[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a good father, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Was he a good father, /co/?
>>
>>86697627
No, he was a shit father.
>>
>>86697627
He tried
>>
>>86697627
>Only one of three kids ever managed a stable family. Only two of them manged to do decent with their career paths in life.
>One of them didn't even manage a decent career, or do anything notable, she just ran around the world and did fuck all, teaching nobody and doing nothing of interest.
>Two out of three kids were bitter with the mentality of children into their goddamn FIFTIES.

Him and Katara both must've been pretty shit.
>>
Depends on who you ask. According to Tenzin he was a terrific father. Ask either of his other kids and they'll tell you he could have been better, but they understood, at least once they grew up, that he had a lot on his plate.
>>
He was. His kids were just ungrateful little shits.
>>
>>86697627
I have no doubt he loved his kids and wanted the best for them. Doesn't necessarily make him a good dad, but he put forth an effort. He probably got super enthused about saving his race after Katara squeezed out a couple of duds and inadvertently created a messed up sibling dynamic by giving Tenzin special attention.

He really should have been teaching ALL his kids airbending stuff, even if only one could use it effectively. It's still a whole philosophy and style of fighting that works even if you can't shoot wind out your ass. And teaching the philosophy does a little more to save your culture than producing A SINGLE AIRBENDING OFFSPRING and basically just passing your burden entirely onto him. I mean, really, Tenzin started off no better than Aang in the "save your people" department. Probably worse even, but he had the sense to marry a normie and keep her pregnant.
>>
File: 1475357261462.jpg (163KB, 900x493px) Image search: [Google]
1475357261462.jpg
163KB, 900x493px
>>86697627
He was stuck in a terrile situation. He had to pass down all the teachings of thousands of years of airbending to only one of his kids while at the same time raising a multi cultural family. So of course he had to favor one kid over the others. Add that to his avatar duties and you've got a less than ideal familiy situation. (not to mention that he isn't familiar with the concept of traditional families)

Katara may have been his forever girl but he would have been way happier marrying an air acolyte.

>>86698408
>>Two out of three kids were bitter with the mentality of children into their goddamn FIFTIES.
And ironically the only one whose biggest fear and darkest memory involved Aang was Tenzin.
>>
>>86698740
>Probably worse even, but he had the sense to marry a normie and keep her pregnant.

Only after spending years in a childless relationship with an earthbender well up into his late 30s
>>
>>86699156
He learned his lesson eventually. It was probably actually around the time Aang died and he thought "oh shit, it's all on me now and I don't have a single heir". Learning from his father's mistakes, he married a nonbender so as to not taint the genepool with garbage bending.
>>
File: part2-page68.jpg (152KB, 655x984px) Image search: [Google]
part2-page68.jpg
152KB, 655x984px
>>86697627
At least he wasn't Toph.

Zuko is the only good gaang parent. Sokka could be but apparently he died childless.
>>
>>86699761
>childless
>implying suyin is not toph and sokka's child
>>
He was a great father to Tenzin, at least. A good father to Lin, too, because there's decent odds she's his.
>>
>>86697627
Yes.

A father needs to work hard, provide for the wife and kids, set an example for the children as to how a good man behaves (so the boys grow up to be good men and the girls don't involve themselves with bad men), and maybe spend a little time with the kids bonding.

Ang did all of those things. The fact that he spent a little more time bonding with Tenzin doesn't matter.

Now, was Katara a good mother? That is a more interesting question.
>>
File: jjj laugh.webm (2MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
jjj laugh.webm
2MB, 1280x536px
>>86697627
>>
>>86699856

This, Tenzin and his siblings upbringing was Katara's responsibility
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (31KB, 607x349px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
31KB, 607x349px
>>86699761
>>
I don't think Airbending philosophy and how he grew up was really condusive to a nuclear family type situation, and being the avatar probably put a lot of strain on his and his kid's relationships. I honestly think he did the best he could.

Toph was the one that should never have even had kids.
>>
>>86699877
Pretty dick move for Tenzin to laugh at his dad
>>
>>86699897
>"It's Zuko time!"
>"Thanks, dad."

:)
>>
>>86697627
For the sake of the Air Nomads he should have gone the harem route
>>
>>86699971
But "muh forever girl"
>>
>>86699128
>sokka never dumped seed into suki making samurai warriors

the shows wasted potential hurts

>>86698740
It was canon that he taught non benders (the airbending island) about air nomad culture i assume his kids gravitated towards their mother and uncle. Obviously Bumi didn't learn about war from his father or mother.
>>
>>86699971
>>86700046
Bryke really didn't think that through, did they? I have to think that in a more "realistic" scenario Aang would have at least slept around a little before marrying Katara, purely for the purposes of procreation. You can't fucking risk that she'll pop out nothing but waterbenders. The entire Avatar Cycle is riding on there being more airbenders, you have to do what you have to do.
>>
>>86700082
Aang was firmly dedicated to his culture, he was already breaking norms by living as a family unit. So it would make sense for him to sleep around because family units did not exist. but I'm sure polygamy is a hard thing to sell to executives.
>>
>>86700082
>I have to think that in a more "realistic" scenario Aang would have at least slept around a little before marrying Katara, purely for the purposes of procreation
He was already dating her since the end of the war, he simply should have tried for at least two more kids.
>>
>>86700074
>gravitated towards their mother and uncle
You mean their mother and father.
>>
>>86700449
Bumi was confirmed Aang's after the spiritpocalypse gave him and all of his bastards airbending powers.
>>
Better than Toph apparently.
>>
>>86700484
That makes a lot of assumptions about how that bullshit works, but then again so does making Bumi and incest love child. The latter is more fun though. And hotter.
>>
>>86700082

Having a harem of Kyoshi Island/air acolyte girls makes sense but it is not TV-friendly
>>
>>86700642
>Kyoshi Island

Would they have done it?

WHO would have done it? We could talk about this until the end of the thread. Who would have been up for it?
>>
>>86700689
Probably a ton of randos. Kyoshi warriors shouldn't do it as they have other shit to do. But everyone else ain't doin' shit, and should be honored to part their legs for the Avatar.
>>
>>86699928
kek
>>
>>86700822
Toph might have been up for it. On the one hand, she wouldn't have wanted to upset Katara. On the other hand, she doesn't really seem to have given a shit, and she seems to have loved to fuck.
>>
>>86697627
What's with the tiny picture?
>>
>>86701003
How much older is Bumi supposed to be than his siblings? He looks like he should have had plenty of quality time with Aang before Tenzin could even start training properly. Probably was old enough to set out on his own by that point too.
>>
>>86701003
I was actually disappointed they made Bumi and airbender. Being a nonbender myself, I couldn't help but feel insulted that they felt the need to give him superpowers to make him useful.
>>
>>86701003
DELETE THIS
>>
>>86701092
#NonbendersLiveMatter
#AmonWasRight
>>
>>86697627
Yes, he raised his boy right and turned him into a good man.
His wife's other kids were doomed by their incestuous origins.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.