[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/doag/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 38

File: backtoback.png (538KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
backtoback.png
538KB, 1000x333px
back-to-back beatdown edition.

Curiously, we don't see Ryan. Does this mean he's slipped away again, like a roofie in a Sprite?
>>
>>86213501
What is that last panel supposed to mean? Of course she hates her. Who's she trying to kid?
>>
Still no security or police.
If this was a shooting the entire building would be wiped out.
>>
>>86213501
roofie smoke bomb
>>
>>86213548
This is going to be about her dad or herself; you're just expecting it to be better handled
>>
>>86213501
This is childish and stupid. I hope in vain that when security puts down its coffee, they throw everyone here out of the rally.
>>
>>86213580
well the one security guard on point is trying to call for backup but she can't sign loud enough into the radio
>>
>>86213548
No, she hates herself. That's why there's the compartmentalization, the destructive behavior, the whole ball of wax. This fight will end in gravy tears.
>>
>>86213548
>Of course she hates her
She hates herself
>>
File: 1473629208630.jpg (28KB, 677x380px)
1473629208630.jpg
28KB, 677x380px
I'm having a hard time coming up with reactions anymore beyond bored disappointment. Because every dull obvious, predictable thing that could happen is happening.

Of course they're teaming up. Of course they're having witty banter Of course Amber is an ungrateful cunt.

Only thing I can think of to point out is what the fuck does "Not you. Never you." mean? Of fucking course she hates Sal. It's been a constant source of bullshit for years.
>>
>>86213501
Oh my god, this turned into the third act of a buddy-cop action-comedy film.

Also, note how Ryan is absent from the background. Let's see if Willis uses it to have him escape without any witnesses again.

>>86213580
You say that, but the last time shots were fired, police didn't respond until after the shooter had absconded with his lesbian daughter.

>>86213664
>I'm having a hard time coming up with reactions anymore beyond bored disappointment. Because every dull obvious, predictable thing that could happen is happening.
This, pretty much. At this point, Willis isn't doing anything to surprise the reader.
>>
>>86213664
>how do I read threads
>>
I liked this one and think Willis is doing a good job
>>
>>86213695
What are you talking about?
>>
>>86213725
I too, as a FtM Trans PoC pansexual muslim, also enjoy these comics.
>>
>>86213725
When can we schedule an exorcism for you?
>>
>>86213725
Eh. Its okay, passable.
>>
>>86213725
Sal is pretty cute, that's about the best thing I can think of.
>>
>>86213619

I can see it now

>Wide shot
>Amber booted out on her ass
>Next panel Sal is booted out
>Then the three frat blondes
>Then the whole rest of the rally
>Including Robin
>>
>>86213731
>>86213755
>>86213760
You say that, but you're not in this thread because you hate Willis
You're in this thread because you like reading his comic
There's literally no reason for threads like these to exist and continue if people dislike his comic
Honestly, it doesn't make sense to say "we hate his comic and that's why we talk about it" or "it's so bad and that makes it fun to tear down"
There's no way the threads could have lasted this long unless you enjoyed them, there are only so many negative things you can say about Willis
>>
>>86213948
And his comic isn't even terrible
It's not good, but it's not the worst thing to exist on the internet
>>
>>86213501
This would've made more sense if the Amber persona was the one trying to goad Sal into fighting her. Amazi-Girl can't have the perspective to know she's doing it because Amber hates herself while she's going around fucking with Sal. That doesn't make sense.

Or rather it only makes sense if you buy that she's totally good! See how Amazi-Girl accosted them in a parking lot, but made them throw the first punch? She's so just and fair! See how she wouldn't let herself associate with the racist mob, what an upstanding hero! If you actually read it in the sense that AG was just waiting for Sal to slip up so she kick the shit out of her, it definitely seems a lot like hate.

At the very least, it's a package deal of self-loathing and projection, but you can't pretend that projection isn't a real emotion that's happening.

Panel 4 is bad. Looks more like her body is moving backwards than an actual punch. Oh and the profile view of Sal in panel 3 is bad like most profile views in this comic.
>>
>>86213948
>>86213969
I come here cause shitting on it is fun and there isn't much else to do at midnight.
>>
>>86213948
>>86213969

We're running out of things to say because the last few comics have been dull as shit and incredibly predictable. There's nothing to work with. And that's saying something because this is supposed to be a huge, climatic moment.

Dumbing of Age IS that bad, and these strips aren't a good enough example of how terrible it can get. At its absolute worst it has reached levels of fuckery that are comparable to the Loss storyline of CAD. Just look at how this realistic, grounded, slice of life college webcomic suddenly has a physics defying car chase between a superhero and a gun toting uber-fundamentalist who talks like he's from the 17th century.
>>
>>86213501
Isn't DoA suppose to be more grounded in our reality? Because this seems more like a terrible cartoon.
>>
>>86213501
Sal makes for a sexy Tifa and this makes my penis happy.
>>
>>86213969
>>86213948
Go away, Willis. Also Becky sucks.
>>
>>86214376
As far as actual literary criticism goes these strips are better than Becky's Dad. The whole car chase is problem of form, it's painfully out of place and over-the-top but narratively only has a few parts that don't make sense, this arc is a problem of function, as it doesn't jive with prior characterization, removes emotional connections to the plot, and is a narrative mess. As shown by the edits the Toedad arc can be fixed by removing some panels and altering dialogue; this arc would need a full rewrite to work.
>>
>>86213948
Willis's comic is like a car accident. You can't help but look.
>>
>>86214604
Yeah, this arc is terribly written and "directed", for lack of a better term. Probably some of the worst this comic has ever seen.

But it's not ridiculously bad like the car chase was. It's just boring and stupid. And again, it shouldn't BE boring and stupid. This is supposed to be a big climatic moment, but it's so poorly put together that it just feels like a mess.
>>
>>86213856
Sal has always been the closest thing the comic has to an even-handed character (when her backstory isn't being played for absurd drama) although her accent as absurd. She "sounds" like fucking Applejack. I moved to deep southwestern Texas like 3 months ago and even the most shitkicker of hick motherfuckers around here don't sound like that. It's a twangy kinda affectation at best.
>>
>>86215011
I wish someone else other than Willis had her.

I wish someone other than Willis had any of these goddamn characters. Then maybe I'd be able to give a shit about them.
>>
>>86215011
>competent
>has made serious mistakes in the past, actually lives with the consequences and tries to do something about it
>her "complicated relationship" with her parents actually is more complex than anyone else's, since there's more going on than "parents love god more than her"

The comic would absolutely be better with her as the central character. But no doubt willis would fuck that up.
>>
>>86214376
>slice of life college webcomic suddenly has a physics defying car chase between a superhero and a gun toting uber-fundamentalist who talks like he's from the 17th century
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>86215269
He already came dangerously close to ruining her with the Leland backstory and his awful BULLYING == RAPE analogy.
>>
>>86213501
I do like the sorta inverse Marty McFly 2015 jacket Sal has.
>>
>>86215276
>realistic
>grounded

A superhero car chase is neither of those things.

>>86215322
Don't forget the "you came out whiter" crap.
>>
>>86215405
>A superhero car chase is neither of those things.
So?
>>
>>86214376
>>86215405
>this realistic and grounded comic isn't realistic or grounded!

Then I guess it's not a realistic and grounded comic
>>
>>86215535
It doesn't know what it wants to be at any given moment, which is one of the many reasons why it sucks.
>>
>>86215505
It flies totally in the face of the tone Willis had set up before.

>>86215535
That's the point I'm trying to make

The comic was fairly grounded in reality for most of its run. And that is what Willis was going for, something more down to earth and realistic.
Then suddenly Fundie Dad comes in with a shotgun and everything devolves into obnoxious cartoon antics. Now we have Rube Goldberg machines and people fucking while hanging off bungee cords.

If Willis wanted it to be a wacky cartoonish strip, why did he spend years establishing it as a grounded slice of life?
>>
>>86213619
>I hope in vain

Why do people keep saying shit like this? This is ''safe space, the comic!'' nothing bad is going to happen, ever
>>
>>86214604
>As far as actual literary criticism goes these strips are better than Becky's Dad

I disagree, this fight scene alone has a ton of bad writting in it.

And just the fact that something that was written 3 years ago only happened a month ago in universe time, that's just bad, plain bad writting.

This is '' a college comic!'' or something, and is anything but that!

Jesus fuck, I just can't put my finger on how can you post a comic for yeeeeears,almost daily or daily and just a month passed by?

Is going to become a really tired joke when you read '' I went throught my whole career and this comic is just on month 3!''
>>
>>86213501

Don't people find problematic the fact that this comic used to have a black lead that was replaced by a black girl and when they develop two black characters a lot, they look literally white.
>>
>>86215866
They aren't even black. They are a quarter-black.

>>86215636
Yeah, we had about 5 years of general college drama before the stupid car-chase crap. It's only devolved into ridiculousness since then.
>>
>>86215011
Sal is supposed to have picked up her accent in Tennessee which makes her kind of hilarious if you know what an Appalachian accent sounds like.

>>86215269
It'd only work if it was an actual character drama that presents her as flawed, otherwise you run into Willis' main problem writing her, self-righteousness and blame shifting.

>>86215636
Sad thing is that you can make the car chase, even down to the superhero, grounded and realistic easily.

>>86215830
I mean that if you were writing a lit-crit essay on DoA this story would give you more fodder than Toedad; I worded my statement poorly.
>>
>tfw people shit on your comicfu
>>
>>86216234
>Sad thing is that you can make the car chase, even down to the superhero, grounded and realistic easily.
Explain how

>>86216317
Who, Amber? Sal? God forbid, Becky?
>>
>>86216234
>Sal is supposed to have picked up her accent in Tennessee which makes her kind of hilarious if you know what an Appalachian accent sounds like.

It was a private boarding school so the students would have been from all over the region. It's hard to believe she would have picked up an accent at all, let alone one that makes her sound like Forrest Gump.
>>
>>86216234
>It'd only work if it was an actual character drama that presents her as flawed, otherwise you run into Willis' main problem writing her, self-righteousness and blame shifting.
Fucking this. Sal is just written as this person who's so damn world-wise and street-smart, but there's nothing to SHOW that she's really moved on - she just plays the race card whenever somebody calls her out on her bullshit.
>>
>>86213548
She hate feeling weak. Sal makes her feel week.
>>
>>86216407
1. Amber is only wearing the mask. Having her in full costume implies that when Joyce sent out the text asking for help Amber stopped and changed clothes.

2. Instead of a skateboard, Amber steals a bike or scooter. This allows her to conceivably keep up with the car temporarily while still providing tension as she needs to act quickly or be left behind.

3. Amber leaps onto the car in a last-ditch attempt to stop Ross as they've reached a main road and she'll no longer be able to follow them.

4. With the distraction of someone leaping onto the car and subsequent attempts to get her off the car, Becky grabs the wheel and intentionally crashes the car into a ditch.

5. Due to the low speed nature of the crash, Amber walks away with extensive bruising and some abrasions. Ross is incapacitated by being hit by an airbag in the wrong position.

In this scenario the presence of Joyce after the fountain, and Sal entirely, are unnecessary.
>>
>>86214376
>Just look at how this realistic, grounded, slice of life college webcomic suddenly has a physics defying car chase between a superhero and a gun toting uber-fundamentalist who talks like he's from the 17th century.
Look, this is a webcomic "franchise" that typically features Alien Invaders by this point. In light of that, grounded should be taken as a relative term.
>>
>>86216770
DoA is completely separate from the rest of Willis' comics other than reusing characters.
>>
>>86213501
fucking hell, amber, if youre aware shes not the one who fucked you up then just stop treating her like shit
>>
>>86215866
no, because as has been explained every single time youve said this, this comic never had a black lead
>>
>>86217159
Not that anon, but Sarah was originally supposed to be more prominent, IIRC. She was heavily featured back in the early days and then tapered off quickly to feature Dorothy.
>>
>>86217209
She was a great supporting cast member until he transformed her misanthropy into autism. Now she is incapable of interacting with the other cast members (despite liking Danny and Dorothy and wanting to hang out with them before). Now she struggles to hang out with Dina, and only manages it because Dina basically tops her, socially.
>>
>>86215830

You could finish collage in the time it took them to get a semester

stories like this need to be on a real time scale. Doesn't have to be 1:1 but for chrisakes
>>
>>86213548
she has been tsundere for her this entire time. sal and amber are going to start dating.
>>
>>86213501
Wow, this is completely boring and I don't care. Way to power fantasy though, Willis.
>>
>>86217387
It pretty much matches up to one week per year.

I know at least me and someone else not only finished college but also finished grad school in the time it's taken to get here. Even worse, it's now been over a year since I got my Master's. I was a sophomore in college when this comic started.

If that's not excessive in terms of dragging this comic out, I don't know what is.
>>
>>86213926
Congratulation, that's a funnier scene than Willis could ever write.
Though to be fair, that's like winning the 100 meter dash against a paraplegic.
>>
>>86213948
But what do the cigars in my dreams mean Doctor Frued?
>>
>>86213969
The worst thing a piece of entertainment can be is boring.
>>
>>86213580
I cant tell if you mean " gunned down by the shooter" or "hosed down by 50 police trying out their fully automatics and new attack helicopter".
>>
>>86217931
They mean you need to smoke more Winston Brand Cigars.
>>
>>86216770

Right but the whole point of this particular comic is to BE more grounded.

That and serve as a safeplace for SJW trash. Which makes it hilarious when he's forced to utilize deus ex machina, copouts, unrealistic behavior and the rape of physics to achieve it. I take it as an indirect admission that his utopia is an impossible fantasy.
>>
>>86216770
DoA should literally go ahead and feature alien invaders.
>>
>>86218677
He means they'd get the Miami gay club special.

>>86219908
Sad thing is that he didn't have use all those to get the ending he wanted. It's not like Becky's situation is that great either, she's still homeless and broke.
>>
>>86219969

>Sad thing is that he didn't have use all those to get the ending he wanted.

The sad thing is that he wouldn't consider it written well if he didn't.
>>
So will we get the cops arresting the 2 of them?

She threw the first punch and was the antagonist in the entire situation. Hell, being a masked vigilante alone should draw the police.
>>
>>86220073
Amber/Sal outlaw road trip across America arc when?
>>
>>86220073
more importantly, the police siding with the evil white males attacking them is how the world works after all. the problem is, is either of them lesbian? lesbians getting to kick ass and winning is more important than being victimized by the patriarchy, so it has to be one or the other taking place i would assume.
>>
>>86220383
Both are straight, middle-class white girls. Also, until proven otherwise in a court of law, Amber provoked Ryan by taking his photograph and uploading to social media with an allegation that he's a rapist.
>>
>>86213581

You can always tell when the while Roofie Man is around by his call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um8mMa5w41A
>>
>>86220464
Yea but in the court of Social Justice she was in the right because she believed she was.
>>
>>86216450

Yeah, the "has a southern accent 'cause she spent a few years at a boarding school" thing is dumb as hell. It just gets lost in the sea of dumb that is this comic because it's not as egregiously stupid as Warboss Hamfist and shit like that.
>>
>>86220716
I checked on boarding school prices and Sal and Walky's family has to be pretty well off considering boarding schools in the USA average over $30,000 per year. He should have just skipped the boarding school explanation and just given them a grandmother who lived in the South. Shit, you could even use that to explain Sal's obsession with race despite being the same shade as her brother.
>>
>>86221879
Don't bump if you don't have something to add. Unless you're typing out a long post and are afraid the thread will drop off before you finish.
>>
>>86221908
Nah it's not that.
I'm finishing up a comic.
>>
File: 6-35.png (276KB, 1111x333px)
6-35.png
276KB, 1111x333px
>>86221972
OK! Here's the next comic!
>>
>>86213629
Kek
>>
>>86222071
I don't follow your stuff regularly so I'm kinda confused as to why there is a burly leather dom there, but I think I can guess what's going to happen to Tych-Tyler instead of glass to the face.
>>
>>86222140
Oh don't worry, that confusion should be normal, it's his first time appearing here.

You see, in the original DoA comic, that's where Beef appears, so I used this as an opportunity to cameo one of my burley men characters.
>>
>>86221054

Their family is implied to be at least a bit well-off, I think. That's the impression I got.

The whole "accent" thing is just him trying to keep her character from the original universe consistent, and threw in that she learned it at the boarding school just to provide a flimsy justification. It's really just him appealing to his original readers and refusing to really change his characters at all (I mean, most of them are just going through exact same conflicts they've been through in their prior incarnations, from Joyce's religion to Amber's issues and so on).
>>
>>86220073
>So will we get the cops arresting the 2 of them?

Don't be silly anon, don't you know all authority figures are incompetent buffoons? The longer the servants of the patriarchy take to show up the happier everyone will be
>>
>>86222396
More than a little well-off if they can shell out $150,000 over the course of five years before putting two kids through college simultaneously.

Sal's parental issues don't line up when you consider that her parents would be paying for her tuition not covered by financial aid, her living expenses, and her motorcycle as well.
>>
>>86222499

>incompetent buffoons

That or racist hitmen who get paid per Black person killed.
>>
File: 6-36.png (275KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-36.png
275KB, 1111x333px
Hope you guys are ready for some funny Truth or Dare comics!
>>
>>86222812
Those are some good, exploitable panels there... Good job!
>>
How triggered do you think Willis is when he catches wind of this?

https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs
>>
>>86213948

Oh do shut up.
>>
>>86222812
Is this bad on purpose?
>>
>>86213948
>there are only so many negative things you can say about Willis

I'm actually not so sure about this. I'm not really a regular to these threads, but each new thing I learn about him is ultimately a negative thing. I see very little good about this guy, his personal life, his idiotic ideas and this shoddy comic. Not to mention the cringe-inducing pornography. He's just seems like a fucking bad person who got lucky and somehow has a fanbase.

I might even dislike him more than Buckley.
>>
>>86222071
>Hey, I am going to scout out and scrougne out some players for a board game. you go and find one in the bedroom ok?
That's a pretty poor sentence. Feels like an awkward re-write.
>>
>>86222812
What is the purpose of the bottle in a game of Truth or Dare?
>>
>>86224508
Well, usually how I play it is that we do what were told and then spin the bottle for our next victim to choose.

You know, like how they did it in that one episode of Ed Edd and Eddy.
>>
>>86222812
Tylcho's expression in the second panel made me laugh. Good shit.
>>
you can't even do a good edit on this, jesus
>>
>>86225186
I think I agree with the anon that said we'd have to entirely re-write and re-draw this arc for it to be any good.
>>
>>86222499
But the security guards are RIGHT THERE. Why aren't they doing anything?

They should all be fired. If a fight breaks out at a political rally, the people involved have to be removed. It should not have gone on this long.

How long until a cop pulls them apart? Never.
How long until Marcie steps in? Too long.
>>
>>86213501
>Amazigirl, lying prone, pulls Goon1's cheeks down over her with a weak, awkward grip to knee him in the chin.
>He doesn't fall on her and lets go, and she gets up (implied)
>Sal looks to the side and jabs thin air several feet away from Goon2
>Goon2 stares into space and wonders if he can dual major in Business Administration next semester if this internship falls through.
>Amazigirl throws a weak, off-balance uppercut where Sal's head used to be and inadertantly clocks Goon2
Who choreographed this fight? MC Escher? It would be funny to see it in a wider series of panels that reflects how awkward it seems to be.
>>
>>86213501
I don't understand why Willis thinks Amber is a good protagonist.

He gets made when people don't like Amber because she's "having a breakdown" but she's still delusional and antisocial to the point of being unpleasant.
Does he identify with her the most out of the rest of the cast? I personally think it's either her or Roz that's the most character-insert-ish

I know Becky is in the running too but I think she was just pushed more into the forefront of the story to piss people off over being a part of Willis
>>
>>86223760

One thing that I've learned about webcomics is that consistent production matters far more in becoming successful than actual quality does.
>>
File: CrunchSmileExtended.gif (216KB, 77x96px) Image search: [Google]
CrunchSmileExtended.gif
216KB, 77x96px
>>86228369
>>Sal looks to the side and jabs thin air several feet away from Goon2>Goon2 stares into space and wonders if he can dual major in Business Administration next semester if this internship falls through.
Nice!
>>
>>86222396
It would have been nice to see him do something different with them.
>>
>>86222812
why are you recreating willis’ shitty story and making it shittier
>>
>>86213501
i've missed the past few threads. why are they fighting clones?
>>
>>86231799
They're generic intern bros that seem to be there only so Ryan has minions.
>>
>>86231829
This, pretty much.
Willis probably realized a one-on-one fight between Amber and Ryan wouldn't pan out that long, so he had to raise the stakes.

But it's not really stake-raising.
>>
>>86232742
Amazi-Girl has lived long enough to see her become the villain.
>>
>>86233249
Given her mental health issues, she may as well change up her outfit like she's Black Spider-Man.
>>
>>86233347
That would require a little more self-awareness. She might get there one day.
>>
>>86233399
I feel like Willis would go to extra lengths to explain why Amber would not be able to make a new costume. Like, paragraphs and charts and shit.
>>
>>86233458
Oh my gosh. You are so right. It would be excessively answered on his Tumblr and then run into the ground in-comic with Amber just rambling for panels and panels about why she can't make a new costume.
>>
File: 1451683769125.png (560KB, 633x436px) Image search: [Google]
1451683769125.png
560KB, 633x436px
>>86213948
>There's literally no reason for threads like these to exist and continue if people dislike his comic
>>
>>86233526
Nah, he wouldn't give an in-comic reason. He'd assume that readers pay attention to every avenue of information by which they can hear from Willis.
>>
>>86213630
Amber went overboard on the compartmentalizing and compartmented herself instead of the Amazi-Girl persona.
>>
God, I just want the fat super to get punched in the stomach.
>>
File: Charlton.jpg (136KB, 502x942px) Image search: [Google]
Charlton.jpg
136KB, 502x942px
Kind of a random thing, but it would nice if Walky could confront Sal about the whole "You're whiter than me!" thing, but the battle is over before it begins, since Walky doesn't know about anything except studying and his children's cartoons.

Much like the Ethan/Jacob in Shortpacked, Sal/Walky is resolved immediately because the narrator's on Sal's side.
>>
>>86213948
No I'm definitely here because I hate Willis
>>
>>86234793
It really is hilarious how bad Willis is when it comes to racial topics.
>>
>>86235108
It's less that Willis is outright bad at it and more that he's so one-sided that he almost refuses to show any arguments against his position unless he's making fun of it with a strawman.
>>
Bump.

We've got 45 minutes to go. Let's try and keep this alive for the next strip, after which we can let it die again
>>
File: tumblr_o9b87x6Rrq1vwhxgdo1_1280.jpg (197KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9b87x6Rrq1vwhxgdo1_1280.jpg
197KB, 625x790px
>>86236085
I usually post this when a thread needs to stay alive.

Or when discussion calls for it, of course.
>>
>>86236233
Actually, that's a good way to pass the time: What is one line of dialogue into which you could distill the entirety of a DoA character?

For example, Becky's single line of dialogue that summarizes her character is "Hey, guess what, I'm a lesbian!".
>>
>>86236286
Another good one for Becky is one she kept repeating during the church scene.

"And Becky!"
>>
>>86236286
Danny:
>"I'M SORRY I THOUGHT TRUE LOVE WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN STUPID YALE!!"
>>
>>86236286
Sal: "I'm blacker! No really!"
>>
>>86236286
Joyce:Premarital Hanky Panky
That's my first thought whenever I think of her.
>>
>>86236286
How did that line on Carla's to-do list go?

>Do whatever you want like the perfect goddess you are

Because that very much sums up how Willis writes her. Perfectly obnoxious with no consequences.
>>
File: finallysomebodyasks.png (354KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
finallysomebodyasks.png
354KB, 1000x333px
Thank you, Frieda, for asking the question we've all been thinking.
>>
>>86237028
>AND RAPIN RYAN GETS AWAY
jesus christ amber is terrible at heroing.
>>
>>86237028
Wow! What a stupid and predictable turn of events!
>>
>>86237028

He left. Again.

With her phone.
>>
>>86237028
>Amazigirl fails again and just makes things worse

this would be funny if Willis wasn't trying to make this out like a serious set of events
>>
>>86237028
>gets out
>AGAIN
>with her phone
>which will probably say who she is
>And she'll get outed causing further drama

Bravo Willis
Bravo.
Even though idiots don't put a pin code on their fucking phone.
>>
>>86237028
>I'unno, It's Amazi-Girl

Pretty much sums up why her ass didn't get busted, yet.
>>
File: 1472349707810.gif (2MB, 239x180px) Image search: [Google]
1472349707810.gif
2MB, 239x180px
>>86237028
Welp, see ya in another six years, Ryan.
>>
>>86237028
I knew it was going to be "Amazi-Girl doesn't hate you, Amber does"

How fucking stupid is Willis to think this makes any goddamn sense.
>>
>>86237028
Ugh.

I had almost expected something more from Willis in regards to Ryan, but I guess he's just going to keep him around as a random antagonist for the next few decades.

What can Ryan even do with Amber's phone, anyways? Blackmail? He was X inches away from getting his ass beaten in by her. He's just making himself a target.

Also, why does Amber even have a personal device on her person while in disguise? She should have two devices: One as Amazi-Girl and one for her normal life as Amber. The work one doesn't even need to be high-tech; it just needs to get the job done.

Also, I hope we get a close-up of the phone itself at some point. I can't tell if it's some kind of cross between a flip phone and a modern smartphone, or if that's just a case.

>>86237135
Honestly, at this point I'm not even sure who's who. Like, I know Amber and Amazi-Girl are two separate personalities or whatever, but there's no indication of who is talking right now. The text looks the same between Amazi-Girl and Amber; there needs to be some kind of difference.
>>
>>86237135
He's been pushing this DID shit forever, and it's fucking stupid.

>>86237171
The fact that she states she doesn't hate Sal means it's Amazi-Girl. Because Amber actually fully hates Sal as well as herself.
>>
>>86237171
>The text looks the same between Amazi-Girl and Amber; there needs to be some kind of difference.

Isn't the difference the bubble is blue instead of white?
>>
>>86237055

holy shit amber is terrible at this superhero schtick
>>
>>86213501
Maggie cheated on you when you were away at a con.

And she will continue.
>>
>>86237028
lot of bullshit in this one
so the guy who looks identical to ryan has absolutely no relation to him and is just some random guy?
...ambers the one whos a danger to sal, even though amazi-girls the one whos literally been stalking and attacking her?
......motherfucker, of COURSE he got her phone
>>
>>86237171
>there's no indication of who is talking right now. The text looks the same between Amazi-Girl and Amber; there needs to be some kind of difference.
amazi-girls bubbles are blue. also she doesnt have cheek blushes like amber. ...also she wears the mask
>>
>>86237204
>>86237306
Alright, thanks. I assumed the blue was just default whenever Amber was wearing the Amazi-Girl outfit.

In any case, I really don't see why Amber is the unstable one and Amazi-Girl is more balanced. Amazi-Girl is a goddamn superhero; she's the one who should have fewer qualms about punching in somebody's face.
>>
>>86237383
She's not a superhero. Just a shit vigilante. She can bleed. She can die.
>>
File: 1426644833967.jpg (24KB, 305x328px) Image search: [Google]
1426644833967.jpg
24KB, 305x328px
>>86237028
So now we have Amazi-Girl protecting Sal from Amber and the rapist running off with the phone, probably leading to her identity being revealed and possibly leading him to her friends or something else retarded. One fucking job, Willis. This plotline didn't even need to be brought up again and now you've made it worse.
>>
>>86237401
"Vigilante" is a much better term.

Either way, she's punching people in the face just because somebody said "They scared me." Amber should be repressing her violent tendencies and expressing them as Amazi-Girl, or rather a side of Amazi-Girl whose strength is left unchecked.

Where Amber-as-Amazi-Girl would make sure that antagonists are left relatively unharmed and at the very least unconscious or incapacitated, the latent and repressed Amazi-Girl would be willing to smash the knees of a person into a fine powder while they were still awake.

At least, that's how I feel like it should be, given everything we've been told about Amber's mental health.
>>
>>86237171
It's possible she has a "smart" burner phone. They're not that expensive, and if you buy a last-gen unlocked phone on the grey market you can just pop in a Freedom SIM or something.

That said, realistically she "needs" to have her civvie phone because she's a fucking college student and doesn't have the foresight to not SURF ON THE HIGHWAY TETHERED TO A FUCKING TRUCK
>>
>>86214490
>Also Becky sucks.

Oh Christ yes.
>>
>>86237502
It looks like an iphone 5c from the first couple panels and a previous comic, but then the last panel looks like it opens up. So it's just Willis being shit.

>It's possible she has a "smart" burner phone.

I highly doubt she'd think that far.
>>
>>86237491
>probably leading to her identity being revealed
wait, thats a good thing
>>
>>86237578
It's a good thing for EVERYONE but Amber, but of course Willis will give her all the feelgoodbetter hugs the rest of the cast can dish out.

Never mind she's turning into the spitting image of her father.
>>
>>86237578
No it's not.
Amber's selth loathing will heighten and she'd probably actually attempt to kill herself.

Wait yeah it is a good thing, carry on.
>>
>>86237601
>Amber's selth loathing will heighten and she'd probably actually attempt to kill herself.
Naw, she'll just get really really sad, and then everyone will ACT like she tried to kill herself. Because that's as far as Willis is willing to go.
>>
>>86237028
I'm guessing this is another case where someone will come out of nowhere and punch Ryan before he does something.

Perhaps...JOYCE HERSELF? Or maybe the mute girl.
>>
>>86237502
Burner phones are expected. The thing is that Willis is dumb enough to forget that they exist.
>>
>>86237764
>Or maybe the mute girl.
Yeah. Placing bets on that being how Amber gets out of this one.
>>
>>86237028
The story here is getting frustrating. I wouldn't mind if Willis just cut to another plot.
>>
>>86237901
Or it was intentional. If Ryan has her phone it means she can track him through GPS, record him surreptitiously, and hit him with a stolen property charge.

>>86237028
Has anyone pointed it out to Willis that his Trump analogue is Hispanic, along with her high ranking staff?
>>
I said it before and I'll say it again, but with a bit more expounding: The best way for Ryan to continue this plotline is to raise the stakes of the situation by giving Ryan two goals: One, he wants to unlock the phone so that he can erase his photos from wherever Amazi-Girl uploaded them as well as learn her identity, and Two, he wants to find and riggity-rape Joyce because he feels that she was the one who sent Amazi-Girl after him.

That's how you raise stakes.

>>86238002
Too bad; we're stuck with this for another week or so. At least until the 21st.
>>
File: 2011-05-24-screening[1].png (269KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
2011-05-24-screening[1].png
269KB, 900x300px
>>86237028
Well this is dumb. I was asking before why AG's phone just disappeared, and apparently she dropped it at a random point in time and never thought to pick it back up. I kinda thought Ryan would escape, but the phone was my only issue. Willis just sorta... I don't even know how to say it. The phone went from being the center of attention and the driving force of the conflict to disappearing to reappearing in a different spot without anyone having paid any attention to it (or any real transitions from it being important to other things being important). It's so lazy and bad.

Btw, for people asking, it's Amber's phone that she used in class. If Ryan gets through the lock (or if Willis decides for her phone to not be locked), her dual identity will be out and she'll be fucked.

Oh and the "I'm, protecting you from my other self" shit still doesn't work. Once again, AG and Amber are compartmentalized personalities. Yes, Amber stabbed Sal, so she's a danger to her, but AG stalking Sal to kick the shit out of her isn't in any way a protection. I think this would've worked a lot better if she alternated between her personalities upon hassling her (she's very consistently Amazi-Girl when they interact. One time she gained consciousness as Amber, switched to Amazi-Girl and stayed that way). She could've used her vigilante shtick as AG but then got feral as Amber snuck in. Even that wouldn't have made sense, because then she'd be putting Sal closer to the person trying to hurt her. It would've been a little bit more true, though.
>>
>>86238114
>Btw, for people asking, it's Amber's phone that she used in class.

Goddammit Willis.
This is why burner phones exist.

Speaking of which, I should look into those things.
>>
>>86237028

So they are kicking their asses to the point that they don't get a single scratch on their face but the guy somehow scapes without the noticing because they are too busy fighting guys that can't even land a hit...

20 years writting comics.
>>
>>86237028

Praise be, he got away.

Anything to see Willy's retarded characters suffer a little more.

Prediction: He finds out who she is, tries to take matters into his hands with some EVIL PLAN, then does something stupid and is finally arrested.
>>
>>86238065
Actual drama could be created by having Ryan rape someone else, forcing a dilemma upon Joyce whether or not to come forward and report what happened at the risk of her parents pulling her out of school.

The crux of the Ryan plot is its effect on Joyce. That's why all this falls flat, by using Amber there is no emotional tether to the prior story and the audience lacks investment. If Willis had done a subplot about how letting Ryan get away fucked with Amber psychologically, which would have worked wonders explaining her declining mental stability, what he's doing right now could have worked. As is, it's just something tacked onto the Sal/Amber plot.
>>
>>86237705

I guess we'll find out, if one day the site page is taken up with an egregiously large plain black background with "WARNING: POSSIBLE TRIGGER INCOMING. SENSITIVE SOULS TAKE CAUTION BEFORE FURTHER READING"
>>
>>86238259
Followed by HERE'S A PICTURE OF A PUPPY!

But the "got really sad but everyone acted like it was a suicide attempt" is basically what Willis did with Ruth.

All she did was lay in her bed. It's not like she slit her fucking wrists or anything.
>>
>>86238114
You forgot that after she dumped Danny for talking to Sal her personalities went all Venom and she started talking in a plurality; Amber and Amazi-Girl have been on the same page about Sal for awhile now.

Also that thing looks more like a 3DS than a phone.
>>
>>86238206
what if he outs her on social media for being a vigilante?
>>
>>86238334
We just got a strip of people cheering her on, I doubt outing her as Amazi-Girl would harm her.
>>
>>86238291
Well, that just makes what she's saying even more of a lie.

The phone is supposed to be like a power user phone that she can program on, because Amber is an amazing programmer. because fuck everything, she's the best at all things fuck you mom and dad.
>>
>>86237028
>You got what you paid for
Bitch they are paying -you- to SECURE THE EVENT.
>>
>>86238363
It's all a clever trick by Amazi-Girl. Having used her amazing programmer skills she tracked down and hacked Ryan's social media accounts by remotely cloning his phone. Once Ryan unlocks the phone it will automatically upload an album of pornography to his facebook page before changing his login credentials, making it look like Ryan was trying to post a selfie from the DeSanto rally only to inadvertently reveal to everyone his fondness for 3d hypercock shota.
>>
>>86238357
outing her as Amazi-Girl would make her suddenly accountable for her actions. the people she stalk and beat up could sue her, report her to authorities, give her some of her own medicine etc.

i dont think it's going to happen since making people face responsibility for their actions is anathema to the comic from what I can tell.

but it's a pretty funny thought that the guy you threaten to out outs you instead.
>>
>>86237028
All he should do is snap her phone in two, pocket the 'guts' and run off to find a magnet.
>>
File: 2014-11-18-html[1].png (357KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-18-html[1].png
357KB, 1000x333px
>>86238363
Figured I'd attach photo proof of this.

>>86238450
It's a really confusing statement. Is the security guard saying that Frieda didn't get her money's worth because the interns are bad at fighting? Insane. Is he saying that Amazi-Girl fighting them is proof of their wrongdoing? Also, insane. Is he saying it because they "started a fight" or "are fighting women"? Also, pretty crazy.

Break up the fight, asshole!
>>
>>86238620
Why in the fuck would you need it printed out?
>>
>>86238633
Because Willis doesn't understand how modern coding works.
>>
>>86238633
Why the fuck does he have a printer in a lecture hall?
>>
>>86238761
To print all those pages of code.
>>
>>86238633
So he doesn't get eyestrain from staring at a computer screen all day.
>>
>>86238290
Yeah, there is a big difference between being at risk for suicide and actually attempting it. She was talking vaguely about wanting to be dead, but she by no means actually attempted it. She wasn't starving herself or anything. She just wasn't ready to eat. She didn't want to leave her room or her bed. She would have come out on her own eventually, probably.

She's definitely at-risk, but it was far from being an attempt at that point.

>>86237028
Are Ryan's "friends" aware that he's ditching them?

>>86238462
That's probably better than whatever Willis planned.
>>
>>86238462
Has she used her programming skills at all since going off the deep end?
>>
>>86238620
The more I look at Amber's face in the last panel, the more my soul disappears. Look at those teeth from the depths of the universe.
>>
>>86239190
We rarely see anyone doing schoolwork, so it's impossible to tell. The only classes outside of that one are gender studies and math. No one else talks about what classes they're in.
>>
>>86239207
theres also sarah and jacobs class, history or law or something. we havent seen any actual work out of them though
>>
>>86239218
i checked, its pre-law. we've seen them in class and holding books, but no teacher or lectures
though i doubt willis has ever taken a law class so maybe thats just to be expected
>>
>>86237190
>it's fucking stupid.
Probably mainly because the Dissociative part of DID means Amber should not know about Amazi-Girl. That's not how DID really works, at all.
>but nobody gets multiple personalities right
We have more understanding about DID now. Amber doesn't have DID, she's just fucking nuts.
>>
>>86239326
Plenty of people with DID know about their other identities. Some of them watch themselves as if they were a passenger in their own body, while others suddenly find themselves somewhere different hours later.

In some cases with several identities, some may know about each other, while others don't. It partly depends upon why and how the alters came to be.

And "nuts" is just a way of describing someone with a mental disorder, which she clearly has.

I don't think it's actually DID. She just wants to believe it is so she doesn't have to blame herself for all the terrible things she's done.
>>
>>86239363
Interesting. Cerberus keeps talking about how realistic and nuanced Willis' portrayal of DID is, and cites her own alters as proof. Is she lying, or does she just have no idea what she's talking about?
>>
>>86239363
Or Willis is a hack and doesn't know the ins and outs of every single condition that tumblr pretends to have these days.
>>
>>86239442
I mean, it's theoretically possible. I've only ever personally known two people with it.

I minored in psychology, and my favorite class was Abnormal Psychology. It's been a few years, but one of the most prominent people in my life has DID.

I think it's distinctly possible that Amber could have DID. But it really just doesn't match with anything else. She's not really created an alter for her to vent with. She's still angry and violent as Amber. Seems to me that they're the same person. One just wears a costume and a mask.

She yells and flips tables and insults people as Amber. I can't see how that's any different from how she acts as Amazi-Girl. Plus, there are some Amazi-Girl strips where she is still very clearly Amber.

I personally don't think that they are two separate personalities. It's not nuanced at all. If you look at the strips of Amber next to the ones of Amazi-Girl, you really can't tell that they're separate.

Amber treats Amazi-Girl like she's separate, but that seems more to me like she likes having someone to blame. It gives her a scapegoat, and if she seems awful, then she can just blame it on her other self.

I'm not saying that people with DID are fakers or anything, but there is a very small amount of them that do it in order to not take responsibility for their own actions.

Amber tries to blame all of her aggression and stuff on her father, then on Sal, and then on Amazi-Girl.

She never admits to anything being her fault. She never stops to listen to anyone. She broke up with Danny because he spoke to Sal, and she never bothered to tell him why she didn't like Sal, which should have been done early on when they got together.

Amber is a perpetual victim. She's more self-centered than anything else. I would peg her more toward borderline personality disorder.

I have an ex who acted a whole lot like Amber. There's a certain level of narcissism in there, but it's thrown off by this sense that they aren't good enough either.
>>
>>86239533
yeah, i think its been made pretty clear that amazi-girl is just "amber in a mask" and that shes deliberately choosing the separation
but willis insists on playing up the did imagery even though she doesnt actually have it
>>
>>86238633
So he can write on it while grading, I guess.
>>
>>86239588
But when we have a commenting system in MS Word, why would he?

I taught for a little bit, and I preferred grading on paper. But I was teaching English.

There's no reason to print out thousands of lines of code.
>>
It's great how Amber went crazy just long enough to dump Danny before immediately turning herself around on Sal.

Why do people even want Ethan/Danny to happen? Ethan fucking sucks. He's boring as shit.
>>
>>86239533
It's funny how Willis' incompetence in portraying DID has caused a much more nuanced understanding of Amber's character as only pretending she has DID in order to attempt to deflect blame for her actions.

It's like how Hamlet may have actually gone insane or only pretended to be insane.
>>
>>86241051
Because Amber is a psycho hosebeast who has emotionally fucked with both Ethan and Danny. Plus there are only three guys who fuck other guys in the strip and the other is Mike (interestingly enough all of them are connected to Amber). But mostly it's the idea of a story about two newly non-straight guys working out their sexuality could be sweet and charming. Granted, we'll never see that story under Willis' pen, but hope springs eternal.

>>86239533
Amber would more than likely be diagnosed with personality disorder not otherwise specified as she exhibits traits of several personality disorders, primarily histrionic and borderline, coupled with immature and maladaptive coping mechanisms.
>>
>>86241703

You know, I should be more willing to recognize this. Danny/Ethan on its own merits isn't bad, but I think there's too much surrounding it for me to like it. The fuck was with making the only viable boyfriend for Ethan his best friend's ex? Why does Amber need to be lose her partner?

I'm a pan dude (I think, haven't put a hard label on it yet), and my girlfriend suffers from some mild mental stuff ( she has emotional freakouts, kinda like Amber? Like she does the freakout-breakdown in guilt thing). She's the only person I've ever been with, but my two gay dude friends are always going on and on about how I don't fucking count because I haven't sucked someone off yet, and how her being mentally ill means I should get rid of her.

I guess I project that onto Danny/Amber? I dunno, I fucking hate how Danny was just always destined to suck Ethan's wiener.
>>
This comic might be ok if it weren't both written and drawn by a total hack

Decent drawing and choreography could carry the shit writing, and good writing could carry the garbage-can art
>>
>>86241953
>I'm a pan dude
Bi. You're bi you self-important twat.

Your gay friends are right on both counts. You're not bi if you've only ever talked about maybe at some future point tryinh dick and you don't stick your dick in crazy
>>
>>86228425
>I don't understand why Willis thinks Amber is a good protagonist.

It's quite simple, really. He's every bit as deranged as she is. That's the long and the short of it, basically.

>>Does he identify with her the most out of the rest of the cast?

Wouldnt be surprising, even if it's on a subconscious level. Willis clearly views himself a crusading champion and that we need to be told what's what because we aren't as smart and enlightened as himself. And he feels persecuted for it.
>>
File: Tarot53e.jpg (41KB, 400x454px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot53e.jpg
41KB, 400x454px
>>86213760

Don't you need two exorcisms? One for each pussy?
>>
>>86241953
Your two gay dude friends sound like total shitbags. Get your gf some therapy, she might just have anxiety disorder

And college friend groups can be rather incestuous when it comes to dating within the group. Ethan and Danny are the only non-straight guys each other knows. And I think it's okay that Amber loses her partner; she's in no place to provide a healthy relationship, to the point she's pushed her sexuality and relationship on an alternate persona. While it's shitty that Danny immediately would get with Ethan, it should be noted that they're playing it cool expressly for Amber's sake, Amber dumped Danny for talking to another woman and wouldn't recognize their relationship.
>>
>>86238114
>her dual identity will be out

It would seem fairly obvious that Amber and AG are the same person to anyone who can see
>>
>>86242115
I mean, Amber dumped him because she thought he sided with someone she completely fucking despises (I guess? That's getting rolled back now).

Like, I love my girlfriend. I don't want to be with anyone else. But the idea that I should leave because she's hurting, that she doesn't deserve me. Fuck. I don't know.
>>
>>86242074
He was quoting someone else, autist
>>
>>86242200
Jesus, the lot of you are a bunch of self-involved juvenile twats

>hurr does she deserve me
>durr im pan but no labels but ive only been with women

Stop caring so fucking much about right and wrong and deserving and all that stupid shit. Does something make you happy? Do it, faggot. Does something hurt you instead? Don't do it, faggot.
>>
>>86242115
>>86242200
But yeah I should be willing to accept that Amber and Danny breaking up isn't like an admission that Amber's super vile or something. I think I'm just projecting too much because at that point I'm saying any breakup she could have would be "fuck you for being mentally ill."

And, yeah, that is a good point about Danny and Ethan. They aren't thinking about dating for now because they both like Amber.
>>
>>86213948
I don't think you've ever been to /tg/ or /v/ my friend. GOBLINS and OOTS both had every update posted on /tg/ just to rip on and make edits of, sure some people actually liked and read them, but it was mostly a communal adventure of shitting on the authors. /v/ has LOL threads for this very purpose.

You better start believing in LOL threads, you're in one.
>>
>>86242316
You need to step back and realistically evaluate your relationship with your gf and your friends.

>>86242338
Goblins, sure, but a lot of people genuinely like OotS. The Thog edits are more playful than anything.
>>
>>86242550
OotS has always been a love/hate for me. I can deal with the largeass textblocks, but goddamn is plot progression slow. I think that's why I dug Erfworld pre-text era, things really felt like they were well paced.

Goblins is irredeemable but I still read it anyway. I *need* my fix.
>>
>>86242699
I dropped Goblins years ago. Did they ever get out of that time-resetting dungeon with the evil Minmax?
>>
>>86238633
You'd be suprised, my last exam required us to o write a Java application with pen and paper. my hand i still sore.
>>
>>86238541
What would that achieve? His picture is online, he wants to log in and get it removed, assuming it hasn't gone viral already with all the commotion.
Besides, a magnet does nothing to no mechanical parts.
>>
Willis remains the worst God.
>>
>>86244435
I wonder how many of his characters would beat the shit out of him if they ever met him.
>>
So wait did she post the pictures online or not?
>>
>>86244525
He's Willis-God, so he'd make them love them for what he's done.
If they were able to break control, though, I'm sure they'd have several questions, many of which would be similar to the questions we've asked over the past several months. Maybe years.

>>86244556
The implication is yes, but we the audience haven't actually seen them being uploaded.
>>
>>86244592
Obviously in a metatextual sense. I can't imagine Ruth would be very happy with him either way.
>>
>>86244692
True, true.
In any case, it would be fun for Willis to sit down with himself one of these days and re-examine everything he's made his characters go through in the past six years, and whether or not any of it was worth it.
>>
>>86244845
Willis is incredibly narcissistic. He'll probably remember the time he literally stacked dues ex machinas to make sure Becky didn't need to lift a finger to get out of any situation, and he'll be all YEAH I AM A GREAT WRITER
>>
>>86244933
The hilarious thing is that in the end Becky is still homeless, broke, hiding from authorities while squatting, and dependent on charity to get by. If Willis actually had Ross get his brains splattered across the quad by the cops Becky would be in a far better situation.
>>
>>86245169
It's really something, isn't it? She's still squatting and homeless, and yet it still feels like she's getting everything she wants and more handed to her on a silver platter with no consequences.
>>
>>86245681
She didn't even have to earn her girlfriend. Dina only kissed her out of spite.
>>
>>86245681
She's almost a Mary Sue in a way. Not in a traditional sense of the trope, but it seems like nothing can go wrong for her.

And you could say that about most if not every other character as well.
>>
>>86245720
Hell, she is in some sense a traditional Mary Sue

>Everyone loves her and are always talking about her even when she isn't present.
>Has become involved in everyone else's business
>Every scene is focused on her even if she's not on-panel
>Is supposedly "so beautiful"
>Gets everything she wants handed to her
>Never has to lift a finger to get out of any situation
>Can do whatever she wants with no consequences
>Is clearly some form of self-insertion for Willis
>>
>>86213501
>Women
>Beating a group of men

Come on. Even Manlets can beat big gals. How am i supposed to believe this bullshit? Who the hell wrote this?
>>
>>86245681
She basically just has to believe that God will provide for her, and Willis will do so. She has the ultimate authority in the DoA universe on her side.
>>
>>86247394
David Willis, a man who didn't masturbate until he was 19 because he saw his dead fundamentalist grandma staring at him whenever he did.
>>
>>86248143
21. He was 21
>>
>>86243933
Last time I wrote code on PAPER was for an AP exam in high school. It's not like a computer was needed at any point to deal with arrays, console output, sorting algorithms and stuff like that.
>>
>>86247795
Ironically her story comes off very similar to Christian fiction.
>>
>>86245842
Willis said it himself that he basically warped the rules of his universe so Becky would have the most impressive possible outcome. If that's not Mary Sueism, I don't know what is
>>
>>86242718
A while back, actually. But then Thunt had some personal issues, so the comic hasn't progressed much since then. Last time I checked, Minmax and the Goblin Team were running from Kore through the next dungeon
>>
>>86236286
>Actually, that's a good way to pass the time: What is one line of dialogue into which you could distill the entirety of a DoA character?

So you're playing a game like what Willis did with Frank Miller and Funky Winkerbean?
>>
>>86236286
>Actually, that's a good way to pass the time: What is one line of dialogue into which you could distill the entirety of a DoA character?

"I don't need you to like me!" Perfectly sums up Malaya in Shortpacked and DoA, in my opinion. She didn't try to get into nerdy stuff just to fit in with the people in Shortpacked*, and she doesn't take any of Sal's shitty attitude just because she's Marcie's friend and considered super cool by everyone. And she seemed genuinely fine with people not liking her because of that. She does try with the people who interest her and show some connection with her, though.

*Inb4 some example. It's been a while since I read that stuff and I didn't read all of it, but where I left off generally she didn't give a shit.
>>
File: Amazi-Joyce 7 - Mary Juana.png (429KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Amazi-Joyce 7 - Mary Juana.png
429KB, 1000x333px
>>
>>86249840
No no, Malaya has totes been one of the few good characters transitioning over from Shortpacked! to DoA. But again, she's also in that group of good characters because it mostly has nothing but characters who Willis doesn't bother that much with.
>>
>>86250127
I like Malaya just fine, actually. I just think there is a core there that is in that statement.
>>
>>86244145
>a magnet does nothing to no mechanical parts
Completely untrue. Go rub a strong magnet all over a CRT monitor, or the RAM in your computer and see what happens.
>>
I haven't been following these threads for several weeks

What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>86250756
Amber went to the rally for Robin to confront Sal who is just there because Marcie is also working security.

And in a fucking cosmic coincidence, Ryan the Rapist also happens to be there as well. Him and his bro minions are volunteers for the campaign. Amber confronts Ryan and then there's a fight where Ryan makes it clear at multiple times that he loves to drug women.

Then he runs off with Amber's phone. And yes, it's Amber's phone, not a burner like most of the people on the Patreon and DoA site are trying to delude themselves into believing. So right now Ryan is getting away and he has access to most of Amber's real life info.
>>
>>86213969
It's neither good or laughably bad, it's just a tepid pile of bland mediocrity which is one of the worst things something can be.
>>
>>86250842
>he has access to most of Amber's real life info
If she's as smart as she's supposed to be, she probably has it set to recognize her fingerprints, so him having her phone is pointless.

But it's Willis, so of course he'll get right in.
>>
>>86241980
>This comic might be ok if it weren't both written and drawn by a total hack
That's basically saying that it wouldn't be a shit comic if it was actually good.
>>
>>86239363
I don't think I've ever heard of a case with only two personalities. The only way people get it is SEVERE, continued abuse starting at 4 years of age at the latest. And not just verbal abuse, and rarely just physical abuse on its own. I doubt Willis has the guts to bring up sexual abuse and even he isn't a dumb enough to imply her father was kickin her around as a toddler.
>>86239442
Cerebus doesn't know shit
>>
>>86251130
You haven't heard of those cases simply because they aren't marketable to the media the same way people with 18 of them are.

Alternate identities can show up ANY time in a person's life, if the experiences are traumatizing enough.

It is not unheard-of for someone like Amber to develop a second personality at the age of 13. The difference is that she would probably not remember the robbery, because it was so traumatizing that her alter took up the memory for itself to shield her from it.

Alternate personalities often show up as a way of shifting awful memories off to someone else, so it's like it never even happened for the main one.
>>
>>86242200
>the idea that I should leave because she's hurting
you dont leave just because shes hurting
you leave if shes hurting YOU.

the relationship wasnt healthy for danny. it was obvious it wouldnt be from before they even got together. the fact that they share some superficial similarities with you doesnt mean theyre exactly the same situation.

by all means support your girlfriend, just make sure its not at your own expense
>>
>>86251291
>>86242200

Right. Supporting your girlfriend is helping her in a healthy way. But if it's hurting you, then it's not really helping or supporting.

Amber was manipulative and mean toward Danny. He tried to help her, but she didn't want the help.

If things went how they should have, it would've been Danny breaking up with Amber since she was just making him miserable and lonely.

If your girlfriend loves you and doesn't make you feel miserable or lonely, and you love her and want to be with her, then it's all good, dude.

It's not about "deserving" or anything like that. If you make each other happy, then you should be together.

Everything should be mutual. If she's constantly putting you down and controlling who you talk to, it's probably not healthy. If you're doing that to her, then it's probably not healthy.

You should both benefit from the relationship more or less equally. I'm not saying to keep score, but I'm saying to see if you're getting from her the same amount she's getting from you. If it feels one-sided, then keep your eyes peeled in case it's going to stay that way.

My boyfriend and I were like Angus and Faye in Questionable Content. Seeing them get together was actually what started me on committing to reading the comic. They broke up because Faye was afraid of Angus moving, and she couldn't bring herself to be supportive of him. Our relationship is similar to theirs, but that particular aspect isn't true for us. So I've had to set the comparison aside and just live with what I currently have. And it's good.

There are plenty of differences between your relationship and Danny and Amber's. It might not seem like it, but if you're both happy, then you're nothing like them.
>>
>>86251231
Trust me, I do my research. I'm not focused on just what's marketable. I lurk DID Support forums for data, and I take everything I read with a grain of salt. From what I understand, there are usually at least Protecter alter that takes the brunt of the abuse, one Innocent alter that is sheltered from the abuse, the core persona, and then a Gatekeeper that knows everything that goes on and choses what one goes out and when. That's bare minimum.
>>
>>86250934

Well remember, she'd taken his picture and was poised to upload it online, she was just waiting for him to give a name.

So it might be still unlocked from that.
>>
>>86213856
I wanna black the remaining 3/4ths or her
>>
>>86238620
>an entire page coded in html
Is this a fucking university or high school?
>>
>>86250127
She's slightly more tolerable in DoA. She was unbearable in Shortpacked.
>>
>>86251231

I took an Abnormal Psych class with a professor who has many many years of work with every sort of crazy under his belt. He stressed that it does indeed take a special kind of shit to cause an actual split personality to form.

Willy doesn't have the nuts to show that kind of abuse. He can't even show an offscreen suicide.
>>
>>86251491
>>86251291

Thanks for these two posts.

Like, I guess I didn't view them too badly? Like Amber definitely has shit she needs to address and if she can't, she shouldn't be with Danny. But whenever she freaked out it was always directed at herself, and how shit she was. Like, the comparison I'm making with my GF is that she does the same "anger->calm->I'm horrible shit" thing Amber does, so it didn't feel like "yes this is the real Amber" moment, it felt like a thing I'm intimately familiar with. Like, fuck, people explode you know? That doesn't make it okay, obviously, but it feels unfair to shit on people who already have a stacked deck with that kind of thing.

The Sal thing I view as an outlier (and, well, just total shit writing. It felt out of character, but I guess that isn't universal), like it feels like something that was tossed in just for bullshit drama to split them up. It didn't feel earned, I guess.

But anyway, thanks for the input. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm, like, a cushion for abuse? Like I'm wondering if I'm actually in an abusive relationship and I'm too stupid to notice. But she does make me happy, and she doesn't hurt me. So IDK maybe 4chan isn't the best place for relationship advice. I think I feel that way because I'm, like, convinced I need to. Does that make sense?
>>
>>86252175
Assuming she's not a total idiot it should have automatically locked itself after a few seconds of inactivity.

>>86250842
Okay, so Ryan has the phone and potentially has access to Amber's personal info. What Amber has, aside from violent mental instability, is a possessive, controlling, abusive father who isn't above committing serious crimes as a method of controlling Amber. So Ryan, after attempting to ruin Amber's life by revealing her secret identity, will be found with all his front teeth smashed out and bleeding copiously from his anus as Amber receives a letter saying, "You're welcome."
>>
>>86252663

>Assuming she's not a total idiot

That's assuming a whole lot, guy
>>
File: wtf.gif (361KB, 336x224px)
wtf.gif
361KB, 336x224px
>>86248143
>>86248166

Really?
>>
>>86252722

Read his "porn" and you'll see evidence of a man who has never had a normal sexual experience in his life.

I could more than believe his wife cucked him to conceive them kids.
>>
>>86252757
Nah, probably just involved a taser, his prostate, a dixie cup, and a turkey baster.
>>
>>86252548
Try >>>/adv/. We on /co/ just meme on you with occasional insights.
/adv/ is for people who want fewer memes in their help.
>>
>>86251510
I actually took classes about this stuff. There are many different forms. People who aren't currently being abused still switch out from time to time. It sometimes happens when they're exhausted, in particular.

The Gatekeeper you're talking about does not necessarily exist, particularly in cases where a person and all their personalities have no idea that they have DID.

It is also generally the core persona that is sheltered from the abuse. There might also be an innocent alter that doesn't know anything, but the purpose of alters is to protect the core identity.

Support forums really aren't the same as talking to professionals, but you seem to be getting closer toward the big picture.

>>86252548
Remember when she flipped a cafeteria table because Ethan told her that he wanted to date Joyce?

It sounds more like mood swings than anything, with your girlfriend. She probably needs help with anxiety and/or depression, since those seem to be heavy motivating factors in Amber's behavior.

Being irritable and moody, surprisingly enough, are common symptoms of depression. In some of my depressive episodes, I either felt numb, soul-crushingly sad, or absurdly angry.

I do think you could be right about the Sal thing with breaking the two of them up.

I've been in an abusive relationship before and didn't realize it until I finally snapped and broke up with the dude. And even then, weeks later, I would come upon revelation upon revelation about how horrible things were. It's not about being stupid--you're just too close to the situation to notice.

I know what you mean about asking 4chan for advice, but we're kind of like a little family on the /doag/ threads. I think the comics, despite all their flaws, bring up a lot of issues that may be close to home for many of us. If you're having issues that are similar to the comic, then why not? We're clearly analytically-minded here, so I think we're not the worst people to ask. Do what makes you happy!
>>
>>86242176
Not in-universe. Even Dorothy, the smart one, who was researching Amazi-Girl, didn't figure it out by looking. She figured it out from the shoe.
>>
>>86252757
Wait. The guy does porn? Why? This style doesn't seem like a good fit.
>>
>>86253275

Yeah, he makes little "canonical" pornos for his characters.

At least THREE have involved this Amber/Amazi-girl character.

And she didn't even show tits in the last one. She just jacked off a guy, What kinda porn is that, I ask you?
>>
>>86253305
>At least THREE have involved this Amber/Amazi-girl character.
I hope his wife is fat, because he's a real chubby-chaser.
>>
>>86253342

She's been described as an "IRL Amber".

And yeah, his preferred body type seems to be chunky.

Honestly though, I'd bet a shitton that he just says that to appease his SJW fanbase. No, even worse, I bet he CONDITIONED himself to be that way to fall in line with the twisted ideologies he champions.
>>
>>86253376
>I'd bet a shitton that he just says that to appease his SJW fanbase
sjws want varied body types, not just 20 fat girls. thats just what he likes
>>
>>86253165

Has Dorothy met Amber?
>>
>>86253407

Right, but someone who shows no interest in, I dunno, the "unrealistic body image perpetuated by Hollywood" or whatever might get more brownie points.

I dunno, I'd expect anything of this nutter.
>>
>>86253470
Yep.

http://www.dumbingofage.com/tag/amber+dorothy/
>>
>>86213501
Why is a thin woman and a pudgy womanlet beating up a room full of dudes?
>>
>>86253782
It's empowering.
>>
>>86237491
>>86237135
It seems to imply that, no matter how violent and impulsive Amazi-Girl is, Amber Unleashed would be even worse. She's basically a bad day away from going V-Tech on everyone who wronged her on campus
>>
>>86214471
>wanting a dyke Tifa
Leave.
>>
>>86253857
Sal is straight. Very straight.
>>
>>86217518
B-but anon, see those strong girls beat up loads of those evil patriarchal shitlords!
>>
>>86253899
>girl in DoA
>straight

Sorry, anon. She's just in the closet.
>>
>>86254386
If any girl is gonna end up converting to the gay side, my money is still on Joyce solely so that Willis can hook her up with Becky.
>>
>>86253581
He might get brownie points for it, but he has mentioned that his wife has asked him to redesign characters because he keeps making them short and chubby. Dude has a type.

>>86254543
I'd toss small change at Amber or Mary at least having a lesbian fling.
>>
>>86253342
>>86253376

His wife literally looks like him.
>>
File: Grinds my Geres.jpg (109KB, 500x567px)
Grinds my Geres.jpg
109KB, 500x567px
>>86253342
>>
>>
>>86255400
Mary is incredibly unlikely due to how blatant a mustache twirling femHitler Willis makes her.

>>86255549
>>86255696
She looks like she could be his sister and it's legit kinda creepy.
>>
>>86255696
>when you such a narcissist you marry yourself.
>>
>>86255848
I had a roommate once who had a bunch of pictures of herself everywhere. One of them had a guy in it, and he looked like he could be her brother or even twin. Finally met him a month later and found out he was her boyfriend. It was unnerving.
>>
>>86255696
Gee, I wonder who Amber could represent...
>>
>>86255848
>bisexual jesus girl

It sounds okay, and a better offering to the altar of progressivism than him making joyce into a rugmuncher

>>86255933
>>86255960
That "boys are attracted to women who resemble their mothers, girls to men who resemble their fathers" thing is probably in play here. Willis resembles his mother, and his wife resembles his mother. Hence his wife resembles him. That's why you should date girls with bigger boobs or smaller boobs than your mom, who have a different hair color than your mom. Then it won't look like you want to fuck your mom.
>>
>>86255848
ruth was an even more obnoxiously blatant villain before she kissed billie
mary still has a chance
>>
>>86255848
Giving Mary a lesbian encounter would allow for drama while making her a hypocrite and giving Billie or Carla something to have over her. Basically redoing her abortion plot except without the risk of sympathy towards her or the risk of starting an argument for presenting a woman getting an abortion as a negative.

Also they look less similar in other photographs. I think it wouldn't be so bad if both lost weight since it looks like they carry fat on their faces in the same way.
>>
>>86256101
>Giving Mary a lesbian encounter would allow for drama while making her a hypocrite
I genuinely wanted yoto's I'm-attracted-to-women-but-it's-ok-because-carla's-really-a-man.
>>
>>86251491
>>86242200

Yeah, my girlfriend has serious depression issues.

Thing is? When she gets bad, she'll ask me to keep away for a while if she thinks she's in a place where she'll say fucked up shit (she can get really self sabotaging and knows it's time for her to not talk to anybody) She is actively trying not to hurt me even at her worst. As opposed to Amber, who's downright emotionally abusive every time she gets pissed off.
>>
>>86256262
Me too. I want a glorious trainwreck of a relationship based on Mary trying to loophole God.
>>
>>86256333
Your gf sounds pretty self-aware, you should get her in therapy if she's not already.
>>
35 minutes to go.

I'm surprised we're almost two days deep in this thread. I wonder if we can make it to three.
>>
>>86257968
Wonder if we'll hit bump limit.
>>
>>86258012
If we can last until the next update, we should have enough fodder in one strip to get us to the bump limit.
>>
You know what might be fun? Harvesting random panels from the comic and assembling them into new stupid stuff. No editing of dialogue, just throwing them together to try and make them make sense. You could even make a flash editor or something.
>>
>>86257968
>35 minutes to go.

Bizzaro Viedt?
>>
>>86258133
Dada DoA? I like it.
>>
>>86258133
I dunno if that would work. The strip is too linear; there aren't enough non-sequiturs to make sense out of nonsense.
>>
File: thanksjessica.png (428KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
thanksjessica.png
428KB, 1000x333px
Oh Frieda. If only Amber had the motivation of being a political shill. That might actually be kind of interesting. As it is, she just really, really likes beating people up.
>>
File: Harvest test.png (838KB, 1000x965px) Image search: [Google]
Harvest test.png
838KB, 1000x965px
>>86258133
Made this one for the lulz. I hit the "random button" and got the one in the middle. Then I grabbed two relevant strips to make it a set.
>>
>>86258780

Does she really need to defend her interns?

Why can't she just go

SHIT? Really? Well if that's true we gotta call the cops, here I have his info.
>>
>>86258780
>>86258828

To be fair, if some random vigilante assaulted one of my interns and accused him of being a rapist I would probably be looking for a second opinion at the very least
>>
>>86258828
Because then the plot would be over.
>>
>>86258780
I can't help but feel that Willis didn't have any idea how to end this strip. The final panel doesn't have any lead in and ruins any humor gained from panel four.

Also Willis drew Walky instead of Sal in panel 5.
>>
>>86258780
How the fuck did they let him get away? Are you kidding me? Even if youre fighting his bro-minions you should have a goddamn eye on him!

Goddamn, Amber sucks.

Also look, it's Leslie. I was convinced Willis forgot she was there.
>>
>>86258780
Can someone do me a favor and post all the strips from when she snaps the pic up until this one? I don't want to give Willis hits and I want to confirm something.
>>
>>86258909
>Also Willis drew Walky instead of Sal in panel 5
But that's not possible, Sal is blacker than Walky!
>>
>>86258909
He should have Sal start wearing makeup or something so we don't get them mixed up. Their Slipshines are disturbing because of how much they look alike.
>>
>>86258780
>He roofied a woman at a party... and who knows how many others.
Well, that' second part is just slander.

Anyways, this is more or less a whole lotta nothing. Unless Willis is going somewhere with Amber stammering about her phone being gone, it's more or less just saying that there's no problem with him stealing it.

But I bet there's a phone wallpaper.

Also, another thought I had: Given that this is the beginning of a book, we can probably expect to be seeing more of Ryan later, given how Willis enjoys his bookends.

>>86258922
The same deus ex machina that allowed him to get away the first time: None of the numerous witnesses in the crowded area had their eye on him, because apparently Amazi-Girl is an attention black hole.
>>
>>86259100
>None of the numerous witnesses in the crowded area had their eye on him
leslie did
>>
>>86258857

I mean yeah, but if the person whom he assaulted where to come forward Id probably try to get to the bottom of shit
>>
>>86258780
I can't believe Amber's reply is treated like a good explanation for starting a fistfight. "They started it" would have been better, even.

Also, for all the stalking she did around Sal, you'd Amber would have stalked Ryan at least until she learned his name, instead of confronting him. She fucking sucks at this.

>complimenting your rival's fighting
Kill me.

>>86258909
I agree, the last panel is out of place. Nobody is fucking concerned about her being there, jesus.
>>
>>86258922
The fight took place in front of the doors Ryan escaped through. He didn't just get away, he walked around them to get away.

>>86258985
But she's at a Republican political rally, no black people have anything to do with Republicans ergo Sal is now white.
>>
>>86259158
I can't believe that Frieda goes from being Dina in panel 2 to being Mary in panel 3.

I assume he added the last panel because of his need for out of place humor. What makes it especially bad is that panel 4 is an actual joke that panel six ruins.
>>
>>86259298
It really does feel out of place. I mean I know we say that a lot here, but he didn't need the last panel.
>>
>>86259424
i liked the last panel
>>
>>86259298
>>86259424
His humor is starting to become as bad as CWC's random acess humor at this point.
>>
>>86259449
It has no lead-in. It could work if the entire strip was a joke about Leslie drawing attention to herself, but it's just tacked on since the story is about Ryan getting away.
>>
>>86259130
I'd say that's fair, but you still have to consider the crowd watching the fight, as seen in >>86213501 and >>86237028.
>>
>>86238620
her assignment was to turn in a flower pot. What is it with Willis and writing incompetent women?
>>
>>86258780
Oh shit, the reasons for the fight aren't even here any more, lol! What a dumb fuck of a vigilante.

>>86258909
>Willis drew Walky instead of Sal in panel 5.
Can't unsee.
>>
>>86259962
And neither will be brought up on assault charges.
>>
>>86259997
Sal might. Remember this is "Sal is a rich, privileged, woman who robbed a store and kidnapped someone but is totally a minority so its the system thats wrong" the comic.
>>
>>86259690
What? What do flower pots have to do with coding websites?
>>
>>86258780
I was gonna shit on Willis for making Sal sound like an idiot by saying "good" instead of "well." Then I remembered she's speaks a bastardized version of southern english and that's actually a feature of Appalachian English, using adjective forms of words as adverbs. So, congrats on lucking into doing something kinda right, I guess.
>>
>>86237028
That's a good point: where is the security team that Mute Girl is supposed to be a part of?
>>
>>86260142
It's a fairly common occurrence in all forms of English.

>>86259962
What if it's been Walky this entire time? What if Walky occasionally puts on a wig and motorcycle jacket and pretends to be his sister?
>>
>>86239442
How long before someone proves that Cerberus is just Willis having a dissociative identity episode every time he writes a comic?
>>
File: ZyeCO.jpg (301KB, 724x1864px) Image search: [Google]
ZyeCO.jpg
301KB, 724x1864px
>>86260117
>>
>>86260354
>What if Walky occasionally puts on a wig and motorcycle jacket and pretends to be his sister?
Hot.
>>
>>86258957
Sure, gimme a minute
>>
>>86238633
To be fair to Willis this is just something that the American Education system does. There was never a precedent for teaching this shit when it first came out, but even after like forty years you're still required to "Show your work", as if having the goddamn page working doesn't show that you've done the job.

It's the same reason I thought any sort of Math class in college was stupid because fuck you, you don't need me to show you how I got Y, just fucking accept that I got it.
>>
>>86260312
Marcie had to leave the scene so that she can confront Ryan after he escapes.
>>
>>86258957
>>86260987
>>
the last panel in the latest one would probably work better if it was second to last instead actually
>>
>>86260442

>yfw Cerberus is a teacher
>yfw he/she/it is influencing young minds with their insanity
>>
>>86260994
Still, this is the current year. I went to a middling public college for CS studies a few years back and while we were required to submit source code, we did so digitally. I don't know what kind of madman wants to read code on physical paper.
>>
>>86261326
The one that's a fat white guy who's obviously a sexist because fuck it, there can't be any good teachers besides Leslie.

I'd also like to point out that most of the teachers Willis has drawn so far are white and blonde.
>>
>>86260994
Are you fucking retarded? Teachers need to know how you reached your answers. It helps them teach you
>>
Will his inevitable coming out of the closet fuck up Willis psychologically even more or is that even humanly possible?
>>
>>86261916
No, it helps them have an excuse for having to teach past the first month. You can learn that shit quick as hell but they stretch everything out to thee point of redundancy because otherwise they wouldn't get paid for more than a month.
>>
File: 5918336596_5f82527115_z.jpg (55KB, 435x600px) Image search: [Google]
5918336596_5f82527115_z.jpg
55KB, 435x600px
>>86262116
>>
>>86261443
Has it been brought up yet that the computer teacher is an existing character?
http://walkypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Alex
He used to be a student in the Walkyverse. Not sure why the change.
>>
>>86262967
>Though the name DarkPower451 looks sort of like Supergirl79
This part gives me pause. Even though it comes before something about how he no longer pretends to be a girl on the Internet.
>>
>>86262116
You are so fucking dumb
>>
>>86258819

Huh, that's kinda nice.
>>
>>86239442

Cerberus would suck willis's dick if he stabbed a black tranny to death.
>>
>>86262116
You have to be joking. Process is everything. If only answers were required, all you would get for homework is a class set of identical papers. Also, if you don't record your process, you have to start from scratch if you get it wrong, and you never identify your mistake. It's a nightmare for long problems.

>>86261326
>I don't know what kind of madman wants to read code on physical paper.
My old polish C professor (submitted online, he printed it out and wrote remarks in pen).
>>
>>86259191
>no black people have anything to do with Republicans

You'd be surprised
>>
>>86222071
Why do you insist on posting these comics in these threads? I'm not trying to be rude, but I fail to see any connection between these and the relevant webcomic (as godawful as it is).

It just comes off as, "Hey, these people are talking about this webcomic, GREAT CHANCE FOR ME TO WAVE THE THING I MADE IN THEIR FACES!"
>>
>>86264983
I'm just making it for the people who enjoy them.

If you don't like it, please just filter me already, because then you'll save me the time and stress.
>>
>>86263811
It's a joke, anon.
>>
>>86261120
I notice now that Amber's phone is some kind of a Nintendo DS where the screen is on top, the keyboard is on bottom, and there appears to be a hinge between the two halves.

Because that's a phone that totally existed. Like, I know that there were phones like that, but they generally had sliders, not hinges. How would you be able to access the screen if the keyboard was folded up on top of it?

>>86265123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrCQ1ftuTU
>>
>>86265935
There were a few models that clamshelled. It's also possible that it's a normal smartphone and she's got a hinged case with attached keyboard.
>>
>>86266088
I don't buy it as being clamshelled in any context, case or otherwise. The first strip, and some later strips, shows her using the phone's camera without opening it up.

Also, I just realized that if the first picture was clear enough for Dorothy to be able to recognize Ryan, then Amber should have uploaded that picture first before confronting him, if at all. She didn't need the close-up, nor did she need to get THAT close for the close-up. Like, seriously, try and take a picture of yourself with your phone held six inches away from your chin.

Also, I'd like to see a smartphone case with an external keyboard. I figured at this point that everybody liked using digital keyboards too much to let them go.
>>
>>86266240
If she got visual confirmation from Dorothy then there is nothing stopping Dorothy from uploading the photo. Ryan having Amber's phone is pointless as it's screenlocked and unless he's incredibly tech savvy, or it's an iPhone, Amber could have her phone remotely bricked before he'd be able to access it.

As for a smartphone case with attached bluetooth keyboard, Elecom makes a model. They also have an attachable sliding keyboard that is hinged so you can angle the phone.
>>
>>86266459
>If she got visual confirmation from Dorothy then there is nothing stopping Dorothy from uploading the photo.
That too. Dorothy could have uploaded the photo. Now I see the benefits of having somebody at base acting as an Oracle or Alfred to your Batman.

>Ryan having Amber's phone is pointless as it's screenlocked
Given Amber's stammering in the latest strip, I assume a wacky twist will be happening.

>Amber could have her phone remotely bricked before he'd be able to access it.
That's entirely true, but I doubt Willis put that into consideration.
Then again, most people don't put it into consideration at all.

>As for a smartphone case with attached bluetooth keyboard, Elecom makes a model.
That's new to me.
>>
>>86266518
Being able to have your phone shut down remotely was touted heavily as a security feature when that option became available.

The only thing I could think of as far as wacky twists go that wouldn't make Amber look like a complete moron would be if she stores an id in her phone case.
>>
>>86266645
True, but it's not exactly something people wish to set up. Otherwise, when phones were stolen, they wouldn't be complaining as much.

I almost feel like they need to make it mandatory before you even set foot in the phone itself.

Anyways, I still don't think it's supposed to be a phone case. I think it actually IS supposed to be part of the phone itself. Hopefully we'll see more over the next few days; I think this phone is another example of how the DoA universe defies the laws of physics.
>>
>>86266872
People complain about bricking their phones because they're left without a phone and lose what they have stored in it.

Flip phones with full keyboards were introduced around the time he would have been prepping for the start of DoA. They were an attempt to compete with early smartphones. It's possible that Amber's phone is simply an artifact of creation that Willis is too lazy to fix.
>>
>>86237028
I can't even
Wasn't Amazi-Girl supposed to be all of Amber negativity and self-hatred compartimented into another personality, which express itself by being violent for "good" (beating white males) reasons ?
>>
>>86267056
>People complain about bricking their phones because they're left without a phone and lose what they have stored in it.
With the insistence of cloud storage from companies like Apple and Google, it wouldn't necessarily be as if all of that information would be lost forever.
I'm just saying that people shouldn't complain about not being able to find a phone when the option was always there.

>Flip phones with full keyboards were introduced around the time he would have been prepping for the start of DoA.
I miss the days of external keyboards on phones.
But I still doubt that the phone is a flip phone. You can see Amber using it like it's a normal smartphone in the strips above. Hell, the side profile in one of the strips shows the phone to be far too skinny to hold a keyboard. I really do think that the phone is breaking the laws of physics now.

>>86267099
That's exactly what I thought too. Hell, that's how it generally works: The public side represses the anger and hatred, while the private side expresses it. I don't know why Willis is trying to subvert it, especially since he can't even get Amber's supposed DID straight.
Has Willis ever seen "The Three Faces of Eve"? That movie is a good primer on the disorder, though it's probably not entirely accurate.
>>
>>86267152
Not only can she use it like a normal smartphone, she can use it like a normal smartphone despite it having a backplate on both sides. I really think Willis combined a bunch of elements from late 00's personal communication devices into a flipsmartMIDtablet3DS to highlight the "techy" aspect of Amber.

>>86267099
>>86267152
Amber started compartmentalizing positive aspects of herself into Amazi-Girl, most clearly seen when talking with Danny after Toedad's Wild Ride, resulting in a switch of purpose.
>>
>>86267316
>I really think Willis combined a bunch of elements from late 00's personal communication devices into a flipsmartMIDtablet3DS to highlight the "techy" aspect of Amber.
Other than taking a programming class, is Amber even all that techy? She's using her personal phone for Amazi-Girl purposes for God's sake; she should have gotten a second phone or a temporary burner phone for such a purpose.

>Amber started compartmentalizing positive aspects of herself into Amazi-Girl
Well, that's just stupid.
>>
>>86267381
Geeky might be a better word.

And it's only stupid in context of trying to say Amber has DID. She doesn't, she created an alternate persona as a form of psychological splitting. However, that didn't fix Amber's self-esteem/self-image issues and the thrill of being Amazi-Girl was positive reinforcement. So she's got Amazi-Girl kicking ass and feeling good about it, she's getting praised as Amazi-Girl, she's got a guy fawning over her as Amazi-Girl and then she's got Amber, a mousy, emotional woman with a roomful of baggage whose last romantic encounter ended with the guy realizing he was gay while he was inside of her. Her personality began to disintegrate and her extroverted traits, particularly her sexuality, were pushed onto Amazi-Girl while her introverted traits, particularly her self-loathing, were pushed onto Amber. Eventually it got to the point where she dumped Danny for talking to Sal, which caused the divide to break as her self-loathing ran headlong into her anger issues. Willis then completely ignored everything he had written as a lead up once the crowd began cheering Amazi-Girl on and now we're supposed to believe that Amazi-Girl is some kind of dissociative identity.
>>
>>86266459
>As for a smartphone case with attached bluetooth keyboard, Elecom makes a model. They also have an attachable sliding keyboard that is hinged so you can angle the phone.
I've actually been looking for something like that. I kept my ancient phone with actual buttons for as long as I could. It had a touch screen too, but I loved my little keyboard.

It finally kicked the bucket earlier this year, and I'd really like a keyboard that I can have with me on the go since I'm a writer and touchscreen keyboards are uncomfortable for writing a lot.

I'm going to look into the one you mentioned; thanks.
>>
>>86265105
Wow, you're more of a fag than Boco. That's impressive.

Seriously-- make a thread for your comic and let it stand or fall on its own merits. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>86259100
Danny will be on her lock screen. Because she wanted to play Batman, Ryan will track down Danny on campus and hurt him to get to Amber/Amazi-Girl.

And of course she will take it as a sign Ryan is a monster, not that she SHOULD STOP BEING A VIGILANTE.
>>
>>86267839
>Danny will be on her lock screen.
I think Amber is vengeful and angry enough that she probably deleted everything Danny-related as soon as she broke up with him.
>>
>>86267800
Except in this case the comic in question is an explicit parody of DoA. Just filter and move on.

>>86267839
That'd just be a rehash of the plot with her dad. Although if this ends with Danny slashing Ryan in the face with broken glass and Sarah appearing out of nowhere to beat the shit out of him I might just forgive Willis for his many narrative sins this arc.
>>
>>86267839
>>86267940
I was about to say, it's a straight rehash of the whole thing with Amber's Dad.

And I don't see how it would be better by having an ending that's a rehash of the initial Ryan storyline, though if there is a convoluted plot to get Sarah in the right place at the right time, that MIGHT be hilarious.
>>
>>86268647
It'd be funny because it'd make what is ostensibly a very serious storyline into a recurring joke.
>>
File: Groovy pony.gif (974KB, 425x239px)
Groovy pony.gif
974KB, 425x239px
>>86263167
Thanks!
>>
>>86268700
It's not really a running gag if it only happens twice.

But I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>86268859
Give the time between reappearances and how time progresses in the strip, Ryan would be on cue to return for a Halloween arc in 2021.
>>
File: 6-37.png (339KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-37.png
339KB, 1111x333px
Strip time.

If you read Penny Arcade then this joke is funnier.
>>
File: 6-38.png (541KB, 1111x666px) Image search: [Google]
6-38.png
541KB, 1111x666px
>>86270093
and the other one.
>>
>>86270115
Honestly it seems like he could skip the roofy and get Angel to have sex with him through clever word substitution.
>>
>>86270535
Yeah, Angel is a very easy to manipulate girl, but he's already roofied her as seen in panel one, because she's drinking the sprite he gave her.
>>
>>86269381
>Spooky scary roofie men send shivers down your spine
>>
>>86270657
>Gather round the campfire to hear the tale of the Roofie Releasing Rapist
>On nights like this he would appear with a devil's grin and scar on his face
>Also a dent in the back of his skull but you really couldn't tell unless he cut his hair short
>>
>>86269381
Maybe he'll just get hit by a car on the way out. Would save us a lot of trouble.
>>
File: huh.jpg (42KB, 370x383px)
huh.jpg
42KB, 370x383px
>>86270115
Your style reminds me of Girly mixed with Weedonwantcha. Link to your site?
>>
>>86272604
You don't want to read Dewd's comic.
>>
>>86272623
But I do, anon. It looks fun.
>>
File: page-2.png (877KB, 786x1017px)
page-2.png
877KB, 786x1017px
>>86272843
No you don't.
>>
>>86272843
Just ignore him. There's always that one fag in these threads who samefag insults Dewd every time he posts.
>>
>>86272843
dewd's first comic is fucking awful

the second one is....pretty mediocre, but it's a pretty fun jab at willis.

http://freakanimes.com/collegeusa/
>>
>>86272957
Looks like a plebian's sweet bro and hella jeff. I wanna see how it goes from this to slipping a roofie into a crazy brown girl.

>>86272973
Well, it isn't too hard to see why. Not everyone's cup of tea, etc.

>>86272997
Thank you
>>
File: image.png (33KB, 593x569px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33KB, 593x569px
>>86272997
Fuck off retard. Dewd is the most goddamned stupid person I have ever seen on 4chan. He's a 19 years old retard who posted here while underage and actually believes he's going to "teach Willis a lesson."

Dewd is cancer. Filter him and /doag/ can be made great again.
>>
>>86273431
keep posting that pasta, mate.
>>
>>86273628
hairy puss puss : )
>>
Please stop pretending that Dewd is anything but a walking tumor.
>>
File: page 20.png (1MB, 1125x1650px)
page 20.png
1MB, 1125x1650px
>>86273232
Actually that "first page" is a different comic I do named "West Tree Academy of Heroes" It's about 500 pages long and gets a LOT better, just take a gander at this page. The characters from there are also the ones in College University USA, mainly because it wouldn't be a parody if I didn't use the same characters from a previous series like willis did and it's fun to put these characters in a more realistic world and change there backstories to be based off of what happened if all the magical stuff in West Tree didn't happen to them.

http://freakanimes.com/westtree/

>>86272604
Oh yeah, I never finished Girly but I enjoy reading Camp, I know I'm a little late to this comment (I took a nap) but I still wanted to say thanks.

>>86272957
From mistakes to miracles
>>
>>86274018
>>86274314
lol

He's always been a rampant shitposter, though. But what a lot of people didn't catch is that he went on two separate rants some time ago. One, when anons called his writing shit, and the other little breakdown was when different anons called his art shit. Though, to his credit, the only credit here, is the way he took a different approach to shitposts and baiting. Now every post is made in a "Stepford Wives" sort of way. Everything is positive! Which I guess grates people even more?
But yeah, you can probably count the number of people that "like" his shit ITT with one hand. Minifig doesn't count, though. Never. For nothing.
>>
>>86274832
It wasn't really rants, It was me saying I was confident in my art and writing, a bunch of people in one chat (Which I assume you're from) telling me I'm wrong and then the Moderator telling you guys to shut up or me saying "Ok" to shut you guys up.

I actually find it pretty creepy that there's just one guy now who just follows me over /co/ from that chat but It also feels good that I can count the people who hate my work on one hand.

Either way, lets not turn this into a thread about me, this is about DoA. I just make a fun little parody comic.
>>
>>86275016
>lets not turn this into a thread about me, this is about DoA
Stop posting your shit, then.
>>
>>86275016
You assume way too much, and it's not just one guy. But this just shows how inflated your ego had to become for you not to spiral into posting paragraph after paragraph, like before.
>>
>>86275742
Or just filter me.

I'm just having fun with this man.
>>
>>86275016
>>86275903
You can be confident all you want, man. You can also stop improving, and still be shit, though.
>>
>>86274832
He's fucking retarded. It took SEVERAL MONTHS of multiple people telling him to use spell check before he actually started using it (he doesn't use it anymore btw). Dewd consistently demonstrates a complete lack of self-awareness and a complete lack of ability in any of the aspects of comicmaking, from writing to art to even basic understanding of the programs he uses to make it. When people criticize him, he gets defensive and petulant and never once sees his own flaws. His idea of "practice" is repetition without understanding why things don't work, and then gets defensive and acts like a spaz whenever anyone calls him out.

>>86275903
>I'm just having fun
No, you're not just having fun. You seriously believe you will beat Dave Willis with your piece of shit comic you deluded autist. There's a reason your main comic is three god damn years old and nobody reads it. I've had enough of you, you little shit.
>>
File: 1471868043477.png (137KB, 404x388px) Image search: [Google]
1471868043477.png
137KB, 404x388px
Well this thread sure did go to shit.

Filter his trip and move on, autists
>>
>>86276220
Can we trade him for people drawing porn?
>>
>>86276481
Filter his trip and move on, autist
>>
>>86276571
That's a yes on the porn, then?
>>
>>86261120
Oh boy, that's a whole lot of strips I get to skip.
>>86276149
>I've had enough of you, you little shit.
Ok cool, thanks. Still gonna do this for fun though.
>>86276481
I could draw you some porn anon.
>>
>>86277546
draw a mary with a smile worth protecting
>>
File: 9fQPaa3WSe1geYQf3VeFfeV6.jpg (341KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
9fQPaa3WSe1geYQf3VeFfeV6.jpg
341KB, 2448x3264px
>>86277736
Here you go anon.
>>
File: angery.gif (104KB, 300x136px)
angery.gif
104KB, 300x136px
>>86222071
god damn it FUCKING JUSTIFY YOUR FUCKING TEXT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT YOU LITERALLY JUST FUCKING WRAP SPEECH BUBBLES AROUND FUCKING LEFT-JUSTIFIED TEXT, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>86277104
I hope so, we need more lewds.

>>86277956
That's pretty cute.
>>
>>86265105
>I'm just making it for the people who enjoy them.
>If you don't like it, please just filter me already, because then you'll save me the time and stress.

This is /doag/, we came here to shit on that comic, not yours.

Fuck your time and fuck your stress, too.
>>
Donkey kisses.
>>
>>86274314
>>86277956
Is this bad on purpose?
>>
>>86278028

He's a dipshit that thinks his badly drawn unfunny garbage comic is somehow not badly drawn unfunny garbage. Getting angry at him isn't going to fix anything because he's incapable of fixing himself.
>>
>>86278028
Anon I think you need to calm down its just a drawing.

Also I did justify some of it.
>>86278688
Thank you!
>>86278864
Meh, it has its fans so I do it for them.
>>86279438
Yes, I'm actually an art god but I hold it all back because human eyes can not comprehend my art in its truest form.
>>
>>86279654
Please just die.
>>
Dewd, your comic is so bad you make me want to read Dumbing of Age.
>>
>>86279654
Justify all of it you retarded faggot.
>>
>>86279654
You are literally worse than bones
You are the new bones kek lewl
>>
>>86213664
I finally got to read the "donator" strips of Joyce and Walky, and to be perfectly honest, his older shit was more entertaining than anything Dumbing of Age has brought to the table.
>>
>>86279654
>fans
Jesus, you're that far gone?
3 or 4 anons don't justify you posting it. Make your own thread.
Minifig doesn't count
>>
>>86281136
Nah, it probably wouldn't survive.

Either way, when a person likes a comic, they're generally a fan.
>>
>>86281260
>Nah, it probably wouldn't survive.
Not this thread's problem, though.
>>
>>86281260
So that makes it ok to shit up this thread with your garbage scribbles? Fuck outta here kid.
>>
>>86281260
I like it. It's an interesting discussion topic when we run out of things to say about the latest strip. I don't know why it seems to piss some of you off that much.
>>
>>86277104
I have no feelings one way or the other on the dewd, but more DoA lewds would be nice.

What the hell happened to Yoto anyways? Without his DoA asses, we are lost
>>
>>86281866
Because it's objectively terrible you retarded namefag.
>>
>>86282005
The way of the drawfag is fickle. Also he probably has actual commissions.
>>
>>86281866

Same, plus dewd is literally one of the nicest guys in the general. He's handled pretty much all of this with class and grace.
>>
>>86282019
Eh. What does it matter?
>>
>>86282199
>class and grace
lol
>>
When willis dies, dewd will take his place.
>>
>>86281866
>>86282199
>>86282239
What do you think the Dewd's feet smell like? Just a funny thought I had.
>>
>>86282739
But there's nothing there. There's nothing to cling to. Good or bad. Nothing to "hate" as much as DoA, and nothing to praise.
>>
>>86282764
Taste like regular feet, but with a hint of gingerbread.
>>
>>86282838
No, I mean as actual creator of DoA.
He's an apprentice now but he still doesn't know.
>>
>>86282971
I like the implication that Willis is a Sith Lord.
>>
>>86283970
He even has a pair of twins.
>>
Thread's gone to shit and is close to bump limit.

Let it die so Patreanon can make a new one later.
>>
>>86266518
Dorothy is too spineless to do that.
>>
>>86213501

So, the guy's behind her, and she brings her knee up ALL the way to above her face to hit him while still retaining enough power for it to be more than mildly uncomfortable

Is that what's going on in those first two panels????
>>
>>86285623
Agreed and saged.

Patreanon, if you're reading this, it would be better for you to start a new thread.
>>
>>86287005
bump
>>
File: 1472019283270.jpg (102KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
1472019283270.jpg
102KB, 500x395px
>>86287139
>>
>>86279654
>Anon I think you need to calm down its just a drawing.
Are you for real? This isn’t even a case of someone subjectively complaining about the art style, they are calling you out on a basic comics 101 mistake and you’re justifying it with “it looks like shit on purpose”?

Put some effort into your work, idiot. If you’re trying to be a comic artist, bubbles and dialogue are just as important as the art itself. Your crammed sloppy asymmetrical bubbles wrapping awkwardly around misspelled shitty dialogue makes your comic even more of an eyesore than it already is. Drawing constantly doesn’t magically improve your abilities if you don’t put any effort in the first place, and Willis is a testament to that.
>>
>>86287281
So is dewd delusional or is he just being a troll?
>>
>>86287331
probably a little of both, from the sound of it
>>
>>86213948
>not thinking hate on a bad thing can generate discussion
Dude, MST3K had 197 episodes and a movie.

>>86242699
>>86242550
OotS I like. For starting off as a joke, it's got some good characterization, plot lines and decent discussion of ideas going on.

>>86235231
>>86235108
Gott, not even racial topics, just ANY topic. I think it's because Willis (and he's not the only person in this day and age) is incapable of understanding that someone can hold a different point of view and still
1. mean well
2. be intelligent
3. be able to defend said viewpoint intelligently
I mean, you don't see this kind of worldview outside of extremely zealous religious, political or otherwise idealogical organizations.

Do you think it bothers Willis that he has more in common with the people he hates than the people he admires?
>>
>>86237190
>>86239326
>>86239442
>>86239533

>implying DID is a real thing, and not that there's a certain population that's really open to suggestion
It's like you never even read Sybil
>woman has multiple personalities
>is encouraged by her psychologist every time she 'discovers' a new one
>>
>>86287813
It is extremely saddening that you think that Sybil is the norm.
>>
>>86245720
>>86245842

>nothing can go wrong
It's not so much that nothing goes wrong, it's that she never has to struggle. Even during Toedad, she ran, and later gleefully flipped him off while he was helpless in the hospital. She never deals with moments of self-doubt. Even when thinking about her family (an heroic mother, Toedad) she just brushes it off and walks away.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that she is a mary-sue. Any consequences of her actions last about half an hour in comic time for her.

Hell, show me how she isn't a mary-sue (besides not being a self-insert)
>>
Everyone hurry up and kill this thread!
>>
>>86245842
>Everyone loves her
plenty of people dont like her, theyre just leaving her alone because either they pity her or just dont care enough. walky, danny, and sarah for example, and dorothy seems to be slowly getting there
>Is supposedly "so beautiful"
dont remember that ever being stated. for the most part comments on her appearance have been in the vein of "why does she have to LOOK like a lesbian though"
traits doesnt count if theyre typical in-universe
>>
>>86288075
>plenty of people dont like her, theyre just leaving her alone because either they pity her or just don't care enough.
I'm aware some people don't like Becky, but they're either portrayed as wrong for doing so or are cowed by Joyce into feeling sorry for her.

>dont remember that ever being stated. for the most part comments on her appearance have been in the vein of "why does she have to LOOK like a lesbian though"

One of the church dudes making those comments says "She used to be so beautiful". This implies Becky is still to some degree very good looking.
I find this to be impossible because she looks like a humanization of a month old pizza.

Becky is clearly some form of wish fulfillment for him. Same with Carla.
>>
>>86273431
>Filter him and /doag/ can be made great again
If you think /doag/ was ever 'great', you're too far gone.
>>
Can this thread die already, also where's patreanon?
>>
Since this thread isn't going to die on its own, lets autosage it. Here's a discussion point.

Name any of the tolerable characters this strip has left, then imagine how Willis could ruin them.

I can't think of any examples myself because the last character I gave a shit about has been reduced to Becky's booty call.
>>
>>86288342
>I can't think of any examples myself because the last character I gave a shit about has been reduced to Becky's booty call.
Dina was never tolerable.
>>
>>86261120
Okay I missed the one where Sal actually stepped in, christ, could you make a more one-dimensional villain with this guy?

Anyway, thank you, you've actually confirmed what I was curious about.

Aside from Rapeman, nobody actually touches Amazi-Girl or Sal violently. In fact, while Rapeman calls for them to subdue her, she's the one who throws the first punch. After that, the interns are largely within their right for self defense, especially since Amber went for a knee to the fucking head. So while Rapeman is very clearly in the wrong and committed and provoked assault, the interns did not actually commit anything until they were attacked first, at which point they attempted to subdue, and then were thrown off and then beaten up.

From a rational angle, considering there's no Rapeman present anymore, Amber's the fucking aggressor, with Sal as an accomplice. They have the bodycount, not the interns. They should be detained.

And where the fuck was Marcy, who was ACTUALLY THERE AS FUCKING SECURITY?
>>
File: Patreanon.png (581KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Patreanon.png
581KB, 1000x667px
>>86288304
>>
>>86288197
>portrayed as wrong for doing so
thats never happened with the major characters. im not talking about the parents

>"She used to be so beautiful"
thats kind of the exact opposite, it means shes not anymore

>Becky is clearly some form of wish fulfillment for him. Same with Carla.
this is the case for most of his characters, so its not special
>>
>>86288342
sal, jocelyne, joe, billie

hes clearly trying to ruin billie already. if he played up her being stupid like hes done a couple times it wouldnt take long.

the others i cant see how he could ruin without changing a good deal of their fundamental character, or in jocelyne's case, actually making them relevant. (but he cant do that, because then he might have to draw trans porn)
>>
>>86288411
She was fine before Becky showed up. Then all of her prior characterization got thrown out the window so Becky could have an outlet for more lesbian jokes.

>>86288504
>thats never happened with the major characters. im not talking about the parents
Aren't we supposed to be against Sarah when she's telling her off to Joyce?

>thats kind of the exact opposite, it means shes not anymore
And he's portrayed as wrong. Because of this it implies Becky is still beautiful despite haircut

>this is the case for most of his characters, so its not special
You got me there. It's still a mark of a Mary Sue all things considered.
>>
>>86288463
>nobody actually touches Amazi-Girl or Sal violently.
tyler did
>especially since Amber went for a knee to the fucking head.
...to the guy who grabbed her and pinned her to the ground
>>
>>86288589
>Aren't we supposed to be against Sarah when she's telling her off to Joyce?
initially, yeah. but after she has all the information and continues that doesnt seem to be the case

>Because of this it implies Becky is still beautiful despite haircut
or it implies that she was never beautiful and he only said she was because she looked like they wanted her to
regardless, its someone saying shes not beautiful. you cant spin that to say its the story calling her beautiful. nobody who likes her has commented on her appearance, if she was supposed to be attractive theres no reason for them not to
>>
>>86288591
Nobody touched her until she had already made a move, and she kneed Dawson in the head BEFORE Tyler grabbed her. She threw the only punches. They were properly restraining her.
>>
for the record though the only trait that matters re: becky being a mary sue is how suddenly and completely she took over the narrative and how everything goes right for her disproportionately compared to the other characters. none of the other traits are anything other than common warning signs
>>
>>86288739
>how suddenly and completely she took over the narrative

This is what really pissed me off about her. She'd only been there a week tops, and yet she already met everyone and inserted herself into every subplot.

>totally cannibalized Joyce and Dina's character arcs.
>rendered Dorothy redundant
>became the new reason Billie and Ruth were fighting and why they broke up
>became blackmail material for Mary to use against Ruth
>One of the instigators for Ethan ditching Joyce
>Moves in with Sal
>Got saved by Amazigirl

And there's probably more I'm forgetting.
>>
>>86288847
>is a lesbian
>>
>>86288947
we've been over this, traits that everyone shares dont count
>>
>>86288947
Right, of course. I forgot her own plot, which took up a goddamn year all to itself.

I'm fucking serious, an entire year of DoA was nothing but Becky all the time.
>>
>>86288477
this will never be not funny
>>
File: Patreanon02.png (877KB, 1000x1098px) Image search: [Google]
Patreanon02.png
877KB, 1000x1098px
>>86289420
Patreanon is a noble quixotic existence. He shovels shit to people that hate it and love him for the act.
>>
>>86288847
I'd really love to see Willis's response to these assertions, because you're completely right.
>>
>>86290070
hed probably agree, laugh at us, and do it more
>>
>>86290070
Ban you from posting.
>>
>>86288847
Hmm, I think Walky himself is pretty pointless, too. He hasn't contributed anything that matters in ages. I mean, what Willis recently cut was good with him, but the remains are just Walky complaining and trying to be funny.
>>
>>86290404
Walky was a huge negative to the recent Ruth/Billie scenes. That fucking idiot had no business being involved.
>>
>>86270093

That was actually kinda funny
>>
Anyone else want Ryan to get away just out of spite for the other characters?
>>
File: 8750288032211255354.png (345KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
8750288032211255354.png
345KB, 1000x333px
Today's strip. Word of advice from your friendly patreonanon: don't ever book a 4 AM flight.

Way to abandon Marcie, Sal. Hope she can deal with that crowd, what with the whole "not speaking" thing.
>>
>>86291235
Cheers
>>
>>86287331
I come from /hyw/ which Dewd has also ruined and I can assure you he's for real. Filter him and move on.
>>
>>86291235
I'm sure Marci is well-rested after all that not-fighting she just did.
>>
>>86291235
Sal never disagreed with Amazi-Girl completely, she appreciates that she saved Becky, she just thinks she might get in over her head. I mean, she does also dislike her for following her around, but that's separate.

As for Marcy, It's very unclear what she's even mad about here. I know she doesn't like Sal getting into fights. It's pretty weird cause we never got Sal and Marcie's interaction after Amazi-Girl told Sal to tell her what's going on. It's also weird, because she literally disappeared from after Sal and AG fought until now. It leaves this strip in this situation where it's supposed to be profound, but it's just nonsense,
>>
>>86291581
Yeah, my first thought was that Marcie was trying to signal Sal, but you're right, that is just an angry face.

Is Marcie afraid that Sal is going to become Amazi-girl's partner and go around beating people up?
>>
>>86291235

Why does she have red eyes?
>>
>>86285506
Dewd, I am your father!
>>
>>86291235
Marcie's angry because she's first to be fired. As a mute, possibly eyesight damaged and definitely female creature, it was allready iffy if she should have a career. this whole night just proved she wasn't up for it and it was her friend that did it.
>>
>>86291836
Half cyborg after ryan threw her on some rocks.
Now she has multiple blue arms, red eyes and lesbianism.

But what was her robocop ass doing till now?
>>
>>86292101
I think it was more a part time thing, anon.
Who the fuck hires mute security? How do you radio in reports?
But let's not forget we're talking about willis
>>
>>86291235
>Marcie was there the whole time and did absolutely nothing
YOU ARE THE ON SITE SECURITY
YOU WERE TWO FEET FROM THE ACTION GODAMNIT
>>
>>86292178
>How do you radio in reports?
She could use beeps on walkie-talkies in Morse Code or texting.

>>86292477
Apparently Marcie was doing fuck-all if she wasn't cutting off Ryan's escape. Maybe she was masturbating in the bathroom.
>>
>>86292578
My headcanon is that she was yelling at them to stop with sign language but no one was paying attention.
>>
>>86291235
Is this supposed to be a parallel to the strip where Amber first sees Ryan?

Also, note the size of the crowd. How is it that none of them other than Leslie even caught a glimpse of Ryan running away?
>>
>>86292578
>texting a security report
That seems way too slow for security purposes
>>
>>86288731

Ryan swung on her twice, you prat.
>>
>>86259158

Are you retarded? Ryan. First and second swings. Attacking a girl who took his pickture. Then a bunch of "bros" ganging up on her. What the everfucking fuck.
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.