[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so butthurt about this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

Why are people so butthurt about this show?
>>
>>86737255
Harder to make lewds with new style
>>
>>86737255
because not muh anime faces and japaneses stuff in general.
>>
>>86737255
This thread never gets old.
>>
>>86737255
It isn't funny.
>>
>>86737427
Yes it is
>>
>>86737255
It takes the cast of a show that was fondly remembered, put them in a completely different genre, and flanderizes them to the point where they're barely recognizable. All while using their old designs from the previous show in order to try to cash in on the previous show's fan base.
Regardless of whether or not you liked the old show, it's not hard to see how that could be seen as a giant middle finger to the old audience.
And honestly, it's not that funny. I mean it has its moments, but you have to sift through so much shit to find it that's it's not worth it.
>>
>>86737255
Because Terra is still dead
>>
"mean spirited" is codeword for triggering
>>
File: 1470963000953.png (242KB, 473x348px) Image search: [Google]
1470963000953.png
242KB, 473x348px
>>86737539
So people are buttblasted over a parody series?
>>
>>86737819
Yes. But do keep in mind that TT fans haven't gotten anything new (except comics, but no one reads those!) for years.

People like the SnK parody show. People would not like it if Berserk suddenly came out with a new parody series updating once per week while the original was still on hiatus, for example.
>>
>>86737450
It could be if it tried.

This clip is actually a perfect example of my biggest issue with TTG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye22m1DISng

The beginning where Robin blasts them with a flamethrower and the end where he rips his clothes off are pretty funny. However, the Island Fashion Show bit is so unfunny that it pretty much spoils the whole scene.

Generally speaking, TTG's humor to me is hit or miss, but it misses so badly that the hits are practically overshadowed. I watched probably like eight episodes of this, and it honestly is just not as funny as it should be.

TT was, as far as I remember, flawed as fuck and definitely good parody material. So TTG is just disappointing.
>>
>>86737255
Basically bad jokes like 'waffles'

Also, the art style is just ugly.
>>
>>86737450
>waffles
>>
>>86738041
TTG really needs a straight-man figure. All the characters are trying too hard too be wacky.
>>
You know, like him or not, this is one of John's better videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UdI91Wlr1E
>>
>>86738309
There is a straight man, but it changes between characters per episode. So yeah, all it really needs is a little internal consistency.
>>
because it shits on it's on fans
>>
>>86737255
It's garbage with no effort put into it that shits on the previous show's legacy
>>
It's not funny.

Plus they're goddamn obsessed with shitting on the old show and its fans. One time is funny, two is pushing it, FIVE fucking episodes worth is too much.
>>
>>86737255

Because it sucks.

>>86737450

> randumb humor

Epic.
>>
>>86740424
>I'm so cool, look at how much I don't care!
Okay, Raven.
>>
>>86737255
because people don't realize what a spinoff is, and think this is suppose to be a remake or sequel and thus go all "Not muh teen titans" on it
>>
File: wat.jpg (8KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
8KB, 200x193px
>someone actually defending that shit
Holy fuck whats next? Johnny Test appreciation threads?
>>
1. It's much more popular than the old show.
2. It's better made than the old show.
3. It shows how shitty and pretentious the old show was.
4. Boohoo my childhood.
>>
>>86737255
>Make a promo for a TTG bomb as an island adventure
>Turns out its just a one-off ep were the Titans actually do cooler shit than they did in the old cartoon
This cartoon is based
>>
>>86738124
You mean the episode where Cyborg and Beast Boy were enjoying a breakfast of waffles, and found they could annoy Robin with it?

Learn what random means, faggot.
>>
>>86740633
This in a nutshell. The old fans are being overly sensitive. If they stopped the show would stop making fun of them.
>>
>>86740633
>It shows how shitty and pretentious the old show was.
>pretentious
The old TT cartoon was pretentious? Are you high?
>>
Because grown up man can't let go of their old favorite show.
>>
>>86740633
1 and 4 are right. But unironically using the term pretentious for a harmless kid's cartoon shows you're just a dumb as fuck memer.

Anyways, it's decently funny at times but it's just overall not good. Should have used new characters instead of the Teen Titans and just let the old show die.
>>
>>86737255
"NOT MUH TITUNS" is the usual answer
>>
>people unironically defending teen titans go
Is this bizarro /co/?
>>
Because the ending it's predecessor got wasn't considered a satisfying and instead of getting one, the fans got this. I personally don't like it since I find it painfully unfunny 80%
>>
>>86737255
They got butthurt that their "mature cartoons for mature people such as myself" ended. Then this came along and they vented their anger at it. Then the show started making fun of them for being butthurt, which only made them angrier. And funnier to me.
It is time! To get really really serious!
>>
Why do these threads keep getting made if they all just result in both sides throwing insults at each other because one doesn't like the others show?

What's supposed to be accomplished? Neither side is even in the right here.
>>
>>86737255
teen titans fans are retards who don't know how to read a comic
>>
Random humor is only funny in spurts, and when your entire show basis its humor off of constant random skits, it stops being enjoyable and all the jokes are expected because you know it'll just be some random garbage spewed from a character in every scene.

It's bad in the same sense that the shitty MAD cartoon was bad, yet the vocal majority that hate the show are just hypersensitive nostalgiafags that hate it for the wrong reasons.
>>
The only time I've really hated Teen Titans Go is when they make episodes as a direct response to the haters.

The most infamous example I can think of is "The Return of Slade"
>>
>>86739745
If Raven were to be a consistent straight man, the show would be far stronger for it.
Fixing Cyborg and Beastboy would also help. As they are now, they're just kind of douche bags with interchangeable personalities.
>>
>>86741271
Probably.
But the cartoon handled Terra far better than the comic did.
>>
>>86737613
Terra is a cunt and alive, she goes to that HS and best boy runs into her
>>
>>86740610
The "fans" who defend it are only doing it to piss of TT fans

>everyone hates it
>jump to a month in
>"dude i don't know what you're on about this show is great maybe you need to take off the nostalgia goggles le so assmad XDD"

>>86740385
It's obvious that the "Shit on the old fans" episodes are just when they can't think of anything for next weeks episode
>>
>>86737288
How new are you?
>>
>>86737255
Because it sucks
>>
It's basically Johnny Test 2
>Shit writing
>Shit animation
>Obnoxious characters
>Takes up a majority of CN slots
The only difference is the writers are petty faggots who get butthurt over people calling it shit and feel the need to mock them in the show
>>
>>86740829
/co/ has been defending TTG since it aired. And they've been using the same tired-ass "NOT MUH TITANS" strawman for three fucking years.
>>
>>86737288
Surely you jest.
>>
File: 1471170395179.gif (74KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1471170395179.gif
74KB, 480x270px
Old show fans.

But i insist:

TTGO! > TT

No bait, just my sincere opinion.
>>
>>86744618
TTG would be bad even if it weren't using the Teen Titans characters in it.
>>
>>86737255
It's because they're doing the 'lol random' type of humor. In which, they use Teen Titans as brand recognition and earn a whole lot of mulah.
>>
The show can be pretty good sometimes.

>the episode where they turn into villains
>the 90's teen drama parody episode
>the Oregon Trail episode
>the episode that was basically a straight-faced lesson about real estate
>>
>>86737412
That's why I hated the original show in the first place
>>
>>86745434
The series knows there are a lot of people who hate it, and knows the series is not the serious drama cartoon the original was.

And they run with it 100%.
>>
>>86745535
even better that the original VAs are all on board with it
>>
>>86737255
It's low budget and quick to produce, and since it's popular in addition, it gets shoved down everyone's throats on CN.
>>
>>86737255
Because it isn't funny and is on too often.
>>86745535
>the serious drama cartoon the original was
Do people genuinely believe the original was serious? Sure there were serious episodes but as a whole the show was not very serious, hell, TTG doesn't even use the original show for "Let's Get Serious", it uses Young Justice.
>>
>>86737255
You mean OTHER than the fact that this show shits on the original and all the fans of the original on purpose. And it's only watchable if your high, retarded or below age 7?
Or that Amazing characters that we come to love from the comics and the OGTT are portrayed as brain dead lunatics?

Oh no reason i guess...
>>
>>86744733
Let me rephrase, its harder to make attractive nudes
>>
>>86745772
I thought that was because they weren't having very successful voice acting careers, so they agreed to do TTGO
>>
>>86740633
>>86740633
>>86740934
>>86745535
Original Teen Titans had an episode where Cyborg gets a computer virus and tries to eat the city. Beast Boy and Gizmo have to shrink down to get inside his body and defeat the virus before he wipes out every machine in the city.

Original Teen Titans had three episodes based around being trapped in a nonsensical wacky world (the Titanimals one and the two Mad Mod ones)

Original Teen Titans created Control Freak.

Not only did Teen Titans have perfectly good wacky comedy episodes, but they were more competently written than anything TTG has put out.
>>
At first I hate it, but then I gave a chance again and have some great episodes.

The Spirit Animal / College one is on spot.
RPG one is well executed.
Scooby Doo was brilliant...

And there are many.
>>
>>86737450
Baby Hands
>>
When there's butthurt, you know who to call,
THE FAGGOTS!
From their basement, with Linux installed,
THE FAGGOTS!
When their favorite show is under attack,
You can rest knowing they won't do jack
Cause their autism makes them lose control....
THE FAGGOTS GO!!

With their Gentoo laptops, they unite,
THE FAGGOTS!
Never fucked a woman that they liked!
THE FAGGOTS!

They got the normies on the run, but these faggot can't handle sun. And their autism makes them lose controooool!

THE FAGGOTS GO!
>>
>>86745285
fuck off Pan
>>
>>86747156
Pan likes Go, but he would never call it better than the original, so I don't think it's him.
>>
File: IMG_1786.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1786.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>86745535
>serious drama cartoon the original was.

The show had serious plot points but it still had humor, some episodes were more humorous like the one with Robin-Mite.
>>
>>86746081
>Tara Strong
>unsuccessful voice acting career
>that one girl doing Starfire
>unsuccessful voice acting career
>a black-sounded black guy
>ever having an unsuccessful voice acting career
>>
remember lunatics unleashed this is sort of the reverse
god tier comedy= awkward action show
god tier action = awkward comedy
>>
>>86744733
Let me said booya
>>
I'm over getting mad about how bad it is, I just hate how aggressive the scheduling is.

CN finally has a line up after so many years of nothing and then you turn on the channel and what's half the days programming?

YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW

No shit its your most popular show when you cram it into every time slot.
>>
>>86737895
Berserk does have a parody series, the new anime.
>>
File: 1314031111006.png (76KB, 211x198px) Image search: [Google]
1314031111006.png
76KB, 211x198px
Its like if Chris Chan made a cartoon series
>claim the show is for kids
>make references that no kid would ever get
>constantly references how manchildren hate the show, people who supposedly aren't even watching it
>several episodes devoted to them doing terrible 4th wall comedy in an attempt to acknowledge how everyone hates the show
I'm surprised the Titans haven't taken on the evil 4cent 500 corporation or fought their new nemesis the evil Mr Enter

Half of these 4th wall episodes seem like tantrums being thrown by the writers. Its honestly incredibly sad and makes them look worse than the people criticizing them
>>
File: yep.jpg (8KB, 122x191px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
8KB, 122x191px
>>86747687
>I just hate how aggressive the scheduling is.
agreed. people are right to complain about how stale it can be or applaud how funny it can be. though the entertainment is hit or miss.
when it was first announced, i thought the show was gonna be comfy. not at all that serious but not lacking a complete heart or depth.
the jokes aimed at older audiences which kids cannot get threw me off when they kept doing them.
especially the multiple episodes aimed at people who hate the show.
i think the reason CNN is pushing so hard for it is because they want to sell toys and merchandise based on an older brand because the original teen titans has a large following.
>>
>>86737255
I don't hate it, it's just not for me. I'll watch it if nothing's on, just to see why this deserves 5 seasons. The biggest thing I have against this show is that there is literally no reason in rebooting this if the only aspect from the original is the voices of the characters. This show could have maintained its current formula, and do this just as well with an original idea. It would STILL WORK.
>>
>>86747140
Ke
>>
>>86737255
It's one thing to make a new parody show, it's another to constantly taunt the old audience and basically spit on their faces.
>>
>>86737255
People like to get mad at things for no reason.
>>
People would not hate it as much if it didn't get the Spongebob treatment. Cartoon Network, both old and new, has a big library of cartoons. It does piss you off even if you like the show that it is on as much as it is. Things like Adventure Time only get to put their new episode just once on their schedule, without reruns for any new or old episodes. Pretty much if your stuff isn't Steven Universe, Gumball, Clarence, Neo Powerpuff Girls, and We Bare Bears, it won't get slots or reruns, and even those don't get air space as much as Teen Titans Go.
>>
>>86737255

the humor is too mean-spirited for my tastes. not only in the way the creators roast people who don't like the show, but in the way that the characters treat each other too. Starfire would never bully Robin in the comics the same way she has in ttgo
>>
>>86745287
That wouldn't fix the fundamental problems with the show.
>>
>>86747749

>I'm surprised the Titans haven't taken on the evil 4cent 500 corporation

They kinda did with "Beast Man"
>>
>>86737255
Imagine taking Game of Thrones, with it's plot and continuity and character development, and turning it into Spongebob.

We're also angry because we didn't need yet another Spongebob clone. We wanted our original show back.

We're further angry because the original show left itself unconcluded. A returning show would got our hopes up for it's conclusion, but we didn't get that.

That is why we are angry, because that is what happened to our show, Teen Titans.

And if you can't understand why we'd be angry from that example, then you are without hope.
>>
>>86751358
Funny, I find the recent writing behind the normal Teen Titans comic far worse than the shit TTG pushes out. You want to talk about unresolved plots and character abuse?

READ A BOOK!
>>
>>86737895
Except that literally happened with berserk a couple months ago...
>>
>>86737255
I like it. It feels like what an [as] show would be if it was forced to be PG
>>
>>86744618
>strawman
Except there was never any argument on here besides "NOT MUH TITANS"
>>
>>86737255
DC Nation had a sort of super deformed style of the old show. We were told that it was being turned into it's own show. People expected the style and character driven humor not to change.
>>
>>86737255
Don't worry what other people think. If you like it, then watch it. I like it for the simple fact that I can watch it with my kid.
>>
>>86740633
>Pretentious
Nice meme my bro. You should do the sad frog meme next.
>>
>>86755203
Leave Pepe out of this you faggot.
>>
File: muhtitans.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
muhtitans.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>86751747
This is the same shit that is like of the Kingdom Hearts series. Instead of making a consitant stream of animated shows/ games of said content, you alter the flow by maker fans of said content moved to an entirely different medium JUST so you can continue where you last started. Yet exactly what happened when KH did this? Confused the ever living fuck out of the fanbase, and ultimately left itself scarred doing so. This is the same case telling someone to go find a comic when you're expecting a fully animation cartoon. It's not the same experience. It's not the same damn thing, even if it technically is, story/plot wise.
>>86751358
This is basically the gist of it. If TTG had just been its own thing and not once pander to the old show's existence, especially to make fun of it, none of this backlash would even exist as badly as it is currently right now. This is how all reboots show go the route of, but near all of them fall for this trap and thus, turn to absolute shit of mishmash of "muh nostalgia, but let's fuck over that to carter to the nuGen too."
>>
File: 735.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
735.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>86747140
>>
>>86746519
>Mad Mod
>better than Girl's Night Out

No
>>
>TeenTitansNO!.png
>>
>>86740693
>waffles

see? it's not funny.
>>
>>86757015
Kingdom Hearts makes my inner fantasy nerd weep. It has so much potential, and it's all shat upon by retarded lore that's spread over a dozen different consoles and books.

KH is an example of a setting that should be allowed to be ripped off for things like tabletop RPG campaigns. It's not like the original creators managed to do anything proper with it!
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.