[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We Discuss The Marvel Time Ratio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1472074047245.png (271KB, 210x467px) Image search: [Google]
1472074047245.png
271KB, 210x467px
Marvel uses a 4:1 Real World vs. In Canon ratio when it comes to time passage (1 year in the 616 is 4 years IRL).

Lets discuss how this makes perfect sense despite their best efforts to make it not.

For example, Spider-Man would've been active for 13 years following this ratio, and is currently 28 years old.
>>
>>86609458
Franklin Richards is 12
Valeria is uhh...i don't really understand her story
>>
>>86609517
Yep, that math lines up.

48 years ago, divided by 4, would be 12 years.
>>
Didn't they kind of do semi-real time during the 60's and 70's? I guess they scaled it back by the 80's and 90's.
>>
>>86609458
Franklin Richards fucked with time; Secret Wars III Infinite Crisis'd the timeline.
>>
>>86609458
Is spider man finally gonna shoot up flash and his jock coharts?
>>
If you think about it enough and line evreything up something like the shared marvel or DC universes will never make complete sence. There are simply too many authors writing too many books at once to catch everything.
>>
>>86609458
>Hulkling born during Kree-Skrull War
>Late teens, much older than Franklin
>>
>>86609517
>Franklin is 12
Writers write him like he's 5 sometimes. It's made worse that they made his sister super smart and mature at the same time.

They should let him grow up so he can finally bone the younger Power Pack girl.
>>
>>86611283
>Infinite Crisis'd the timeline
No it didn't. The only changes to continuity were the events of the Final Incursion being undone (like Tony and Steve killing each other) and Miles Morales being inserted into 616, and that last one was the Molecule Man's doing.
>>
Tbqh, I'd like to see fewer stories set in modern times. Make more period pieces. It's so freaking weird seeing Gwen Stacy as a teen in the 2010s.
>>
It's all make believe and no one cares.
>>
>>86609458
I like the theory that Franklin is constantly setting back time because he doesn't want to grow up. Is there any proof for this theory?
>>
>>86612261
Hello, friend! I too hate fun!
>>
>>86612833
His sister existing since he put her back inside mommy after she died? The whole Heroes Reborn event which was just him creating a new world for a bunch of heroes?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.