[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I do not understand the appeal of this show at all. I watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: batbeyond.png (354KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
batbeyond.png
354KB, 500x500px
I do not understand the appeal of this show at all. I watched the entire first season and a bit in to season 2, and I just don't get why it's such an essential cartoon. The show has a much larger focus on action than it's predecessor, that's quite obvious, but that makes the show very bland at times and get stale quickly. There is hardly any drama or character development in most of the episodes, and the futuristic setting is neither explored very often or is that interesting to begin with. The villains are very forgettable (one of them is a nerd who couldn't score) and barely get any character development. There was also very little of any character study of Bruce Wayne like it's promised, and like in the New Batman Adventures he's just an unlikeable asshole. I'm not a fan Bruce Timm's art style either. It's got cool action but I have no reason to care about what is going on. Does this show get any better or should I just quit, or am I just asking for another BTAS when that is clearly not what this show is?
>>
Nostalgia, Batman, future bullshit that people liked back then

It's a fun show and cool but DCAU stuff is massively overrated in general
>>
>>86386071
Glad I am not the only one who hated how Bruce became a huge asshole post-BTAS.
>>
>>86386071
>There is hardly any drama or character development
>asking for another BTAS
Well, you got it.
>superhero cartoons
>ever good
Spawn is the only passable superhero show, and that is not even as good as it could be, although that's mostly the fault of source material being garbage.
>>
I don't like it too much either but the intro gets me fucking PUMPED every time
>>
>>86386138
>no good superhero cartoons

>batman tas
>superman tas
>justice league/unlimited
>spectacular spiderman
>green lantern tas
>young justice
>x men evolution
>even campy ass batman brave and the bold

sure anon
>>
>>86386182
It's got charisma but it has the obnoxious guitar, too many flashes and has words that make it seem like those themes are going to be explored in the show but are not.
>>
>>86386071
>>86386138
ITT: Contrarians try to out contrary each other.
>>
>>86386191
Mostly mediocre, especially Weisman's shit.
Weisman is the most overrated creator riding on the coattails of Gargoyles success and has never created anything of value ever since.
I give BatB, though.
>>
>>86386212
*give you
>>
>>86386205
>too many flashes and has words that make it seem like those themes are going to be explored in the show but are not.

Autism.
>>
>>86386182
Same, it's SMT as fuck and I love it.
>>
>>86386112
Bruce was at his worst on the JL/JLU ear I just can't stand him so I quit.
>>
File: 936.jpg (33KB, 625x626px)
936.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
You've already had what, three, four threads on this? Calm down, autismo.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.