[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Hearts Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: wp_03_800x600.jpg (226KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wp_03_800x600.jpg
226KB, 800x600px
How would you improve Sora's characterization in KH?

It's no shock that Nomura fucked up by making Riku superior and made Sora too dumb to live. One of the worst things you can do is make your protagonist unappealing.

Anyway time for a comfy KH thread /co/.
>>
At this point, I wouldn't change significantly Sora's characterization; his personality is sealed by now, and it's too late for a massive character development to take place.
What I would do is try to make him a little more bearable by doing the following: Make him a lot less preachy about friendship (showing he can talk seriously about other topics), and more resourceful in dealing with enemies (he doesn't have to be TOO smart; he just has to show he still has a head above his shoulders).
>>
>>86659363

We will probably get the Davy Jones duology for Pirates in 3, which will involve shit like temporarily losing Jack, being unable to save the town where Elizabeth's father was, and losing Will possibly forever.
>>
File: 1473930941673.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
1473930941673.gif
3MB, 222x379px
>>86658679
I actually like Sora's charismatic upbeat attitude.
>>
Simple, really. Don't push "Dora isn't even special, he's not chosen, Riku's the real chosen one" thing as anything more than Xehanoodle's dumb preconception. Sora already proved himself as the real chosen hero in KH1 back in Hollow Bastion by virtue of his character.

Going back on that 100% and saying that he's actually just some kid who happened to get the keyblade and that there's nothing actually special there is dumb, and only works if it's just Xylophone not able to understand purity of heart because he's a total knob.
>>
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
>>86660224
MY HEARTS' A BATTLE GROUND
>>
>>86658679
Anyone else feel that the KH series would have flopped if an OC wasn't the protagonist? Sora is like a vehicle to connect with childhood characters. None of that would be felt with Mickey as the protagonist.

It's just that nowadays KH3 and forward will be focusing on the childhoods of the generation who is in love with Frozen.
>>
>>86660382

What about Castle of Illusion and Magical Quest?
>>
File: Kingdom Hearts Lore 2.png (68KB, 1566x430px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Hearts Lore 2.png
68KB, 1566x430px
The plot went full retard after KH1, and for a series that emphasizes Friendship as one of the driving forces the partners in gameplay have been doing a whole lot of nothing after Chain of Memories. Seriously, in KH2 Donald and Goofy exist purely to fuel your Drive forms. They were at least semi-competent in KH1 and Trinity Limit is ridiculous in CoM.

Also, why does Kairi still exist? She has less character than a wet paper bag. Even Namine has more personality than her. She's a plot device whose only purpose is to give Sora the Oathkeeper. We all know Sora's lusting over Riku anyway, so she doesn't need to exist.

Also, does anyone actually fucking die in this series? People sent to the realm of darkness, no matter their alignment or importance to the plot (Sora, Riku, Ansem, Maleficent, Xehanort, you name it) always come back.

>>86659427
I thought Nomura said no more live action worlds because of their poor reception in KH2 and DDD.
>>
>>86658679
>Riku is literally better than Sora in every way
Wasn't this always the case
>>
>>86662306
>does anyone actually fucking die
Not since it was revealed that when a person's Heartless and Nobody are killed they come back to life
>>
>>86664463
But only if the Heartless is killed first, and it could potentially be some mook like how Sora turned into a Shadow. Not everyone can be Ansem-tier.
>>
>>86660382

>It's just that nowadays KH3 and forward will be focusing on the childhoods of the generation who is in love with Frozen.

Ditto. KH3 is going to be a fucking mess what with pandering to recent films the older audience since 1 in 2002 probably don't care about while meanwhile you have a plot and themes waaaaay too complex for the kiddies who want to see Frozen and Big Hero 6's brains.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.