[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to like a comic book character but not like their comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 14748984840471108645410.jpg (822KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
14748984840471108645410.jpg
822KB, 2560x1440px
Is it bad to like a comic book character but not like their comics?
>>
>>86549384
any of their comics?

yeah, that seems kind of retarded
>>
That's Kate Leth logic, anon. Do you want to think like Kate Leth?
>>
Not really.
>>
>>86549413
Who?
>>
>>86549444
Female Frank Miller, author of stellar hits like Hellcat, Power Up and Fresh Romance.
>>
>>86549384
What >>86549403 said if you like a character and you think their current writer is giving them a shitty run, then personally I think your better off not supporting it in the hope the company get the message. You hate all their comics then why do you like the character?
>>
>>86549470
You don't have to hate them I meant if you like their potential but not the execution
>>
>>86549384
Yes.
>>
>>86549462
>Female Frank Miller
don't you ever fuck up like that again here

Miller's politics are flaky but the years he put into the industry and the things he built/rebuilt are unquestionable

Leth is a buttnugget who got lucky
>>
>>86549752
People say that on here because an article once called her that. Yes, it's retarded, but it didn't originate on /co/.
I still wonder what that writer was thinking.
>>
>>86549384
>Is it bad to like a comic book character but not read their comics?

Is this what you actually meant, OP
>>
I mean not if you like them in other media, if you like batman from omly the arkham games thats good enough
>>
>>86550031
>if you like batman from omly the arkham games thats good enough
to discuss on /v/
>>
>>86550051
What about animated movies? Say Jason Todd's fanbase gained from the good movie, as compared to his more crappy comic showings.
>>
>>86549965
yes
>>
>>86549384
It's okay to not like some of their comics but if you haven't read any or don't like any of them then why do you like the character
>>
>>86549965
>>86550450
Its one thing if the potential of reading their comics is there, but if you vehemently refuse to read their comics (or any in general), it comes off as weirdly dickish.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.