[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Tops Online Superhero Merchandise Sales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Batman-1-3.png (135KB, 2168x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-1-3.png
135KB, 2168x1668px
https://intelligence.slice.com/dark-knight-rises-batman-tops-online-superhero-merchandise-sales/

>The Dark Knight rises to the top in terms of online toys, games, and apparel sales; 28 percent of superhero merchandise purchased since January 2015 was Batman branded.
>At the brand level, Marvel superhero themed online toy and apparel sales soar over DC by nearly nine percent. The Marvel lead is powered by purchases on Spiderman merchandise and the characters featured in the Disney backed Cinematic Universe.
>Spiderman teams-up with Batman as the second most popular perennial character. While Spidey is the second most popular character throughout the year, Superman and Captain America merchandise purchases surpassed him this spring. The Man of Steel soared above the web-slinger in March, the month that Clark Kent’s film premiered. March and April were also big for Captain America merchandise; The First Avenger’s toys and apparel sales officially sprinted ahead of Peter Parker in April, the month before Steve Roger’s newest movie.
>While comic book fans are often depicted as young men, women actually buy the majority of superhero toys, games, and apparel online. Female buyers account for 60 of online superhero themed toys and apparel purchases. This skew grows when looking specifically at comic themed apparel sales where women account for 70 percent of online buys, which is important since online revenue on superhero apparel is 26 percent larger than toy sales.
>>
File: Robbie Quinn.jpg (48KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
Robbie Quinn.jpg
48KB, 600x350px
Considering this study ended 4/30/16, I'm sure Harley has jumped several spots due to the sheer amount of women buying merchandise. Wonder Woman should probably jump up several spot once her solo comes out and her merchandising hits its stride.
>>
>>86391921
Most excellent news
>>
>>86391921
Honestly I'm more surprised superman is third. I'd have assumed he'd have been surpassed bu cap or iron man.
>>
>>86391921
Batman topping everything isn't surprising, but that strong lead kind of is.
>>
>>86391921

>To see Captain America on the same level as Superman, Spider-Man and Batman.

Life is good. I'm glad Cap is getting the public recognition it deserves finally after 70 years.
>>
File: 3.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
>>86391921

Once again, the bat god era has returned!
>>
I'm surprised Ultron is so high. Also, the fact that Cap surpassed Iron Man.
>>
>>86393402
You gotta have a villain for your hero figures to beat up on. Ultron's a great generic robotic man.
>>
>Wolverine that low.
I know he isn't something kind of merchandise juggernaut, but with Marvel basically throwing him and the rest of the X-Men into the closet it almost seems like he's just some character that edge-tards follow now. Just like with people sporting Punisher logos and shirts. Which makes me sad, considering just under 10yrs ago he was Marvel's second biggest character for decades.
>>
>>86391921

>marvel and disney have destroyed Spiderman

Who saw this coming in the early 90s?
>>
>>86393411
>At the brand level, Marvel superhero themed online toy and apparel sales soar over DC by nearly nine percent.
>>
>Cap is finally second most popular Marvel

Did anybody think this would ever happen in their lives?
>>
>>86393516
That's a surprisingly narrow lead considering how well the MCU has done and the 8-year head start they had with their movies. It actually really speaks as to how timeless Batman and Superman are.
>>
>>86393584
Well obviously, nobody cared about the likes of Cap, Iron Man or Groot before the MCU. Bats and Supes have been extremely popular for more than 70 years.
>>
The last list was done by a big website this one by a literally who
>>
>>86393700
This is a shipping and sales analytics company. The other list you're talking about was done by a company that counted crates in a warehouse.
>>
not buying this at all
>>
Online merchandise sales is going to skew man-children. It would be interesting to see overall sales #s because children tend to prefer Spiderman to Batman.
>>
I really want to know what purchases this is counting because
Batman only has so many funko pop figures
>>
File: Merchant-by-quantity-sold-1.png (109KB, 2168x1668px) Image search: [Google]
Merchant-by-quantity-sold-1.png
109KB, 2168x1668px
>>86393800
>These numbers don't fit what I have in my head so I'm going to say they're biased and wrong.
>>
>>86393863
He's asking for more data, not discounting the data given.
>>
>>86391921

mfw Superman outsells Captain America
>>
>>86393612

Cap has been around for a while too anon, one would spect some sort of reconition at this point
>>
>>86391921
>>86394960
>MoS 2 is so good that Superman finally surpasses Spiderman and Batman

Am I allowed to hope?
>>
>>86391921
Joker is best superhero.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.