[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy a tpb for certain stories based on a writer(s)+character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: flashByMorrisonAndMillar.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flashByMorrisonAndMillar.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>buy a tpb for certain stories based on a writer(s)+character combo
>half-way through there is a story written by a completely different writer, with characters you don't really care for alongside the character that you originally bought the collection for

I should have done my homework.

Maybe I'm being irrational and this Wally/Kyle/Hawke vacation story will be good, but the jarring interruption just pissed me off too much.

Buyfag frustrations thread?
>>
>>86342879
>Maybe I'm being irrational and this Wally/Kyle/Hawke vacation story will be good
It is good, and the last of the three issues is by Morrison and MIlar anyway.
>>
I read those trades and I don't remember that at all
Are you sure you're talking about the two Morrison flash collections
>>
>>86343248
its one trade tho
>>
It used to be two trades
And those two bonus issues weren't in them
Apparently they thought it added to the narrative
But even if it didn't you can still just skip
>>
>omnibus collects a certain team's run on a book
>halfway through there's three issues with a fill in artist
>not collected even though it has the same writer and is integral to the plot
>>
>>86343856
>not collected even though it has the same writer
>it has the same writer

I have never heard of a collection like that. I believe you, I just think that's a really stupid publishing move.
>>
>>86343913
Do you know nothing about monthly comics
They have to use fill in artists because the schedule is too fast for most men
This is very very very common
It's not a good thing
>>
>>86343972
but it happens in 99% of monthly super books

I cut myself off accidentally
>>
>>86343972
>>86344000
I know. I meant a collection omit parts by the same writer just because of a fill in artist.
>>
>>86342879
The completionist in me would prefer that meh story to be in the tpb. Then again The Black Flash story is shit. The Jay, Mirror Master, Emergency Stop and Human Race stories more than make for those two lackluster stories.
>>
File: thor-380 paag-older.jpg (769KB, 1884x1344px) Image search: [Google]
thor-380 paag-older.jpg
769KB, 1884x1344px
>>86342879
I love me somee old school Thor and bought the TPB for World Eaters because I saw Fraction's name on it and knew him from the sweet Iron Fist run I own complete in hardcovers. It ended up being the worst Thor comic I had ever read. I was so mad.

Marvel can do whatever shit they want to Thor tho now, I now know they've poisoned the property. But they can never take away my memories of the best run ever.
>>
>>86342879
>have a pull list made up of mostly Marvel
>Add more DC when Rebirth hits
>go in to pick up my pull list
>new kid is behind the counter
>seen him in the shop before, total company wars fag
>notice Spider-Man and Deadpool isn't on my list this week
>ask him what happened
>told me he took it off my list because that comic sucks
>Calm, but deadly rage gathering
>spot the owner of the store
>asks him to put SM/DP back on my list
>come back next week
>Company Wars kid is gone
>owner apologizes and pays out of his own pocket for my missing issue

This is the same place that tried to push New 52 Suicide Squad on me while buying Ostrander's run, same company wars fag told me New 52 is better because it has Harley Quinn in it.
>>
>>86342879

i mean it's a fun bonus story for you. and that's a nice little crossover
>>
>>86343913
From what I remember The New Teen Titans Omnibuses were like that.
>>
>>86343972
>It's not a good thing
We need to build faster artists.
>>
>>86343913

There are probably some like Artist Spotlight Omnibuses that do it. Like Byrne's Marvel Stuff Omnibus I bet is all over the place
>>
>>86343913
I think a collection of Wolfman New Teen Titans excluded everything without Perez.
>>
A lot of the Spider-man TPBs are the same way. Sometimes they just shove in stories from other books in the middle. Frustrating.

I hate Spider-man, I just want to look at Ramos art, fuck.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.