[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Marvel movie and why is it Kingsman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (74KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
74KB, 1280x536px
What is the best Marvel movie and why is it Kingsman?
>>
I didn't like Kingsman
>>
All of the Captain America Solo films
>>
>>86544546

Mind elaborating?
>>
>>86544551
Civil War and Winter Soldier were good, but First Avenger wasn't great
>>
>>86544533
because it's Deadpool
>>
File: slut.png (402KB, 727x546px) Image search: [Google]
slut.png
402KB, 727x546px
Avengers: Age of Ultron
>>
>>86544586
>Civil War
>Captain America solo film
>good
I chortled.
>>
https://vimeo.com/129923235
>>
>>86544566
I can't really put my finger on the reasons why other than I'm sick of the "nobody kid gets badass training and becomes a badass in a secret organization or dystopian society".
I didn't like a lot of the humor eother I guess.
I'll admit I missed the beginning.
>>
>>86544586
I honestly like all three about equally.
>>
>>86544533
That's a weird way to spell Blade II.
>>
I read it as just best movie and was wondering why there weren't more diverse opinions
>>
>>86544876
>I'm sick of the "nobody kid gets badass training and becomes a badass in a secret organization or dystopian society"

he was basically Luke Skywalker but in a spy setting
>>
>>86544887
First Avenger is still ok, but it's not as focused as the other ones. Though the Steve and Peggy romance is GOAT
>>
File: Gazelle-a_shame.gif (1MB, 302x204px) Image search: [Google]
Gazelle-a_shame.gif
1MB, 302x204px
>>86544533
>>
>>86545171
I liked that Gazelle looked kind of like Samuel L. Jackson in the comic, and Samuel L. Jackson turned into the villain in the movie while Gazelle became incredibly hot.
>>
>Obama gets his head blown off at the end

was not expecting this
>>
>>86544876
>>86545079
Well it does toy with it in that he's a badass beforehand and doesn't really get that much better via training.

He's basically The Ace, in that you'd usually see him being the foil to the hero instead of the hero himself.
>>
>>86545171
did that lady really not have any legs? What's she doing now?
>>
>>86544876
He did have his father's pants. So small chance he inherited spy affinity. Plus they did manage to have a long training arc and he was sorta lucky
>>
>>86545472
it's mostly his attitude that changes. He starts out a Chav and evolves into a proper English gentleman.
>>
>Swedish woman is a slut
This has got to be the most realistic thing I have ever seen in any comic adaptation.
>>
File: 5dPpm[1].jpg (49KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
5dPpm[1].jpg
49KB, 630x400px
>>86545474

the actress has legs. They used blue socks just like Lt Dan
>>
>>86545474
Resting her stubs on Chads shoulders why laying on her back. Her attitude more than her appearance made her such a qt
>>
>>86545454
Yeah, I was surprised about that. It's in the spirit of the comic though. Hell, in Nemesis apparently Millar initially wanted to have the villain decapitate Obama at the end.
>>
>>86545496

>sleeping with the guy who just saved the world makes you a slut

wew
>>
>>86545474
Nigga, the prosthetic legs were CGI, the actress has legs
>>
>>86545513

yeah but the HEROES blew up Obama's head
>>
File: 28e.png (246KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
28e.png
246KB, 600x391px
>>86545504
>>86545525
Well my sense of wonderment has been destroyed forever.
>>
>>86545532
True. Pretty ballsy to even show him getting on board with the whole "kill half the world" plan.
Were any of the other politicians that we were shown real?
>>
File: 1430265392295.png (852KB, 922x781px) Image search: [Google]
1430265392295.png
852KB, 922x781px
>>86545513
I love Nemesis. Or love to hate Nemesis, to be more accurate.
It's the only comic which adaptation I'm still hyped for because of how much of a retarded trainwreck the comic is.
When? Seriously. When? I just can't fucking wait.
>>
>>86544876
>>86545472
It is stated at the beginning that he was a talented gymnast that could eventually compete at Olympic level, but he went full chav and ditched his career.
>>
>>86544566

the ending was shit.
>>
>>86545474

she was in the most recent Star Trek and is gonna be in the Mummy reboot.
>>
>>86545700
you're shit
>>
>>86545821

well yea, but the movie still had a bad ending.
>>
>>86545849

no u
>>
>>86544876
>>86545472
>>86545481
>>86545677
Pretty sure they mentioned he was in the Royal Marines until he quit because his mother was having a breakdown over possibly losing her son like she did her husband.

I like the movie better than the comic.
>>
>>86545151
>civil war
>focused
on being as convoluted as possible, maybe

nah man WS is where it's at, with FA a close second. and for entirely different reasons, too. FA was a magnificent pulp war movie. WS was a hard-hitting spy ride.

civil war was just Avengers Lite
>>
>>86545553
be real with me for one minute, from one idiot to another: are you stupid
>>
>>86544546

I thought I was the only one.

>>86544566

>constantly claiming it "isn't that kind of movie"
>the ending is Bond to a tee

Also the dog thing. Living with and training a dog as a team member and then kicking trainees out when they won't kill said team member? That's fucking stupid AND is anathema to their goals as an organization. That shouldn't be their fucking final exam.
>>
>>86546333
The gun was loaded with blanks anon
The point was absolute loyalty to the organization, to the ideal behind it. The members individually could be corrupted, as we saw with Arthur, but the ideal must be preserved
Also the movie is totally Bond, they literally have umbrella guns and other shit like that. The "It's not that kind of movie" happens once in the entire thing, and the villain says it. because he thinks he's the hero
>>
>>86546079
Civil War was focused in the sense that pretty much all the scenes hit the beats they needed to hit in order to work regardless of the overall story (which I agree was overcomplicated), without sacrificing the engagement in the moment.
FA was also pretty good in this respect, but there were a few too many awkward montages and scene transitions for it to work in the moment the same way that civil war did. There's an essay that explains it better than I can (https://filmcrithulk.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/peggy-carter-why-captain-america-works/).
WS is probably the best at balancing in the moment engagement with big picture story, but there's still a fair bit of stuff that feels extraneous. It's still probably the best of the three, though I personally preferred CW based on the hype moments alone.
>>
>>86546333
Mission comes first son. Can't be scurd to pull the trigger
>>
>>86546378

I'm aware the gun was loaded with blanks. They explain that later. But the dogs are innocent. And they spent quite a lot of time drilling home the importance of keeping all your team members alive. Colin Firth's failure to do so is the catalyst for the MC's involvement in the story to begin with. Maybe they do a better job explaining that this is testing their willingness to purge the organization in the comic. But in the movie it looks like they're trying to see how much of a badass mother fucker the trainee is.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.