[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trivia thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: mickey.gif (980KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mickey.gif
980KB, 480x360px
A lot of older cartoons are parodies of old media and celebrities that have become forgotten over time. Post examples of such things.

>Steamboat Willie is a parody of the silent Buster Keaton film "Steamboat Bill Jr". It's also, fyi, not the first Mickey Mouse cartoon.
>>
File: singa.gif (998KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
singa.gif
998KB, 500x262px
>"I Love To Singa" is a direct parody of the movie "The Jazz Singer". Today the source is mostly known for being the first full-length talkie (though technically it was mostly a silent film) and because of the blackface scene
>>
>Betty Boop is based on Helen Kane and Clara Bow.
>>
>>86281191
I remember Helen Kane wasn't very happy about that, since they did it without permission.
>>
vump
>>
>>86280793
>Anything by Buster Keaton
>forgotten
wat

>people think Steamboat Willie is the first Mickey Mouse cartoon
Do you really think people think that? I'm sure more people than you think know it's the first cartoon with sound.
>>
>>86283661
They do, actually. You'd have to do a bit of digging around to find out that the first was actually 'Plane Crazy'
>>
File: S1e16_grenda_happy.png (646KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
S1e16_grenda_happy.png
646KB, 1280x718px
Carl Fauolo, the guy who voices Grenda in Gravity Falls, is well known to be a Grade-A Asshole.

Many people who have worked alongside or under him say that he is a bully, will start unfounded rumors behind their backs and will throw others under the bus to make himself look good.

The only reason he still works in the industry is that he's known many show producers from way back and acts completely different around them.
>>
The guy who runs the SiIvaGunner channel on YouTube is headed by one of Joe Barbera's grand kids which is why The Flintstones theme is almost always on the channel, it's to pay respect to his grandfather. Or GRAND DAD as you can put it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=158yOFYY1do
>>
File: flexmentallo.jpg (37KB, 364x499px) Image search: [Google]
flexmentallo.jpg
37KB, 364x499px
>>86282221
She should start a club with Charles Atlas
>>
>>86286472
Wait really? That seems so odd...
>>86286884
is this real or
>>
>>86288569
It's real.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.