[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Detentionaire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

This show is pretty damn good.
I honestly regret putting off watching it until now.
>>
File: SelfAwarenessAlert.gif (1MB, 363x209px) Image search: [Google]
SelfAwarenessAlert.gif
1MB, 363x209px
I love Detentionaire. It's one of those hidden gems that never really got a chance to shine outside of Canada (CN did it so dirty, I'm still pissed).

How far into the Prankspiracy are you, Anon?
>>
>>86604375
Not OP but I saw a thread about it yesterday or so and I'm on episode 27.

No spoilers but fucking every character is better than the MC. It's driving me nuts. Also the not-animated background characters look so good.
Biff and Holger are also the best characters.

On another downside I think the entire plot being dragged out so long without having any real 'meaningful' or interesting plots in between is really annoying but its also what painfully forces me to keep watching. I get that the MC thinking he won't get back into detention is a running gag but its annoying as well as some just fucking.. Weird and completely random, outlandish, convenient thing that happens that allows him to get away is really annoying. He could be on his hands and knees, blind folded with someone pulling the trigger to a shotgun at his face and something like wearing a retainer would save his life.
>>
File: biffykitten.gif (915KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
biffykitten.gif
915KB, 400x306px
>>86604375
I just finished episode 10 so I'm not very far in at all.
I did accidentally spoil some of it for myself so I do kind of know where it's going but not entirely.
>>
File: CamSpeaksForUsAll.gif (999KB, 367x208px) Image search: [Google]
CamSpeaksForUsAll.gif
999KB, 367x208px
>>86604736
Aw, I missed a Detentionaire thread?

Anyway, the 'make it back before detention is over' gag starts to fade out in season 3 (which is what you're about to get into if you're at ep. 27), and the main plot does start to tie up loose ends while bringing up other questions. The side-plots, while seemingly unimportant, do lend to some comedic relief and character development to the supporting cast, which might be why you like them more than Lee right now.

>>86604777
Ah, so you;re not even into the really fun/weird stuff yet! Hopefully you didn't spoil yourself too much (also, Biffy is best boy).

Hope both of you keep going in the show, and you enjoy it! It does end a season too soon, but that shouldn't sour the experience too much.
>>
>>86604375
is that guy a random background character? if so thats the kind of humor i can get behind,
>>
>>86605926
That's Brad. He's a supporting character, mainly in season 2, but with sporadic appearances in season 1 and 3 (not so much 4).

He's the son of a famous actor know for action movies. He...has some issues with the difference with the concept of reality vs movies.

In my eyes, Detentionaire is pretty good at taking stereotypical characters, making them funny, then skewing the tropes to make them more interesting.
>>
>>86606126
>mfw butchering the wording in the spoiler blackout

Damn it, I think I need sleep. You get the gist of it.
>>
>>86605820
I'm at where SOMEONE finally is revealed. It only took like 26 episodes. And since I have so many to go I'm sure that will be flipped on my head too.
From episode 2 I thought it was the mother all a long but christ I have no idea what the fuck is happening now.

Lee is just a meta shit. He's too 'smart', non-offensive and perfect in every way. No matter what problem arises he has a solution but even if its something as simple as a sentence he needs to say now he gets' distracted' and its the entire goddamn episode because he didn't say that one goddamn thing 3 minutes in. It got very old, very fast. He's way too meta on top of being inconvenience at the most simple, basic shit time, after time, after time again.

>>86605926
He shows up A LOT later on. I haven't finished the series but a lot of background characters seem to get a lot of screen time, and he's one of them.
>>
File: schemebiffy.gif (1018KB, 394x360px) Image search: [Google]
schemebiffy.gif
1018KB, 394x360px
>>86605820
Yeah, I just started really. The story is gets a bit more exciting and enjoyable with every episode so I'm definitely looking forward to the next couple of seasons.
And, Biffy is definitely a favorite character of mine. Though I have a soft spot for Holger as well.
>>
Bumping this since you canucks seem to be having fun
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.