[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is he a cape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Conan_02.jpg (31KB, 438x571px) Image search: [Google]
Conan_02.jpg
31KB, 438x571px
is he a cape?
>>
>>86642310
No, he's a barbarian.
>>
>>86642326
Pretty sure he's a destroyer.
>>
>>86642344
pretty sure he's a Cimmerian
>>
no, conan isnt cape shit.
>>
>>86642373
pretty sure he's a conqueror
>>
>>86642388
why not? what does capeshit have that he doesn't?
>>
>>86642413
For starters he isnt a vigilante. He's been a pirate, a mercenary, a general and a king among other things but conan doesnt give a fuck about the law. The concept doesnt even register to him. He also doesnt have a costume, at least in the original stories. He might be clad in chainmail or a cloak in one story and nude the next, but he never has some goofy spandex jump suit or anything similar. You could argue that the loin cloths modern depictions always show him in counts but I think that'd be stretching it.
>>
File: Coldsteel the Punisher.jpg (739KB, 1280x1983px) Image search: [Google]
Coldsteel the Punisher.jpg
739KB, 1280x1983px
is he a cape?
>>
>>86642310
Nah.

>>86642633
This. Conan also wouldn't hesitate to split your skull open if you pissed him off. Unlike the average "modern" superhero.
>>
File: Dale.jpg (91KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dale.jpg
91KB, 1440x1080px
>>86642310
is he a cape?
>>
Cape: A cape is a sleeveless outer garment, which drapes the wearer's back, arms and chest, and fastens at the neck.
>>
>>86642310
He's a loincloth.
>>
>>86642762
>>86642633

> conan doesnt give a fuck about the law. The concept doesnt even register to him.
>Conan also wouldn't hesitate to split your skull open if you pissed him off. Unlike the average "modern" superhero.

Because Conan was an implicitly Nietzschean sort of hero. That's why he rises above an conquers all. He's an ubermensch that rejects the arbitrary laws and conventions of mankind.
>>
>>86642391
Pretty sure he's a slayer.
>>
File: bran+mak.jpg (32KB, 400x315px) Image search: [Google]
bran+mak.jpg
32KB, 400x315px
I wish bran mak morn would get more adaptations.
>>
>>86645094
Don't try to use words you don't understand in an attempt to sound smart. It has the opposite effect.
>>
>>86645094
Conan can barely even be described as a hero. He rarely saves the day intentionally. Usually he does it for pussy, pay, or because the sorcerer went out of his way to piss him off. In one story conan murdered a merchant ship captain in cold blood to use his crew for reaving and to keep the woman as a sex slave, and was only a 'hero' because the island where he did it happened to have weird black (but not like negros) statues that kidnapped people to make them into more not negro statues. Conan was pretty much entirely self interested.
>>
>>86645117
Pretty sure he's a freebooter.
>>
>>86642310
No, he's goddamn Conan.
>>
>>86642310
Maybe when he becomes king
>>
cape is a very specific genre. just because something features heros and super powers doesnt make it cape. you wouldnt say lotr's is cape
>>
A lot of lazy comic creators structure various genres as if they are superhero stories (some of the weaker Jonah Hex comics are guilty of this, for example). From my experience Conan books are rarely guilty of this, perhaps because low fantasy/sword and sorcery tropes have such a long history and have aged pretty well.

And that's one reason that Conan fucks bitches.
>>
Conan, based on the chronology of his character, DOES become far more heroic in his later years. He starts as a brutal savage who gives into a rapeful lust (Frost Giant's Daughter) into a mercenary and by the final Conan story (Hour of the Dragon) he gives up the chance to be a barbarian again to go save his lost kingdom rather than let a cruel tyrant take over. It wasn't even for selfish reasons, the text made it clear he was being altruistic at the time.

But otherwise, he's only a hero by default or by necesity
>>
>>86645381
Pretty sure he's a king
>>
>>86646427
Pretty sure he's a wanderer
>>
He made a great librarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_the_Librarian
>>
>>86642310
Not even close.
>>
>>86642373
He's an Aquilonian
>>
>>86645374
She wasn't a sex slave, she consented and had been trying to seduce him the whole trip.

Stop trying to make Conan sound edgier than he is. He never raped anyone, he never kept sex slaves, he tended to not like slavery in general and he was a merciful leader who cared for his soldiers and citizen's well being.
>>
>>86642633
Someone didn't read the Marvel Conan comics.

Remember the time he became a pimp and tried to take over New York?
>>
>>86648079
I only read that story once a long time ago because it was shit, but if I'm not mistaken she was the captains slave and became conans when he became the new captain
>>
>>86648139
he didn't become a pimp, he just styled himself like one
>>
>>86642310
No, it's called pulp fantasy.

Plus, there's no morality in his stories, he's a character, neither hero nor villain, hence, so he can't be cape.

The question itself is retarded.
>>
>>86647169
Pretty sure he's the Govenator!
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.