[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Comics nerds get ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is there a comic reason for her movie being set during WWI or is this something WB did just to get the Captain America audeince? Like Cap's movie is set during WWII because his entire history is tied up in that war.
>>
>>86535341
WB doesn't give a flying fuck about the comics
>>
>>86535341
if anything they probably did it to avoid Cap comparisons since she's a nazi smasher as well.
>>
>>86535405
yeah unlike Marvel
>>
>>86535341
They're going after the tumblrbux but replacing a slashable male with a feminist icon.
>>
>>86535341
There is no reason whatsoever to have the movie set during WW1. It is stupid.
>>
>>86535341
>Is there a comic reason for her movie being set during WWI or is this something WB did just to get the Captain America audeince? Like Cap's movie is set during WWII because his entire history is tied up in that war.

It's because they need to establish that she is from the past and has been behind the scenes of history for thousands of years, and WW1 is less controversial than WW2 and will get butts in seats more than something about some obscure war no middle of the country fucker has ever heard of

That's the reason, everybody else is wrong.
>>
I there a reason it should not be set in WW1? What's wrong with doing something different from the source material? I have the comics if I want to read a particular story, I'd like to see something new and fresh in a live-action superhero movie.

Don't get me wrong, I disliked all the DCEU movies so far and I think the trailer for this looks like shit. However, I don't understand why fans want a 100% accurate adaptation of the comics instead of a new, interesting take. I see it with pretty much every superhero movie ("Oh no, it's not exactly like muh source material!"). That's not a valid criticism, that's just autism.
>>
>>86535341
>>86535405

DC fans don't have any standards
>>
>>86535743
I just think it's dumb she has to be from the past at all. You can tell her story in modern times with zero difficulty.
>>
>>86535741
I imagine it's more because she's a ww2 hero but if they used that everyone would call it a Captain America rip off, ww1 is the next best war
>>
>>86535870
and? what are the difficulties presented by having her
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.