[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Maybe I have a bad memory or I just wasn't paying attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

File: dcyou3-horz-630x476.jpg (93KB, 630x476px) Image search: [Google]
dcyou3-horz-630x476.jpg
93KB, 630x476px
So

Maybe I have a bad memory or I just wasn't paying attention back then, but where there a ton of anti-DC shitposting back when DCyou wasn't doing very well from the Marvelfags? Because all the pro-DC/anti-Marvel shitposting of the past few months is really getting on my nerves and I want to judge whether /co/ is just largely pro-DC or just pro-shitposting for either side
>>
/co/'s comics side is very pro-DC, and loved DC You
>>
>>86638392
I'm a long-time Marvel guy (or at least used to be, I'm really not a fan of current year Marvel), so my view on things is probably biased, but the way I see it, Marvel fans complain a lot when Marvel is fucking up, and are mostly silent when all is well.

DC fans are more the other way around. When DC is floundering, there usually aren't many complaints (other than "not muh" type stuff) and they just go on reading their comics and discussing them as if nothing is wrong. But when they're doing something they think is great, they won't stop talking about it and /co/ is full of multiple threads about it all day every day.

DC has been the smaller of the Big Two for pretty much as long as they existed and apart from Superman and Batman has rarely been able to compete with Marvel on a level playing field, so I suppose that naturally gives DC fans an underdog mentality.
>>
File: CW II issue 5.png (1MB, 1308x954px) Image search: [Google]
CW II issue 5.png
1MB, 1308x954px
>>86638392
/co/ usually prefers DC to Marvel, however in this period DC is putting out a lot of books that range from mediocre to great who are also selling well, while Marvel is stuck with Civil War II who is bad even by Bendis standards and selling less than what editorial expected.
It's a just phase and it's gonna pass as soon as Marvel get their new relaunch out, so don't think too hard about it
>>
DC You bombing was when /co/ went full DCfag I think

/co/ hates Marvel
/co/ has always hated Marvel
>>
A lot of "Comic Journalist" have taken an anti-DC stance in the past years, classifying the comics and the treatment of Characters as
>Edgy
>Immature
>Sexist
>Unimaginative
>run by dudebros who hate Superheroes
While at the same time praising Marvel as the exact opposite.
>>
>>86638392
>>86638479
>>86638685
This is how I know you are all stupid newfags. From 2012-2014 this entire board was constantly filled with MCUdrones who wouldnt do anything but try to shit on DC even though they didn't read comics. Take your victim complex elsewhere. You reap what you sow.
>>
I'm a Marvel guy. Always have been. I don't know if I've ever bought a DC comic. Read some trades form the library, but that's about it. I enjoy them enough, and they've almost always had the better cartoons, but I just care about the marvel universe and its characters more.

That being said, Marvel is the worst its been in a long time right now, and reading some of the DC rebirth stuff makes me really happy for those fans, because it seems like DC is actually caring about what the fans think. Hell, I don't even know that much about Wally, but when he and Barry finally embraced each other, even I thought it was pretty emotional.

There's still a few good Marvel comics I'm buying like Carnage, Deadpool, Spidey/Deadpool, but the majority is not good.
>>
I really hate /co/'s obsession with sales numbers.

I feel it's been hugely intensified because of the /tv/ shitposting surrounding the cape movies, where apparently RT scores and revenue figures are the only way to judge the quality of a movie. Not to mention it caused console wars mentalities to flare up to a record height.
>>
>>86638661
>being this delusional
>>
>>86638715
>MCU

not the same thing, /tv/-kun. We are talking exclusively about the comics. All the shitposting about the MCU and the DCEU has come from faggots like you.
>>
>>86638731
Nice arguments, fagtron.
>>
>>86638715
What the fuck are you talking about anon? People were having a blast with Grayson,Superbro and Gordon Bats
>>
>>86638392
Oh yes.
>>
>>86638745
You are a stupid fucking idiot. I'm not "/tv/" faggot I've been here for 7 fucking years. If you'd learn to read I said MCU drones who DIDNT read comics flooded this board and would go into threads from Hypercrisis to storytimes just to shitpost and hate on DC. Don't comment on shit you weren't even here for.
>>
>>86638756
It's just how can you say DC only got Batman and Superman? It's like saying Marvel only got Wolverine and spider-Man.
>>
>>86638762
You mean last year?

>From 2012-2014

Why can't any of you newfags read? Why do you pretend to know anything about how the board was before you came here?
>>
>>86638745
>We are talking exclusively about the comics
You can't talk exclusively about comics anymore, fa/tv/irgins shitposting about movie garbage in comic threads all the time.
>>
>>86638780
Nice reading comprehension, fagtron.
>>
>>86638786
See >>86638774
And learn to read
>>
>>86638804
>fa/tv/irgins shitposting about movie garbage in comic threads all the time
Then why don't you just stop doing that?
>>
>>86638800
It started in 2011 idiot.
>>
>>86638685
I don't think /co/ hates Marvel itself, more they hate the people that run it on the editorial/corporate side and some of the really bad writers and artist like Bendis and Land.
>>
>>86638825
No 2011 was still normies asking questions, 2012 is when the full on smear campaign started and every faggot that saw a MCU movie felt the need to hate DC for no reason.
>>
>>86638774
Please stop shitposting about movies in a comic thread, /tv/.
>>
>>86638824
Your post is also shitposting, you know? And ironic shitposting is still shitposting. So I guess thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>86638847
Youre fucking brain dead. I seriously hope english isnt your first language.
>>
>>86638843
Nice victim complex you've got there.
>people like Marvel movies better than DC movies, this must mean there's a multi-year smear campaign going on because DC can do no wrong!

Also >>>/tv/
>>
>>86638392
/co/ is contrarian by nature. People outside of /co/ hated what DC was doing, so it was natural that /co/ would love it.
>>
>>86638479
first post best post
>>
>>86638865
Ah I see this is a troll thread. Everyone move along.
>>
Nah /co/ adored DCYou.

What I find funny is that every time the monthly sales were posted, everyone would moan and lament about how "comic readers are stupid and good comics like Omega Men, Prez, Midnighter etc. don't sell", but now that Rebirth is doing well and Marvel not so much, it changed to "Rebirth sells so well because it's quality! Marvel doesn't sell because it has shitty comics!". Well, what is it /co/?
>>
>>86638843
No, it started when DC announced the New 52 and by the time they were announcing titles and creative teams DCasual became a popular insult. About a year later marveldrone came into the mix but then there were posters getting banned for using marveldrone as an insult.
>>
File: 1460483555526.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460483555526.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>86638392
Marvel's greater emphasis on social justice, it's latest crossover event/movie tie-in, and cutesy, teenybopper dialogue has turned a lot of anons off to their comics division lately. Meanwhile DC, while still a victim of politics, is starting to try to cultivate fan bases for individual characters again, rather than just their brand.

Changing times, changing feelings. Old as the Earth itself, anon.
>>
>>86638392
/co/ isn't a single individual. I know you think you know this, but you are still trying to understand a complex group of people with thousands of distinct opinions as though they are a single entity.

The trends you see are just people being louder when their opinions are shared, such as when DC or Marvel are doing well. I personally read a handful of comics from both companies but there have been times when I have read almost nothing from DC and there are times when I have read almost nothing from Marvel. The same is true with Dark Horse and Image.
>>
>>86638883
The constant /tv/ threads about which movies got the best Rotten Tomatoes scores and which one grossed the highest like >>86628899 have permanently damaged /co/'s ability to judge comics without first looking at how well it's selling.
>>
>>86638392
>its a newfags try to retroactively ask questions about /co/ and pretend to know anything thread

If you weren't here, you don't know shit.
>>
>>86638715

>>86638685

was a 1984 reference dude

>>86638838

at first but it's growing beyond that stuff like "Character X is a Marvel character so they suck" is more common
>>
>>86638392
>but where there a ton of anti-DC shitposting back when DCyou wasn't doing very well from the Marvelfags?
Yes, there was a ton of shitposting about DCYou, most of it was concentrated on Superman and people calling depowered Supes edgy. It was fucking infuriating.
>>
>>86638924
/tv/ and /pol/ crossboarders are a cancer on this board. Such a huge difference in quality the mcu/dceu threads and other threads that attract /tv/ types and the usually quieter very comic focused threads and storytimes that don't have as much bait potential.
>>
>>86638392
Nopes. Marvel just gets shit cause it's diversity triggers /pol/
>>
>>86638924
I know, I find it baffling how much /co/ suddenly talks about sales and box office as if they're good indicators that something is good.

Last year, if you told someone that Mighty Thor sells because it's good and that Omega Men doesn't sell because it's shit, people would throw a fit. Now suddenly, you all get retards that say Rebirth is selling well because it's super quality. No you retard, it sells because Rebirth had an exceptionally good marketing campaign and because it stars A-listers. Quality has nothing to do with it and the fact that a lot of the comics are good is just a coincidence. If sales equaled quality, The Flintstone wouldn't sell 19k at issue 2 and Omega Men wouldn't have sold 8k every month.
>>
>>86638685
>/co/ has always hated Marvel

Not true. It's just the MCU tainting things.
>>
>>86638992
Well, it's hardly the only reason Marvel gets shit by I think the "social justice" or whatever push from Marvel is greatly amplifying the hatred here.
That and the fact that marvel movies are so popular with normies.
>>
>>86638938
Yes I was. I remember /co/ loving DCyou and bitching about sales but I don't remember is if Marvelfags where shitposting about the sales and declaring DC being BTFO or some such other thing

But who cares about proving I am not a newfag that hasn't been posting here since way back when 52 was still being published; this is an anonymous image board where everyone can pretend to be an oldfag as long as they google old memes and such
>>
>>86638989
Storytimes for non-normie comics are comfy as fuck
>>
>>86639023
I almost forget the normies sometimes
>>
>>86639045
Even for "normie" comics they tend to be good. There's never any shitposting except the rare occasion where some autist gets triggered by something in the comic, and in most cases the worst that happens is that people are just quietly reading the comic instead of discussing it. Storytimes are usually the best threads on /co/.
>>
>>86639038
If you don't remember the flood of shitposting to the point that DC fans couldn't discuss anything then you weren't here. You Marvel "fans" created this culture.
>>
>>86639145
I'll take shit that never happened for 200, Alex.

Seriously bro, you should talk to someone about that persecution complex.
>>
>>86639145
Only in movie threads, /tv/tard. Comic discussion was fine and /co/ was constantly fellating DCYou.
>>
>>86639192
You sound 15. It wasnt only in movies. >>86639183
Not a "victim complex" when it happened. Still dont understand why you newfags are commenting and pretending to know about things you werent here for. You should take these oldfags words as law since they are a first party source instead of just repeatedly saying nuh uh it didnt happen.
>>
>>86639260
>complains about things that didn't happen
>claims to be an oldfag and everyone who disagrees is a newfag

You're either retarded or you've literally only been here for two months and think some mythical oldfag status means everyone should bow down to your bullshit.
>>
>>86639260
You sound like a newfag honestly.

I bet you came here with the BvS release and now you're pretending like you know how /co/ acted to DC last year. /co/ sucked DC dick during DCYou and it's still sucking DC dick with Rebirth, don't even try to pretend differently.
>>
>>86639321
It does mean everyone should bow down and those things did happen for years. Sorry you are too retarded to accept the answer to the OP question.
>>
>>86639345
>everyone should listen to my made-up console wars bullshit because I say so!

Top kek, kiddo. Great shitposting.
>>
>>86638715
I was on /co/ since 2012. It was pretty neutral but became more DC bias when marvel kept getting shittier.
>>
>>86639078
>>86639045
This. Sometimes certain comics attract shitposting - usually seen on very very popular ones that attract non comic readers, or ones where the cover/title shows something "controversial" that acts as bait (I remember the issue of Batgirl that had her kissing a black guy on the cover had a lot of cuckposting), but generally they're great.
>>
>>86639369
I see, you are the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he knows what hes talkig about
>>
>>86638479
DC You was mostly good books. That is the difference.
>>
>>86638661
God Disniggers are disgusting.
>>
>>86639783
Eh some were good, some were meh, I never liked DC You's Aquaman
>>
>>86638715
>implying that ended in 2014
>>
>>86638883
People are celebrating because for once decent comics are selling.

Do you really think Squirrel Girl and the Shithumans are too good to sell?
>>
>>86638661
>DC has been the smaller of the Big Two for pretty much as long as they existed

I wanna have some of what he's smoking
>>
>>86638392
Man, I miss DCYOU, it felt like DC was trying something new, rather than a lot of the retread garbage that's come out of Rebirth. Rebirth has cool shit, obviously, but it feels like they're playing it a lot more safely, and that is a huge bummer.
>>
>>86639817
Nobody liked Bunn's run.
>>
>>86638479

Recently yes. When New 52 first started it was very pro-Marvel in every way. Then after a couple years and as it went into DCYou it became pro-DC. That also helped when Marvel started shitting on their most popular characters due to movie rights and forcing progressive shit.
>>
>>86638479
>Omega Men
>Nightwing
>Prez

so you are surprised people like good comics?
>>
>>86638661
>DC has been smaller of the Big Two
>DC created the cape industry with Action Comics #1
>DC was literally printing/distributing Marvel's comics in the beginning of the Jack, Lee, and Simon era
>DC got Justice League out to a huge success, which inspired Marvel to make Fantastic Four
>DC started giving royalties to creators
>Doesn't remember when Marvel went bankrupt and had to sell all their IPs to movie companies

okay kid
>>
>>86638392
marvel guy here. I don't care enough to start company wars. I even read some DC stuff.
>>
>>86638865
>casuals come in cause of the movies
>start bashing DC comic fans because muh company wars

why is this hard to understand
>>
>>86638392
>Because all the pro-DC/anti-Marvel shitposting of the past few months is really getting on my nerves
The shitposting is happening because the Marvel books that are going bad are shit, back in the DCYou /co/ was mad because the books were actually good and weren't selling
>>
DC/Marvel company wars have seriously been around since the inception of the board, back when it was practically the only concept that got trolled about. The amount grows and shrinks, and sometimes one company or another gets more shitposters lured in, but there's nothing new or 'suspicious' about any of it. People have been shitheads about this since Day One.
>>
>>86638392
>Because all the pro-DC/anti-Marvel shitposting of the past few months is really getting on my nerves
Why? I'm a Marvel fag and I fully support it comics-wise.
Marvel needs to fucking die in its current state.
>>
>>86638667
>DC is putting out a lot of books that range from mediocre to great
Marvel is putting out books that range from terrible to mediocre, with a negligable number of exceptions actually hitting great.
>>
>>86638883
The former. God you bastards why didn't you buy Prez? Why couldn't it live? I just wanted issues 7-12. That's all. Then it could quietly end.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.