[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Miles beaten a single person without using venom blast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: miles venom blasts.jpg (867KB, 1752x2112px) Image search: [Google]
miles venom blasts.jpg
867KB, 1752x2112px
Has Miles beaten a single person without using venom blast?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
>>86556719
Gwenpool
>>
has Superman defeated a single person without using his super

has Wolverine defeated anyone without snikt

has the United States defeated anyone without dropping bombs on children

no
>>
>>86556827
Actually, yes to the first two
>>
>>86556827
>has Superman defeated a single person without using his super

Are you serious? Dude's had a lot of instances where he was under a red sun and had to beat an enemy.
>>
>>86556827
>has the United States defeated anyone without dropping bombs on children
Yes, at the 2016 Olympics
>>
>>86556827
You mean things that aren't one hit KO's? You mean things that cause tension in the fight because it's conceivable that they could fail while using that ability?
>>
>>86556719
Didn't Taskmaster tank the Venom Blast, and then start using it against Miles?
>>
>>86556781
Why would she even think she could take him? It would be like Kamala fighting Black Bolt.
>>
>>86556719
When you have a power I think you should use it

Bendis just needs to put limits to it
>>
>>86557070
Because it's her book.
>>
>>86557070
Didn't you read? It's the contractual obligatory hero vs hero fight that happens every time two heroes meet for the first time.
>>
>>86557070
She thinks she has plot armor because she's the main character of her story.
>>
>>86557160
Yeah, I don't understand how it beats Venom. Is the symbiote not highly resistant to electricity?
>>
>>86556827
>has the United States defeated anyone without dropping bombs on children
The British. Don't talk about characters when you don't even know their origin story.
>>
>>86556719
How strong is he? Is he as strong as peter or a little weaker.
>>
>>86557251
>Hero
>Gwenpool
She tried to kill a guy
>>
File: [chuckles patriotically].gif (2MB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
[chuckles patriotically].gif
2MB, 245x320px
>>86557370
>>
>>86557445
He's about the same, but has Venom Blast and whatnot

Peter has better spidey-sense though
>>
>>86557522
Correction: she THINKS she's a superhero/antihero
>>
>>86556827
Yeah to all three.
>>
>>86557562
then why does he get his ass handed to him so much i guess it's the spidey sense thing but wow.
>>
>>86556827
>has Superman defeated a single person without using his super
He's defeated people when he was completely depowered.
>>
>>86557747
Plot reasons
Same reason Spidey gets beaten when he really shouldn't

Like many other superheroes, Spider-man both Peter and Miles is only as strong as the story says he needs to be
>>
>>86556719
Why is it even a power he has?

What kind of spider can zap you?
>>
>>86557938
It's not a spider power.
It's a nigger power.
>ZAP MUTHAFUCKA!
>>
>Black Spiderman
>give him lightning powers
>>
>>86557938
Rather than create powers by transferring traits from Spider to Human, they thought of things Spiders could do (in this case, paralyse) and thought of a reasonable power that could do that

It's stupid, but that's why.
>>
>>86558044
Do spiders even cause paralysis? I thought their venom was necrotic.
>>
File: IMG_1770.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1770.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
Why is Miles's OHKO less amusing than Saitama's OHKO?
>>
>>86558101
Depends on the spider.
>>
>>86558242
Because it's not played for laughs usually.
>>
>>86558242
Because it's satire and the guys OPM fights are so blatantly over the top that it become hilarious seeing say a man-shark wall of muscle get BTFO.
>>
>>86558242
Because Saitama's invincibility is meant to be taken as a joke.

Miles plays it straight and that makes it just depressing.
>>
>>86557282
Ultimate Venom was weak to electricity, but it does beat 616 Venom now.
>>
>>86558354
I was referring to 616 Venom. Is there ever any explanation?
>>
>>86557070
>Implying
>>
>>86558290
>>86558305
>>86558312
Would it work better if Miles wasn't a Spider-legacy character and was instead his own thing?
>>
>>86558415
?
>>
>>86558453
Not really - instant win powers in a world where fighting is normal tends to be pretty shitty
>>
Is it possible that Miles isn't intentionally Black Peter parker but only stuck that way because Bendis writes 97% of his characters with the same voice as Ultimates peter? Of course the other characters have the benefit of other writers and having established personalities before Bendis while Miles has almost only been under Bendy.
>>
>>86558588
this

until someone else writes him

meh/10
>>
>>86558390
The original explanation for Mile's Venom Blast is that it's a type of venom that can only be used if he touches someone and it would shut down their nervous system.
But then he can do shit like cause giant electrical explosions and fucking one-shot Blackheart somehow when it's supposedly just to be a sleep punch.
>>
>>86557282
It beat Electro, who was basically living electricity. Whatever it is, it's not electric-based.
>>
>>86559126
Also it fucks with electrical equipment.
>>
Here's the thing the problem with the Venom Blast, when Spider-man fights anyone it should be hard. One of the best Spider-man stories of all time is Nothing Can stop the Juggernaught, a story about him using everything he can to defeat a guy who's powers is you can't stop him. Spider-man has to constantly adjust his plan, and while I don't like Slott I will give him credit he can come with fun solutions to defeat bad guys. Spider-man is not a hero who has an easy fight or an easy life, that was the way Stan Lee made him and is the appeal of him, it's kind of hard to look at Miles and say he has it as tough Peter. And before you say he's new compared what happened to Peter in his first 70 ro so compared to Miles.
>>
>>86556719
He managed to beat Equinox who had a fuck load of future versions of himself to back him up in ANADA, only by using his smarts. I did not even know he had smarts!
>>
He shoots electricity?

He is a spider based character and he shoots electricity.
It's because he's black, innit?
>>
>>86560051
In Space Knight, Peter used electricity to capture both the Venom and Mania symbiotes though so ???
>>
>>86559126
Wait, Blackheart? As in the Ghost Rider villain? WTF?
>>
>>86556719
The second issue of Spider-Men was such bullshit because of this. Fucking Bendis, man. Why does he make Peter so weak? Was he trying to tell a story by having a veteran beat by a child? Because that's a shitty story.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.