[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: squarrelgorl.jpg (78KB, 700x991px) Image search: [Google]
squarrelgorl.jpg
78KB, 700x991px
What went wrong?
>>
Identity politics
>>
>>86393598

Art style.
>>
>>86393598
Making her look like your average SJW
>>
>>86393598
I honestly don't think Erica was trying to make a point about social justice, I just think she's such a shitty artist people think she was.
>>
They gave a joke character who worked best as a supporting one a starring role.

Think something like Planet Sheen.

The art also doesn't help.
>>
>>86393598
Ugly fat girls need heros too, anon.
>>
>>86393598
They turned a sexy girl into your average american woman.
>>
>there are people who don't like Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

you niggas probably think White Queen or Mystique is cool or something
>>
>>86395073
Squirrel Girl wasn't meant to be sexy, she was meant to be an awkward looking teen.
>>
>>86393598
>before
Ugly and skinny
>now
Ugly and fat

Fuck SJWs.
>>
Women.
>>
>>86395128
>an awkward looking teen.
That's sexy,anon.
>>
>>86393598
I don't think Ryan North knows shit about Squirrel Girl other than she was famous for beating up some top tear characters. Trying to give heroes books that are primarily quirky slice of life stories. Repetitive jokes that aren't particularly funny to begin with. Does nothing to expand upon the character. Art is bad. And I don't mean Henderson is a bad artist. I mean even with her style like it or not she's lazy. That backgrounds are vacant the anatomy is off or sometimes unfinished. She has this simple style but most of the time it looks like she rushed pages at the last minute.

The Overall product reads and looks like something high schoolers would kick out as a extra credit project for class.
>>
>>86393598
gross
>>
>>86393598
THICC
>>
>>86395718
Gross.
>>
that's not real

is it?
>>
>>86393598
Honestly the redesign is pretty thicc, it's just that the art and writing is godawful.
>>
>>86396000
>Thicc
Lena Dunham isn't thick.
>>
File: 4259151-115.jpg (491KB, 863x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4259151-115.jpg
491KB, 863x1280px
>ITT
>>
File: THICCC.png (358KB, 564x381px) Image search: [Google]
THICCC.png
358KB, 564x381px
>>86396170
>>
>>86393598
>Doctor Doom defeated by Squirrel Girl
>What went wrong

She got him by his nuts.
>>
>>86393598
Pros:
>The redesign is pretty good
>I feel like North's dialogue works for Squirrel Girl
Cons:
>The art is ugly and bland
>The Quirky Slice Of Life setting doesn't suit the character
>Doreen's personality doesn't get a chance to come through because everyone else she's around is written exactly the same way
Al Ewing's version of Squirrel Girl on New Avengers captures her personality from Unbeatable perfectly, but because she's not surrounded by Also-Written-By-Ryan-North characters, she actually feels like a character.
Generally Ryan North is a very bad choice for anything meant to have characters or plot. I'm a fan of Dinosaur Comics and enjoyed his Hamlet CYOA, because in both of those cases, "everyone is voiced by Ryan North" feels appropriate. But with Squirrel Girl... ecch.
>>
>>86393598
That art, for starters.
>>
You forgot the unlikable part.
>>
>>86393598
sjws and sana amanat, the two reasons why EVERYTHING at marvel is unreadable now
>>
>>86393649
fpbp
>>
>>86393598
>no Dan Slott
>this >>86393649
>costume change
>shit art
>not getting the character
>deaging the character
>>
>>86398696
Oh I also forgot

>webcomic writer
>>
File: lena.jpg (38KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
lena.jpg
38KB, 876x493px
>>86393598
>What went wrong?

Making her look like that scumbag Lena Dunham
>>
>>86393598
Giving a character whose entire premise is a one off joke an ongoing.
>>
>>86395100
Mystique is the coolest canon trans character to ever exist.
>>
>>86398956
reee
>>
>>86398995
She used to live as a dude until the times changed where women were the dominant gender. The whole having babies thing becomes pretty wild when you find out mystique used to regularly live as a man.
>>
>>86399089
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.