[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did animation fall so far in the west?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1467857254896.webm (3MB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467857254896.webm
3MB, 504x360px
Look at this old commercial
It's gor better animation than shows nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnhpHCI53KA
>>
>>86699376
This video and image is suspiciously similar to an /a/ thread up right now.
>>
>>86699376
Spooky.
>>
>>86699376
Rising costs of production. Even with modern technology animation is expensive and time consuming.
>>
File: 1475035455225.png (77KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1475035455225.png
77KB, 250x190px
>>86699376

It's almost as if 30 seconds of animation is easier to produce than 11 to 22 minutes of it. We need to get to the bottom of this mystery!
>>
Commercials have always had more budget per minute of animation.

You fucking idiot.

That's why cereal mascot commercials have been feauture quality for the past 30 fucking years. Where have you been living, under a rock?

And furthermore, kill yourself.
>>
File: CupheadFrogBoss2.gif (2MB, 400x466px) Image search: [Google]
CupheadFrogBoss2.gif
2MB, 400x466px
>>86699376
TV corporations have been outsourcing animation since the 1960s. Since today's cartoons are aimed at kids, they know full well they can get away with the absolute minimum effort required to keep them entertained.

>>86700270
>outsourcing tacks on another 5-8 months in the production schedule to ship the storyboards/finished animations back and forth overseas
Wow it's almost like animating the damn cartoons within their country of origin could save time!
>>
>>86700317
>getting this triggered
Take your own advice
>>
>>86699376

A really masterful, veteran animator could bang the above commercial out in a couple of months or so. Writing him a check for $15k to that then another $5k to get it colored in Korea and edited together*sounds like they spent some money on some good voice actors though) is cheaper than putting together a studio and having 11 animators working round the clock on all aspects of a show.
>>
>>86699376
That old school shit was so badass. I remember watching the old Disney cartoons. The details in the background. The artistry was like nothing else. Now it's so simple. Computers do all the work I guess. Like, it has no heart now
>>
Why is Robin wearing a crucifix around his neck?
>>
File: crusader_rabbit-color.jpg (73KB, 550x396px) Image search: [Google]
crusader_rabbit-color.jpg
73KB, 550x396px
Several things
1) It's a commercial, less time, more effort on existing time
2) It's from a company that had money coming in like crazy to produce cartoons so they could afford it
3) It was one of those studios that were churning out stuff for the theaters instead of just the home television. You want to see the kind of stuff going to direct to tv?

Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brIA3Va-x-o
>>
>>86699376
Commercials, especially animated ones back then, often have the same budget put into them as a 22 minute episode of a show. Take into consideration that budget is being poured into 30 seconds rather than stretched out across 22 minutes.
>>
File: batman37.jpg (244KB, 1600x1233px) Image search: [Google]
batman37.jpg
244KB, 1600x1233px
John Celestri did those commercials. He has a blog and have posted some behind the scene stuff (rough sketches, animation frames, etc). Might be of interest to someone.
>>
>>86706297
Why does this make me think of Nu Pogodi?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.