[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCEU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 35

File: iCEseG1U.jpg (24KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
iCEseG1U.jpg
24KB, 405x405px
What are your honest thoughts on the DCEU thus far, apart from all the memes and shitposting, how do you actually feel about each film and how do you feel about the change in direction now that Johns is in charge. What do you like? What don't you like? What would you change if you were in charge?
>>
>>86284884
Their impact on the comics is really negative. Warner seems to be forcing their own "cinematic universe" too hard.
>>
>>86284884
It's shit.
>>
>>86284884
I defended with optimism each movie.

They all turned out to be 7/10 at best.

I'm not going to do the same mistake again.

Its like the movies are in the hands of a mad man out of touch that has no idea why people like said characters, and is using it as an opportunitty to make a desconstruction.
>>
>>86285123
Have you been under a rock for the last 3 months?
>>
>>86285232
How is 7/10 bad? But yeah, Snyder is far too out of touch for his own good. "Your batman killed a lot of people" "YEAH. WELL, THE OTHER ONES DID TOO"
>>
Man of Steel was great, one of my favorite capeshit films.

BvS was highly enjoyable but undeniably a fucking mess.

Suicide Squad just depressed me because I couldn't help but wish the entire time that I was watching the real version of the movie, not the shitty Kidz Bop cut. It was honestly my least favorite DCEU movie, despite most people saying it's the best.

I'm very hopeful for the future though. I really look forward to seeing DC's director-driven approach. They were bound to go back on that promise at some point, and I'm glad it happened sooner rather than later, because now they have to stick to their guns and let directors direct. I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm curious to see what non-Snyder directors have to say in this universe.

Especially hyped for Aquaman, Shazam, and Dark Universe. Intrigued by Wonder Woman and Batman. Fearful for Flash and Cyborg. Justice League is a complete wild card at this point.
>>
>>86284884
Zack Snyder sucks my fat dick, and he chokes on it
>>
>>86284884
I'm sick of defending them just because I wish they were good.
>>
>>86285475
Your fight is not over. We must keep defending this shitfest until the MCUcks are put in their place. It's all we have left.
>>
>>86284884
Its cool.

>>86285361
Pretty much this.
>>
>>86284884
Man of Steel was okay at best, but definitely not muh Superman.

Batman v Superman was a dumpster fire of a movie. Almost nothing worthwhile about it.

SS was a step in the right direction, but still just "okay".

I hope Johns can save it. I REALLY do.
>>
>>86284884
>What would you change if you were in charge?
rather than stress about the justice league I'd make a whole bunch of fairly cheap movies starring the niche characters. Booster & Gold, The Question, Zatana, Swamp Thing, maybe a Doom Patrol movie, keep the Justice League for later.
>>
>>86284884

We don't actually know what effect Johns will have on the movies. By the time he gained control the movies were well into production.
>>
MoS and BvS are among my favorite capemovies. I love them. Every time i see them i catch something new. I love how daring it is, the themes, the parallels, the symbolism, the imagery. But... i don't like to talk about them because i know i'm in the minority and people just fucking despise them. So i avoid the headache.

I'm kinda sad, specially after seeing Suicide Squad, because i expected something different and new, with the movie being very Ayer-like in nature, and that's not what i got it. There's his hand in there, yeah, but the movie is a mess.

Going by the JL trailer they'll start playing safe with the movies and make them the standard capemovie fare to try and please the general audience and the hardcore fans. So that's that.

I'll always have MoS and BvS, though, so i'm not too sad about it.
>>
Johns has been shot for a long time and there's nothing good about him writing batman or wonder woman
>>
>>86284884
I like it so far.

I loved MoS.

I liked (didn't love) BvS theatrical. Thought it was kind of choppy with the editing.

I loved BvS UE. I think the extra scenes really smoothed it out and I really enjoyed it.

I liked (didn't love) SS. Like BvS theatrical, I felt that the editing was choppy and I'm hoping to get an extended edition to smooth it out.

Looking forward to Wonder Woman and Justice League.
>>
>>86284884

I love MoS
didnt think to much of BvS.. it was to long and just not enjoyable to watch. SS was definitely cheesy to but it was enjoyable and "fun"
>>
>>86284884
It's been a string if trainwrecks, each one worse then the last. With inside DC people already saying Wonder Woman is a complete mess just like the rest of the DCEU, I have no more hope for it. It's just awful, and I hate the fan boys that would defend these shit movies solely out of brand loyalty.
>>
I don't like them.
I've given up and I'm just going to stop watching them and maybe even talking about them.
>>
>>86285123
>Their impact on the comics is really negative

The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>86284884
I just only started getting into the whole thing of reading comics so I only really have other movies as refernece

I thought man of steel was really good and the most solid of the movies. It isn't as good as the first 2 reeves movies (which have their own problems), but I found it really enjoyable

Batman vs Superman theatrical: narrative wise it's really messy, though it has great moments among the overall muddled story

UE: this was pretty good, not as good as the burton movies or most of Nolan, but I felt it was more solid and had better flow and actually gave superman something to do. I still feel it cuts to too many different views too many times, and some of the scenes were a bit on the nose, but it was fine

Suicide squad: enjoyable dumb action flick, kinda like Deadpool, I liked some of the characters most of whom i never knew about, but it had no staying power for me. I really haven't thought much about it and will probably not be dying to see it again
>>
Any negative opinion will be regarded as company wars or "memes" so it's rather obvious that the point of this thread's intended purpose is to fish for positive or apologist opinions that will sooth the OP's concerns regarding DC's worrisome trend of cinematic efforts.

At least casuals have one thing in common with DC fans, an apparent case of acute amnesia where with each movie they forget how disappointing the last one was and run out to see the new one ignoring all the warning signs making each one at least a financial success.

Still the more worrisome trend is what is DC going to do after they've blown their load? Their first three films not only used their biggest guns (Batman, Superman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Death of Superman, etc) essentially manufacturing "forced success" in spite of any other mitigating factor. Beyond the Justice League I don't see casuals giving too many shits about these movies unless they sprinkle Batman in all of them.

Right now DC's best hope is to rely on Marvel's ability to inspire casual movie goers to give relatively obscure cape properties a try to float their more fringe upcoming projects.

All I know is that if DC actually manages to put out a half-decent movie all the apologists and fanboys will be screaming "Marvel is kill" and acting like everything up to that point was somehow justified.
>>
>>86284884
Honestly? Disappointment. The entire thing seems like a reactive response to both Marvel and whatever is trending right now, SS being the most guilty of this. Despite my problems with MoS, its arguably the strongest narrative out of the 3 thus far, which is surprising given its diverse opinion on it. SS wasnt a flop, nor the worst movie I've ever seen, but its really not worth commending at all. It seems like with each new installment, WB tries to "fix" their universe and we end up with a poorly edited final product. While there are some good ideas here and there within each movie, and I dont want to call the entire thing shite demanding a reboot, theres something seriously wrong when people cant get excited for a Justice League movie
>>
File: 1471331352024.png (29KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1471331352024.png
29KB, 493x402px
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the BvS UE.

It's a perfect film, not muh aside.
>>
> MOS happens (following Nolan Trilogy)
> "Well, the DC movies are more about sophisticated story telling and intellectual narrative unlike the MCU which is just dumb popcorn flicks. Just because Avengers made alot of box office buck doesn't make it a good movie.

> BvS & Skwad happen
> "Hey, they're just fun, dumb popcorn flicks that should be enjoyed as is. And hey, at least they made box office buck so what more do you want?
>>
>>86288471
But BvS is a much smarter film than MoS.

SS is dumb though.
>>
>>86284884
5/10. Three movies so far and I feel like I wouldn't miss anything if I skipped them.
>>86285123
Godawful Skwad and muh Outsiders won't have Katana aside, I dunno what you're talking.
>>
>>86288532
They were still trying to rationalize Nolan's heavy handed symbolism with the Nolan Trilogy as context.
>>
>>86284884

I enjoy the movie, even if they have issues and flaws. I get more out of DC pictures these days than watching Marvel flicks.
>>
They should've just converted the DCAU to film.
>>
>>86288041
>With inside DC people already saying Wonder Woman is a complete mess

Oh you mean the anonymous ex-employee bitching letter that was denounced by everyone as nothing but malicious rumors?
>>
File: hp6e27f0qllx.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
hp6e27f0qllx.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>Man of Steel
Didn't deserve all the hate it got. Had plenty of good parts, plenty of bad/dumb parts and some weird stuff (like Krypton, Clark destroying a military satellite and the film acting like it's no big deal - obviously they had no idea where they were headed).

>BvS
Once again, didn't deserve all the hate. I'm not going to argue that stuff like "Martha" was a good decision, I just don't think it's the huge deal people treat it as. That said, I do think it had some serious problems and consider it a 7/10 at best. Lex really dragged it down.
>Extended Edition
About 20% of it was meaningful, the rest wasn't. Jena Malone was cute and snarky, but added nothing essential to the film. I do like how it made clear that Batman was intentionally using the Bat-brand as a death sentence, not just incidentally killing in the line of duty - which is the same thing Superman does in the opening scene. So Superman doesn't seem like a hypocrite anymore.

>Suicide Squad
Indefensibly bad. I feel like the people who praise this film are the same ones who like Transformers and other stupid shit. Awful narrative, poorly used characters, generic action and a videogame cutscene final boss.
>>
>>86288734
Movies based on Batman TAS, superman TAS, and the ww movie ---> justice league based on JLA

with static shock movie on the side
>>
File: 1457550592132.jpg (97KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1457550592132.jpg
97KB, 523x521px
>MoS
6.5/10
>BvS
7/10
>Extended
>7.5/10
>Hol Up
7.5/10
They're improving. I'm worried about JL, tho.
I actually like Flight better than the Williams march desu senpai.
>>
>>86285232
This only I'd say 6/10 at best for each of them. MoS was probably the best one but even that one was pretty hit or miss.

And fuck DCEUfags, it's been a disappointment so far.
>>
>>86288736
Yeah, just like that one person who said Skwad was being re-short and re-edited to shit was totally full of it amirite?
>>
>>86288745
Continuing:
>How do I feel about the change in direction
I think they hit the bottom of the barrel, and can only go higher from here on out.
>What do I like
Superhero films that don't feel like they're copying the Marvel formula to a T. At the very least, it's something different. Whether that makes it better or worse is up to each of us. But at least these films are more memorable. When's the last time you heard someone talk about the Hulk (2008) or Thor 2.
>What don't you like?
I don't like Warner Bros. sloppily hacking the shit out of films in an attempt to please test audiences. I also don't like how Supergirl (CBS edition) is a better Superman than Superman. In one of the episodes she has a solar flare, suits up anyway and stops a robber with words. I can't see Cavil's edgy Superman ever convincingly doing something like that.
>What would I change
Off the top of my head: make Cyborg more like his Teen Titans cartoon counterpart, and make Aquaman look like a king instead of a homeless Neanderthal.
>>
>>86288745
Of course MoS & B v S didn't deserve the hate they got they were so fucking awful they deserved a hundred times more hate than they got
>>
>>86284884
>mos
First good superman movie since superman 2. A lot better than what people were bitching about

>BvS
I can see why this was hated, narratively sloppy and tried to juggle too much at one time
>BvS UE
fixed a lot of the problems and overall an acceptable movie, but still a case of too much stuff in too little time
>suicide squad
If hot topic and spencer gifts made a movie. Still better than other movies this summer like ID42.
>>
>>86288915
kill yourself
the sooner the better
maybe you'll have a brain in your next life
>>
>>86288904
>I also don't like how Supergirl (CBS edition) is a better Superman than Superman.
Satisfying autistic not muh quotas does not a better character make.
>>
>>86288915
Right... this hyperbole is why DC fanboys started to believe there was a "anti-DC" conspiracy on RottenTomatoes.

>>86289045
Could you rephrase that and take off some of that edge? Also, have you even watched the show?
>>
There's only so much disappointment a guy can take before he checks out and I was already halfway down that road because of TDKR and Green Lantern.

At this point I kind of hope the bubble does burst after Infinity War because then maybe WB will feel more comfortable doing a reboot and I'll have a chance to see my preferred versions on the big screen before I die.
>>
Come to think of it, maybe BvS would have worked better split into 2 movies? Eh, probably not.
>>
File: oh.jpg (108KB, 560x581px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
108KB, 560x581px
>>86289087
>conspiracy
No, people just have shit taste.

>buh that picture is correct
'no'
>>
>>86289131
>>86289131
Anon, neither are good. Idiots only praise TFA because it was A New Hope repackaged
>>
>>86289131
This isn't a Star Wars thread.
>>
File: happyman1.jpg (497KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
happyman1.jpg
497KB, 2048x2048px
>>86289087
>edge
???

The only possible way Supergirl is "better" is being more upbeat than Supes.

She's a horible actress and it's a horrible show.
>>
>>86289150
>neither are good.
BvS is great.
>>
>>86289131
Why is it that people NOW are either using critic meters as either a sign of a movies actual quality or for bias?

Critics have always had a habit of kinda fucking with those things
>terminator 3 got 70% of positive reviews despite the fact that it's hot made for tv garbage
>crystal skull got a fresh rating
>back to the future 2 had a rotten rating
>critics bitched at the thing and blade runner for being too dark or "slow" only to go back and say "nah it was great"

I'm aware it's a consensus measure, but I meant critics in general
>>
>>86285361

Honestly this, the more they try to please the plebs and the corrupt critics, the shittier it gets. It's like they don't know they will never please them unless they stamp MARLEL in his films and hire RDJ to make jokes
>>
File: daheeel.png (107KB, 368x282px) Image search: [Google]
daheeel.png
107KB, 368x282px
>>86284884
They're slightly better than the animated "films" they keep unleashing on us.
>>
>>86289160
1) I asked you to rephrase because it's hard to even tell what the hell you're saying. All I know is that you're using the autism meme, which implies to me you just want to troll.

2) I never said the show was great, or even good. I was talking solely about the character herself. They basically made her a female Superman, and she nails it better than the DCEU Superman. Except for the special effects of course.
>>
>>86289169
Yes yes we've heard this all before anon
>>
>>86289131

Jesus christ
>>
I'm really depressed about the DCEU to be honest. When you fuck up Superman by making him a sad sack instead of a bright, hopeful country boy should give you warning flags.

From Movie to Movie, MoS had too much Superman as just a man and not enough Clark Kent, SUPERMAN! for me. Lois was annoying as fuck and just lucked out and met Superman. They gave away the biggest gag of "Where did Clark go? OH HEY! It's Superman!" by having Lois know Clark = Superman. It felt like they didn't want to make Superman: Hero for the people and make Superman: God or Alien?

BvS was the mediocre movie I expected. It had some really major problems but had some great parts. It still didn't have enough action for an action movie. Too much moping and talking that wasn't entertaining.

SS was just infuriating. Entire sequences in the trailers were not in the movie, Joker was HEAVILY advertised and was barely in it, MAGIC IS BEATEN BY A FUCKING BOMB, waste of characters, there is no score just songs they paid for, and so many other problems.

DC is trying to be the opposite of Marvel and doesn't see why people like the Marvel movies for the most part. They can make their movies dark but for fucks sake remember they are COMIC BOOK MOVIES! Capes can't be taken seriously 100% of the time. I just hope Wonder Woman is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>86289215
It's true. It never won't be.

>>86289213
>and she nails it better than the DCEU Superman.
Again, no.
Satisfying your not needs does not make her a better character.

This meme that Cavill Supes doesn't have the character traits of Superman is insane.

>muh saving people
He does. Tons of people in both films. Hell, MoS's FIRST SCENE WITH HIM IN IT has him saving the guys from the oil rig.
>>
>>86289235
Ben Affleck's use of Islamic imagery for batman
>>
File: dat smirk.jpg (48KB, 1000x559px) Image search: [Google]
dat smirk.jpg
48KB, 1000x559px
>>86289235
But i'm white.
>>
>>86289249

Those don't count cuz he's just being a hobo not muh Superman with the spitcurl and underwar over his pajamas.
>>
>>86289248
>Too much moping and talking that wasn't entertaining.
THIS is why people disliked it.
Pure and simple bad taste and ADD sensibilities.
>>
>>86285123
Can we just permaban all Marveldrones?
>>
>>86289253
>>86289257
no seriously, even before the movie was released i was checking out some facebook pages on how the movie went. then a barrage of indian dudes harasses other people who don't like snyder's "masterpiece"
>>
>>86289280
No seriously, i'm white.
Hurts your narrative, I know.
>>
>>86285232
Suicide Squad is literally a straight adaptation of every character through. If you don't like like it you probably just don't like those characters
>>
>>86289273
How about we fucking ban all /tv/ related threads?
>>
>>86289289
anon pls
>>
>>86285123

DC is the Superman and Batman one

Marlel is what you're thinking of, Iron Man and flying trucks y'know
>>
Well OP I hope you're proud of yourself.
I also hope you step on a lego.
>>
>>86289296
Thats implying Kitana was a character in that movie, which she wasnt. Shes a glorified cameo if anything
>>
>>86289304
But no /tv/ threads are on /co/??????
>>
File: joker2.png (2MB, 933x1920px) Image search: [Google]
joker2.png
2MB, 933x1920px
Leto Joker is objectively the best.

>consulted Grant Morrison

>inb4 people bitch about it just being about the clothes
READ THE BOTTOM OF THE IMAGE
>>
>>86289249
All superheroes save people. Including Batman. The fact that this is the extent of your understanding of the character says a lot... do you think it's right for someone to get angry and destroy a man's truck? Or to tell a fellow hero that it's "mercy" for him to demand that the hero stop whatever he's doing?

>>86289296
How so? In particular, Harley Quinn is a lot different than her cartoon/comic counterpart.
>>
>>86289329
Leto was good.
>>
>>86289337
>do you think it's right for someone to get angry and destroy a man's truck? Or to tell a fellow hero that it's "mercy" for him to demand that the hero stop whatever he's doing?
fs;vijgaetiohrwtepjnsioepwamknxchfbsaP['TCG;
JYEITORSHGEDVM,FXKH'GDOSP[LZRFPHYSOKDNS,G;F.
TERH

You have actual incurable autism. LITERALLY NOT MUH.
kill yourself.

>you will report this post
>>
>>86289337
In what ways was Harley different from her comics version?
>>
File: young varys.gif (67KB, 484x605px) Image search: [Google]
young varys.gif
67KB, 484x605px
>>86289329
>that buff bodybuilder Joker
why Frank, why
>>
>Autism
>Not muh
>Hand holding
>Risks!
>You plebs didn't understand it
>You just want Marvel.
There. I just saved us twenty long boobless hours
>>
>>86289383
>>Autism
>>Not muh
>>Hand holding
>>Risks!
>>You plebs didn't understand it
>>You just want Marvel.
These are all true.
Not liking MoS or BvS boils down to shit taste.
SS was whatever. Joker was great though.
>>
>>86289268
I'm not saying make ever line a quip but just wanted more back and forth or interesting lines. All the stuff with Wondy and Bruce was just worthless. Perry constantly yelling at Clark about what articles to write were stupid. Just fucking let him go collect some stuff then tell him no. 90% of Lex's lines were shit. I will say that part with the Governor(?) in his mansion was great. I wanted more stuff like that and fewer parts like, "It's cherry."
>>
The Damage Control is here.
>>
File: 1471887635663.jpg (8KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471887635663.jpg
8KB, 229x250px
>>86289423
>it's damage control to defend good films
>>
>>86289423
It never fucking left. We seriously need a board intervention/restructuring
>>
>>86289411
Thanks yes, I forgot
>shit taste!

>>86288325
called it perfectly. I'm bored now. You people are boring.
>>
>>86288325
>All I know is that if DC actually manages to put out a half-decent movie
But BvS is the best cape movie yet.
>>
>>86285123
are you serious?
>>
>>86289383

Literally all of this is correct and we have the proof in this same thread
>>
>>86285232
that being said, i honestly believe based Johns can make it better.
Johns should do what he did in infinite crisis. Revise all the grim and gritty stuff as a masterplan (by darkseid? metron? dr manhattan?) and unite the tv universes and cinematic universe into one
>>
>>86289453
I agree. From now on whenever somebody says something like

"M...Marvel isn't shit!Both companies are bad!
>Squirrel Girl isn't for you!
>Whor isn't that bad!
>Only that one issue of Mockingbird is bad!
>Muh Karnak!"

we permaban them
>>
>>86285681
>maybe a Doom Patrol movie

they already made the Matrix, senpai
>>
>>86289629
It's a sad and terrifying world that you live in isn't it?
>>
>>86289629
>>Only that one issue of Mockingbird is bad!

Is this the worst /co/ meme? A serious contender at least
>>
>>86284884
>how do you actually feel about each film
I honestly believe that Man of Steel is the best superhero film ever made. It had a an aura of scale to it, just incredibly epic in scope. I'm a huge sci-fi fan, and I think treating a Superman origin story as a First Contact story is ingenious. The very basic filmic, visual component of the film is incredible, with nearly every frame being a painting, and every one telling a silent story.

All that said, a glaring inconsistency always comes to mind when I criticize the movie in my head: during the Battle of Smallville, Faora is schooling Clark and talking shit about his morality stifling his capacity to excel, with "evolution always winning." But Faora and the other Kryptonians are all products of eugenics. I also am incredibly annoyed that they tossed Emile Hamilton into the Phantom Zone; it's a barbaric waste of a character that could have been important in the shared universe. Oh, and Superman murders a guy.

As for Dawn of Justice, I also think it's a great film. The theatrical version of it is a mess and I can't fault anyone for hating it because of that. But the extended cut rounds the film out in all the ways it needed. Snyder is concerned with intimating the mythical quality of these characters, and I think it's a wonderful undertaking. The spear in particular is a thoughtful touch, as it's perhaps Man's first weapon, which he used to kill his quarry; Bruce descends from hunters, and the image of him carrying Superman over his shoulders during the fight immediately made me think of a hunter carrying his game over his shoulders.

While initially I didn't care for its rendition of Lex, I came to find him to be very compelling. In almost every scene, Lex speaks of his father; later we learn that his father--a wealthy and influential man, abused him as a child. Even in death Lex is still haunted by his dad, and by the fact that he was powerless against him.

1/2
>>
File: Autism_speaks.png (221KB, 656x508px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_speaks.png
221KB, 656x508px
>>86289497
>>
>>86289417
>Just fucking let him go collect some stuff then tell him no.

And let him waste company time on shit that will never see print, when he's suppose to being doing his actual assignments? Yeah, makes perfect sense.
>>
>>86288325
/thread.
>>
>>86289702
That shit happens all the time. Go get stuff about A. Then when you get back all of a sudden B is more important. Or just have perry shove Clark article in the back of the paper. Just let Clark do the research.
>>
>>86288915
kill yourself
But sign your organs up for donation first
>>
>>86288325

You don't think HQ had any appeal among normies right? I mean you can't be that oblivious
>>
>>86289796
DC evidently thinks so if they're giving her her own solo movie and turned suicide squad into a primer for her.
>>
>>86289821

The solo movie comes after SS success and in SS she was the only B-lister among all the Epsilon listers in the team
>>
>>86289329
Leto could potentially have been great if the film hadn't been screwed by WB execs
>>
>>86289845
You can't be this dense.
>>
ITT: If we can convince ourselves on a relatively obscure Anime image board that DC's overall underwhelming and superficial movie making effort thus far is really great by continually moving validation & criticism goal posts and praising substance-less symbolism, then it doesn't matter what the rest of the comic book community, movie-going public, critics, pop culture & pretty much the rest of the sane world thinks.

I would ask you to take a moment to think about the ridiculous mental gymnastics you're doing to defend these films, but I'm sure you'd much rather find some way to blame this on Marvel or it's villainous covenant of delusional fanboys which seek to endless persecute your kino.
>>
>>86289856

Nice argument bro
>>
>>86289193
Who I can blame for shitshows animated films are?
>>
Batman v Superman is great, Man of Steel is ok, Suicide Squad was pretty badly edited.
>>
>>86289423
>>86289453

This thread is not for you, MCUcks. We literally didn't mention marvel, so why are you shitposting?
>>
>>86284884
Most of the movies lacked cohesion. They had a lot of great elements but they never made it all the way to the finish line. I liked the movies but I also hated parts of them. Therefore, I'm a shill or something.
>>
>>86289881
Considering plans for a Harley Quinn solo movie were already in the work before Suicide Squadd hit theaters and Harley Quinn is one of the most popular comic book characters with female casuals.

You're just plainly in denial.
>>
>>86289877
>movie-going public

The DCEU has made 2 fucking billion with a b United States dollars in the box office so far. Both MoS and BvS have been top bluray sellers for 4+ weeks at least. People love the movies despite what your internet friends have told you

>critics, pop culture

This is more like it. It has become a meme that DC makes bad movies and that's it. Just like "the TFA is great" meme, also heavily endorsed by critics and pop culture. If you want to buy it, that's fine but it is what it is
>>
>>86289702
The cherry was awesome. Lex was awesome. Only casuals have turned eisenberg's performance into a meme. He Is lex luthor JR, come on
>>
>>86289915
>>86289915
Your assuming I just meant DCEU, oh no. I want ALL /tv/ related, company faggotry bullshit from both sides to stop
>>
>>86289682
For Lex, it can't be possible for a Superman to exist. It CAN'T be possible. It simply doesn't not compute. How can he be good, how can he be a hero if he didn't save me? Why didn't you save me? Why didn't God save me?
On the rooftop of his tower, he speaks of circles but then corrects himself, saying "wrong category, boy." His father fucked him up so badly, that he immortalized himself in his son. I nearly teared at this. And while most people didn't get the Martha scene, I found it to be incredibly powerful. The way to Bruce's heart is to his parents. And him saving Clark's mother was a way of redeeming his own lifelong guilt of having been powerless to save his own Martha. But she won't die tonight. It was a touching way of reconciling Batman and Superman, and it couldn't have been done better, I think.

The car chase scene was weird and ultimately I find it lamer than it should have been. Bat's and Supe's first meeting was awkward as hell and in a boring setting. Doomsday had a truly forgettable design, though I like his parallel to Mordrid.

Suicide Squad was a bad movie. It felt like it came out of the late 90's/early 2000's, before we knew any better. The only redeeming factors for me are the asthetics of Enchantress and El Diablo as the most fleshed out. Enchantress said she was going to build a machine to kill/subjugate/whatever us, but all she did was make a World Engine and kiss men to turn them into melted plastic. And while you're all going to tell me to go to tumblr or something, it was embarrassingly misogynistic.

>how do you feel about the change in direction now that Johns is in charge
I like Geoff generally. I just worry that the DCEU will lose any substance or uniqueness by trying to pander to people conditioned by Marvel. That JL trailer looked awful. Snyder needs people to tell him no, but they shouldn't stifle his creativity and vision to cater to people who don't care anyway.

>What would you change
JL Batman's cowl.

2/2
>>
Man of Steel - 8.5/10
BvS TC - 7/10
BvS UC - 5/10
Suicide Squad - 6/10

Its clear they are rushing things and that no set structure is in place but I'm not the guy losing money, I just wanna see fun movies. Plus Im not autistic so I dont care if a new Batman interpretation kills for example.

I think their movies are good enough to sustain and Im sti interested
>>
>>86289877
>relatively obscure

Obscure only if you live under a rock, senpai. You'll be surprised how many 12 year olds browse this
>>
I made a thread about this before, but I'll repost it since I have it saved on a notepad like a faggot. Anyway I really love MoS and BvS and here is why:

First off I really enjoy seeing Superman grow. Him growing into the ultimate hero is rarely explored, and is some of the best parts of Birthright and Secret Identity. I like that through MoS and BvS, Superman's arc has followed the heroes journey almost to a t. To the point where the metaphorical death and rebirth becomes literal. One of the key elements of the heroes journey is that at the end the hero brings back the "boon" or "elixir" making the world a better place. I believe that exactly this will happen, that the plan from the beginning, at least once they started conceptualizing or entertaining the idea of a larger shared universe, was to have Superman bring the world, one that intentionally tries to reflect our own, to a better place, one that more reflects a more classic heroic setting.

1/6
>>
File: BvSZodDoomsday.jpg (86KB, 718x959px) Image search: [Google]
BvSZodDoomsday.jpg
86KB, 718x959px
>>86289994
For example, Superman is put in a no win situation by Zod in MoS. Zod tells Superman he is going to have to kill him or else people die. Flat out forcing Superman to choose between humans and kryptonians. Superman killed Zod of course, mirroring a moment from Byrne's Man of Steel run, but not without it coming back to haunt him in the form of Doomsday. In BvS Superman is presented with yet another ultimatum, kill Batman or Martha dies. This time Superman chooses the third way, learning from the first time with Zod, and instead decides to be honest with Batman and ask him for help. They even illustrate this arc within Superman further by having him first just trounce Batman's Batmobile and order him to stop (since with Zod all the at worked was overpowering him). That doesn't work, so next time he sees Batman he tries to talk to him, but suffers for making the mistake of once again just using force. But he again makes the mistake of fighting back, and again pays for it. But once he finally stops trying to fight and just asks for help "to save Martha" he starts winning Batman over. And its not until Lois, Superman's loving anchor, is even more honest, revealing Martha to be his mother, does Batman finally help him. Superman, then, ultimately has to sacrifice himself because of the mistake he made in MoS. This does another thing I really adore about the movies, it takes iconic parts from the comics and synthesizes them into one narrative without making them just empty shoutouts, it instead uses these moments to add to the narrative and themes. And its not just moments like what I mentioned above from Byrne.

2/6
>>
>>86289939

Shit I forgot about the MASSIVE audience that are the female casual comic book readers, about 10,000 people all around the world!!
>>
File: DarkKnightBvS.jpg (249KB, 600x2625px) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightBvS.jpg
249KB, 600x2625px
>>86290003

One of the best examples of such integration of the comics is how it uses key scenes from Dark Knight Returns (even doing a 1:1 remake of the death scene) as way to deconstruct it. I know for a lot of people deconstruction is a trigger word, so if you want you can instead say an inversion. While DKR had Batman very much in the right, BVS puts Batman on the wrong side. BvS turns Batman into the reactionary stooge that upholds the status quo, which was Superman's role in the comic. They also have the same dead Robin plot point, but this Batman never gets a new one. Batman fights Superman, but this time he goes in with the purpose of killing Superman instead of faking his own death. When Superman is nuked, it is from America instead of the commies, and he willing takes a blast to defeat a monster instead of trying to defend the earth. He also rejuvenates from the sun in space instead of sucking solar energy from Earth (as he does in the comic). And last but not least, in BvS Superman dies with a hint of him coming back instead of Batman. This kind of engagement with the past and with the stories that came before, the homages and commentaries on past comics, that is one of the aspects that makes the long 75+ years of Batman and Superman so fantastic to me, and BvS carries on in that tradition.

3/6
>>
>>86289877
youre kind of a retarded man
>>
>>86289877
Have you even lurked this thread? It would be better if you did. There's some actual discussion going on, until your autistic post came up, you bellhead
>>
File: DC Hypertimeline.png (99KB, 1677x1718px) Image search: [Google]
DC Hypertimeline.png
99KB, 1677x1718px
>>86290008
I'm sure you're all sick of reading this, but now that I've typed so much I figure I'll continue with a few other bits I enjoy. To go back to Superman redeeming Batman, there is an intended meta element to it too I feel. Batman is an old character in BvS, and he is an old character in the movies. He has had many more movies than Superman has, and it all these movies (except for the Adam West one and the black and white serials) has has killed people. And we have been fine with this. In the movies, we the public and our inherent jadedness have turned Batman into a killer, much in the same way the universe Superman enters in BvS has turned Batman into a killer. Its not until he shares a screen with Superman does the public question why he kills and start asking for the no kill code back. And at the end of the movie he gets it back, after Superman sacrifices himself and proves to Batman, and the world, that he is indeed just a force of a good, or as Batman says it "men can still be good". Its illustrated when Batman corners Lex in his prison cell and does't brand him (instead opting for more classic Batman scare tactics). Even in the comics Batman started out killing, but once he became more integrated into the larger superhero universe they started telling stories where had a no kill rule. And this brings me to, you guessed it (sorry if my pattern is getting predictable) another thing I loved about these movies. They find ways to look at the big picture of a character, like Batman, see how the character has changed over its entire history, and make it part of the story.

4/6
>>
File: ItsGood.png (267KB, 262x403px) Image search: [Google]
ItsGood.png
267KB, 262x403px
>>86290019
In fact they do the same thing with Lex Luthor. Lex always started off having a full head of hair and being a crazy mad scientist. like he was in BvS There are examples of this throughout the golden age, and a few times in the silver age. Its also re-tread by Birthright and Gene Hackman in the Reeves movies. We see the beginning of Lex's passionate hate for Superman, to the point where he lets it derail his speech at the library fund raiser. We also get to the classic Lex move of him dominating and controlling every conversation he is in. And those he can't control he gets rid of. By the end of the movie we see Lex much more stone faced and cold (sans the scene chewing bell speech, though I don't mean that in a bad way) and finally with a shaved head. A transition into the modern age Lex who keeps a more precise and calculated public persona.

I don't have much to say about this last point, other than I thought it was neat that Wonder Woman regains faith in humanity parallel to Batman, and humanity, (re)gaining faith in Superman, and by extension the superhero.

5/6
>>
>>86289960
So did the Transformers franchise.
>>
I do think it's more interesting seeing Snyder's interpretation than slavishly imitating fanboy desires for the characters.
>>
File: OkayGetOut.png (148KB, 476x322px) Image search: [Google]
OkayGetOut.png
148KB, 476x322px
>>86290025
I guess really I love that the movie gives me so much to chew on, and that every time I watch it I see a new little thing. Like last time I saw it, I noticed that after Batman's nightmare about dictator Superman, his worst fear about what Superman can become, its followed by Superman looking at the photos of Batman's dead victims in jail. Which is Superman's worst fear about how bad Batman can become. Or how the movie gets progressively more saturated with color as it goes on, the world literally becoming a more colorful and bright place. I love all these layers it intertwines almost effortlessly.

Anyway, thanks for whoever read. I apologize if this sounds pretentious in any way.

6/6

Autism mode over
>>
>>86290029
>So did the Transformers franchise.

Any Michael Bay similarly is widely denigrating by people wishing to appear cultured.
>>
>>86289778

Then Clark can do it on his own free time, not pursue it repeatedly after Perry told him no. He's not paying a no name two-bit reporter to write an opinion piece about how X is bad, he's paying him to write a sports story that sells papers. An assignment, by the way, that Clark completely fucking fails to deliver. If Lois, a reporter of some note, had wanted to do, then maybe Perry might have okayed it.
>>
>>86284884
The flash was done an injustice
Cyborg was done an injustice
Fish guy was done an injustice
WW was done but rather poorly
>>
>>86290029
and so did Lord of The Rings too and 2001 A Space Odyssey was a critical failure when it came out like BvS. You can compare any movie to any movie and it doesn't make a point m8.
>>
they're all terrible
>>
>>86290074
How dellusional must you be to compare BvS to a Stanley Kubrick film.
>>
>>86290120
well am I wrong? Was 2001 A Space Odyssey not critically panned when it came out?
>>
I really like the BvS Ultimate Edition, all Snyder's movies have better Director's Cuts. He's not for everyone but no one knows better than him what he's trying to be.
>>
I think Man of Steel was okay.

The other two are total trash.
>>
>>86290142
See I think MoS was ok, way better than it got credit for, but BvS was just such a step up. It really helped to have dual protagonists.
>>
>>86289915
That's all they know how to do.

Marvel is and always has been cultural cancer.
>>
>http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/09/13/box-office-suicide-squad-is-now-leggier-than-captain-america-civil-war/
Box Office: 'Suicide Squad' Is Now Leggier Than 'Captain America: Civil War'

>http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/09/12/box-office-suicide-squad-tops-700-million-worldwide/
Box Office: 'Suicide Squad' Tops $700 Million Worldwide

>For what it’s worth, the only live-action movies to top $700 million this year are Captain America 3, Batman v Superman, Deadpool, and Suicide Squad.

>http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-2016-summer-movie-profit/
Suicide Squad Among Top 5 Most Profitable Movies of the Summer

>Suicide Squad: $175 million, Domestic Gross after 5.7 weeks: $308 million

>Captain America: Budget:$250 Million, Total Domestic Gross: $176 million

>Capain America: Winter Soldier: $170 Million, Domestic Gross: $259

>Iron Man 2 - Budget: $200 Million, Total Domestic Gross: $312 Million

>Iron Man - Budget: $140 million, Total Domestic Gross: $318 Million

>Guardians of the Galaxy, Reported budget: $170 Million, Actual Budget: $232 Million, Final Domestic Gross: $333 Million
>>
>>86290131

You were 100% correct, 2001 was panned as atrociously slow, making no sense and having a weak third act (everything post HAL9000).
It is a better comparision that Transformers flicks, that make almost all their money in third world countries and don't sell shit in blurays and merch
>>
>>86290188
*than
>>
>>86290188
thanks bud
>>
>>86290170
That explains the daily Marvel threads trying to justify in an echo chamber why their movies aren't bad. DC always seems to be on the defensive
>>
>>86290039
You have a very thoughtful reading of the film, and I agree with everything you've stated. But you've also pointed out things even I hadn't noticed, and I've lost count of how many times I've seen the movie thus far. Thank you.
>>
> but the movies were pretty and had action sequences and big special effects! How couldn't they be good?

The idea of the DCEU being good movies only works for simpletons that measure movie quality on the most superficial of levels. The same kind of people that will play every new big budget video game with only five hours of gameplay and give it a solid 8/10 no matter how bad it was.
>>
File: Ollie Smile.png (71KB, 170x167px) Image search: [Google]
Ollie Smile.png
71KB, 170x167px
>>86290214
No problem, thank you for taking the time to write some kind words
>>
>>86290184
Don't fucking start with the money figures, it serves no purpose and isn't indicative of anything regarding the films themselves. All it does is start console wars.
>>
>>86290205
> these mental gymnastics
>>
>>86290243
But Kanye West sells plain white T-shirts for 120$ and people buy them so they must be better than other plain white Tshirt
>>
>>86290250
What's gymnastics about it. You fags have had daily threads since BvS and now with SS trying to justify your sub par movies. It's a fact. CW gets mentioned more in these threads then it's own
>>
>>86290205
That's right, it's all a conspiracy by Marvel to make people hate your movies.

It couldn't at all be that the DCEU is a rushed ham-fisted effort spear-headed by a hack director and corporate meddling, no, it's just Stan Lee's goon squad spreading disinformation and blue pilling people with pro-Marvel / anti-DC rhetoric.

It's so clear now and here I thought DC forcing their biggest properties to the forefront of these movies to force financial bank despite having no plan, but in truth that was just Marvel brainwashing. Thank you Damage Control, you've opened my eyes to the Marvel Matrix which we live in and twists reality to make DC look bad.
>>
>>86290268
Do you really believe or is part of your posting in this thread an exercise to reinforce the delusions which you cling to in your mind?
>>
File: 1473722327294.jpg (141KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1473722327294.jpg
141KB, 1200x675px
>>86290268
>>
>>86290243
>Don't fucking start with the money figures

now thats pathetic
>>
>>86290280
>MARLEL INVENTED ENSEMBLE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>86290287
2 seconds in the archives says it's a fact
>>
>>86290298

but the DNC email leaks literally prove that?

Hopefully her pneumonia is terminal.
>>
>>86290268
Because CW was honestly pretty bad
>>
>>86290341
It has nothing to do with being a battered housewife or whatever. Bayformers makes absurd amounts of money every time they put a movie out.

Does that make the movies good? Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>86290368
> I didn't watch said movie, but have gotten away with panning so often that I feel fairly confident in calling it shit.
>>
>>86290359
Yet here we are in this thread trying to defend the DCEU by the same merit which you leverage against the Marvel films.
>>
The DCEU gave us Piss Jar, can't imagine Disney ever signing off on something like that. Lex Luthor was a great villain, any bad guy can kill people, but leaving a jar of piss on someone's desk is next level villainy.
>>
>>86290362
> Shillary!

I can only imagine what terrifying correlations may exist between the mentalities of Trump supporters and people who like the DCEU.
>>
File: 1462783032560.jpg (1MB, 1400x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1462783032560.jpg
1MB, 1400x1338px
>>86290393
Truly future generations will look back on Jessie Eisenberg as a standard for how to do evil characters properly.
>>
>>86290406
Nah, that wouldn't be PC
>>
>>86290399
>Trump supporters and people who like the DCEU.

See this is the thing, the geek press is constantly making it seem like right-thinking, good hearted people like the MCU and anyone who doesn't is a sociopath/monster. Why are we moralising matters of taste like that? I remember when Suicide Squad came out sites tried to make hay out of one of the producers donating to Trump, like he didn't produce half the movies WB put out this year, but the goal was to make the DCEU "evil" or somehow right-wing by association. I saw some movie critic on twitter suggest Snyder must hate his own mother based on his films, even though I don't think he's ever treated his female characters that badly. People are actually attempting to pathologise taste in movies. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>86290406
If you think I was being sarcastic I wasn't. It was just such a deliciously petty bit of evil that I loved, Luthor hates her for denying his import licence so he turns her homespun saying back at her right before blowing her up with a wheelchair bomb. It was great.
>>
>>86290393
Lex had no motivation for hating superman other then his daddy issues.
>>
File: 1440222806430.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1440222806430.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>86290441
>>
>>86290454
Inorite, can't wait for Shia Labouff to play a villain in a future DCEU movie.
>>
>>86290441
> Doesn't deny being a trump supporter.
>>
>>86290459
Sort of? There's also the fact that Superman represents a power he can never attain. He feels inadequate in comparison.
>>
>>86290441
Because they are quite literally shilling for Marvel.

We live in a world where not liking the right things (Marvel, the Ghostbusters reboot, Hillary Clinton) is evil.
>>
>>86290493
I'm not a Trump supporter, I'm not even from the USA.
>>
>>86290459

His daddy issues are the foundation to his entire amoral look on life, Superman represents everything he thinks is false and phoney because he's antithetical to everything Lex believes how power works.
>>
>>86290487

The Flamingo.
>>
>>86290377
I did watch it, and it was really subpar. Airport scene was best part.
>>
>>86290500
All part of the New World Order Reptile Illuminati conspiracy to conform our thought forms. Preach the truth brother!
>>
>>86290459
tell me, why does comics Lex hate Superman?
>>
>>86290523
Not enough piss jars?
>>
>>86290528
>facts are conspiracies
>>
>>86290523
Oh, you know about the airport scene? Then that's clearly proof that you watched the movie because there's no other way you'd know about that.
>>
File: 14a6b17daaa6cb33.jpg (33KB, 875x655px) Image search: [Google]
14a6b17daaa6cb33.jpg
33KB, 875x655px
>>86290543
>>
>>86290545
Why do you assume no one that watched the movie could dislike it?
>>
>>86290536
Because Superman constantly meddles in his nefarious big money schemes and machinations.
>>
>>86290536

Silver Age: because he made him bald.
Byrneboot: because Superman humiliated Lex in front of everybody who's who in Metropolis when Lex's plan (orchestrate a phoney hostage situation with real terrorists) to lure Superman to him and so he could buy (this is fat, 80s "Gordon Gecko" type businessman Lex) Superman's services (because everyone's for sale) backfired and landed him in jail for the night.
>>
>>86284884
I'm a DC fag through and through and I find them all incredibly disappointing.

BvS and Suicudie squad are just plain bad, only thing they do right are some visual moments and designs of characters. Very bad movies though.

Man of Steel is just painfully mediocre.

I wish Zack Snyder would fucking retire and never make a movie again and fuck Warner for handing him the keys.
>>
>>86290536
Lex has a god complex and can't stand the thought of someone superior to him, especially because he got it all through biology and genetics while Lex had to earn it through blood and tears.
>>
>>86290565
Zack Snyder is the only interesting thing about the DCEU so far. Nerds just want another MCU, which is fucking anodyne as hell.
>>
>>86290582
You have to be pretty braindead and narrow minded to think that anyone who hates Zack Snyder wants another MCU.

I certainly fucking don't, Zack is just a Michael Bay tier hack and I will never comprehend how he's liked by anyone.
>>
>>86290536
Because Superman didn't have to work a day in his life to get where he is. He was born special.
Because Superman waltzed into town one day and crowned himself the king of Metropolis but never put single cent towards making it the great city it is.
Because the common people who litter the streets see his simple smile and his colourful costume and think he's their saviour, when he's really no different than any other would-be conqueror from outer space.
>>
>>86290586

Because Zach is a visionary.
>>
>>86290586
Don't bother reasoning with Synder fanboys
>>
>>86290551
For a number of reasons.

First of all, you bringing it up is quite obviously nothing more than an attempt to change the tone of the argument and put, what you perceive to be, the Marvel shills on the defensive.

You offer no specifics or meaningful context for your criticism of the film other than you want to lash out at a widely accepted and praised film to further the argument of the industry and popular opinion being orchestrated against your viewpoints.

>>86290582
> Zack hits me because he loves me.

>>86290586
He makes superficial eye candy with ham-fisted symbolism that subnormers eat up because their inability to wrap their minds around elementary elements must surely mean it's "deep". Same reason so many people like Metal Gear Solid.
>>
>>86290586
>Michael Bay tier hack
Nice meme.
>>
I like how the DCEU kino fags here have no idea how to parse Suicide Squad. They've got to defend it because console wars, but it's the most blatantly "it appeals to normies" movie WB has put out, and its consequently the most successful, and that makes them go REEEEEEEE. Such is the argumentative quandry when your entire stance is founded on "hate the popular thing."

How's it feel knowing that a race swapped Will Smith playing Will Smith Presents Deadshot is more popular than Superman at this point?
>>
>>86290541
Anyone who thinks piss jar is somehow a flaw is under 28.

HAHA URINE HEEHEE
>>
>>86290599
I was just pointing out that it's dumb to act like no one can dislike Civil War. I didn't like it myself because it looks like a cheap tv show instead of a movie, and the story is dumb.
>>
>>86290610
Call it a meme all you want, it's true.

They are on the same level of terrible making movies.

Michael Bay is actually more admirable because he's aware of how dumb his movies are, that's just what he likes. Snyder thinks his movies are smart and artistic when they're just as fucking loud and obnoxious as anything Bay makes with no substance.
>>
>>86290611
MoS and BvS are daring and powerful.

SS is just a good way to kill two hours.
Not an ambitious movie, but certainly not a bad one.
>>
File: 1472091010051.png (82KB, 720x349px) Image search: [Google]
1472091010051.png
82KB, 720x349px
>>86290624
>I didn't read the posts in this thread from people who like the films and intelligently explain why
oh it shows
>>
>>86290630
>MoS and BvS are daring and powerful.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>86284884
That I despise them and that I won't see JL. I probably won't see WW either.
>>
>>86290640
not an argument
>>
>>86290630
Wow, this delusionalism here is getting good now. Hold on I'm gonna make some popcorn.
>>
>>86290645
not an argument
>>
>>86290645
Neither is spouting blatantly false claims about film quality. I.e. "Daring and Powerful"
>>
>>86290599
Kojima would make a better Superman movie.
Hell, Max Landis would make a better Superman movie.
>>
>>86290656
>blatantly false
no
>>
>>86290637
>>I didn't read the posts in this thread from people who like the films and intelligently explain why

Four years of "you just don't understand it because you're autistic not muh marveldrone" is not the intelligent explanation you're insisting it is and no amount of repeating that is going to make us think it is.
>>
>>86290660
>Hell, Max Landis would make a better Superman movie.

That's not even worthy of being spoiler'd. It's just blatantly true.
>>
>>86290678
I spoilered it because know that triggers kinofags especially hard.
>>
>>86290689
All the more reason to not spoiler it.

"Kino" fags need to neck themselves.
>>
>>86290599
okay fine, how about I hated how Spider-Man was shoehorned into the movie for no reason other than fan service and then fucked off. I also really hated how irrational Tony acts throughout the whole movie but then turns at the end for again no reason other than he regrets ever getting mad to begin with. Most of the problems in the MCU stem from Tony making mistakes.

I also hated how boring the cinematography was and how boring the color palette was.

Is that enough criticism for you, you fetus?
>>
I just don't understand why anyone with a brain would think it's a good idea to found a franchise on deconstructions. As applied to the DCU, those are especially cliche. If anything there needed to be a reaffirmation of the characters in order to revitalize their mass appeal, not an examination of why they don't work as concepts.

>"They weren't deconstructions!"
Snyder's wife and producer said they were. Let it go already.
>>
>>86290589
>>86290574
these are correct and come through in BvS

>>86290559
>>86290554
These are stupidely literal readings
>>
>>86290723
>literal is bad
Why?
>>
>>86290676
read
>>86289994
>>86290003
>>86290008
>>86290019
>>86290025
>>86290039

Literally none of it is "you didnt understand it" it just talks about things that actually happened in the movie.
>>
>>86290732
Because it's not actually explaining why Lex hates Superman.

Not him by the way.
>>
>>86290676
see
>>86289982
>>86289682
you fucking jackass
>>
>>86290717
They literally didn't. In fact Nolan (one of the producers) literally said Snyder was reconstructing Superman in this article:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/man-of-steel-zack-snyder-tries-reconstruction-for-superman/
>>
>>86290740
No one cares about your pasta that you post in every thread.

Movies are shit, get over it.
>>
>>86290747
literally only ever been posted twice, once in this thread and once in its own but good try
>>
>>86290717
>I just don't understand why anyone with a brain would think it's a good idea to found a franchise on deconstructions

This is probably true, but to my mind the deconstruction is more interesting than the franchise.
>>
File: 1471753685591.jpg (144KB, 1746x1294px) Image search: [Google]
1471753685591.jpg
144KB, 1746x1294px
>>86290717
BvS was a reconstruction you fool.
At least the ultimare cut was.

It's about Clark dying to save our world and as the priest says "being reborn out of the dirt" as a native son of earth.

And in doing so he saves Bruce from the fever and the rage by proving that men are still good.

It's all in the movie but I guess thinking is hard.
>>
File: (You).jpg (94KB, 898x234px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
94KB, 898x234px
>>86290747
neck yourself buddy
>>
>>86284884
If I ever find out where Geoff Johns lives I'm gonna go to his house and throw all his cereal away

that answer your question
>>
Each Film
>MoS
Rocky start but NOT BAD, they can build off this. Origin Stories are almost always shit anyway.
>BvS
FUCK ME, REALLY
>Suicide Squad
Oh I was expecting a lot worse, This isn't that bad. I would have done some things differently though.

Johns Changes
I reserve any opinion until I see some actual work

What I like
Cavill, Afleck ,Davis
I used to like Martha Kent until BvS
Karen Fukuhara is cutie.
Alfred.
Faora.

What don't I like
The plots to any of the movies so far. I think they're the biggest weak point. They focus on visuals way more than story or characters.

What I would change
Focus on building up main villains over multiple movies before any direct confrontation with the hero. Pushed back the JL movie a couple years. Hired a different actress to play WW. Had her movie take place closer to modern times. No Doomsday in BvS. No Cyborg, someone once suggested Vixen. I think that's a great idea.
>>
>>86290746
>>86290763
>They're reconstructions
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/06/justice-league-batman-v-superman-mistakes

>Deborah Snyder told Buchanan that “every film is a learning experience.” Asked for her takeaways from Batman v Superman, Snyder replied, “The main thing we learned, I think: people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed.”

Direct quote from the producer and wife of the director. When you keep pretending like this didn't happen that doesn't exactly counter the idea that you guys are living in a fantasy world and denying reality.

Now's the part where you try and read between the lines and inject headcanon and go "well she really meant THIS" or accuse vanity fair of having a "pro-Marlel agenda".

Please. We're all waiting.
>>
>>86290803
Are you retarded?

To reconstruct you have to deconstruct.

Batman's entire arc was reconstruction at the expense of Superman's deconstruction.

You are clinically, willfully retarded.
>>
>>86290741
How does saying that, for example, Byrnes Lex hates Superman for showing him up in a public forum not explain why Lex hates Superman? It's literal yes, but the explanation is still there.

Do we really need to (and I hate to use this phrase because of how these threads have ruined it) spell it out by adding on 'And Lex is egotistical' for it to suddenly become deep or whatever?

Why is literal bad?
>>
>>86290803
yeah Batman was deconstructed, taken past the point of The Dark Knight Returns and submitting the Watchmen idea that a batman in the 'real world' would eventually be broken and kill. That is why its about Superman bringing him back to being a superhero, reconstructing the superhero myth.
>>
>>86290796
>you need 70173130913 movies before making an ensemble movie
>all movies need to be decompressed like muh bendis comics and spread over a couple decades

ebin
>>
>>86290803
>>86290817
No one has a very good definition for Deconstruction so this argument can't really go anywhere.
>>
>>86290825
literal just doesnt explain it well enough. Because he doesnt hate him just because he showed up. There is a reason why people with autism, as in people that interpret everything literally and cant infer subtext, are considered to be handicapped.
>>
>>86290745
So I should ignore the rest of the thread?
Ye shall be judged by the company you keep.
Besides I'm thinking from the weasel words you're that guy that flips out and whines about "serious scifi donner is so campy for babies I hate it" fag that shows up like clockwork.
>>
>>86290835
in cape comics, a deconstruction is basically "what if this character existed in the 'real' world"
>>
>>86290723
>These are stupidely literal readings

Wut, those two are literally the explanation give in the comics. Sure, later they gave other, reasons as well, but that's what got the ball running in their own eras.
>>
>>86290841
>Ye shall be judged by the company you keep.

So if Hitler liked Marvel movies I should equate all Marvel fans to Hitler?

You are a fetus.
>>
>>86290841
What?
All I gave you was intelligent posts explaining why they are good.
Don't try that boogeyman shit. You can't just handwave opinions you don't like.
>>
>>86290817
>To reconstruct you have to deconstruct.
Says who?
>>
File: le not moore feac.jpg (547KB, 475x500px) Image search: [Google]
le not moore feac.jpg
547KB, 475x500px
>>86290844
t. Alan Moore
>>
>>86290852
So you think Luthor hated Superman because he made him bald, it had nothing to do with it being humiliated by a super alien, just because he was bald and nothing else.
>>
>>86290831
Push back a couple of years is some how equal to 70173130913 movies.
>>
>>86290844
Then I'd say BvS was a deconstruction, it was a good one though. The filmmaking had a sense of the fantastical which I think matters more.
>>
>>86290861
Are you simple?

It would just be construction if there has been no deconstruction.
>>
>>86290861
if you dont have a deconstruction, then what is there to reconstruct?

>>86290862
well are there any other examples of cape deconstructions in comics?
>>
>>86290868
well it was partially one, but the whole thing ends with Superman reconstructing the Superhero, that someone can be all good and that power can indeed be innocent.

I mean the film literally gets brighter as it goes on, come on.
>>
>>86290864

That's Silver Age writing for you.
>>
>>86290840
>Because he doesnt hate him just because he showed up.
First, it's "showed HIM up".
That pronoun changes the meaning. To put it another way, Lex thinks he's hot shit, and parades around like he's hot shit, and then Superman comes in and steals that thunder and Lex gets butthurt about it, because he wants to be the center of attention.

Why is that not explanation enough? Comic books have always had or even needed really complex characters.
But then again you're just going "autism" now so I'm thinking it's better to just stop bothering to get a good answer out of you.
>>
> You will never be as delusional as the kino fags

slow night on /tv/ fellas?
>>
>>86290891
oh I misread, yeah showing him up implies the embarrassment and everything else. My bad m8.

>>86290885
Ive read the superboy issue in which it happens, it definitely is a little more than just literally being bald.
>>
>>86290899
quality post
>>
> people legitimately defending Lex Luthor in BvS.
>>
>>86290857
>Don't try that boogeyman shit. You can't just handwave opinions you don't like.
Even if I ignore this entire thread, there was literally a petition based around the idea of an overarching conspiracy against DC.
Do you really not get the irony of you saying that in light of this?
>>
>>86290908
>not liking Golden Age/Hackmen composite Luthor right out of Birthright
>>
>>86290916
look I was the fag that wrote the huge autistic post about why I love BvS and MoS so much, but I was never part of any of that retarded rotten tomatoes shit. Dont just group everyone up, use your brain.
>>
>>86290874
>if you dont have a deconstruction, then what is there to reconstruct?
Public perception

And to be fair if you look way up in the chain I never said they were reconstructing anything at first. I think what we need is a reaffirmation of the merits of the franchises rather than dismantling them first. Give people the finished steak, don't show them the cow being slaughtered.

Superman had enough baggage and people hating on him without being taken apart and broken down first. There wasn't as much goodwill there to burn as people here are so insistent there was and the idea that audiences are going to stick around for not one, not two, but three movies to get what they wanted the first time is just silly.
>>
>>86290908
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!
>BASED RUSSOS SAVE ME PLEASE!
>>
>>86290931
>>not liking Golden Age/Hackmen composite Luthor right out of Birthright
Everything you just said is contradictory.
>>
>>86290943
But all BvS did was re-affirm that. It was all about Superman pulling Batman away from this point of deconstruction in pop culture (due mostly to the nolan movies)

Superman was never taken apart or broken down, he just struggled with being Superman in a world that refused to accept such a pure husbando.
>>
>>86290947
Your composure is unraveling.
>>
>>86290879
>that someone can be all good and that power can indeed be innocent.

See I don't think that movie can be summed up like that at all. Remember that just before Superman sacrifices his life he says to Lois "You are my world" and in the Knightmare sequence before he kills Batman he says "She was my world", so his love for Lois is both the thing that ennobles him, giving him faith that the world is good and worth dying for, and his love for her makes him vulnerable to rage and cruelty at her loss. I was reading an article from 2010 where Snyder talks about Excalibur (a movie which he references several times in BvS)

>http://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1002-Summer-2010/Screening-Room-Zack-Snyder.aspx
>"It's the idea that men are powerless," says Snyder. "All the things that make us men—love, hate—that's
our downfall, the thing that destroys us."

So I don't think Superman's death in this film can be read so simply, it suggests the possibility of hope, and it inspires this in Batman, but the same things that made Superman a hero now can make him a villain later.
>>
>>86290956
Not really, read Birthright, he even has the same trench coat as BvS luthor. And the orange haired luthor in Birthright is meant to be a call back to mad scientist lex from the golden and early silver ages, which heavily informed the crazed real estate mogul Hackmen Lex.
>>
>>86284884
I kind of enjoyed Man of Steel (wouldn't watch it again though) and I thought both BvS and SS were shit. BvS had some good moments like the Batman warehouse fight, but I'm struggling to find things I liked in SS. I guess Will Smith, but then again he didn't play Deashot, he was just Will Smith.

I don't have much faith in the universe at this point. I hope the movies will be good, but I won't give them my money anymore. I used to think Snyder was the one that was ruining this universe, but after seeing SS I'm not so sure any more. It's clear that people high up in WB don't know what to do with these properties and they're just flinging shit at the wall in hope that something will stick. Some people enjoy the DCEU and that's fine, but I realized it's not for me. I'm struggling to connect with the characters in these movies, they all feel really cold and lacking in the human aspect. I don't have that problem with the DC comics, so I don't think it's a case of me just not connecting with DC superheroes. SS had the potential to have some really great, charming characters, but they just butchered that movie beyond repair. It's the movie that saddens me the most, because I thought it had the most potential and they just wasted it.
>>
>>86290938
Why?
Why should I extend to you the courtesy that I am not met with? Four years of this based capekino , anyone that disagrees is a marvel shill shit? I'm done trying to engage in earnest. This is what the DCEU threads are now. This is what the DCEU is now, and will only ever be since WB themselves tried to gild the lily and put out that press release prior to BvS going "it's too smart for audiences".

Get used to it. This is the muck. It was made for you.
>>
>>86290970
sure, but the affirmation of a person being all good is still there. I wasn't saying that was the only thing, but I think part of when superman says "This is my world" he is also confirming that he wont become the dictator Batman fears he will be. Mostly because, thanks partially to Lois and her love for him, they were able to talk to Batman and become allies.
>>
>>86290979
Except that the parallels between Clark and Lex as present in Birthright aren't in BvS at all. Additionally Lex shows up fully formed; we're not given a view into his past except through his very unreliable words.

The hair and the clothes are really the only similarities. It's all aesthetic, not contextual.
>>
>>86290988
What do you mean? Just ignored the trolls man, i dont respond to most of them, im just saying why bother lumping everyone into these giant groups. I sure as shit never assumed anyone saying bad things were marvel shills, and I know marvel did not pay critics or there is any kind of conspiracy.

I just think the marvel movies are inoffensive and fun, thus broadly appealing, while the DC movies are obviously very polarizing.

No reason to be mad friendo, we can have different tastes and respect each other. Im pumped for Doctor Strange btw.
>>
>>86290967
>Superman was never taken apart or broken down, he just struggled with being Superman in a world that refused to accept such a pure husbando.
Superman's poorly founded deconstruction was in part the movie before this one.
>>
>>86291008
what do you mean, BvS is literally Lex transitioning from red hair birthright lex to bald modern age lex by the end.

And we dont need to see his past or have the parallels for it to be a good depiction or be the same character. I dont know why you would insist we do.
>>
>>86291022
yeah kind of, though throughout MoS Superman is "reconstructing" himself more. Thought im getting really tired of using these terms.

MoS isnt really a deconstruction, so much as Superman starts at his most deconstructed point (just being hoboman and saving people from oil rigs and shit) and gets progressively more "constructed" as a hero.
>>
>>86291015
>Im pumped for Doctor Strange btw.
The only part I'm looking forward to is Strange being a jerk, the current marvel heroes are too likeable, someone coarse and surly would be nice. There's enough wise cracking coolguys.
>>
>>86290970
The problem with the idea that Superman can be corrupted and made into an evil despot (with the death of a single person that's so prone to danger that she'd be better off in a Final Destination movie) is that it lends Bruce's paranoia which is supposedly "wrong" and reiterates the very cogent and ultimately handwaved point that the sheer risk of Superman merits at least discussing his removal from the status quo.

They made Superman too much like Tony Stark; in that all the problems thusfar are a result of his existence in some form or another. He needs an unmitigated, non pyhrric victory. Even saving the world from Doomsday rings hollow because it demanded he die to do it.
>>
>>86291053
but the whole point of the ending is that Superman wont become that because he was able to talk to Batman instead of continuing their fighting.
>>
>>86291025
>what do you mean, BvS is literally Lex transitioning from red hair birthright lex to bald modern age lex by the end.
That's still just aesthetics man.
Look I'm gonna say this. I don't give a shit if Lex has hair or not. His character is more than what's on top of his head.

And we dont need to see his past or have the parallels for it to be a good depiction or be the same character.
Good depiction no, same character yes. Birthright Lex is a parallel to Clark *IN BIRTHRIGHT* in that they both come from Smallville and used to be friends. So when we see them meet up again a decade later, it's to show how far Lex has fallen in his morality and how Clark has risen. BvS doesn't have that dynamic. It's got a different one; yes, and different is neither bad nor good, but comparing the two and saying they're the same isn't fair to either.
>>
>>86291064
I don't read that from the ending, the dark timeline still needs to be averted. This will be a plotpoint in JL most likely.
>>
>>86291039
Yeah maybe you should stop using those terms because you're not using them right.
>>
>>86291064
But Lois, who is his world, and apparently the only thing keeping him from going full despot, can still die.
In fact there's no reason she shouldn't be dead already. Lex still has connections. A single phone call should see both Lois and Martha dead while he's in prison.
>>
>>86291078
i was never comparing the dynamic, but they definitely have the BvS lex, as a character and not a dynamic, from Birthright, while also drawing from the golden age roots that Birthright itself is homaging and mixing in some Hackmen.

The BvS Lex then becomes modern age lex at the end, he becomes more collected (sans the bell ringing freak out of course). I mean, we will really have to wait and see future movies, but I genuinely believe that is the internet. To have this Lex's character arc reflect how Lex has grown throughout his entire publishing history.
>>
>>86291083
well how about you actually say how they arent right instead of just being an asshat about it. they were used right in context of capes.
>>
File: 1405655245479.jpg (15KB, 202x299px) Image search: [Google]
1405655245479.jpg
15KB, 202x299px
>>86284884
I just want decent DC movies. Why the fuck is that so hard? How do you fail a concept like Batman vs Superman?

Marvel can nail consistent mediocrity but BvS was dull and SS was slightly more entertaining while being a mess of a film.

Just make a good film already
>>
>>86291093
>>86291079

Well I read it as that it instead of Lois or Martha dying (making it so Lois isnt his ONLY connection to humanity), Lois was the "key" in that she was the catalyst that let Batman and Superman become allies, by explaining that Martha is Superman's mother, and thus Batman saved Martha and teamed up with Superman instead of continuing their war far into the future.

But I guess we'll have to wait till JL to know for sure.
>>
>>86291100
>i was never comparing the dynamic,
I was.
> but they definitely have the BvS lex, as a character and not a dynamic, from Birthright,
You keep saying this but the only thing you seem to take away from Birthright is a coat and red hair. How are they similar in character? In actions? In words? Post some pages. Use examples. Cite your damn argument.

( ...Also are you typing from a phone or something because you autocorrected intent as internet and it's funny as hell)
>>
>>86291111
get better taste
>>
Here's how I feel about the DCEU
The movies aren't horrible. They're more or less around 7/10.

They have many way too easy/dumb flaws though, which means the creative teams are self-important morons. Especially Snyder.

Snydersupes is horrible and that's the main problem.

The critics judge it way too harshly though, for reasons that are untrue.
>>
File: Lex1.jpg (84KB, 671x539px) Image search: [Google]
Lex1.jpg
84KB, 671x539px
>>86291120
im just tired, and I will use some pictures to prove it. Allow me three examples.

First they take Lex's more eccentric nature, as he was in the golden age, from Birthright like in pic related. He is also is a spaz when in the high school class, like how he kind of spazes out in the library.
>>
File: Lex2.jpg (56KB, 520x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lex2.jpg
56KB, 520x300px
>>86291120
Here is a bit where they are describing Lex, and notice how the whole "people fear what they dont understand, what they cant communicate with" is exactly Lex's scheme in BvS. He refuses to let Superman communicate with the world at large so they fear and distrust him.

Which is in parallel to how BvS and Birthright Lex have problems expressing themselves to people (the previously mentioned library scene, how he dismisses Lois' insult as her just not understanding him)
>>
>Man of Steel
Loved it.

>Batman v Superman
Fucking loved it

>Suicide Squad
First time I thought it was a fucking mess
Second time I went in just for the characters and loved it
>>
>>86291123
I'll try

but Snyder is a hack

Dude could barely make a decent movie out of fucking Watchmen; why is he a leading member of the DCEU?
>>
>>86291106
I'm going to resist the urge to make a joke about spoonfeeding and say that it's got to do with a few things that were regarded as "controversial" and the general poor structure of the movie's final act and denoument. Even "In the context of capes" there's more to deconstructions than "it's more realistic this way". That's part of it certainly, but not the whole.

Clark wandering the earth and performing random acts of altruism? That's neither particularly deconstructive or reconstructive. In the right hands it's even a good idea, because it helps build the world around him.

Clark needing to kill in order to learn he doesn't want to? That's a different matter. That IS a deconstruction in the literary sense; Snyder tried to examine the idea of a "no kill code". He took it apart, and said "the only way a guy with this power can learn the sanctity of life is to do this". But that's not really realism in any sense of the word, is it?
Similarly the whole "if people find out about aliens it will change everything" is a deconstructive element (in Snyder's hands). Because again it looks at the genre convention "aliens on earth" and goes "This is what would REALLY happen". This IS a deconstrutiv element in the context as you're defining it. It's not even necessarily a bad one in theory, but rather in execution, because what we're given is largely what if statements that the movie itself does little to affirm.

The problem is really more that Snyder doesn't do this kind of stuff evenly or particularly well. Like the whole secret identity wearing glasses thing? That just gets glossed over entirely. It's not only a key component of the genre, but also the solution to the whole problem of Clark's inablity to fit in that the movie posits on and it's just time skipped to with no exploration one way or the other, either to say "this doesn't work" (decon) or "here's how it would" (recon) But the angst? There's plenty of room to pontificate over that.
>>
File: Lex3.jpg (295KB, 1139x905px) Image search: [Google]
Lex3.jpg
295KB, 1139x905px
>>86291120
and here is Lex making a giant scene, pissing on everyone around him to gain power, and I dont even think I need to say how this can be seen in BvS Lex.

But again, the point of having young lex being so eccentric is that it mirrors how he was in the golden and early silver age. It represents, like I believe the movie is too, that he grows into becoming modern age Lex because its a better way of dealing with Superman.
>>
>>86291177
I think there is more intent to it then you give it credit for. The way Superman wonders around just saving people is him wondering what he should do with his power, that is what I meant more by the deconstruction aspect. Like it starts off as this meditation of what should a person with so much power do, Zod even presenting him a choice of bringing back his race of super people. But as the movie goes on, he realizes that what he needs to do with that power is just save people. And he finally decides that by killing Zod, a mistake, but also an affirmation of his dedication to his people and a lesson from which he can grow.
>>
>>86291140
I find it strange and honestly a little suspicious how you're posting a third of a page without context here. Lex isn't spazzing out or being eccentric in that scene, he's laughing at Clark's ignorance with regards to his own identity.

Second, the >>86291154 you posted is about Lex, not Clark/Superman. He doesn't understand people in general. That's why when he see's Clark's telescope he goes "Who did you have to bribe to get something like this?"

>>86291184
Lastly, I disagree with you on the point you derive from these pages. The point is rather that Lex is flamboyantly flaunting his gifts (his intellect) regardless of consequence to anyone, in comparison to Clark, who we see trying to downplay them at this point in the story. It works in the context as a counterpoint, but when you remove that counterpoint the meaning shifts.

Even what you regard as Lex's eccentricity is only there to contrast to Clark. Clark starts off quiet, ends up in a bright blue suit doing overt actions; Lex starts out loud, he gets quiet and cerebral. It works here because we see both from their relative starts, whereas in BvS we skip the foundations that make the contrast so poignant.
>>
>>86291254
I was using spazz out because a lot of people view BvS Lex as a spazz. But it is still him being eccentric, especially when he just shits on everyone in his class for no reason. Thats not normal, people just dont do that normally.

And I posted the second one to show that it was taking something that was a flaw of Lex (which is still present in BvS just in a different way) and show how its reflecting in his own plans.

And a VERY similar parallel exists in BvS, in that Lex has every opportunity and ability to talk to the public, but is bad at at actually communicating his point (again his stuttering during the speech, insulting Lois, how the senator dismisses everything he says in his office). While he refuses to let Superman ever talk to the public, but without saying a word, and through his actions, Superman is able to communicate his true intentions and goodness (ie his sacrificing himself)

If you just give the movie a chance and let go of this bias towards it, youll se its very faithful to Birthright, while still doing its own thing.
>>
>>86291213
Oh I certainly think there's intent, but not the same conclusions you're drawing. While there is a tradition of Clark wandering the earth in his formative years from Donner to Birthright (and even after a fashion in the il advised Grounded) I don't think it's a coincidence that by the time Clark is done wandering the wilderness (in relative solitude) he's the exact same age as Christ was when he finished his own wandering the wilderness segment. I think that was the driving inspiration more than anything else.

Furthermore, Clark's realization is cyclical. He knew back when he was a kid pulling is bus out of the lake that he should use his powers to save people, going back to that isn't a grand realization.

And I'm sorry but Snyder himself said the reasoning behind Clark killing Zod was to establish his no kill policy going forward. Asking me to trust your interpretation of directorial intent in direct opposition to director's commentary is just too much.
>>
>>86291297
I never said it wasnt there to establish his no kill rule, in fact I agree with you. I do still think that its his affirmation to his loyalty to Earth and the final step, the last mistake, in his becoming an icon/hero.

I also think its less realizing that he has to use the powers for good, but how to do that while having that power remain innocent/without it corrupting him. And he does that by having the Superman/Clark Kent thanks to the suit.
>>
>>86291291
>especially when he just shits on everyone in his class for no reason.
He literally explains his reasons right before he does it though.

Also the whole issue of communication in public isn't the same deal. Lex's problem in Birthright isn't communication but rather comprehension, which is a far more serious character flaw.

It's an extremely weak parallel you're trying to draw. BvS Lex is just BvS Lex. That's going to have to be enough for you.
>>
>>86288325
I just wanted a threat that wasn't filled with "Snyder Kino" or "Man of Murder" you don't have to like the film, but everytime a DCEU thread is made its derailed after a few posts with a meme
>>
>>86291328
You didnt really refuse anything I said. And sure its explained why Lex went on his rant in that page, he goes to such lengths and reveals everyones secrets for really no reason. He didnt have to go that far to make his point.

Also BvS twists the comprehension thing, in that everyone else has a problem comprehending what Lex is trying to talk about. Its really not a weak parallel because its one of the driving points of the movie that Superman is denied the opportunity to talk to the people and that he fucks up the chance he had to communicate with Batman.

Lex, meanwhile, has no problem with methods or means of communicating but no one "comprehends" him if thats the word you choose to use.
>>
>>86291325
The problem with affirming Clark's loyalty to Earth is that they didn't really do much to establish it in the first place, and in fact until it's time to be tested it exists in a kind of quantum uncertainty.
Furthermore they'd have to have framed it as a mistake rather than a necessity for it to work as his final mistake (and seeing as how his next major win results in his own death, it's not really his final one either).
Having the Superman/Clark divide would've been great, but the movie doesn't do anything with that.

And that's my biggest pet peeve. The parts of the DCEU I was most excited to see keep happening off camera. I want to see Cavill's acting chops by pulling off two personas. But we don't really get that. The whole glasses thing is handwaved. I want to see Lex and Bruce use their intellect to figure out secret identities, but we don't get that. It happens off camera. I want to see Clark having friends, but we don't get that. I want to see the rise of heroes before we're given their falls and their jaded returns to form.

Win over the crowd first. Set up the universe. Take your time. That's the problem really. Man of Steel was a rush job. And not "oh they needed to compete with Marvel" rush job but in the more sinister "They needed to protect the movie rights and have a film in production by 2011". That NEVER works well.

What we've ended up with is a Superman that, when he died, I felt nothing but bored. And that's a shame.
>>
>>86291351
>Also BvS twists the comprehension thing, in that everyone else has a problem comprehending what Lex is trying to talk about.
Either you're not getting it or I'm not explaining it.The issue isn't "Clark is denied to talk to people (communication. although honestly he's not denied he just doesn't)" versus Lex's inablity to communicate in Birthright.

The thing is that in Birthright Lex CAN communicate with people just fine. It's just that he doesn't get them. He doesn't filter himself because he lacks social training and he, Lex, is a sociopath that doesn't really get the whole "right and wrong" thing. Which is why when he sees that someone has gotten a gift, he thinks it's the result of bribery or trickery.
People comprehend Birthright Lex. It's LEX that doesn't understand THEM.

Honestly, Birthright Lex is kind of an aspergers case.
>>
>>86291372
The glasses will always be handwaved. I mean, where ISNT it handwaved?

Also killing Zod was only a mistake because he couldnt find a third way. He was given an ultimatum and submitted to it. In BvS he is given a similar ultimatum, kill Batman or Martha dies. But instead he finds the third way and teams up with Bruce. Yes it requires his death, but it was the most noble, the most "good" thing to do. And we see at the end that not even death can claim him, and that he did make the right choice.
>>
>>86291391
What does any of that have to do with BvS Lex? The initial post that started this claimed that BvS Lex was a mix of golden/silver age lex and hackmen lex, much like birthright lex and taking a lot of cues from that same interpretation. He obviously isnt a 1:1 for him. All I was trying to prove was that they took a lot of elements of BvS Lex from Birthright Lex and I did that.
>>
>>86291053

Bruce's whole argument hinged on paranoia and his own feelings of guilt, fear and cynicism. He thought his mission was a failure and projected his shame and insecurities and loss of hope to Superman and turned it into rampant hate. And then in the end Superman, rather than proving Batman right, redeems Batman and inspires him to be a better person and have faith in doing good again.
>>
>>86288745
The problem with MoS was that I didn't focus on any of the trauma Clark would feel from killing the last of his species.
>>
>>86284884
I love the idea of it, there is such a rich cast of characters and stories to call on. The potential is amazing, I feel a bit for marvel who have the F4, X-men and spiderman (now not so much) shipped out.

Regarding the movies, MoS is actually my favourite comicbook movie ahead of GotG, Cap 1 and Nolan 2. I really enjoy the tone, depth, world building and stakes in the DC movies.
>>
Okay

What could DC possibly do with a movie that would make the apologists in this thread admit it was terrible?
>>
>>86284884
suicide squad gave the corpse a chance.
now it's up to wonder woman and justice league to stem the impression that DCEU is going to fail
>>
>>86291760
would the apologists here ever admit it though?
>>
>>86291771
fuck no.

we got a bunch of crybabbies who can't deal with the opinions of others so they want to shut down a website that's partly-owned by warner.

fanbois can like the movie. i can dislike the movie. the difference is that I can actually deal with the fact that suicide squad is succeeding like an adult. the fucking fanboi faggots have to shout "HAW, TAKE THAT CIVIL WARRR."
>>
>>86291755
Degenerate its comics universe in the process of making movies, I suppose
>>
>>86291755

Rape your mother.
>>
>>86291814
>we got a bunch of crybabbies who can't deal with the opinions of others so they want to shut down a website that's partly-owned by warner.

And then there's the other equally retarded side that can't abide seeing some people voicing that they like DC movies.
>>
>>86291910
The problem isn't that they like the movies, it's that they won't acknowledge they are bad.
>>
>>86291920

I like the movie despite it's flaws. It's not a bad movie to me. The Big Sleep makes no sense whatsoever thanks to its jarring plot hole that ruins the entire mystery and is still one of the most beloved Film Noir classics of all time.
>>
>>86291920
So you think something is bad, so you're gonna form your own fascist army and ban anyone from liking it?

I want geek pseuds to leave
>>
>>86291951
You literally can't read.

I said it's fine that people like them. But they are bad movies and they won't accept it.
>>
>>86291955
Are you simple? Read my post again
>>
>>86291959
Stop pretending there's a deeper meaning behind your idiotic post.

The movies are bad, learn to accept.
>>
>>86291955
So which deity gave you the power to decide what's objectively good or bad?
>>
>>86291980
The deity of common sense.
>>
>>86284884
I think they have all been really poorly made movies that are so directionless that it's almost bizarre to watch. Each one feels like they're trying to be popular with whatever flavor is out without substance or structure. Even worse, the movies don't feel at all like the comics. You can poach as many visuals as you want, but Superman doesn't feel like Superman, Lex doesn't feel like Lex, Batman feels like an amazingly edgy version of Batman, and so on. On that note, the movies have been awful with tone. You can be serious, sure, but you need to respect the mythos at the same time.

I think they need to stop for a few years and start over. I would rather have no JL movie than a shitty one.
>>
>>86284884
>What are your honest thoughts on the DCEU thus far?

Some good ideas, horrible execution.
>>
>>86291991
You misspelled "reddit"
>>
>>86292001
>>86292015
Reddit has more credibility than the excrement that is your posts.
>>
>>86292023
Don't blame me, I'm just trying to get (you)s
And I am
>>
>>86284884

I'm liking it the more I see the internet disney propaganda machine collapse around it. Also pretty visuals but weak plots, tthe entire thing could go from ok/bad to great just by adding competent writers
>>
>>86284884
Pretty bummed, each movie felt like watching the first Thor, some neat ideas thrown to the side for generic schlock.

MoS is fine , BvS was just middling as a whole, SS was the biggest offender though.

Enchantress is such a shit villain for their first movie, the setup talks about how the squad is a black ops task force gor assasinations and what not but then their first assignment is a magic demon and zombies? The minute I saw that it really deflated my enjoyment of the film
>>
>>86289131
But TFA is really fucking better than BvS.
>>
As a huge DC guy the DCEU makes me both incrediblely sad and overwhelmingly angry in equal parts.

Zack Snyder and the WB heads are fucking incompetent and fundamentally don't understand these characters.

DCEU fanboys are literally one of the worst/stupidest fanbases ever. The DC Cinematic sub makes the rest of Reddit look good by comparison.

Geoff Johns is literally the only hope the DCEU had.
>>
>>86293378
I'm just curious how this is going to continue. If the films continue to disappoint will they only grow more and more delusional or will they eventually break out of it. It almost seems like a religion at this point.
>>
>>86292065
> I don't actually like the DCEU I'm just trolling.

Pretty sad this is the inevitable last ditch recourse of denial mechanisms.
>>
>>86288745
But nothing about the Krypton scenes was bad/dumb or weird.
>>
>>86284884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o
>>
>>86288745
>which is the same thing Superman does in the opening scene
No he said he didn't kill anyone.
>>
>>86289188
>>crystal skull got a fresh rating
Not a single thing wrong with that film aside from...
>Fridge survival
>Shia swinging on vines.
>>
>>86289248
>Lois was annoying as fuck
Yeah your delusional, this was the least annoying/hysterical/bitching/grating/overly emotional Lois we have ever gotten in live action.
>They gave away the biggest gag of "Where did Clark go? OH HEY! It's Superman!"
That is a good thing, it was cringe inducing garbage in the other films.
>It felt like they didn't want to make Superman: Hero for the people and make Superman: God or Alien?
Also a good thing.
>They can make their movies dark but for fucks sake remember they are COMIC BOOK MOVIES! Capes can't be taken seriously 100% of the time
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>86290586
>>86290624
Literally every single thing Bay does wrong Snyder does right.
>>
>>86290717
A deconstruction, showing what they would be like in a realistic environment is not inherently meant to show that they don't work.
>>
MoS and BvS are what I want comic movies to be. Suicide Squad was a terrible mistake.
>>
>>86289337
Do you think it's already for someone to kill another person because he killed his mom?
>>
>>86293378
>and fundamentally don't understand these characters.
Not forcing writers to walk on egg shells around Superman and outlaw any story paths that challenge him, show him making mistakes or making sacrifices or committing necessary evils for the greater good instead of risking more death just to keep blood off his hands is not a misunderstanding of the character, its letting him live up to his actual fucking potential.
>>
>>86294684
If that were true Snyder's movies wouldn't be so lacking in cohesion and thematic consistency.
>>
>>86294890
But they aren't lacking in such in anyway.
>>
>>86289296
>Boomerang came back to help the team after leaving
>was sympathetic to everyone's sob stories
>Deadshot had a daughter (he didn't in Ostrander's run, I know it is technically from the comics)
>didn't immediately shoot Harley Quinn when offered a good reward (plus standing threat of neck-bombs
>never showed a hint of being suicidal
>Amanda Waller killed innocents
>Enchantress was spooky and weird, instead of fun-loving and sadistic
""""""straight adaptation"""""
>>
File: 1465332214487.jpg (40KB, 655x356px) Image search: [Google]
1465332214487.jpg
40KB, 655x356px
The fanboy in me wants to see Superman in all his glory on the big screen. But, at the same time, I understand what Zack Snyder did to these characters, and I appreciate it. He gave them an almost mythological quality. Sure, the films have their flaws, but overall the good outweighs the bad, in my opinion. Thank you Zack.

Suicide Squad was hot garbage though, anybody who likes that piece of crap should be shot.
>>
>>86284884
Snyder cant make cape movies that draw big repeat audiences and make big bucks on merchandising and licensing

Batman still has currency from audience reception, because batman is "cooler" at a base visual level and is easier to accept as doing fucked up shit

Superman needs a soft reboot IN SOME WAY, even if its just coming back from the dead with a more positive outlook and smiling more. Less of the grim messiah, the movies are basically workable.

Honestly Snyder feels like he is making fairly competent deconstructions of DC properties, excpet that has been done dozens of times in the comics and often more skillfully, and these are movies, and there arent even CONSTRUCTION movies, let alone space in the public consciousness for DECONSTRUCTIONS yet.

Suicide Squad was fine on average and as a movie, but great audience wise and for making opportunities for further media products.

I expect JLU to be taking its queues from SS now, which is a pity its a different beast entirely.
Wonder Woman looks a bit by the numbers, and will suffer from comparisons to Captain America:First Avenger, even though actualy its in a different period entirely. Will probably do fine, especially if whicher execs are working marketing pull their heads out their ass. I dont expect to like it though.
Aquaman looks fine based on the Momoa portrayal in the trailers and rumours, but its too far out to tell.
Same for everything else really.

As a project a lot of its value (creatively and monetarily) has been squandered by sticking to Snyder's "creative vision", and has made it difficult to work some properties with current public perception, but the DCEU/DCWB/DCCU certainly isnt a total waste.

I'm just hoping they go for a soft reboot into Justice League International if JLU doesnt do so good, though my soul grasps at whatever slim possibility of a Static/Mr Terrific Netflix or HBO series.
Come on guys its anticorporate drone hackerman , its fucking zietgiest as fuck
>>
>>86295585
>and there arent even CONSTRUCTION movies, let alone space in the public consciousness for DECONSTRUCTIONS yet.
Exactly.

I mean, for Superman, we haven't even gotten a proper live-action cinematic Lex Luthor yet ffs, or Brainiac, or most of his other rogues gallery. There's still so many stories to take inspiration from. Superman is still a juggernaut and you decide to try to deconstruct him now?

And it's not just Superman. Look at Wonder Woman. They're in the process of deconstructing her when there hasn't even been a live-action version of her since the Lynda Carter show and there hasn't been a cinematic WW period.
>>
>>86284884
>how do you actually feel about each film
After the third trailer, I wanted to love Man of Steel. I cosplayed as jeans/tshirt Superman to the premiere and had more kids taking pictures with me than an employee in the classic nylon one piece costume. There was a lot of the movie that was perfect. That is on some level what made it such a heart breaking disappointment for me. The parts they got right, they got really right. Unfortunately the parts the got wrong they got really wrong. I think MoS was the first half of two different movies that could have been better had they just jettisoned one of those halves and focused on completing the one left behind. Perhaps completing them was part of what they wanted to do with MoS 2 before it became BvS. It is unfortunate that things turned out the way that they did, because BvS certainly continues the overarching narrative of the DCEU, seemingly at the cost of the Superman narrative that could have continued what began in MoS. What we do get of Superman comes off as thin, and the product of a characterization given to the character by the writers that never felt right in the first place. When Zack Snyder critiqued Donner's Superman for showing up, being immediately trusted, and how he wanted to explore Superman actually earning Superman's trust, I liked the idea of doing so...over the course of one movie. Not a trilogy. The theatrical cut of BvS is an abortion of a movie. Admittedly the Ultimate Cut is much better, and provides a lot of context that helps present the plot more competently. Unfortunately, it still suffers from the same tone that presents superheroes as the worst possible thing that could ever happen to the world.

>how do you feel about the change in direction now that Johns is in charge
I want to believe, but I fear the well has been poisoned with MoS and BvS, and it'll be too little too late.

>What would you change if you were in charge?
I'd scrap the whole fucking thing and start from scratch.
>>
>>86285123
Kinda funny as Warner Bros was trying to get a cinematic Universe off the ground YEARS before MCU was even a thing.

Anyway can't wait for Batfleck solo film.
>>
>>86285579
Or. OR, you could call shit shit, and demand something better. At this point some defenses come off like people walking in on their child finger painting on a bathroom wall with their feces, and calling it art instead of disciplining their child for playing with their own shit, and making a mess as they do so.
>>
>>86285232
>They all turned out to be 7/10 at best.

So basically like 99.9% of what MCU puts out then? Gotcha
>>
>>86284884

MoS: 7/10
Bvs:5/10
SS: 7/10

//
Iron 1: 8/10
Iron 2: 5/10
Iron 3: 6/10
Cap 1: 8/10
Cap 2: 8/10
Thor 1: 5/10
Thor 2: 5/10
Avenger 1: 6/10
Avengers 2: 7/10
>>
>>86296149
>Unfortunately, it still suffers from the same tone that presents superheroes as the worst possible thing that could ever happen to the world.
No, it presents realistic human nature as a barrier Superheroes must endure & rise past.
>>
6 = Exceptionally incredible
5 = Amazing / Superb
4 = Great
3 = Good
2 = Ok / Meh
1 = Bad
0 = Horrible

>> Superman - The Movie
>> Superman 2
2 or high 2
>> Superman Returns
low 3
>> Batman
>> Batman Returns
high 2
>> Batman Forever
>> Batman & Robin
>> Batman Begins
>> The Dark Knight
>> The Dark Knight Rises
>> Green Lantern
low 3
>> Man of Steel
>> Batman v Superman (theatrical cut)
>> Batman v Superman (ultimate cut)
>> Superman - Doomsday
>> The Dark Knight Returns P1&2
>> Batman - Mask of the Phantasm
>> Batman - Under the Red Hood
>> Wonder Woman (09)
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 267x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 267x273px
>>86294595
Everything after the library is a mess of mediocre cgi and more evidence that Speilberg really lost his ability to make solid adventure films in the 2000s. Ford was far too old as well (it's like having a 60 year old James Bond)

And the worst part is it's still gonna be better than Indy 5
>>
>>86296424
You can't go and say that these beings are gods and that you're trying to make modern myth with them, then depict them with the personalities of people I wouldn't want to spend my spare time with. Part of what I love about Superman is that either he or Clark Kent always come off like the type of person that would see you feeling down, and be able to say just the right thing that'd make me feel better, and for those times that he is down, the Kents are supposed to be able to do that for him. So when I see a guy who can move mountains who has the power to destroy a city in moments, I'm not bothered by it, because his personality is reassurring, and therefore his having that powere isn't unsettling because he seemingly would use it responsibly. When he is given the personality that is only a couple bad experience from his becoming the third Columbine shooter, Superman becomes scary as shit, so much so that during the lead up to BvS, I found myself understanding and siding with Batfleck. The more powerful a character is, the more important their demeanor is. Care them Mary Sues all you want. Cheerful, reasurring, uplifting, happy Superman is wonderful. Down, angry, upset Superman is terrifying, for the same reason powerless Batman is awesome, but a superpowered Batman is scary as fuck on a purely conceptual basis. When you present your heroes who are powerful enough to be compared to gods, as hormonal teenagers, who punch first, accept the barriers put around them, and make no effort look beyond what is presented in front of them, they stop being heroes and start becoming nightmares. I don't want my heroes to be more like me. I want them to be something I can try to be more like. If I wanted flawed human characters who were created with the intent of being relateable, I'd read a Marvel book. That's not what I want though.
>>
>>86296801
1.) Gods are dicks in the majority of mythologies.
2.) What he is trying to do is show both the godly way the world sees them & then contrast it with how realistic, flawed & human they are in reality.
>then depict them with the personalities of people I wouldn't want to spend my spare time with.
Your a empthyless dick.
>When he is given the personality that is only a couple bad experience from his becoming the third Columbine shooter
Go fuck yourself you worthless piece of trash, he spent 33 years avoiding violence or misuse of his powers, there is NOTHING to suggest he is close to that.
>who punch first
When the fuck did he ever punch first?
He didn't negotiate with Bruce in their first meeting because he saw him as a brutal torturer.
>I don't want my heroes to be more like me
I do, I want to see them rise past their flaws.
>>
File: spidey13-1327270427.jpg (48KB, 584x388px) Image search: [Google]
spidey13-1327270427.jpg
48KB, 584x388px
>VOTE FOR THE FATE OF /co/ : http://www.strawpoll.me/11230339

VOTE FOR THE FATE OF /co/ : http://www.strawpoll.me/11230339

>>
>>86284884
man of steel was a bad movie by itself but a fucking TERRIBLE superman movie.

I'm hoping Johns will bring some positivity back to the DCEU and also I just want them to fire Snyder oh my god
>>
>>86297325
don't spam this in threads, your separate one is enough
>>
>>86297011
>1.)
That's why they are often villains of mythologies
>2.)
That'd make sense if not for the fact that the entire Superman plot of BvS is the world holding Superman to the same standard and degree they hold other people because he givens humanity no reason to think he is anything more than them beyond his superpowers. I've evoked in other threads the concept that humanity often reacts to the concept of aliens existing in the universe with fear because we immediately project our own nature upon them and fear a race that potentially behaves like we do coming with better technology and weaponry. If Superman did that little thing he does all the fucking time in comics, and spoke with anyone other than Lois, humanity would have an idea that he is an alien who us actually just a really nice guy trying to help the world. The reason he is called to Congress though is because he doesn't speak to anyone. If you spent MoS depicting Superman being mistrusted at first, then earning humanity's trust by saving the day, that grants him the credibility to be able to fly to DC when Senator Finch raises questions, that he can respond to immediately because in this hypothetical setting, Superman talks with people all the time, so his doing so in any context really isn't a big deal, and Superman denying an accusation that he intentionally destroyed a drone, and murdered an entire village has credibility because Superman is known as that nice guy who only ever helps, and has never told a lie on the record. We don't have that though, because the Superman we have here is an antisocial guy who only ever talks to his waifu, and saves people not because he wants to, but because he is burdened to. So when HE, the guy who always looks sad, and unhappy is arranged to be in a circumstance where shit goes South, it seemingly organically fits into the narrative that maybe he snapped and did those things because there is no other reason to think he wouldn't.
>>
File: 3YSdn.jpg (78KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
3YSdn.jpg
78KB, 1280x536px
>>86297846
>>86297011
After all, how many mass shooters are often described as that guy who was really quiet and didn't really talk with anyone before they take a gun to school and shoot a bunch of kids?

As for being an empathyless dick, that's your assumption. It's the internet so nothing I say will convince you otherwise, but for the record, you couldn't be further from the truth.

>he spent 33 years avoiding violence or misuse of his powers
Hmm. How many other moments like pic related do you think there are in those 33 years of "avoiding violence or misuse of his powers" that we didn't see?

With regard to punching first, that was a statement made about all of the characters, not just Superman. Batman does that a lot, and regardless of Superman initially thinking that Batman was a brutal torturer as the recipient of a lot of generalizations and assumptions, wouldn't Clark be inclined to think that there might be a bit more under the surface than what secondhand information suggests? That doesn't even get into
>My mom is kidnapped
>I don't want to kill this human
>I'd like to see if we can work together
>I know I'm a near invulnerable alien who can deflect bullets, but he just shot me with bullets!
>Instead of continuing to reason with him (which I really should have done before breaking his car) I believe the sound next move is to shove him 30 feet away before throwing his (again, just a regular human body) though a building, and unto its roof.
>Yes. Truly this is how I can deescalate the situation and ask this man for his help.

You know, I'd be okay seeing them rise past flaws as well. It seems all we do in the DCEU though is watch their flaws, and watch them continue lingering because of their flaws, and not really making any other effort to move past their flaws. Actually there really isn't much rising past flaws going on. It seems they are just flawed, accept that, and move on flawed and all.
>>
>>86297846
>and saves people not because he wants to, but because he is burdened to
That is never the fucking case, even before he found Jor-El he wanted to help people, despite his & his fathers fear of the consequences.
His burden is enduring what humanity puts him through so that he may help people.
>>
>>86298052
>All this time, Superman was never real. He was just the dream of a famer from Kansas.
>>
>>86297865
>After all, how many mass shooters are often described as that guy who was really quiet and didn't really talk with anyone before they take a gun to school and shoot a bunch of kids?
And there is millions of others who fit the same personality and never harm a soul.
>Hmm. How many other moments like pic related do you think there are in those 33 years of "avoiding violence or misuse of his powers" that we didn't see?
Wasn't violence towards any person, its a valid form of releasing pent up spite. Guy was a potential rapist who cost him his job.
>as the recipient of a lot of generalizations and assumptions
He saw the fucking evidence in the photos of the prisoner who was killed because of the branding.

Now I AGREE he should have tried to talk Bruce again when the first dose of Kryptonite wore off and then only tackled him through that floor after Bruce tried to go for the other shell on his belt.
>>
>>86298112
How does that nullify what I said?
He is coming to the conclusion that the world won't let him be Superman.
>>
>>86296689
>Green Lantern higher than Superman, Superman 2, and Batman Returns

man what
>>
>>86284884
My honest option: I've been reading less of DC thanks to it. I don't know why. The current line of comics isn't bad, I've just lost complete interest in the universe. I feel like everything's been done already.
>>
>>86284884
bad ... and WB are at the bottom.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
>>86284884
If we're talking about the films and not the animated movies, it's fucking trash and they should stop. I don't like their Superman. He's dower and sucks. Batman is meh and needs work. Also Batman should stop murdering people. Wonder Woman looks like shit. Aquaman looks like shit. I have no hope for Justice League. This shit needs to end.
>>
>>86298179
>And there is millions of others who fit the same personality and never harm a soul.
>Wasn't violence towards any person, its a valid form of releasing pent up spite. Guy was a potential rapist who cost him his job.

There are as many people who aggressively hit on girls (admittedly more than the should) who don't rape a girl as there are those millions who fit the profile who don't shoot up a school. The difference is that in one context a person was punished for a crime they didn't commit, while in another a similarity was simply noticed and voiced

>He saw the fucking evidence in the photos of the prisoner who was killed because of the branding.
That gets back to what I said. For and investigative journalist and "the World's Greatest Detective" both of them took things at face value, and didn't think to dig deeper. Frankly, Lois put both of them to shame in either cut.
>>
>>86298052
>That is never the fucking case, even before he found Jor-El he wanted to help people, despite his & his fathers fear of the consequences.
He helped the kids on the bus with no care of consequences. After that? Not as much. Or are we going to pretend the Tornado scene didn't happen? Yes, I know that scene is as much about what Pa wanted and was willing to sacrifice to preserve as it is about the decision Clark made, but in that case, both choices were made with care of the consequences, and avoiding them. After that we get Clark the good Samaritan who wanders and helps people but nowhere near to the same degree he does after Jor-El tells him to suit up and guide humanity to the sun. At that point, he effectively has the governor Pa put on him removed and goes nuts before seeing that Pa was kind of right to a point. Martha makes it clear that Pa hoped he'd do something like what he does as long as he chooses to do it. Now the degree to which people analyze these movies makes asking if he did choose or was forced by Jor-El or Zod seem like a fair question to ask. Regardless Before they show up and fill his head with higher aspirations or ultimatums that he give himself up or assure Earth's destruction if he doesn't, he lived his life as he saw fit to. Help individuals when he can, and live a simple existence.
>>
>>86299392
>>86298213
It is arguable that Clark the good Samaritan was really what Clark chose to do with his life, and that becoming "Superman" and sticking with it was simply a case of "the cats out of the bag, and can't be put back in" until he tries doing so and abandoning the world before Lex throws Lois off his building. So even in that moment a concept is illustrated that even if he tried going back to his previous life, he would be unable to because people are aware of his existence, and are willing to do what Zod and Lex both did which is hold a gun to the heads of innocents, and threaten to pull the trigger if he doesn't show. Because he showed up when Zod told him too, Clark unintentionally gave up his right to choose how he wanted to live his life. The burden isn't isn't not being allowed to be Superman by the world. It's not being allowed to be Clark anytime someone or thing calls him out, because in that instance, either his right to live a seemingly normal life loses, or his conscience, his reputation, and more likely than not the lives of those who will die all lose.
>>
>>86288325
>Right now DC's best hope is to rely on Marvel's ability to inspire casual movie goers to give relatively obscure cape properties a try to float their more fringe upcoming projects.
Literally the only reason SS made money. They couldn't launch shit with the Nolan Batman, let alone Snyder's shit.
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.