[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beta Ray Bill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Beta Ray Bill.jpg (155KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
Beta Ray Bill.jpg
155KB, 600x910px
Where is he and why hasn't he stepped in to deal with Jane and Odinson?
>>
>>86321248
Not a minority and not movie synergetic. Expect him to remain benched except for the occasional appearance in straight-to-cancellation joke books.
>>
>>86321281
He may appear in The Unworthy Thor, right? ...right?

I want more BRB, he's my second fav Marvel character
>>
Isn't he still dead after Battleworld?
>>
>>86321248
Aaron said he was going to use him but who knows when or where.

Hopefully he pops up in Unworthy Thor.
>>
>>86322497
Aaron is a hack and I wouldn't want him to use Based Bill.
>>
>>86322632
nowadays it's hard to argue
>>
>>86321248
Last seen either getting his ass kicked by Thanos or hanging out with Kid Nova, depending on where Starlin's OGN falls in the timeline. He was also in Thors, but I don't think that counts.

Also he appeared on the cover to the current volume of Mighty Thor, so presumably he's going to be showing up at some point.
>>
>>86322497

I mean Cosmic War is coming so....
>>
>>86322677
For clarification: he appeared in the 1st issue spread cover that was one of those "what to expect from this run" covers.

Pic related.

Also kinda weird that Cul wasn't on this cover considering he's clearly one of the main antagonists of the current volume.
>>
File: Simon_Walters.jpg (25KB, 224x291px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_Walters.jpg
25KB, 224x291px
>>86321281
>Not a minority

Incorrect.

Beta Ray Bill is a homeless black Canadian veteran, and has been since like 2004.

It's just he hasn't shown up as that form since like, Omega Flight.
>>
>>86322632
>people claim godbomb is one of the best Thor comics and hate on Aaron in the same breath
>>
>>86322814
>Guy accidentally produces one great comic
>He's untouchable when he makes garbage
>>
>>86322719
I maintain that Thor losing his powers again and his replacement being cancerjane is actually a really good concept let down by shit writing
>>
>>86322787
So he's black in the same way J'onn J'onzz is black?
>>
File: sad frog.jpg (18KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.jpg
18KB, 396x385px
>Bill will never show up in the MCU
>>
>>86322922
>hulk talks his place in 3

Fuck Kevin
>>
>>86322896
J'onn was legit black because he was a Green Martian.

But Bill wasn't a minority of his species.
>>
>>86322896
This is much more of a Jake Olsen situation.

Simon Walters is a very real dead guy that Beta Ray Bill is riding around like a meat Gundam. And not using in like a decade.
>>
>>86322958
Thor loses Mjolnir in Thor 3, right?
Maybe they find it with Bill
>>
>>86322879
We talking about Garth Ennis now, or...?
>>
>>86322963
what the fuck you talking about, he's a one of a kind. He was genetically modified till he was unrecognisable and disgustingly ugly to his people. But he didn't care, he took his duty more seriously than any comic character and took the hideous look in stride, he even kept his pride cause he knew there were much more important things than looks.
>>
>>86323030
Exactly.
J'onn being "black" makes sense because in his own species he was a minority.

For Bill it doesn't.
>>
>>86323001
Pretty stale bait.
>>
>>86323117
>implying he did anything of actual quality outside of Hitman
Care to bullshit some more?
>>
>>86323049
But Bill was turned into a horrifying cyborg monster too.
Although he was worshiped for it.
>>
>>86323227
Has anyone made an Adam Jensen/Beta Ray Bill cross over yet?
>>
>>86323138
Battlefields and Fury MAX. Preacher and Punisher aren't amazing but they're good. Can't say I've read his run on The demon or Hellblazer, but I've heard the latter is pretty good.
>>
>>86322963
How is being a Green Martian like being Black? Green martians weren't a minority, at least not before they all died (but got better in nu52).

Sure there are multiple races of Martians (Green, white, red) but green is more like the Caucasion race, with White being generically evil race.
>>
>>86323274
His Hellblazer is the only good one you mentioned
>>
>>86323365
But you just admitted he still did something good outside of Hitman, Thanks for the rec though.
>>
>>86323354
>but green is more like the Caucasion race, with White being generically evil race.

>implications
>>
>>86323387
you are welcome, I find Ennis too try hard in edgyness. I don't mind edgyness but he seems to put it in everywhere and it gets boring. Hellblazer is the time he didn't do that, he used it just enough to fit the character.
>>
>>86321248
>Where is he and why hasn't he stepped in to deal with Jane and Odinson?
How exactly is Bill supposed to "deal" with Jane and Prince Odinson?
>>
File: Thor (2014-) 006-007.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Thor (2014-) 006-007.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>86322814
Godbomb was a good solo Thor story that starts with a good exploration of what being a god means but in the end doesn't do much with it. Also the past-present-future Thors worked well as a gimmick, once. Then Aaron just starts writing bad Conan fanfiction -considering Thor becomes a dumb brute with barely any notion of nobility, who doesn't fight smart and is drunk most of the time.
He doesn't inspire people, he fails them instead. He's too brash to be a leader. His relationship to Odin is the one of a teenager. Malekith is doing whatever he wants and Thor doesn't really do anything that stops him nor investigates his plans or alliances.

You know what happens after Heimdall tells Thor that shit is going down in this page? He fights some trolls the next page while still thinking who could the new Thor be and then all we see him do for the rest of his appearances he keeps trying to find out that by going to all the ladies he knows.
>>
>>86323722
At least go see Thor and be like "Hey bro, I heard you weren't worthy any more. As someone who is worthy, you want to talk about it?"
>>
>>86321248
What LSD hightened fever dream spawned this character?
>>
>>86326351
arguably the best writer Marvel ever had. There is Claremont, Simonson and... who else?
>>
File: 951333-ti_asha_ra__earth_616_.jpg (31KB, 244x886px) Image search: [Google]
951333-ti_asha_ra__earth_616_.jpg
31KB, 244x886px
>>86321248
Is he still pounding her yellow pussy?
>>
>>86326490
Starlin and Byrne are contenders, at least. Engleheart, Stern, Louise Simonson, Gerber, and Mantlo all pulled weight at a lot of times, too.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.