[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you work at /co/? >Lexcorp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Lexcorp_Chart4.png (347KB, 728x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lexcorp_Chart4.png
347KB, 728x800px
Would you work at /co/?

>Lexcorp
>>
>>86295813
> Weapon's contractor
> $2bil budget
AHAHAHAHA. That will barely arm a handful of insurgents. Add a few zeroes and THEN we'll talk.
>>
File: 1445303300209.png (67KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
1445303300209.png
67KB, 616x596px
What a shitty graph.
>>
>>86295870
>implyign the DCU has inflation
>>
>>86295813
>Batman And GA try to avoid military contracts because they're the good guys!

Bite me.
>>
>>86295922
Tony Stark did it too
>>
>>86295813
>2 billion.
OP, go to Boeing's wikipedia page.
They earned *96* billion dollars in revenue last year.

And all they do is aircraft.

Either the dollar is super strong in the DC universe, or artists know nothing about economics.
>>
>>86295813
I mean they can go with that if they want but it somehow seems wrong to have Wayne Enterprises be at the bottom, and even if it was relatively modest it should still be whipping the living shit out of Lexcorp by many meaningful metrics at least.

At the worst they should be second or third to Lexcorp, but still basically a better company in general because they are more ethical, and efficient, and produce more consistent results even though they have less money being thrown around.

There has to be a lot of room for Lex Luthor and his company to be irresponsible jackasses or just plain obnoxious and unethical however much money is involved. Like, they might be able to do the same thing more or less as Wayne, but it will cost more, probably break more "eggs" in it's production, and ultimately somehow be a little dubious or unreliable when push comes to shove and also probably involve fucking someone over in terms of production or development of the product or concept.

(The inevitable fuckup so that Superman can clean up Lex's selfish, dangerous mistake AGAIN and make him even saltier.)
>>
>>86296014
>>86295897
The DCU has no federal reserve, so their dollar is strong.
>>
>>86296001
Stark sold weapons until he realized they were falling into the hands of terrorists, and then he stopped

Wayne was always a self-righteous do-gooder who has never evolved on any issues
>>
>>86296043
DC is redpilled?
Neat.
>>
This is more just a typical case of comic writers can't math
>>
>>86295813
>>86296014
This is their budgets, not their revenue.

The DCU is full of supergeniuses who can make technology more advanced than ours for much cheaper. Lex can probably make a space rocket with a $1000 budget at a home depot.
>>
>>86296183
I think it's more like they could if pressed, but feel no real desire or motivation to do so because it really doesn't matter with a lot of readers, and if it does a lot of them will still buy the stupid comic anyways because it doesn't bother them enough to be a deal breaker.

I mean, they aren't pitching to a niche market like "harder than diamond Science Fiction" where the intended audience is going to lambast them and not read the book if it's at all inaccurate. (Well, there are grognards and comic fans who will, but they can probably live with all 12 of them who won't buy the comic absolutely because of this not buying it.)
>>
>>86296311
>harder than diamond Science Fiction
I never got the appeal of superhard science-fiction, honestly.

Well, I get the appeal of the setting but a lot of it just seems to devolve into long-winded description of technology just so the author can show that they're accurate and right. Shit like that barely matters in a story; it's thematics and characters that are interesting.
>>
>>86296311
I'd go so far as to say it's a case of truth being stranger than fiction.
Purdue, the chicken company, made like 6 billion revenue, while Halliburton made 5.3 billion
Those numbers are hard to believe if you don't read the news. Hell, I'm an accurary and those numbers make my head spin.
>>
>>86295813
the scale on that chart is fucking garbage
>>
>>86297795
Maybe it's logrythmic
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.