[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranatural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6

File: para.png (812KB, 776x1157px) Image search: [Google]
para.png
812KB, 776x1157px
Pretty insightful for a blind woman
>>
>>86133094
Man this really is Social Justice Diversity Quotas: The Webcomic
>>
>>86133166
are there any other 'diverse' characters?

also, black is not even that 'diverse'.
>>
Alt text
>oh god they're going to find out i'm a fake scientist who just likes to wear labcoats and labeled her bedroom door ''biohazard'' to keep her parents out

Announcement
>Hey guys, the next update will be next Friday, the 16th, so my wrist can have a little break! I'm doing fine but have been overworking a bit, and things are going to be especially hectic with con prep for SPX so I want to rest while I can. Thanks for your patience, see you then!
>>
>>86133094
So was she born without eyes so someone drew some dots in with sharpie?

>>86133317
>also, black is not even that 'diverse'.
You're kidding, right? In America they're still victim #1, even moreso than Muslims and illegals.
>>
>>86134804
>In America they're still victim #1
that has nothing to do with 'diverse'.
>>
>black
>obese
>disabled
>women

All she needs to do is reveal that she's gay and all the diversity boxes can be checked. This is what happens when you sacrifice good writing in order to appeal to the SJW crowd.
>>
>>86135368
Nah needs more vitiligo and to dye her hair .
>>
>>86133094
Get ready for a flood of young!Spender fan art, anons.

Also, how do you speak red text?

>>86135368
As a non-American, she looks decently plump to me...of course, you can argue that on the artstyle though.
>>
>>86133166
>>86080822
>>
>>86135368
I don't get it, the only part of her that's actually mattered in the writing is her blindness.
>>
>>86133166
>>86135368
Do you mind posting like you have your own brain
>>
>begs the question
No it fucking doesn't.

Someone tweet this at Zack:
http://begthequestion.info/
>>
>>86136683
are you seriously getting upset over people using a phrase wrong?
>>
>>86136683
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.
>>
>>86136683
What a bad website. The phrase is literally short for "begets the question"
>>
>>86137164
Yes.

>>86137261
ill rek u m8 sware on me mum
>>
Why the fuck did he put it up so early?

And why the fuck hasn't he made a buffer yet?
>>
File: tpb-ricky4.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tpb-ricky4.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>86137261
>>
>>86133094
wait, is this a new page? i didnt realize when i glanced at it that it had updated. that's how poorly i keep up on this comic's story

why are there women in hijabs who don't into sharia law? why would you the one and not the other?
>>
>>86133094
I wish Zack would just stick with ovals. The dots for eyes make her look fucking creepy and a baby.
>>
>>86138918
Well, there are those who think it's more about fashion than sharia or whatever. Got plenty of those over here.
>Sharia law says cover ye nethers and don't show off your bodily curves
>Thus the Hijab
>But some women here wear hijab and tight jeans and shirt
So yeah. Some consider them to be fashion.
>>
Has anyone else gotten tired of Zach doing the smoke spirit thing?

Maybe I'm just misremembering, but it didn't feel like he'd make them smoke up every other second like they are now

Also, I like how he just decided to exposition dump here because there's no way he would have been able to work this in without dragging it out a couple of more years
>>
>>86139299
Odd since the Hijab is butt-ugly

Fuck covering the hair, it COMPLETELY ruins the neckline
>>
>>86140273
But perhaps a blessing for the chubby ones tho, hides them slabs while framing the face better.
Eh, I have no feelings either way for it.
>>
>Little Mina and Small Spender
Cute.
>>
>>86140273
I think hijabs are cute. They have a fucked up history, but what fashion accessory DOESN'T.
>>
File: 1439617020102.jpg (45KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1439617020102.jpg
45KB, 352x395px
>>86133094
>People don't realize that she's literally the caricature of every over-weight, black woman that was raised in white suburbia
>People don't realize that she's literally a caricature of every middle-eastern woman with a chip off of their shoulder

Living in Southern CA, I've met three of each during school.

The reality of it is, I don't mind diversity as long as it's not shoe-horned in and they actually make interesting characters.
>Happy, peppy woman has altier motives
>Angry middle-eastern woman has a soft side

It's when they mention there race or ethnicity is when I lose interest.

If you want to see shoe-horned LGBT-BBQ, just look up Prague Race
>Person is revealed to be trans
>People act like it's the most normal thing in the world and get brushed underneath the rug
>>
>>86138918
Doc didn't choose the Shirk Life, the Shirk Life chose her.
>>
Do nervous spectrals literally sweat energy or something? Or is it just for >muh mood-setter
>>
>>86142411
It's stinky lines. She hasn't showered in weeks.
>>
>>86133094
>exposed hair
ل-خليع
>>
Why is Zack's wrist in so much pain? Does he draw on a surface slanted towards him, Ive heard thats bad for you. It also helps your wrist if you put more full arm and shoulder movements instead of just wrist movements in drawing and writing.
>>
>>86133094
>Me, a mystery? How do you figure?
>Well what's a muslim doing associating with magic? Doesn't that make you a witch, won't they kill you?
>>
>>86137370
>begs is short for begets
neck yourself
Also it isn't, it was always meant to be the english version of petitio principii.
>>
>>86143048
Stress can compound pain. If you constantly worry about your wrist, the pain won't go away.

Since Zack lives off his webcomic it makes sense that he'd fuss over this, though.
>>
>>86143031
Most of my muslims friends were made to wear headscarves when they were younger but stopped wearing them when they got to late teens\early adulthood. Zack is trying to tell us she adopted the headscarf herself? Maybe she has some sort of spirit attached to the back of her head that she's trying to hide. Allegiance with djinns is absolutely forbidden by the Quran so she can't be much of a practising muslim anyway.
>>
>>86143048
He's just making time so he can do patreon stuff instead.
>>
>>86143048
Zack's wrist in pain -> He's got guest comics, commissions and Patreon stuff to do.
>>
>>86143296
Obviously Zarei is Professor Quirrell.

Although isn't there a minimum age before the hijab becomes expected.
>>
>>86143566
Well traditionally it's puberty but a lot of girls start wearing them younger, how old were Spender and Zarei here?
>>
File: 23266068.jpg (115KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
23266068.jpg
115KB, 400x400px
>>86139299
>the point about the headscarf made out of faith but some followers do it for the fashion

>But some women here wear hijab and tight jeans and shirt
...I shudder at the memory of the Jilboobs.

>>86140321
>Eh, I have no feelings either way for it.
So am I. But then again, I come from a pretty devout upbringing...though they're not in the "MUSIC IS HARAM" camp. Heck, my mum went to a convent school.

To me, Dr Zarei is pretty much fem!Coconut Witch Doctor.

>>86143031
She's Iranian...explains it all.

>>86144121
>Well traditionally it's puberty but a lot of girls start wearing them younger,
...so those girls get used to it, yes.
>>
>>86144121
They're both 26 now so subtract.

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/479432248257941504
>>
>>86143566
Traditionally a girl is expected to want to wear it herself when she feels shes ready, not forced, but there's obviously pressure, expectations, and parental disappointment. I dont know what rules are set in stone.
>>
Is this what getting married to a story does to your pacing? I mean holy shit.
>>
>>86145114
We're in heavy plot now though.
>>
>>86144943
IDK how many muslim aunts and grandmas you know but I definitely wouldn't want to defy them.
>>
>>86145114
Artists are at their best when they're single, lonely and jaded.
>>
>>86145385
Not literal marriage, dummy.
>>
>>86137261
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flapjaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock.
>>
>>86145433
My point still stands. Nothing ruins art like love.
>>
>>86145203
Which is often a pitfall for writers.
>>
>>86145577
The only thing worse is having kids.
>>
>>86133094
>drop the comic some about a year back
>come back
>see this
holy fucking shit, what the fuck happened to Zach's artstyle? what's with this knockoff SU style?
>>
>>86136683
if what is in question is known to be true, it's not wrong to use that expression.
>>
>shota spender
>tucking his shirt into his pants
>>
>>86146555
>knockoff SU
Anon if you need (you)s that badly you could just ask
>>
>>86136683
If nobody understands what a phrase means without requiring a big patronizing explanation, then maybe it's just a shitty phrase that needs to adopt the definition everyone instantly assumes it has.
>>
>>86146762
t. Nu Male
>>
>>86146912
What the hell does t. stand for?
>>
>>86136683
What if the character doesn't know the difference either. Wouldn't it be more realistic that people make those common linguistic mistakes?
>>
>>86146749
It does looks a lot like SU these days.. you know..

(o o)
( ▄▄ )
>>
>>86139524
Nah I've been noticing that too. Shit sucks
>>
>>86146762
By that logic we shouldn't have dictionaries.
Or words beyond a sixth grade reading level.
>>
>>86139524
He could always try working plot points in organically.

...I know he won't but still...
>>
>>86146555
I agree, I suppose some anons see it and some don't.
>>
>>86147091
Trigger I think? I've noticed it on other boards a lot, hasn't fully penetrated /co/ yet but some people insist on bringing their memes with them when they cross boards.
>>
>>86146912
>>86147342

Linguistics has been descriptive since forever, not prescriptive, you inbreds.
>>
>>86147750
That isn't an effective argument against what I said. If wordswere entirely ruled by popular understanding, then all vocabulary above a certain threshold falls apart. Obsequious wouldn't exist.
>>
>>86133464
>>Hey guys, the next update will be next Friday, the 16th, so my wrist can have a little break!

Every other update... just go back to once a week updates and drop the pretence that you update twice a week, Zack!
>>
>>86149301
Then he can have double pages on special occasions.

Although goddammit hiveworks needs to fix the site code so you can post more than one page at a time without combining them into one giant page. Goddamn that was annoying.
>>
>>86147385
He works how spirit powers work in organically.

You can bet Zarei's difficulty communing with the ghost train will have been important later.
>>
>>86149301
I wish he would do this, it really throws me off having inconsistent updates.
>>
File: Ed.jpg (48KB, 628x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ed.jpg
48KB, 628x500px
>>86133094
>That's history, not mystery
>>
>>86135368

The comic's got plenty of issues, a fat black lady with bad eyesight isn't one of them.

Are people only allowed to have one trait at a time? The comic barely even comments on it.
>>
>>86140997
>People act like it's the most normal thing in the world and get brushed underneath the rug

that's...pretty much how you're supposed to react in real life, anon

acknowledge, adjust way you address them, move on as normal
>>
>>86152970
Supposed to, ideally.

But the ideal isn't necessarily common or even verisimilitudinous.
>>
>>86153233
Put down the thesaurus, nerd. You're on 4chan, you're not impressing anyone.
>>
>>86153779
>I don't know a word so I'm going to assume real people don't use it.
Sorry anon, you're not in school any more, the rest of us aren't going to wait for you to catch up.
>>
>>86154052
I have never in my 25 years of existence heard someone say that word.
>>
>>86153233
>verisimilitudinous
Is this a zombie noun?
>>
>>86133094
>all those research division members
>ONLY 2 are non-white

im literally cshaking

I swear to Allah at least 7 of those must be non-binary or otherkin or else i'm dropping this comic
>>
>>86135368
characters will those traits appears in almost every media since forever.
>>
>>86154052
A significant repertoire of words is useless unless you can use it efficiently.
>>
>>86153233
uh, in english please?
>>
>>86155669
Google is pretty efficient anon.
>>
>>86137261
Lay off the booze and hash, Ricky
>>
>>86134804
>victim #1

Only in their own minds.
>>
>>86157609
I think that's what anon meant. Though in public perception, not just theirs.
>>
>>86158171
The part of the public that is allowed to have opinions without getting fired, yeah.
>>
>>86158360
You're not going to get fired for having an opinion, maybe people won't like you for being an asshole but that's all.
>>
>>86160119
>You're not going to get fired for having an opinion

Except that's actually happened anon. Because tumblr likes to dogpile the employers of people who they don't like.

Also opinions like "Hitler did nothing wrong" might cause issues even within a private circle.
>>
>>86160215
my mistake, I thought I was replying to a real person with opinions not an edgy neet. Carry on with your delusions in peace.
>>
File: 1321522874503.jpg (2KB, 124x126px) Image search: [Google]
1321522874503.jpg
2KB, 124x126px
>>86160294
I'm not the delusional one anon, but I'm glad you've never had to find out the hard way how much power social media has.
>>
>>86137261
>hole-hardedly
Woah.
>>
>>86155737
Johnny Test, please go.
>>
Remember when paranatural was good?

I feel like nothing happeneed thi whole chapter
>>
>>86160472
It's more like too much happened this chapter. Like chapter 4. It grows more massive than its creator ever intended.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.