[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck go people pretend these are good? It's literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Treehouse_of_horror.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Treehouse_of_horror.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
why the fuck go people pretend these are good? It's literally just Twilight Zone episodes starring Simpsons characters
>>
File: 1467393295107.png (35KB, 246x205px)
1467393295107.png
35KB, 246x205px
>It's literally just Twilight Zone episodes starring Simpsons characters
Well, see, I like that, but I wouldn't mind hearing what you think would be better
>>
>>86705646
A good show starring the characters of an even better show?
>>
>>86705646
>It's literally just Twilight Zone episodes starring Simpsons characters
And this is a bad thing how?
>>
>>86705646
>>86705729
>>86705832
>>86705864
The newer ones are basically That Horror Movie From Two Years Ago That Underperformed And Was Forgotten About Starring The Simpsons
>>
>>86705864
because it's just empty "HEY LOOK AT THING, YOU RECOGNIZE THING!" referances instead of actual jokes.
I can't think of a single one of these that made me laugh after the third one
>>
>>86705876
>the newer ones
Who cares? Everything zombie simpsons is shit.
>>
>>86705646
OP do you understand the concept of parodies?
you are too much on le MUH ORIGINAL CONTENT that when you see some references or parody it's automatically not good?
>>
>>86705913
it requires jokes for it to be considered a parody
>>
>>86705892
You're crazy then, and worse you're pigeon-holing every ToH segment as a Twilight Zone parody.
>>
>>86705892
stop playing the hipster faggot, with your argument so every parodies are bad now.
you are literally playing the nazi with a comedy genre.
>>
>>86705927
BUT THERE ARE JOKES! you really think the Homer donut head was on the original twilight zone episode stupid?
>>
>>86705927
>series gave us one of the greatest punchlines ever with "Flanders was a zombie?"
>apparently that wasn't a joke this whole time
>>
What's your favourite classic ToH, /co/?
I always liked The Raven, but there are so many brilliant moments in each of them that I couldn't say for sure.
>the toppings contain potassium benzoate
>>
>>86705646
Because Twilight Zone episodes with the Simpsons is a great idea.

I only watch them at Halloween though, any other time just feels wrong.
>>
>>86706005
Bart Simpson's Dracula, including the opening. Why was Homer so great in that segment?
>"Kill my boss?! Do I dare live out the American Dream?"

Second place is The Island of Dr. Hibbert, solely for this:

>"HOY EUGH NO er, Wait a minute now! Guess what? I'm dying ah-oh-heugh. With the basting, and the butterballing and the chestnut stuffing in my popeckt! Gobble gobble gobble-DEATH!"

Third is the time-traveling toster one.
>>
The older ones are funny, back when they were fun "what-ifs" and parodies of things that are normally too unrealistic to parody in the normal episodes, until a certain point where it became a test of how unnecessarily gory they can be.
>>
Riddle me this, Simpsons fans.
Have there ever been a "The Incredible Melting Man" spoof?
I just saw it today and it seems like something Simpsons would parody.
>>
>>86705646
There's been a few good ones over the years, mainly back before the halfway point, so many, many years ago.

The Simpsons should have been put out to pasture a decade ago, at least.
>>
>>86706005
They need to bring back the framing device.
>>
>>86707030
it was hard for them to fit it in during the classic seasons where they didn't have to give so much time to commercials, as well as come up with a new framing device everytime. Now its next to impossible.
>>
I always felt like the Treehouse of Horror episodes stayed good for longer than the rest of the show. Sure there was a notable decline, but I remember liking them for several seasons after the rest of the show fell apart.
>>
>>86706005
'Dial Z for Zombies' always places pretty high for me.

I will admit to being mildly unsettled by, believe it or not, the 'Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace' segment. In particular, Martin's 'my dick is caught in the desk' scream as he's killed by Willie .
>>
>>86706005

Time and Punishment, despite it had more sci-fi elements than horror, and The Devil and Homer Simpson.
>>
>>86706232
>I'm the first non-Brazilian person to travel backwards through time!
>>
>>86710910

Correction Homer, you're the second.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.