[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Cartoon Network ever play any of their old shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 2.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
10KB, 284x178px
Why doesn't Cartoon Network ever play any of their old shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog even though it's near Halloween? Why do they always play the same shows over and over again? Other networks don't have this problem and will vary it up even if they have to show something like Seinfeld from 30 years ago, even Adult Swim doesn't suffer from this problem as much as CN.
>>
>>86682145
They railroaded much of their older shows to their Boomerang channel at first, then they turned that channel into a dumping ground for shit that is not even old enough to be played next to the Hanna Barbera, Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, Bob Clampett, MGM, etc. nor around the time of the first and second wave of their Cartoons Cartoons stuff.
>>
File: SH017123260000.jpg (31KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
SH017123260000.jpg
31KB, 240x360px
I was going to say that they air them on Boomerang until I looked at their schedule. During the day, it's the exact same thing, except the shows are the reboots of older shows.
>>
>>86682145
because everyone can already watch them on-line
re-runs of old shows have notoriously bad ratings
>>
>>86682218

why wouldn't kids like Courage the Cowardly Dog or any of those other shows from that era?

I also remember back in around 2010, CN spammed Courage on the schedule even though the show ended 7 or 8 years before it.
>>
File: Cartoon_Planet_2012.png (161KB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon_Planet_2012.png
161KB, 410x230px
They did back in 2012-2014 with Cartoon Planet. I don't know how well the ratings were with that, but even that turned to shit once they started to add that Annoying Orange show and Teletoon reruns
>>
>>86682251
Because those shows aren't as good.
>>
>>86682271
courage the cowardly dog,johnny bravo, or ed, edd, n eddy isn't as good as teen titans go or steven universe?
>>
Yeah I dunno. CN in general has been so weird for the past couple years to me. I mean overall I guess it's been weird for like 10 years now but especially since they canned all those DC shows and decided to start showing nothing but the most samey-looking shit.

Like god damn for the past year or 2 every time I browse through the CN schedule there's absolutely nothing interesting, not for me at least, nothing that can remotely be an action cartoon or any of those good older ones. My CN is some european version so maybe I have it worse than americans but shit, it's SUCH a wasteland now more than ever before.
Like shit, i don't even see any Ben 10 anymore though it wasn't anything amazing just better than usual stuff like Angelo Rules and Clarence.
>>
>>86682145
they dont pander to 90s kids like nick is doing now
>>
>>86682145
in my country do they
>>
>>86682336
cartoons are shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.