[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What killed animation? Or who killed it...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: PhotoVieilleDame.jpg (44KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoVieilleDame.jpg
44KB, 400x304px
What killed animation? Or who killed it...
>>
>>86419571
Steven universe because it inspired others to follow their example and produce garbage all for the sake of progressive
>>
People complaining about "Fetish Fuel" & getting offended by everything, and thus playing everything safe.
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
Ahem
>>
>>86419571
It died naturally, technology and the market dictated that what we have now is what the majority want.
>>
Parents groups afraid of violence in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>86419571
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, that lazy man animation that was cheaper that also filled the dumbasses interest is what killed it
Really, what's the point of making anything when some asshat with a stolen Flash can make paper cut outs say stupid shit and get all the money for it?

Oh yeah and Cheap CG did it too
>>
>>86420719
go a step further and say Adventure Time, that was the one that started it all, SU is more of a spinoff
>>
>>86419571
I did. I killed animation.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 240x180px
>>86423065
I'm Dirty Dan!
>>
>>86423192
FUCK OFF
i'm dirty dan
>>
>>86421021
Flapjack came first.
>>
File: IMG_8253.png (454KB, 609x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8253.png
454KB, 609x406px
>>86419571
It was Red Herring!
>>
>>86419571
Memes aside, action cartoons (which /co/ praises as the peak tier of animation) died because kids stopped buying so many toys, plain and simple.

Cartoons now have to compete for more headspace in the era of the internet, which resulted in cuts across the board. The ones who thrive are the ones best at doing a lot on shit budgets hence AT style, SU style, flash toons, etc.
>>
Shrek, dreamworks
>>
File: 1333861306418.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
1333861306418.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>86420851
Anyone can assign blame to one thing but in the end it's really business.
>>
The failure of the PPG movie is what eventually fucked CN which WAS kind of an animation mecca and they started making cheap live action shows trying to recoup the loss, when a network literally made for cartoons stopped doing it other networks were like "fuck that" and now no one is willing to take any risks

but the west in general places little value on animation, cartoons specifically, because they see it as something exclusively for children.

Meanwhile animation is integrated into japan's modern culture and treated like an art form in france
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.