[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They should play Jonathan and Martha in Supergirl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Smallville.jpg (38KB, 454x608px) Image search: [Google]
Smallville.jpg
38KB, 454x608px
They should play Jonathan and Martha in Supergirl
>>
Lois was probably the best thing about that show honestly.
>>
>>86741041
Lana, Chloe, Kara and Martha were all thoroughly rapeable too.
>>
They would have to be a lot older.

>>86741629
CLARK WOULD NOT APPROVE
>>
I want Tom Welling as old Earth 2 Supes in Crisis
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 842x982px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 842x982px
It was such a colossally wasted opportunity that they never did a proper Superman show with Welling, Durance and Rosenbaum.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>86741018
Tom Welling said hed never act again that he hated every minute of it.
>>
I just started re watching this on Hulu and fuck it hit me right I the early 2000s feels. And holy shit the show is straight bad at times. I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Granted j was in Middle school/high school but still...
>>
>>86741887
>implying he ever acted in the first place
>>
>>86741906
You're bound to have some gems and stinkers if you're on air for a fucking decade
>>
>>86741887
He's been in stuff since Smallville ended though
>>
>>86742306
One movie. Its even on his Wikipedia that he refuses to do anything.
>>
SOMEBODY SAVEEEEEEEEE MMEEEEE
>>
>>86742888
>Its even on his Wikipedia that he refuses to do anything

Why?
>>
>>86742888
No, three. One of them this year
>>
>>86741018
Too young to be Martha and Jonathan, give them like two more decades.
>>
>>86741018
Surprised they didn't get him to play Superman.
>>
>>86741018
He just got divorced last year.
>>
>>86741041
You mean the best two things
>>
File: Supers.jpg (833KB, 2266x652px) Image search: [Google]
Supers.jpg
833KB, 2266x652px
I'd enjoy a non cannon short featuring these four.
>>
>>86741018
Too young bro. And aging them with makeup would look awful as hell
>>
>>86748168
Welling's looking a little gray and leathery around the eyes these days.
>>
>>86741906
I accidentally tuned in after the season 8 mid season finale and just never bothered going back. Right now I am watching it for the first time and there were so many times I wanted to strangle the shit out of people in season 2. That entire season was Clark warning a girl about an obvious psychopath then them getting mad at him saying he is just jealous finally followed by Clark saving them from getting murdered in the worst way and apologizing for being such a bitch. Honestly as much as people bitch about relationship drama in shows I think it has majorly toned down since then. I mean a season of will he get with her THEN a love triangle season and then a fucking season of will they won't they? Christ by that point I would've just said fuck this because there is no winning situation.
>>
>>86747814
At least put some members of Smallville's Justice League in there. Clark would be like a third wheel among the 3 that are from the same universe. And yes I realize how using third wheel doesn't work well when there's 4 of them
>>
>>86748248
Featuring, others can have a few parts.
>>
>>86741018
Clark should be late 20s, more legitimately early 30s. Meaning Welling and whatshername need to look late 40s, early 50s to be legit. They can do a bit with some aged makeup but when you line them up (if there ever was say a holiday scene) with Helen as the Danver's mom, or with Dean Cain, the age difference will be exceedingly noticeable, unless they want to spend a mint in salaries.

It would make more sense if Erica played say Zatanna and Welling can play Dr. Fate, or someone like that, who would never be a regularly reoccurring character.
>>
>>86748168
I think he could pull it off.

Dean Cain doesn't look his age and Welling doesn't look like a teenager anymore.
>>
>>86741018
Zod and Ursa
>>
>>86750370
Ultraman and Superwoman
>>
>>86741041
>Lois
>Good
>Displacing Chloe as Lois is good
Leave my Earth
>>
>>86741018
>>86747814
I'd enjoy the Legends going into a parallel timeline where they encounter Smallville versions of Superman, Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter and Black Canary (I would have put Hawkman and Cyborg too, but Hawk died in the show and BOOYAH died IRL).

Have the whole thing basically be a mid/late Smallville episode (that particular line-up with the Legends trying to stay in the background as much as possible and not fuck up this universe's timeline, which they inevitably do because fucking up timelines is what they do). Pull a "Trials and Tribble-ations" on us. Have Chloe and Lois and Lionel around, maybe even Lana (she's stayed on with CW so shouldn't be too hard).

Would be a lot of fun (especially if they could recreate the mid-00s aesthetic), the actors are still young enough to pull it off, none of them are too expensive to be unaffordable and it would be a great treat for people who watched Smallville. They did a TDKR tribute in season 1, why not do something similar in 2 or 3?
>>
>>86751799
Nah, just put it after season 11
>>
>>86741041
Yes, togheter with clark, lex, chloe, jonathan and Martha.
>>
>>86751813
Eh, I disagree. To me it would be more interesting if they tried to capture the spirit of Smallville rather than just have the same actors play aged versions of their characters. If you put it post-11, Welling has to be in costume (something which was an issue for some reason), work at the Daily Planet as mild-mannered Clark Kent while saving the day as Superman, leading the Justice League, etc. You just get Welling playing regular vanilla Superman, there's zero fun in that and virtually nothing to differentiate him from the Supergirl version of Superman, who also seems to be regular vanilla Supes.

Placing it into the show's timeline allows them to do an homage/gentle ribbing of the show itself and its peculiarities. "The team goes to a world with an inexperienced Superman assembling a proto-League" is far more narratively interesting than "The team goes to a world basically like their own with some minor differences." But again, I'm biased because I want to watch classic Luthor/Lex/Clark interactions, which is impossible post-season 7.
>>
>>86741629
>Not listing Lionel o' love
>Not listing fucking Alicia best girl Baker
Shit taste
>>
>>86741887
Where did he say that? Just asking because I swear he recently came out and said he'd love to don the cape for Supergirl.
>>
>>86754868

he had a show his production company produced for CBS that he also starred in that didn't get picked up this pilot season but it was close to being picked up so he will still be acting.
>>
>>86751813
Season 11 comics deviated a lot from the feeling of the show.
Some ideas were fun, like Clark being a lantern. Some were goofy, like Barbara being Nightwing
>>
File: 1429827069291.jpg (92KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
1429827069291.jpg
92KB, 700x465px
>>86741041
Agreed.
>>
>>86741811
You can blame Welling himself for that. He refused to ever wear the costume, so they had to have the whole show take place before he fully became Superman.
>>
>>86741811
>No hooves
Wtf
>>
>>86750328

Dean Cage in the Supergirl pilot is just too heavy set and old looking. Whatever that show was that he hosted was a few years back and he really hasn't worked since; I'm mean, it's just like Gerard Butler or anyone else not being in shape - but he looks his age and much younger than Welling looks. They might look as bad the trio did in the last Potter movie.
>>
That's the dumbest idea I've heard all-day...We're so accustomed to them playing Lois Lane and Clark Kent that it would feel un-natural seeing them as Jonathan and Martha...Maybe in a few decades when they look older and have faded out of the memory of must of us...
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.