[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Year of the Burger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: header_with_bob.jpg (295KB, 847x376px) Image search: [Google]
header_with_bob.jpg
295KB, 847x376px
Can some tell me in what year Bob's Burgers is happening? None of them have smartphones as far as i know (of course the Belchers are poor, but many other chracters have enough money), nor does any kid in school have a phone in general. There is no mentioning of modern technology, except the internet (just watched s06ep15) and they talk about fight club, which came out in 1999.

So my assumtion is:
fight club - smartphone
1999 - 2007

Somewhere in between there? I am pulling all this out of my ass, but i think i have seen something else before in the series which made me wonder which year it happens, maybe some belcher savant can help me out here
>>
>>86556297
The year is 200X, alt universe

The martians took over
>>
boy bands are still pretty popular, which began to decline in 2001, so maybe around 2000?
>>
File: IMG_5222.jpg (121KB, 642x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5222.jpg
121KB, 642x360px
>>86556297
>None of them have smartphones as far as i know... nor does any kid in school have a phone in general.
Someone hasn't seen "Lice Things Are Lice". Tina even mentioned selfies.
>>
>>86556297
Pseudo modern.
Lots of technology is left out for convenience sake with the excuse of not being able to afford it.
>>
>>86556908
this

not every child has a smartphone they are very expensive
>>
File: tina-cat.jpg (58KB, 600x813px) Image search: [Google]
tina-cat.jpg
58KB, 600x813px
>>86556908

ah ok thx, so they do exist, gonna watch it right now.

so does it all happen in the present? just crosschecked cause i rememberd that bob and fishoder were trapped under the dock in season 4s finale, and fishoder makes fun of bob having a flipphone and that you primarily use phone to play games with fruits (candycrush i suppose). This could be just a joke for the audience and just a fictional game as an example in the series.

still not completly sure it's the present though
>>
I thought it took place in the present and that the Belchers (and the people in their neighborhood in general) are poor and untrendy.
>>
>>86557367
yeah you are probably right, but that means that the whole area is pretty much a shithole. Even the rich people are awkwardly stuck in the past.
>>
it just baffles me that none of the kids are on some kind of social media, especially tina since she wants contact as much as possible and writes fan-fiction... she would be the perfect sjw and blog daily on ponyfriendsdotcom.

I guess bob is jus a simple person with a simple family and simple neighbourhood to make the viewer watching it forget the problems of today and be reminded of the 'rad' past of the 80's and 90's, which makes sense if you think about it since Loren Bouchard is a teen of the 80's. Dr. katz had the same simplistic point of view.
>>
>>86557794
They can only afford one computer and have no smart phones.
>>
>>86558087

ok, so if you are a teen girl with a family of four and only use the computer once a week for some kind of shenanigans there is plenty of time to visit the social sites you hear from when you are sitting in school or meeting up with people who actually use it. She'd be googling boybutts all day long. And you would not need a good laptop for that, and even if the had an old black and white one with modem connection, they got computers at school.

So either they deliberately cut out a part of technology to simplify the story or they actually are not in 201x... they could just as well permanently live in 2007 (where smartphones and selfies existed)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.