitter and see if we're trending
>HOLY SHIT WE'RE TRENDING

making it even stupider: twitter is in serious financial trouble and is hoping someone buys them.
>>
>>86758728
>Kamala literally turns to the camera to lecture the audience
I'll bet you all of my money, literally all three dollars of it, that this will happen a lot and get worse and worse.
>>
>>86758728
I'm surprised literally no one has proposed that Viv's gaming because of her what happened. I don't know whether that lines up, but I don't think anyone brought it up.
>>86758389
>>86758821
I'm just curious how they knew to check and, more importantly, knew what to check.
>>
>>86758854
>two different versions of kamala will be around
I guess they can explain it as alternate universe versions afterwards.
>>
>>86758769
Which is fucking retarded since they both picked sides and helped Tony raid the triskelion
>>
>>86758854
What are you spending so much money on?
>>
>>86757229
Waif?
>>
>>86758949
whores and beer
>>
>>86757229
waid
>>
I'm not looking forward to the weapons grade bullshit they're going to foist on kidclops. You just know he's going to be the designated white guy and always be wrong about everything.

>Comes from a race that's being hunted to extinction by everyone for years

Sam: "You don't know how hard it is to be a whiter than fuck latino. My pain!"
>>
>>86759244
Your exaggerating
>>
>>86759275
>Your exaggerating

Remember my post.
>>
>>86757021
Don't worry reddit likes it too:^)
>>
>>86759275
Your a fool
>>
>>86759315
Well maybe reddit is right
>>
>>86759318
Your a whore
>>
>>86758389
I assumed that that panel was meant to take place later on.
Like, after they'd sorted the situation with the dead girl.
>>
>>86758495
unf
>>
>>86758728

>Viv is now a gamer girl for no reason other than Waid to do some inspid GamerGate analogy later in the run

Jesus, I didn't even think of that.
>>
>>86759244
Tips fedora
>>
>>86759343
Hey, least he makes money out of it. It never pays to be a fool.
>>
>>86758728
>>Viv is now a gamer girl for no reason other than Waid to do some inspid GamerGate analogy later in the run

aw fuck that's exactly what it is.
>>
>>86758769
Kamala was upset before that

Did you even read her book?
>>
>>86760027
>Tips fedora

You know it's true. Marvel has not been subtle and this book is less subtle than they normally are. I'm a huge SJW and they're going to ham hand the fuck out of this and you know it.

Evey other issue they're going to explain to "doesn't know about real racism" Cyclops about white privilege, that he's sexist if he even thinks about giving orders when Kamala is there to do it for them and a bunch of that shit.

If you don't see it coming, you're going to be unpleasantly surprised. If they can get through issue 12 without anyone accusing him of manslaining when he tries to talk about tactics or something he knows about I'll buy a subscription myself.

He's not there to be a part of the book, I guarantee it. He's there to get beaten up on.
>>
How much Sam/Viv shipping was there?
>>
>>86758728
I don't agree.
Kamala is formulating their mission statement, as is good custom when you have an ambitious team.
The twitter thing is happening after we see the ambulances, cops and so on are there. So any amount of time could be passing as the background just turns white. You are getting hung up on the logistics here.
And the gamer girl thing gives Viv common ground with Kamala and Amadeus, binds her somewhat into the group. I am not convinced Waid knows what GamerGate even was.

>>86760103
Ayup. Best friend runs out after almost getting killed, ties to Carol severed, Tony dead... She's basically orphaned.
>>
>>86760152
None. They just met.
>>
>>86760182
>not love at first sight

wow, glad I didn't waste my time pirating it then
>>
>>86760154
>I am not convinced Waid knows what GamerGate even was.

You don't have to lie.
>>
>>86760154

Waid has spouted off ignorant less than quarter informed bullshit about GG on Twitter.
>>
>>86758922
Bendis
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3784x2984px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3784x2984px
>>86757411
>you know what our light-hearted book for young people needs? A creepy rapist clown and sex trafficking!
Brilliant, Waid! Brilliant! Marvel should kick Wilson off Ms Marvel and put Waid on the book! That book NEEDS more sex trafficking and less gay Canada ninjas. :/
>>
>>86760130
>I'm a huge SJW
If you disagree with white privilege and "sexism" you're probably not an SJW. A classical liberal who believes in the legal equality of all people isn't the same as a mob of racist sexists who pretend to be champions of equality.
>>
>>86758728
>>86758728
>GO HOME ROBOGIRL
>>
>>86760152
None. If anything, he's setting up Chulk and Viv.
Why do people think this pairing would exist?
>>
>>86761119
Because it is a match made in heaven.
>>
>Kamala gets upset about them not being able to fix a train track
>That's what gets her to leave the Avengers, even though Falcon carefully explains to her that no one knows how to fix it

Well this is off to a great start.
>>
>>86761220
They never met before this.
>>
>>86757021
DC trolls aside, it was a pretty good startup
>>
>>86761273
>lets have the champs say they are going to help rebuild the mine but not show it even though that was the point of the book
>let's focus on the edgy sex trafficking but not show any of the heroes comforting the kidnapped underage girls (edpecially after one died) and focus more on Kamala giving a shirt speech and them checking twitter

Goddamn, Waid. How did you manage to fuck up this badly?

You have Kamala state at the beginning of the book that they need to do more then just punching badguys and saving people from danger. And then you focus on them saving minors and punching a cuckclown instead of them helping the people?

Goddamn this books is a fucking mess.
>>
>>86761656
>anyone who hates this book is a troll
It was a shitty book and a shitty start to a team book. Waid had a golden team idea and turned it into shit.
>>
>>86761656
It was a mess of contradictions. I mean they're supposed to be different but they only focus on them being the same as any other hero team.
>>
>>86757021
>seemed fun
I really enjoyed the sex trafficking plotline that was a lot of fun.
>>
>>86761705
It had over 530 replies but only 180 posters. Easy to tell when the DC shills arrive
>>
>>86758821
Yeah, and you know who is considering buying twitter?

Disney.
>>
>>86762014
Yeah, because only a shill would hate Waid for channeling his inner Bendis and repeating the same art for 4 panels.
Or making Kamala un-cute. Or making Viv like Battleborn over Overwatch (or video games in general).

*slaps your face*

Dummy.
>>
>>86761759
Yeah, but the most fun part was the underage girl dying. But hey, they got some awesome replies trending on twitter, so yay Happy Ending?.....
>>
>>86762522
>*slaps your face*

*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes Katana*
Tch, nothing personel kid

Holy fuck, I want /co/mblur to leave
>>
>>86762599
The worst part is it would have been a passable post if they just left that out. Fucking cringe.
>>
Just finished reading it. Overall not a bad start, but with some problems.

>The art varies in quality too much from page-to-page
>Pacing is a bit too fast with little context. While I'm not much a fan of decompressed comics, this is an example where slowing down and explaining things more would have been an asset. I haven't been keeping up with CW2, so i have no idea what Kamala and Miles are talking about when they meet up. Some more time should have been spent catching new readers up on the status quo and why this "new kind of heroism" is so important to them.
>Viv had very little reason to join the team given what we've seen so far. Im guessing she is dealing with the stuff going on in CW2 and Vision, but this book doesn't give any context for that. Her joining the team should have been saved for the second issue. Maybe she joins after she is inspired by what the Champions are doing?

Other than that, a decent start to a series. As for the whole "they're texting while a dead girl is behind them" thing, they are reading texts others sent and it's clearly taking place after the fact. /co/ freaking out over nothing again, I guess.
>>
>>86761278
Personality wise they would match, her shrinking violet personality would bring out the best in him
>>
>>86762599
The *action* thing is pretty cringy, but you're defending Champions. That's /co/mblr right there.
>>
>>86762388
Seriously? Link to this?
>>
>>86762910
>they are reading texts others sent and it's clearly taking place after the fact
>clearly
Then it shouldn't be a problem for you to prove this using the comic itself
>>
>>86762910
The story problems are too big to ignore, it's a poor #1.
>>
>>86763146
There's a thread up with the comic posted. Go read it.
>>
>>86757021

Shill
>>
>>86763021
>but you're defending Champions
No i'm not. Why are you assuming i'm the person they were replying to originally? I did nothing but ask them to fuck off and stop acting like a spastic 13 year old girl
>>
>>86763173
>Kamala's speech ends with help us become champions
>Nova somehow gets a notification saying "CHAMPIONS RULE #CHAMPIONS

Seeing as the speech was being streamed/broadcast, you can infer that Waid's intent was for them to go viral straightaway. It's obvious from the "real-time" responses.

There's nothing to suggest that the speech was made and then hours later they get together to check their phones.
>>
When will Marvel put Sam in a relationship with a cute boy? Specifically Evan Sabahnur. Cute boys deserve to be with each other.
>>
>>86760943
>If you disagree with white privilege and "sexism" you're probably not an SJW.

I don't disagree with them. I think that ham handed representations of it that only piss people off do more harm than good though.

Sexism is real. A man talking to a woman isn't sexism. White privilege is real. Mutants sure as fuck don't have any though. There's ways to do it right, and then there's going to be the way Marvel does it.

Look at the Flintstones comic. That shit is as progressive as fuck. It doesn't need a fall guy "bad" white guy to do it though.
>>
>>86763515
As long as Jeph Loeb continues to breathe, his dead son will never be gay.
>>
>>86763519
>Look at the Flintstones comic
>That shit is as progressive as fuck

More importantly, it's a great comic.
>>
What the fuck happened to Waid in the past couple of years? He used to be celebrated as one of the best writers in the Big Two and a lot of classic stories have been attributed to him.

Now he turns every character he writes into a mouthpiece for his far-left tumblrite political views and he can't keep his fucking mouth shut on social media.
>>
File: IMG_1800.jpg (66KB, 869x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1800.jpg
66KB, 869x501px
>>86763647

'MEMBER WHEN THERE WERENT SO MANY MEXICANS AROUND?
>>
>>86763539
>loeb is okay with his son-expy dating a robot but not a cute boy
who is allowing this robosexual degeneracy
>>
>>86762910
Reading this book made me sad that Viv survives Vision intact.
>>
>>86758157
>Kamala unnecessarily preaching for 3 fucking pages was so forced and out of place.
You mean like in Kamala's own book where Wilson speaks through her that Muslim terrorists make all Muslims look bad? (Just replace "Muslim" with "Inhuman" in this case)
>>
>>86763701
Did you not read the issue? Waid is clearly setting up Viv with Chulk.
Pretty Loeb wanted him with that goth chick, but I think she disappeared. I don't think Sam will be getting with anyone since he doesn't have much time left.
>>
>>86763647

Basically social media happened. It turns every user into a self important deluded retard.
>>
>>86763633
>More importantly, it's a great comic.

Indeed.
>>
>>86763647

Waid was always shit. It just took him riding the goobergoop train for people to realize it.
>>
>>86763519
Nothing quite pisses me off like Marvel acting like mutants get the worst rap.

When being part of a minority gives you a good chance of gaining superpowers, with a minor chance of becoming a living fucking god, you don't get to whine about how miserable it is to be you.
>>
>>86763936
>When being part of a minority gives you a good chance of gaining superpowers
The main X-Men teams (who get awesome useful, and in most cases non disfiguring powers) are the exception. Most mutants are just freaks. It's like saying being black is fine because you have a chance of being Will Smith
>>
Can someone actually put the link to the storytime?
>>
>>86757021
shill
>>
>>86763936
>you don't get to whine about how miserable it is to be you.

I'll never understand why people like you refuse the minority aspect of it. The government literally tries to kill them all off every few months. They've been put in internment camps more than once and people call them slurs on the reg.

But it doesn't count cause you might get lucky and not be a giant blue Judas. You'd better hope your kids get a good power too cause they're also have to fight for the right to exist from a hostile world, but that doesn't count either.

Anyone who seriously has to worry about government officials kicking in their door at any given moment because of something they were born with can only be described as a persecuted minority. There's no grey area to it. It's the exact opposite of a complicated designation.
>>
>>86764349
>>86753180

Thread's closed, but here.
>>
>>86764285
>It's like saying being black is fine because you have a chance of being Will Smith

I was looking for a way to say this. Nice one.
>>
>>86763519
Flintstones is clever. It's funny how the pro-marriage guy is being bullied for being "progressive", but later becomes a bully himself towards a gay couple. And when is called out on his hypocrisy his reply is"it's because I was a minority"
>>
>>86764349

>>>>>86753180
>>
>>86763806
why replacing the words, when inhumans are mary sues as well?
>>
There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking garbage anon. There are people who liked the Movement, and this is, no worse. Slightly better even.
>>
>>86764404
>Flintstones is clever.

I'm definitely spreading the word. I think it's too good a comic for this fallen world.
>>
>>86764439
The things you have to say when you're a Marvel intern.
>>
>>86764369
>>86764408
Thanks. I'll go read it.
>>
>>86763817
Oh fuq does he have a terminal illness?
>>
>>86764551
Original Nova is back. Sam has had a terrible track record since the beginning.
The writing's on the wall
>>
>>86763936
Fucking thank you for this.
>>
>>86764853
Any responses to all the people explaining why that statement is fucking dumb?
>>
>>86764972

I'm not 100% positive, but I bet the Venn of dudes who think X-men shouldn't be an allegory and dudes who think racism is over in the real world is a circle. There's obviously quite a few people that spend a large portion of their every day fighting against any notion that things aren't great and it spill over into shit like comics talk.

Just a theory of mine mind you.
>>
>>86757021
Lets start a hashtag on Twitter next to a dead 15 year olds corpse
>>
>>86757021
Pretty meh

I wouldn't pay $5 for this
>>
It ruined Kamala and Viv for me.
Sam, Miles and Cho are alright so far, but nothing special.
>>
>>86765209
>Lets start a hashtag on Twitter next to a dead 15 year olds corpse

They're heroes 2.0 for the twitter generation. They're hip. They're engaged. They hashtag as if they give a shit*.

*They don't actually give a shit.
>>
>>86758728
>>Viv is now a gamer girl for no reason other than Waid to do some inspid GamerGate analogy later in the run
Which is retarded cause Kamala is the sperg. She plays notWoW religiously, it's mentioned a few times in her run
>>
>>86765187
>He doesn't think being black is as bad as being part of a race that the government threw in concentration camps recently and regularly builds killbots to hunt
>What a fucking problematic asshole!

>but I bet the Venn of dudes who think X-men shouldn't be an allegory
Where did I say this?

>and dudes who think racism is over
Or that?

I think you're the one letting unrelated shit spill into comics talk
>>
>>86765281

They're just using playing videogames as a shortcut to giving Viv a personality. It's a textbook Marvel writer shortcuts.
>>
>>86765349
>Where did I say this?

Where did I say you said that? I said I had a theory. I bet it's a good theory though.
>>
>Why can't we just rebuild the train tracks?
>What do you mean you don't know how? Just do it!.
>>
>>86765395
Epic ruse Anon
>>
>>86758914
>I'm surprised literally no one has proposed that Viv's gaming because of her what happened. I don't know whether that lines up, but I don't think anyone brought it up.
I did!
>>
>>86760154
>. I am not convinced Waid knows what GamerGate even was.

He called a couple girls who worked a GG booth at a convention "neo-nazis"
>>
>>86761119
They're friends from a game. They've obviously exchanged some personal information since Cho knew who she was. There's nothing to suggest a potential for romance other than them shaking hands like people who are more than just passing acquaintances do.
>>
>>86763647
Liberals get crazier as they start to lose power.
>>
>>86757021
B-But anon Bendis and the too many non-white, non male characters! And BEN-I mean Waid.
>>
>>86764285
If Marvel wants me to sympathize with mutants for being outcasts, then they should actually put some of the freaks in focus. For every Caliban, Beak and Squid-Boy that gets screentime, there are a dozen Emma Frosts, Stepford Cuckoos, Gambits and other characters who not only pass for normal, but are sexy as fuck and spend most of their time flying in jets and getting recruited by virtual gods and spending time in whatever mansion-school the X-Men are running at the moment. Marvel only cares about mutants who are both powerful and marketable enough to be superheroes, with all the glamour that entails. They rarely focus on anybody who's just trying to live a normal life without getting shit on by society. Combine that with the fact that Marvel's normies are infamously tough on super-powered beings, and it just kind of rings false.

And comparing the likes of Professor X and Magneto to Will Smith is...okay, I see where you're going with this, but let's put things into perspective. Real-life minorities get celebrities and congresspeople. At best, they're able to finance some relevant charities and help write up some beneficial laws. And no matter how rich and famous they are, if they run into a bunch of white supremacists/anti-gay activists/what have you with guns, they're going to get btfo as much as the average black person or gay person. Mutants get shit on more than the average minority in the Marvelverse, yes, but they also have protective forces with hoverjets and shit looking out for them. There's never going to be a situation where, to take an example from Squid Boy, Will Smith shows up at your door and whisks you away to a new life where you won't get shit on by bullies.

So, yeah. If Marvel just gave us more stories about Morlock-level mutants trying to just live without getting into the superhero nonsense, I'll be fine

>>86765187
For the record, I have no idea what you're talking about, at all.
>>
>>86765865
I don't need a person to have every single sad sack thing to sympathize with them. Mutants are marginalized. The government is actively trying to kill them and the people they spend their lives saving still hate them and will never stop.

You guys can wave your hands around, but the allegory works as is. It always has.
>>
>>86757278
This will be the mot cringe thing of the year. It takes effort to become more cringy than Wolfman's Raven.
>>
>>86765372
Is it really that hard to give a character a personality? All they have do is make her the anti-Kamala since she's the only other girl on the team.
>>
>>86757278
Emergency services were on site, why should members of the public run around trying to do everything with only 5 minors when professionals were working?
>>86760943
>If you disagree with white privilege and "sexism" you're probably not an SJW. A classical liberal who believes in the legal equality of all people isn't the same as a mob of racist sexists who pretend to be champions of equality.
Not him but given how easy it is to be called an SJW it's not surprising that people willingly take on the title. If the people handing it out aren't picky the term becomes the badge of everyone being tarred with the same brush, it took me some time to realise that the term was meant to denote the lunatic fringe since it was used as a come back to any act of implying racism isn't the norm and I don't bother googling everything people say on line.
I fully agree that the speech at the end should have been delivered better, having the team discuss the issues and the public support them would have been more believable and allowed everyone (or at least more than just Ms Marvel) to contribute.
>>
>>86763806
Ms. Marvel has always been an idealist. What she hasn't always been is a grand-standing ham. Giving a long speech about why 'we need to be better' that goes on for three whole pages is nothing Kamala has done at anypoint. She's inspired people, like the kids who the Inventor kidnapped for human batteries, or do the Nuhumans abusing their gifts, but she acts like a teenager and not like Captain America: she keeps her points brief, poignant, and strong like her character. Waid writes her like she's standing on a soap-box.

Fuck, Kamala frankly isn't GOOD at making long speeches: she has a hard time making her points like in the recent Civil War 2 tie-in, everyone walks all over her.
>>
File: tumblr_n38lbfwBzs1rhtmw5o2_1280.png (731KB, 1000x493px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n38lbfwBzs1rhtmw5o2_1280.png
731KB, 1000x493px
>>86757021
I want Robbie on the team
>>
>>86758821
So is 4chan lol
>>
>>86757021
>Humberto Ramos art
it's shit
>>
>>86757021
>Call me a shill
Shill
>>
>>86767739
No you don't. Waid will try to ruin him like he did with Kamala and Viv.
>>
>>86767818
whateva I just want him to cuck Sam and fuck Viv. He's my latino self-nsert.
>>
>>86767739
>Kamala gives a moralfag speech about how killing is wrong

>Put on the team a hero who literally NEEDS to kill criminals to satiate his demon uncle

>Team always yells at Robbie like fucking Carlos or some sheet everytime he kills someone

my sides
>>
>>86767739
>>86767940

>Boy, Robbie, it sure was nice of you to volunteer to always hand the villains we defeat over to the proper authorities after our battles.
>Yes, handing them over to the cops. That is exactly what I'm doing with them.
>>
>>86766644
>Champions give speech after stoping a villain and handing him over to the authorities, said villain having killed a young woman earlier
>speech is filmed and becomes twitter hit, the last panel being the Champions becoming aware of this

>"champions update twitter next to dead teenagers XD so quirky" screams /co/
>maximum cringe
>>
>>86767608
Her brother played basketball and read The Merchant of Venice.

Why can't she play video games?
>>
>>86757021
It was tolerable, until the end.
At which point they spoiled it all with Kamala's fucking rant, and the fucking twitter shit.
>>
>>86763519
>Flintstones
>Great

DCshill go home.
>>
>>86757021
I also enjoyed this OP, it had some issues but overall it was a nice set up. Don't pay much attention to the bashing this book is getting, /co/ just has a passionate hate for Marvel and often feel threatened when they know a Marvel book is going to make DC
Rebirth its bitch in terms of sales.
>>
>>86770086
Nice falseflag you've got going there, /tv/.
>>
>>86770365
>and often feel threatened when they know a Marvel book is going to make DC Rebirth its bitch in terms of sales.

See this is why shilling pisses me off, I'm a marvelfag and you faggots have been saying " DUDE WATCH AS MARVEL TAKES THE SALES BACK FROM DC " for months now and it never fucking happens, Marvel hasn't done anything worth reading in almost a year, they put relatable characters in the hands of retards , people who think "imma put this joker ripoff in charge of a human trafficking operation and make his sole purpose to be punched by hulk" or make Kamala " not all muslims" Khan shout generic speeches every two seconds.

Everything about champions was utter shit , not even the cover that had nice art was salvageable since it was so fucking edgy it might as well have shadow the hedgehog running around on the background. Godammit, I miss when the dialogue was funny and characters weren't mouthpiece, I miss when Marvel was great, is not the legacy characters, is the fact that the writing is utter fucking shit
>>
File: newclaphypercj6.gif (36KB, 293x180px) Image search: [Google]
newclaphypercj6.gif
36KB, 293x180px
>>86757021
> The Trinity done right
> Miles writed as a fun spider-man, not a sitcom faggot
> Sam actually been useful
> Hulk thunderclapping
> Kamala doesn't notice she's been bossy and cunt exactly like Carol

I give a 7.5 and some clap. And fuck if you doesn't like Ramos.
>>
>zomg why dont you fix the train!?
>what? i dont understand what you want me to do?
>I JUST CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW I QUIT!

Well they managed to accurately write a teenage girl. Great job.
>>
>>86771168
How much do Disney pay per post?
>>
How do you think Sana feels watching other writers butcher kamala?
>>
>>86770710
Except Champions will outsell the Rebirth books you fucking retard. That doesn't mean Marvel are going to take the market back, or that Marvel books in general will start selling better than Rebirth. It just means that CHAMPIONS will outsell Rebirth.
>>
>>86758495
>Teenage robot witch waifu
Okay, this is ticking off all my boxes for waifu material.
Well done artists.
>>
>>86760789
This was the book that they sold to Scholastic and they are gonna give this to kids.
>>
>>86772433
Goddammit, Waid.
>>
>>86770510
Why do you libtard's always say /pol/ or /tv/?

My homeboard is /diy/ and /a/.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 694x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 694x325px
>>86772433
>This was the book that they sold to Scholastic and they are gonna give this to kids
Oh god! This is fucking hilarious!
>>
>>86772433
>he thinks kids can't handle killer clowns and sex trafficking
>doesn't realize kids these days read Hunger Games and Divergent, which contain much worse things
>think of the children

Stay classy, /co/
>>
>>86772760
It's just pretty hypocritical of SJWaid considering he always in THINK OF THE CHILDREN/WOMEN/BLACKS mode ands constantly criticizes other comics (mostly DC) for being edgy while claiming to be the champion of light-heartedness and fun.

And here he puts sex-trafficking in the first goddamn issue of the light-hearted tween book that was hyped to people who usually don't like sex trafficking in their stories (most Fans of Kamala aren't looking for stories with her fighting rapist clowns and sex slavery).
>>
File: Vision (2015-) 004-018.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Vision (2015-) 004-018.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>86759963
Someone draw Mr. Kinzky telling Virginia to Go Home
>>
>>86757021
You're a shill.
>>
File: 1456337130600.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1456337130600.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>average book with the only real offenses being a 50 year old man trying to be 'with it' and misfiring
>DCucks and /tv/ memers bending over backwards to try to call it the worst book ever to fit their narrative

This board is so shit now.
>>
>>86760789
I saw that first page and my immediate thought was "They're not really gonna do a story about sex slavery, right? Those girls must be half naked in chains for some other, lighthearted reason, right?" And they emphasized them being underage, I guess to make it seem worse even though I couldn't even tell.

And then there was the clown.
>>
>>86773292
>And then there was the clown
I like how putting sex trafficking in the first issue wasn't enough for Waid. He had to make the leader a stereotypical creepy clown(as if clowns don't have bad enough reputations). And then followed it up with the old tired " You can't kill the villain, it's not worth it" trope with the clown themed villain after one of the girls died.

Cliche writing and tonal shifts for everyone!
>>
>>86761656
No one even mentioned DC before you. How insecure are you?
>>
Literally one of the worst comics I've read in a long time. I'm not one to "not muh" but Waid's characterization of literally everyone was shit. Not because they were different from usual, but because they were different and GARBAGE. Ms. Marvel as the bratty mouthpiece is fucking stupid. We all knew the day would come when she was pushed onto a team book and written by an incompetent writer, but who knew it'd be so soon and the incompetent writer would be Mark fucking Waid? Good god.

Anyway the rest of it was trash too. The page of the kids on their cellphones, jesus christ.
>>
>>86771619
you know that copypasta about Arnold watching horseface and having to pretend she's hot? like that
>>
>>86757021
>tfw you will never get the SWEETEST CHERRIES
>>
>>86773292
I thought they was going to be some crazy or wacky twist because the girls were wearing clown make-up...but the twist never came
>>
I like how, when they were beating up the clown, they used very neutered language to call him a sicko or whatever instead of what they probably actually would have called him.
>>
>>86758495
Anyone else think it's kinda odd that they're using Viv in this book?
I mean, considering the shit that goes on in Vision's solo, it just seems odd seeing her in another book.
>>
>>86773829
Anon, sex slavery and death are two things but swearing is just too much. There could be little kids reading.
>>
File: JEAN!!!!!!.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
JEAN!!!!!!.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>86759244

Fortunately, Scott being wrong about everything is entirely in character.
>>
>>86773833
I thought Viv's introduction was really weird. Cho knows her from online gaming? It just felt weird and forced.
>>
>>86773280
>supporting this SJW pandering garbage
Wow, this place really is /co/mblr.
>>
>>86773932
Best Marvel book of the day.
>>
>>86769343
Nobody is saying she can't, it's just a poor base for a personality.
>>
Honest Question: in wich comicbook the kids doesn't sound corny or outdated?

I can only think on Bendis.
>>
>>86773932
Why the fuck wasn't Cage the book they would sell to Scholastic? It's a far better kids book then this tripe.
>>
>>86774155
Wilson's Ms Marvel.
>>
>>86758728
>you never level up with viv
>>
>>86774170
>Why the fuck wasn't Cage the book they would sell to Scholastic?
Because good books never get good promotion.
>>
Kamala is such a stupid fucking cunt. If she's really serious about doing more than punching the problem away, then she'd worry first about finishing high school, going to university, and studying to get certifications and/or advanced degrees in science and engineering and social sciences.

Because I ain't trusting some 16 year old Paki teen taking AP classes to repair a goddamn train track or help fix up a mine or repair a bridge. Being able to grow your tits larger and droop your face down past your chest doesn't make you an industrial engineer with the years of experience and know-how to fix a structural problem. And unlike these heroes, I would actually have to use these things afterwards. And if it's not up to spec, then people are simply going to die later.

So the self-righteousness is just ridiculous. If she's like this in future issues or anyone else catches that bug, then fuck this book.

We're going to get the same bullshit in that Hawkvengers book, aren't we? Marvel pls.
>>
>>86774170
Marvel would make bank if they offered the Marvel Adventures trades to Scholastic. But of course they would never do it.
>>
>>86774170
They don't care about providing good books to children. They just want the headlines when this book is #1 for the month.
>>
>>86774254
It's worse because Waid doesn't really do a good job on following up on what Kamala says.

I mean, Waid has Kamala quit the Avengers because she doesn't like that they only punch badguys and save people and not doing real help to the community (like reconstructing damaged property). But after she quits, he only focuses on Kamala and her team saving minors and punching evil clown men. Sure they helped rebuild the mine but Waid didn't want to show it because it wasn't interesting to him. He also didn't want to show the Champions comforting the kidnapped girls and are instantly forgotten about. The book should be showing the crew rebuilding the mine and comforting the victims because that was the whole point of her motivation!!! How does such a writer lose the point to his own story?!!!
>>
>>86774254
I have no idea what Kamala even expects. No collateral damage? Hulk tossed a clown through a brick wall and shattered every window in the building. They also collapsed a mine. How are they supposed to fix any of that?

I wish when she was giving Blacktain America shit he just responded like "Good idea. Because it's so important to you, I'll let you lead the rebuilding effort." And instead of any of this, we get 20+ pages of Kamala trying and failing to repair infrastructure. Because getting real big sometimes doesn't make you a civil engineer.
>>
>>86774254
>>86774458

So Kamala is Allison?

strongfemaleprotagonist.com/
>>
>>86772966
You act as if a writer can't write more than one thing. That, and his Daredevil run had a lot of dark material; heck, it had Daredevil take down a slavery ring too!

You sound like more of a moralfag than Waid is when you complain about stuff like this.

Not to mention, I'm sure Waid himself didn't solicit the book in scholastic, the marketing department did. If you wanna blame anybody blame them, though i don't know why you would as scholastic solicits books like "The Lovely Bones" and "Hunger Games" all the time which are far worse than this.
>>
>>86773292
>>86773454
>moralfags
>>
>>86774663
What are you even talking about, cretin? I hope you're just misusing a word and not advocating sex slavery.
>>
File: 1461542070391.gif (2MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1461542070391.gif
2MB, 352x288px
>>86774029
>muh SJW boogyman
>>
>>86774070
Considering it's the first issue and she was in less than half of it, I don't think we can claim that that is her only personality, especially considering she didn't make any other references to video games in the issue. You can't even call it a base, it's just a connection between her and Cho.
>>
>>86774226
Because young kid's don't watch the Luke Cage show, which is the only reason they let Genndy make the book in the first place. Kid's don't watch it, kid's won't read it.

And young kids haven't watched Samurai Jack either.
>>
>>86774254
You should partially blame Bendis, as her quitting the Avengers over this shit was his idea, so Waid has to put it in his book. Doesn't make it better, but it kind of explains her dumb reasoning.
>>
>>86774663
It just felt out of place. Its just one moment they are at Viv's house and mext BOOM sex slavery. They wasn't really alot of build-up for the crazy clown and sex trafficking plot. And it just conflicts with the rest of the tone of the book. Maybe if the ending was better and bitter with the characters mourning the girl's loss and what they say or something. But then Waid ends the issue with them checking out them trending on twitter. It's like Waid tried to end the story on a positive note after a girl just fucking died and several others were traumatized.
>>
>>86774266
They used to, when they were new. They didn't sell well at all.
>>
>>86774893
Why is Bendis so powerful again? Who does he know?
>>
>>86774895
I think the reveal of the sex ring was intended to be shocking, as the kids are just stunned for a moment when they see that's the mission Viv brings up, as opposed to say a bank robbery or a burning building. Kamala yelling at her to find them "RIGHT NOW!" is meant to show how this is serious.

I will concede that this doesn't work as well as it should because the art is so poor. Seriously, I get that Ramos is a Marvel regular, but he just cannot draw anymore.

Had they gotten someone like Dobson for this, who's good at balancing dark themes and comedy in his art, I'm sure the story would have flowed better.
>>
>>86774934
He's pretty high up the Marvel ladder. Isn't he basically just below editor-in-chief at this point?
>>
>>86774895
i agree. one minute it's a teen 'finding our place in the world' book, and then we have some joker ripoff talking about underage sex slaves with the sweetest cherries, lol. it was pretty fucked up.

but i thought the totally self-absorbed "we're trending on twitter" moment actually fits this bunch.

it's hilarious that kamala quits the avengers b/c the avengers won't help people rebuild their lives after a mission, but the first champions mission ends with like 'meh, let the police and social workers handle this, i gotta check my phone'.
>>
Credit to Waid, he can still write a good action scene. The mine and shipyard scenes felt just as gripping as his Daredevil work.
>>
>>86775048
You won't like this answer: Marvel's a meritocracy. He rose through the ranks by being really good at making comics, so even if he's not the biggest big kahuna he's still earned the respect and Marvel's goons will follow his lead. That's more important than rank, influence-wise.
>>
>>86764364
>The government literally tries to kill them all off every few months.
Because every few months they almost destroy the world.
>>
>>86774155
Whenever Tomasi and Gleason write them.
>>
>>86775173
So...not at all?
>>
File: DUMMY YEAH.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DUMMY YEAH.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>86762522
>Dummy

YEAH
>>
>>86775533
Like the Avengers do? Or is it somehow different? Different in a way that justifies the hypocrisy?
>>
>>86769027
Well, technically he does hand people to their judgement. Of the eternal kind.
If hell isn't the proper authority on baddies, who is?
>>
>>86774798
Also it's not like she wasn't in another whole book where we got to know her.
Imagine the moment Kamala sits down with her to ask why she is so down.
Five minutes later she buys plane tickets to Wakanda and begs Bruno for forgiveness.
>>
>>86763790
Did you read VIsion #11?
>>
>>86775173
>shipyard scenes
The shipyard scene were fucking terrible. You had Mile announcing that "he likes kicking people" but show him punching a person (while spontaneously announcing he hates guns). You have Miles not being able to life a metal crate and fliging it. You have Nova pounding on the crate (all the kids should have died considering how much damage the container took). You have a HIULK punching a guy into a wall so hard that bricks go flying yet somehow still living just find. It was a goddam mess. Waid and Ramos need to communicate better.
>>
>>86757021
Shill
>>
>>86777102
Kamala was at the Avengers vs. Sentry scene in Vision #11, right? Even if Wilson, Janethor and Tony didn't tell her outright why Sentry had apparently gone nuts again, she would have at least tried to figure it out, right?
>>
>>86774458
>How does such a writer lose the point to his own story?!!!
That's a good question, I didn't think it was really possible. I mean you can miss the point of an established franchise or characters other people made, but to miss the point of something you established in your own story, that sounds like quite the feat.
>>
>>86775533
>Because every few months they almost destroy the world.

Bad guys almost the destroy the planet every single month. The government doesn't build any super person destroying robots. They only build mutant hunting robots.

If you don't see the clear distinction, you might need to get your vision checked.
>>
>>86757021
You're a shill
>>
>>86757021
But really, Ramos on the art means the book literally cannot be any good. It could be anyone writing it, it wouldn't be good.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.