[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a character edgy? Pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1474658677808.jpg (69KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1474658677808.jpg
69KB, 500x652px
What makes a character edgy?
Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1471837447399.png (361KB, 868x897px) Image search: [Google]
1471837447399.png
361KB, 868x897px
>>86551179
>>
>>86551219
>not 'psssh... you are not prepard... kid'

Who the fuck made this?
>>
>>86551179
Anything not comfy or fun, is edgy.
>>
>>86551179
Wearing red and black.
>>
Why was new 52 supes edgy and the original not?
>>
>>86551179
If they aren't cute or comfy or have feels and are not involved with shipping in any way. That's what makes a character edgy on /co/.
>>
File: 1470287317256.png (80KB, 1982x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1470287317256.png
80KB, 1982x1133px
>>86551179
pushing the envelope of social norms and actions in a condescending way.
>>
>>86551179

Usually things that feed a angst filled power fantasy.
>>
>>86551421
Believe it or not illidan has said other things
>>
File: AC_Cv411.jpg (84KB, 599x910px) Image search: [Google]
AC_Cv411.jpg
84KB, 599x910px
>>86551590
He wasn't. People just assumed because he appeared darker with a less campy design. Plus a few instances of a darker backstory like killing off Ma and Pa. Then there's the Superbro redesign where we were introduced to him with a buzz cut and bloody hand bandages. But really all he was was a greener more flawed Superman than the one we were used to but not outright edgy. It was just a criticism held onto because a lot of people just never lightened up to him or cared to look into him
>>
File: Ladybug_promo_6.jpg (238KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Ladybug_promo_6.jpg
238KB, 2048x2048px
>>86551484
?
>>
>>86551179
>character has dark mysterious past
>dead parents or family is their motivation
>kills their enemies regardless of the crime
>has monologues about morality
>always ends up covered in blood
>>
>>86551179
If you want a real answer, I'd say something is "edgy" when it's created with the intent to shock or disgust, like a 14 year old who starts swearing a lot or listens to disturbing music to piss off and scare their parents.

I think that's what separate "edginess" from actual art that utilizes disturbing content: the point of such works isn't simply to be disturbing, the disturbing content is a tool towards an artistic end, not the end itself.
>>
>>86552064
Eh he rubbed me wrong early on with the way he was creeping on Lois after she had just got fucked by her boyfriend. I could never get behind nebbish cuck Clark. Even his pairing with Wonder Woman came off lazy and false.
>>
File: EdgytheEdgehogpng.png (146KB, 621x1103px) Image search: [Google]
EdgytheEdgehogpng.png
146KB, 621x1103px
http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Edgy_the_Edgehog
>>
>>86551749
>>86552166
these two answers are the best explanation

it's the "smoking to look cool" factor.
>>
>>86552064
Why would they make him kill them?
>>
Obnoxiously grim and dark with a shitty reason as to why the character is like that or just a really short boring backstory. No other emotions other than anger and disgust, humor is dark jokes that involve death. Names that involve themes of "darkness" and "fear" but are a really just cringey shit.
Edgy:
>Hadeus is a dark assassin of the underworld. He became an assassin after his family was killed in front of him by bandits, seeing that he killed the bandits on his own and realized he was only good for killing. Unlocking his dark nature made him realize how much humans were worthless. etc, etc, death and blood, etc.

As opposed to not edgy (I think):
>Aiden is a dark assassin of the underworld. He became an assassin after his family was killed in front of his eyes and bandits sold him on the black market for quick cash, the person who bought him off was a retired assassin who decided to pass his knowledge unto Aiden. This man ran a place where you could pay a certain amount of money to get rid of someone. Aiden was thrown into this world against his will, but as time went on and he killed more and more, his mind settled on the idea that 'if death was something that didn't find him as a child, he must now of taken the place of the Grim Reaper'.

The difference between these two other than details? One can branch off into many places while the other stays exactly the same without room for variety.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.