[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Superman takes family to Hamilton County Fair >Lois invites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: DC_Universe_Rebirth_Special.jpg (72KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Universe_Rebirth_Special.jpg
72KB, 400x296px
>Superman takes family to Hamilton County Fair
>Lois invites Bruce and Diana to dinner
>Wonder Woman fighting evil gods to save Steve
>Batman being an actual detective
>Terry is Batman in the future again

Based DC. What the hell went right? Especially with Trinity titles.
>>
Pandering to neck beard nostalgiafags and removing any kind of political commentary and socialy relavent topics. Also having mostly samey art style across most of the books.
>>
>>86640957
>Bring back all of the pre-flashpoint stuff that people liked.
>Keep the stuff from the New 52 that worked.
>Bring in some new concepts that people have been clamoring for for years.

Lots of things, take your pick.
>>
>>86640957
Superman is a complete stranger to Batman and Wonder Woman

This is what's wrong with all of this.
>>
>>86641093
>removing any kind of political commentary and socialy relavent topics
Good. I dont want to read cuckold propaganda for the billionth time.

Also, Dr Fate and Nightwing.

>>86641180
But there´s a reason for that.
>>
>>86641155
But they are avoiding any kind of political or social commentary. It's like they watch all people that complained about social justice or liberal politics of any kind on the internet and decided to listen to them. I mean for the most part.

This isn't bait, it's just fact.
>>
>>86641093
Political commentary on comic books is atrocious. These are characters who live in fictional reality, not to the shitty one like ours. DC did the right thing, bringing back these iconic characters to what they make them great and popular in the 1st place, instead of killing them off, or replacing them with a group of SWJ's compatible no ones.
>>
>>86641227
>But they are avoiding any kind of political or social commentary.
They arent. They are making comics that arent "vote for Hillary" ads.

> It's like they watch all people that complained about social justice or liberal politics of any kind on the internet and decided to listen to them.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>86641316
They aren't making comics that are "vote for Trump" either. They are apolitical for the most part for now

And no, in the short term that isn't a bad thing. Long term though I wouldn't look favorably if they just ignored things that are occurring in the real world and just stook to fantasy escapism for manchild such as myself. They just have to do it with a lot more tack and subtlety then Marvel
>>
>>86640957
'Member when superheroes went out and saved the world instead of dicking around?
>>
>>86641316
>>86641458
The political orientation and morality in most DC heroes is pretty obviously Democrat, they just don't flaunt too much.
>>
>>86641540
I like to think Bruce Wayne votes Libertarian.
>>
>>86641458
>They aren't making comics that are "vote for Trump" either.
Never implied that. The few times they do get political is against Trump mostly. Like Nightwing and Dr Fate.

> They are apolitical for the most part for now
They do make comentary though, but do you really read comics for this?

> Long term though I wouldn't look favorably if they just ignored things that are occurring in the real world and just stook to fantasy escapism for manchild such as myself.
In the end, these are comics about superheroes so, even with a realistic approach, there will be some fantasy escapism involved and it´s fine. That said, I´d rather them ignore reality completely than going full cuck like they do when they try to make a commentary.
>>
>>86641458

DC knows how to make things long term . Just look at the long list of classics they have people still read 30 years after they were published. Marvel are the kings of short term and it's why they usually beat DC in floppies but lag far behind them in trades
>>
>>86641458
>Aquaman has all that commentary regarding American foreign policy and foriegn terrorism
>Green Arrow fighting evil super bankers
>Deathstroke manipulating American and international politicians and warlords for his own benefit
>how far people are willing to go to protect their own asses in All Star Batman
>all that BLM in Dark Knight 3
>Wonder Woman's two parallel arcs specifically addressing a) how our military reacts to powers they cant understand ans b) how religion is manipulated to oppress people
>That jab at American healthcare in Harley Quinn

And thats just off the top of my head. Just because DC's political messages are subtle or grander in scope than "durr we need black iron man again" doesnt mean they arent there you shit posting fag
>>
>>86641570
He fucking hates guns.
>>
And all that crying about them getting rid of legacy characters when rebirth first dropped.

>They made Kid Wally just as prominent as Wally
>Jaime has another ongoing
>Ryan Choi just got brought back for the first time in forever

Aren't there two Dr. Fates running around and one is an Egyptian kid?
>>
>>86641629
>DC is liberal
wtf, i hate dc now
>>
>>86641629

Nah see it's not political if it's subtle and actually good. It has to be complete on the nose shit like Modok Trump
>>
>>86640957
Too bad none of it is worth reading.
>>
>>86641652

Yeah the Egyptian kid is the main Fate for now will the original is his uncle
>>
>>86641540
>this is what liberals actually believe
Batman is practically the mascot of the Republican Party.
>>
>>86641704
t. marveldrone
>>
>>86641705

That's pretty cool actually, I didn't know they were related. Are they interacting in his book?
>>
>>86641677
>It's not political if it's subtle

I see this sentiment a lot on /co/ and to be honest it is retarded. Because a sentiment is understated does not mean that it does not exist. Making a story political does not intrinsically lower its value as a piece of art, as so many people seem to think.

I would probably disagree with Bill Willingham when it comes to Israel, but if his politics influenced his story it certainly did not affect its quality. The same goes for early Frank Miller and Ellis, who tell engaging stories that are explicitly political in nature. Half of Transmet is talking about corruption in media and government.

At times people on /co/ seem to think that because something is automatically not vague or neutral it's inherently fucked.
>>
>>86641704
Marvel drone please. Enjoy your NOW NOW, and for how many times Marvel is going to use "now" yet, but not about quality "now".
>>
>>86640957
>Superman takes family to County fair
This is why I hate modern Superman. When will he start using Web shooters?
>>
File: batmanhatestrump.jpg (127KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
batmanhatestrump.jpg
127KB, 500x412px
>>86641711
>>
>>86641754

Yeah Kent is teaching him how to work with the helmet since it cant really be mastered. I think it only has a couple more issues left though. I think it's the last survivor of the DCYou era
>>
>>86641754
Yes, for the last few issues it has been the old one mentoring the new one.
>>
>>86641795
Someone post that Muhammad panel from Holy Terror.
>>
>>86641631
He doesn't USE guns. But he's also been shown in canon as being a crack shot.

I'm pretty sure of all people Batman can fucking see that gun control won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals, considering how often bad guys get guns in situations where they shouldn't be able to.

And he'd also prefer a situation where a good guy defends himself from a criminal with a gun.
>>
>>86641795
when that comic was published that was Republican as fuck.

Klansmen used to be a vigilante arm of the Democratic Party, remember
>>
>>86641849
Frank Miller =/= Batman
>>
>>86640957
Can someone explain? Last I read Superman's new last name was White, in honor of Perry, now it's Smith. What did I miss?
>>
>>86641914
>>86641631
his batplan and batmobile and even his batcycle all have guns on them. Batman hates crime is what he hates.
>>
>>86641711
>adopts a bunch of underprivileged children
>goes against corrupt politicians and criminals
>has a boner for MUH MORALES
>even builds a watchtower for a bunch of assholes in weird gettups

sure sounds liberal to me
>>
>>86641217
>I dont want to read cuckold propaganda for the billionth time.
When have you ever read that from DC ever
>>
>>86641940
That comic didn't come out THAT long ago.
>>
>>86641227
>>86641458
What the fuck is Prez then? Just a bunch of silly visuals?
>>
>>86640957
It's not perfect but DC managed to make their capeshit mostly fun again
>>
Look at it like this: DC chose to go with Rebirth instead of "Identity Crisis II".
>>
>>86644406
oh yeah, fucking Prez. The most political comic currently out

>>86641227
>>86644406

Don't forget Flinstones too.
>>
>>86641093
damn why u salty marlelfag
>>
>>86641093
want some salt with your salt?
>>
>>86644653
Aside from "co doesn't read comics," I think it's sometimes forgotten in these divisive times that political doesn't always mean partisan. I only read the first few issues of Prez, and it definitely had a left leaning pov, but it and Flintstones were/are more concerned with the general lampooning of absurdity in modern life, society, and politics rather than any targeted partisan message.
>>
>>86641093
>removing any kind of political commentary and socialy relavent topics
You mean they removed all the retarded "trending" bullshit that would make the story dated and tiresome? GOOD.
>>
>>86644732
yes, thank you for your comment. literally the most quality post in this thread (I know it sounds sarcastic but I am being actually sincere)
>>
>>86644033
Intergang found him towards the end of the mini, so they had to abandon that indentity. Helps that their house got destroyed during Superleague.
So, now they're in upstate New York.
>>
>>86644876
Thanks.
>>
>>86641940
Yes, like a hundred years ago. Also, before all the racist Democrats switched parties and became Republicans.

C'mon, man, nobody with two brain cells buys that "party of Lincoln" bullshit.

Anyways, back to comics!
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.