[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Knight III: The Master Race Extends to 9 Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: goddamn batman.png (2MB, 1000x1506px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn batman.png
2MB, 1000x1506px
>Originally slated for eight issues, the Dark Knight III: The Master Race limited series from DC Comics will extend to a ninth issue because co-writers Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello requested another chapter to tell their story right.

>“Once you dive into the Dark Knight mythology, it’s hard to pull yourself out. Those characters cannot be contained and neither can we,” Miller said in a statement.

>“This story turned out to be bigger than the both of us,” Azzarello added.

>The third entry in the saga that started with 1986’s The Dark Knight Returns and 2001’s The Dark Knight Strikes Again, both written and drawn by Miller, DK3 #1 launched in November 2015 with Azzarello sharing writing duties and Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson on art. The story features Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman teaming up to stop Quar, a renegade Kryptonian priest set free from the bottled city of Kandor along with an army of super-powered followers. Quar also persuades Lara, the daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman, to join his side, so now Batman must find a way to stop them from conquering the world.

>DK3 was originally scheduled to end in March 2017 with issue #8, but now DC is promoting a Spring 2017 release for issue #9.

>“When Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello come to you and tell you, ‘we need another issue to tell this story right,’ you find a way to make it work,” DC Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras said. “Once they shared with me, the Publishers and the Editorial team how they plan to end the story, extending the series to nine issues was an easy call to make.”

>Issue #9 issue will also include the final installment of Dark Knight Universe Presents, a series of companion stories featuring characters such as Green Lantern and the Atom.

>The next chapter to release will be issue #6 on October 19.
>>
but y tho
>>
11/2015: Dark Knight III #1 of 8 -- 440,234 [449,099]
12/2015: Dark Knight III #2 of 8 -- 158,188 (- 62.5%) [168,590]
01/2016: --
02/2016: Dark Knight III #3 of 8 -- 146,044 (- 10.6%) [150,665]
03/2016: --
04/2016: Dark Knight III #4 of 8 -- 143,055 (- 5.1%)
05/2016: --
06/2016: Dark Knight III #5 of 8 -- 139,919 (- 2.2%)
07/2016: --
08/2016: --
09/2016: --
10/2016: ???
>>
>>86552494
they say for story reasons but it's probably because it's selling well

though it's decompressed enough i can believe they want to add another so everything doesn't get solved in the last 2 pages
>>
>>86552512
Jesus Christ, that drop.
>>
>>86552512
The last issue ended with 'Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again!' right?
>>
>>86552479
>This story turned out to be bigger than the both of us,” Azzarello added.

Ummm Kandor assholes grow to full sized & Batman makes Kryptonite rain. The End. This was a World's Finest 2 parter at best...
>>
>>86554033
Yeah.
>>
>>86553909
It had a 1:5000 variant so it was expected
>>
>>86552479
>DK3 was originally scheduled to end in March 2017
So a monthly 8 issue series that started in November of 2015 was scheduled to take 15 months to finish?
>>
>>86556330
Delays are a millerverse tradition
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.