[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tom King is a mediocre thriller writer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 21

File: sayitnow.jpg (24KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
sayitnow.jpg
24KB, 500x440px
Tom King is a mediocre thriller writer.
>>
>>86119161
Rebirth is like 70% mediocrity, 20% bad, and 10% good
>>
it is a great thing Disney can't get a foothold in the video gaming market.
>>
Steven Universe would be an ok show if the titular character wasn't such an obnoxious, whiny, ugly little piece of shit. He should've been the comic relief and team pet, not the focus of the narrative.

And no, the fact he "develops" doesn't make looking at or listening to him any more pleasant. No amount of internal consistency is going to endear me to an annoying lumpy genderless hispanic child-creature who cries constantly and makes LE SILLY FAYCES.
>>
I can't stand Tradd Moores art
>>
>>86119230
You are absolutely correct.
>>
Nu-Power Puff Girls is no better or worse than anything else on CN.
>>
It kinda annoys me that people rave at how The Batman did "new" and "different" things with the franchise when all it really did was give everyone Jackie Chan Adventures makeovers and fight kung-fu, while Beware the Batman genuinely took risks and was experimental, and it gets mocked for not being the same ol' shit.
>>
Old CN shows suck by today's standards.

Craig McCracken needs to learn how to not have his shows devolve into shit (PPG, Foster's). WOY is a step in a good direction but it's still lacking somewhat.
>>
>>86119161
Tom King is a thrilling mediocre writer.
>>
I bought and just hung up a The Force Awakens poster, I bought it before realizing how looked down upon it is (according to /swco/) I don't even give a fuck anymore, I can't find posters of the older movies in store obviously and I wanted to something Star Wars related. I don't care "how awful" the movie was.
>>
>>86119161

I hate marvel and i hate kamala

I cant stand the current Batman run

I find the Avengers incredibly boring, and much prefer the x-men part of marvel.
>>
Bojack threads are shitty /r9k/ circlejerks about first world problems and I hate how I can't discuss the show without idiots going, "Bojack is deep because the horseman is literally me!"
>>
>>86119325
>genderless
He is male. He goes peepee standing up
>>
This pissing contest /co/'s been having over who hates Steven Universe the most is getting really old and really fucking annoying.
>>
>>86120096

And i keep hoping Fox keeps the xmen

I think Zootopia was mediocre and its only as big as it is because of furries.

Wonder Woman is a shit character
Black Panther is a shit character

Every time i see a chris evans laughing meme i hope he dies in a car crash.
>>
>>86119968
>I lost my virginity thanks to Alan Moore's Lost Girls

Gonna need to elaborate on that one anon
>>
sorrentino is a shit tier artist
>>
>>86119968
>>86120237
You do this every single thread. Get over yourself already.
>>
I liked the Guardians of the Galaxy movie far more than I ever liked the comics.

The amount of people who complain about October threads doesn't annoy me so much as saddens me because I adore spooky discussions and I hate having to wait.
>>
>>86120285

Who cares if he does? Doesn't hurt or change anything
>>
>>86120174
Not everyone likes The Crying Game: The CN animation.
>>
>>86119161
I like anime and manga
>>
>>86120285
I'm sorry, anon. I deleted it, if that makes you feel any better.

>>86120329
I don't know if you're that same anon who asked me to elaborate, but I'll do it for you, man.
>>
Television animation for children is horrible right now.

Video games, too.

Thank fuck for comics.
>>
>>86120446

I'm not the one who asked, but I don't see how it's affecting that other anon by posting your reply
>>
>>86120470
>Thank fuck for comics.
Do you even read anything that isn't IDW trash?
>>
>>86120570

......Uh...I think Mortal Kombat is coming back soon...
>>
>>86120570

IDW > Marvel
>>
My grandfather is mentally degrading and is barely conscious of his surroundings and the people he knows. I'd rather he just be dead; I know it's what I would want in his situation.
>>
>>86120095
TFA was fine. Some anons just hate anything that's popular because they can't relate to it.
>>
>>86120865
It actually wasn't really that good and I'd wager that the real problem was the exact opposite: something that were mediocre being given way better treatment than it should've just because it was a new entry in a popular franchise that wasn't as bad as the prequels.

There were definitely a lot of problems in the narrative and writing.
>>
I like chocolate milk
>>
I would rather have shit that tries to be completely different from the source material, attempts to reinvent it's characters, and explores characters and motivations in different ways like in Batman Returns, Man of Steel and BvS than the boring safe movies like Avengers, Civil War, Ant-Man, and Suicide Squad.

It's better to have a movie like Batman & Robin that is so bad that it's entertaining than the have a movie that attempts to be as generic as possible to fill the seats. Fuck you, Green Lantern. You could have been great.
>>
File: Diamond Yellow very mad..jpg (126KB, 698x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond Yellow very mad..jpg
126KB, 698x1280px
>>86119325

Yellow Diamond best mom
>>
>>86119325

Who doesn't fucking cry on that show?

The creator must be on her period 24/7/365.
>>
>>86120865

Like I enjoyed it, it was an ok movie. I'm glad I got the poster.

>>86120955

I mean it's true, it wasn't the best movie. In all honestly I don't hate the prequels, RoTS is honestly my favorite
>>
File: Guzzling Gallons of Greed.jpg (900KB, 1750x1215px) Image search: [Google]
Guzzling Gallons of Greed.jpg
900KB, 1750x1215px
http://murrlogic1.deviantart.com/gallery/

I wish the faggots on this board would get the idea my comic series is 10x better than HIBY and 1000x better than Sonichu
>>
I actually don't hate BvS. I just act like I do because everyone else does and I feel like if I don't people will rag on me for having shit taste. In my opinion it's a 6-7/10 with particularly bad pacing and some dumb story elements, but nothing quite like the dumpster fire people make it out to be. I still think Snyder's a hack though.
>>
>>86119648
>Old CN shows suck by today's standards
Finally, someone has the guts to say it
>>
>>86119161
and let the assblasted Kingfags come.
>>
>>86119161
I liked Snyder's run on Batman more than Morrison's or King's.
>>
>>86121197
>6-7/10
>a hack

really made me think
>>
>>86119161
Well no shit he writes comic books. You literally cannot be above mediocrity if that's your job.
>>
MCU MOVIES
> Hayley Atwell > Kat Dennings > Rebecca Hall > Aunt May > Scar Jo > Cobie Smulders > Jaimie Alexander = E Lilly > Natalie Dormer > Liv Tyler > Pepper > Natalie Portman

MCU TV
> Deborah Ann Woll = Hayley Atwell > Rosario Dawson > Chloe Bennet > Cobie Smulders > Simmons > Mulan >>> Greek Bitch

SPIDER MAN & FANTASTIC 4 MOVIES
> Emma Stone > Bryce Dallas Howard > Kate Mara > Jessica Alba >>> Kristen Dunst

DCEU
> Traue > Lara > Katana > Adams > Mercy > Gadot > Robbie > Viola Davis > post 2013 Diane Lane
Mercy's face is sexier then Adams or maybe even Katana but she is so god damn skinny.
>>
>>86119161
I love Slott's Silver Surfer, even though I know its cringy. Along with Gwenpool and Loki its the only happy Marvel book.
>>
I'm convinced the only reason SU was made was because the creator is female. That's literally the only reason why anyone would approve that garbage
>>
>>86121343

>Kat dennings anywhere but the bottom

No.
>>
>>86121306
Same.
>>
>>86121197
Jesus Christ you faggot, who cares if anonymous neckbeards on a portuguese papermaking forum think you have shit taste?

I personally think BvS is shit and I wouldn't rewatch it even if you paid me, but there's nothing wrong if you enjoyed the movie. You don't need to try so hard to fit in, this is not reddit.
>>
I'm not buying the new rebirth books, not because I don't enjoy some of them, but because I'm still so triggered by stupid shit like real Superman not wearing the costume he's had since the 1940s.
>>
File: Kat-Dennings-GQ-01.jpg (60KB, 653x980px) Image search: [Google]
Kat-Dennings-GQ-01.jpg
60KB, 653x980px
>>86121363
>>
I like Jessica Jones more than Daredevil, because Jessica Jones actually revolved about superpowers, while Daredevil so far just beats unpowered people up.
>>
Live-action comic shows are terrible. And I mean every single one of them (except maybe Daredevil, because it felt like Arrow 2.0 and I didn't watch it. Fuck it, watching Arrow was aalready a horrible experience and if JJ was anything to go by, Netflix shit is not that great to say the least.)
>>
>>86121459

You heard me.

If she didn't have this fat lumps no one would give her the time of day.
>>
I still watch shit like Adventure Time, and sometimes, I even like it.
>>
I haven't watched any live action capeshit since 2013 and don't plan to ever again. I wish they'd just stop making them.
>>
>>86121496
Your point?
>>
I realized that what I want in comics varies with my moods. My strong opinions as a fan and on the direction writers should take are as fickle as a kitten's attention span.

Me: "Characters I like should be realistic and should be dark but should also be unrealistic and funny at the same time. The stories should be new, but old themes are what I want. Stories should have logical plots and should say something about society but shouldn't be anything more than just plain entertainment".
>>
>>86121535
So, you're schizo?
>>
>>86119230
I like a good amount of it. Superman has been the highlight. Hoping Blue beetle turns out good
>>
I get an angry feeling when I see pictures of Barriss, it's really out of context but she is connected to a bad memory
>>
>>86121531

Bitch can't act.
>>
>>86121506
I hope they keep making them, because the best part of having the movies is that we get reprints of those characters' classic stories. I bet we're finally going to get a reprint of David's Aquaman run late 2017 or early 2018
>>
I think Steven Universe is a well-written show with great character moments, but what it does best of all is value kindness and love, so I can understand why 90% of this thread's usebase thinks it's Gay and Bad.
>>
>>86119161
I hope Milo Murphy's Law will feature Phineas and Ferb cameos.
>>
Beware the Batman was ill-conceived and CN killed it because they honestly thought no one would want to watch it. Everyone hated it more the more we saw of it and barely anyone watched.
>>
>>86121598
>>86121496
>>86121114
I remember you being a little bitch, Boco, but I never knew you were also a rampant misogynist.
>>
I can't see the appeal of Nolan's trilogy.
Even everyone's beloved Dark Knight feels like a very poor man's Se7en.
>>
>>86121343
X-MEN
> Lynn Collins > Morena Baccarin > New Storm > Blink > Gina Carano > Kelly Hu > Tao > Rose Byrne > small redhead Asian > Famke Jannsen > 1st Mystique > January Jones > Anna Paquin > Ellen Page > H Berry > Jen Law > First Class mexican with wings > Origins Diamond Bitch
>>
I'd rather read comics about the villains rather than the hero, because the heros are boring as shit. Make some ongoing series about the villains so I can have something worth buying.
>>
>>86121496
And the sexy as fuck lips and the soft cute cheeks.
>>
>>86121677

You remember?

And hey, I love women. But trying to watch her attempts at "acting" on that horrible show of hers is a soul-crushing experience.
>>
>>86120330
Yes, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that.

Stop fucking announcing it in every goddamn thread.
>>
>>86121677
>rampant misogynist
So, you're saying Boco has positive qualities after all?
>>
>>86121645
Me too. I want Doof to show up every now and then.
>>
>>86121651
This makes it seem like I hate it, it was alright but Batman's classic villains are a massive draw and to purposefully exclude them was a terrible idea.
>>
I'm so fucking sick of xeno-fags. Every single time there's any sort of monster-girl they have to bitch relentlessly if it's anything less than a giant arthropod with an hourglass figure, and even then I've seen people here throw a fit over a cricket having eyelashes.

And I could honestly deal with all of that if they weren't so fucking condescending about it. They refuse to accept that while monster designs can be more interesting or appropriate to the story, sometimes more human or "cosplay-tier" designs are more appealing. And they act like they're better than everyone else because "they don't think with their dicks" when the reality is that they don't care about character design, they just want their fetish catered to.
>>
>>86121473
>not watching the only good live-action comic show
I mean I can't guarantee you'd like it, but Daredevil is like the one stand-out show and the only one I would actively recommend.
>>
New Ms. Marvel is closer to the traditional Spider-man story than any real Spider-man story has been in the last ten years
>>
I know it's not really an unpopular opinion on /co/, but I just want to say it out loud.
Hans is a goddamn terrible villain.
And stop with the "he's a realistic sociopath" bullshit. Unless you mean that in a "real-life sociopaths are generally low IQ retards" kind of way, that's simply not true. He's just a generic boring moustache-twirling villain and the fact that the audience was lulled into sense of security with him being a nice guy at first, doesn't change that.
>>
>>86122065
Only S1 though and the Punisher parts of S2.

Jesus, S2 was such a disappointment for me.
>>
>>86119161
Young and Beaulieu's run of Rocket Raccoon was the first time there's ever been a good interpretation of the character since his debut
>>
File: 1463276418086.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463276418086.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
I would be down for an Earthbound comic. It's literally perfect, even has the color scheme of a Sunday morning newspaper comic strip.
I wish /co/ would talk a lot more about comics that weren't marvel or DC. Usagi Yojimbo, BONE and Sam 'n Max threads are a good time. Shame that the threads that aren't storytimes are archived to oblivion.
I have absolutely no interest in superhero comics, at least not yet.
I still haven't read Hellboy, and after all the praise I've heard, and how much I enjoyed the movie, I'm gonna give it a read tonight.
I've always wanted to start a webcomic, but I've never known the place to start or finish. I always do that thing where the story I write goes down a track I later end up regretting, and I have to start over.
>>86121840
Holy balls, dull your edge bit, lad, I almost cut myself.
>>86121969
>>86121759
>>86121645
These, too.
>>86120470
>Television animation for children is horrible right now.
I can agree with this, but I think Clarence is pretty okay. That new show by the lads that did Phineas and Ferb doesn't look bad so far, either.
>Video games, too.
I'm kinda in the middle with this one, as a mainly Nintendo kind of guy. On the surface, there's just lots and lots of shit, shit that /v/ shitposts about, but if you dig a little-actually, maybe a lot- deeper, you can find some good games, that /v/ will shitpost and maybe even praise.
speaking of vidya, is the new DOOM decent?
>>
Legend Of Korra (excluding season 2) was good.

Johns gets a free pass for some of his more questionable comic runs.
>>
Not really /co/, but:

I want to leave 4chan, but it's the only place I can find half-decent tabletop discussion that isn't based entirely around rules lawyering and loop holes.
>>
>>86120109
This. They act like those edgy Tumblr teens that always claim they're "dead inside" to appear relatable or deep.
>>
File: sad sponge.gif (1MB, 1275x916px) Image search: [Google]
sad sponge.gif
1MB, 1275x916px
>>86120634
Oh...
>>
>>86122288
Kill yourself or go back.
>>
>>86121626
I think it's ridiculous that Steven Universe gets completely shit on for being "SJW" when it's like the only show that actually manages to do diversity well. Yeah, it's very blatant that they're pushing diversity and yeah tumblr eats that shit up, but it never sacrifices any sort of story elements and the characters are still done well enough.
>>
>>86119230
it started pretty good then sputtered out fast. at least superman is still good even if aquaman went to shit
>>
>>86119161
Nextwave: Agents of Hate is overrated. Every funny part has been reposted on /co/ ad nauseum to the point that reading it wasn't even that enjoyable.
>>
>>86122290

Take that back right now faggot

Till Asami turns evil this show is fucking worthless
>>
Most discussion on /co/ are ad hominem
>>
>>86122384
Of course a faggot like you would say that
>>
>>86119293
Agreed.

But what about Star Wars games?
>>
>>86122299
I feel this way about /co/.
This place is a shithole full of retards of all kinds, but it's the only place I can talk about comics.
Holy shit, comics forums are awful and make even this board look good in comparison.
>>
I actually enjoyed Superman Grounded from what I remember of it. Supes just ambling around, doing dumb shit with regular assholes was fun. I thought it was a nice coda to the hectic Chris Kent/Final Form Brainiac/Zod/New Krypton stuff.
>>
>>86122288

Yes, DOOM is good.

Which reminds me; pirates piss me off.
>>
>>86122463
I used to think this too, but holy fuck did /co/ get bad in the past year. I think BvS and Civil War coming out so close to eachother and the review fiasco broke this board.

It's no better than /v/ now with the constant console war shitposting and live action threads. The only day where there's more comic discussion is Wednesday, other than that the board is almost unusable and full of faggots who don't read comics but want to talk about the latest page or panel that triggered them.
>>
Gravity Falls' attempts at drama or emotion, for the most part, fell flat. It was a funny show but never knew when to NOT be funny.

When it was on the air it was my favourite show but now that it's over I can hardly give a damn.
>>
File: 1463453929356.jpg (415KB, 966x751px) Image search: [Google]
1463453929356.jpg
415KB, 966x751px
>>86122631

Pacifica should have just remained evil and her real ambition should have just been to make Dipper evil like her

Then destroy the entire Oregon Redwoods so they can build an even bigger mansion.
>>
I think that most people who use the word "pandering", "SJW" or "tumblr" to describe things they don't like is just covering up some form of prejudice

I also hate how a website that used to pride itself in being a forum for free thought and discussion is becoming more and more of a hugbox for those of certain "alt-right" political beliefs
>>
Arkham Asylum is shit

Gart Ennis is a hack who writes the same comic over and over again

Brubaker's criminals are equally crappy
>>
>>86122963
>I also hate how a website that used to pride itself in being a forum for free thought and discussion is becoming more and more of a hugbox for those of certain "alt-right" political beliefs

That's what happens when the left goes berserk.
>>
>>86119161
Despite all the evidence that it probably won't be that good, I'm still actively rooting for Marvel Champions. Viv survives The Vision so how could I not?
>>
>>86123079
I love the concept, the characters are nice and I think it's great that they're pushing some new characters and giving them the spotlight, but holy shit why did they give the book to Waid? It's probably gonna be a shitshow.
>>
>>86120174
Seconded, holy shit. You can't go in any CN thread these days without somebody bringing up how terrible the show is, whatever, etc. They're way worse than the people who put it on a pedestal.
>>
"Fun" comics are usually more obnoxious than actually fun and in modern times usually feel like insincere and completely charmless attempts to imitate Silver Age.
>>
>>86123465
What comics?
>>
I think it's hilarious that we predicted people would turn on King immediately after his run started, and it happened exactly like that.

Six issues into what will surely be a several year run and a bunch of hipsters have already decided the entire run sucks.

It happened with Morrison, it happened with Snyder, and it will happen again with whoever succeeds King. I guess it's just a curse with Batman.
>>
>>86123874
>turn on King

Mate. He's been mediocre since he started. You're just starved for good writers so you prop the mediocre up. We've been swimming in a sea of shit since Frank went full retard. You've done this with other writers. Like Lemire. My point is there isn't a medium that has it worse right now than comics.
>>
>>86122963
>I think that most people who use the word "pandering", "SJW" or "tumblr" to describe things they don't like is just covering up some form of prejudice

Not wanting comics to show every cop beating or murdering black people for no reason when less then 99% of cops in real life do so is not fucking prejudice against blacks.

Not wanting Wonder Woman to threaten to rip off Orion's balls (the worst act a human being can commit against another) OVER FUCKING FLIRTING is not prejudice against feminist or a act of misogyny.

Not wanting to be told I hold malice and hatred towards women because I like female characters to be sexy a lot of the time is not prejudice.

Not tolerating garage writing and characters I love being dragged through to mud just to make diverse character look good is not prejudice against diversity.

I was flat out excited for fem Thor and I even ended up liking it but that doesn't mean it does not have valid problems.

Black Panther's ongoing is for me the best comic coming out of the big 2 EASILY.
And yet I despise the propaganda in the Sam Wilson book with every fiber of my being.

FUCK YOU, you presumptuous piece of trash.
>>
>>86123874
>I think it's hilarious that we predicted people would turn on King immediately after his run started, and it happened exactly like that.

I think it's hilarious how you won't shut up about THE TURN.
>>
>>86124091
There's a reason I said MOST people, anon

Sometimes the quality of content does suffer for the sake of pushing an author's agenda, I won't deny that.
A lot of your concerns are valid and I definitely can see where you're coming from.

My problem is with the people who see one trailer, panel or scene where a black/woman/etc. gets screentime or men/whites/etc. are shown in a not-so-flattering light and they immediately jump on /co/ and blow it out of proportion.

Adding to that, what the fuck happened to being objective?
A lot of people care too much about whether or not something agrees with their own agenda.
You can still enjoy something, even if you don't agree with the point that it's trying to make.
>>
People who unironically label SU as a SJW show are faggots who have clearly never even watched it.

You'd be surprised how often the show pisses off Tumblr.
>>
>>86125170

>Seething.
>>
>>86125214
>Seething

What does that mean? English is not my first language
>>
>>86125267

It means you're getting fucking mad over a retarded childrens show for nu-males like yourself

Kill yourself.
>>
>>86125170
Rick and morty feels like the more SJW show at times.
>>
I don't think superhero comics are going to thrive any longer. Even if Marvel wasn't pushing the progressive angle, I don't think pandering to the core fanbase would delay the demise of the big two's comic output significantly.
>>
>>86119161
The Marvel films are better than 90% of Marvel Comics, or really, either of the Big Two.

Cape Comics fucking suck. And I'm not saying that because I feel like it makes me better than anybody. I WANT to like superheroes. But the comics just fucking suck ass and I'm sick of wading through the shit to find the few gems worth reading.
>>
>>86125349
How do you figure? Most people call it anti-SJW or at least I've heard that term applied to it the most.
>>
>>86125294
I think someone's angry

You remind me of this edgy 15 year old NEET I met one time
>>
MCU is dumbed down garbage for people with no taste.
>>
>>86123023

This started before the left went berserk, though. Seeds were planted as far back as /new/ when the wrong people learned you can use 4chan for any retarded political or monetary agenda you want.
>>
>>86125419

ur ghey u homo penis.
>>
>>86120470
damn boco, do you just have the shitiest of taste my dude?
>>
I like /tv/
>>
/co/ is better than it was 3 and a half years ago
>>
Marvel has only produced three good movies, Iron Man, Winter Solider, and Guardians of the Galaxy. The rest range from decent to terrible.

The DCEU has been on par or slightly below Marvel's best work except Suicide Squad which was just bland.
>>
I despise horror as a genre.
Only music and some of David Lynch's movies make me feel unease.
Otherwise I'm absolutely bored by any kind of horror, be it comics, films, games, books, etc.
>>
File: 1443482800059.gif (330KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1443482800059.gif
330KB, 256x256px
The SU and Gumball fighting is the most pathetic thing I've seen on /co/.
Stop trying to compare the two just because they both had mediocre anime episodes.
>>
>>86125635

Fucking this. I like both shows and yeah they sometimes have shit episodes but it's stupid to fight over shows in general
>>
>>86125584

Apparently so.
>>
/co/ needs to get better at not falling for bait
>>
>>86125876
To be fair, the bait /co/ falls for happens on most boards and it doesn't help that 4chan has become the place for shitposting.and memes.
>>
I haven't seen BvS or Suicide Squad, and I plan on keeping it that way. DC bores me when it comes to movies.
>>
>>86127941
You're not missing anything.
>>
>>86119161
Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls actively lower the standards of animation by making people think those shows are "high quality". It just means lesbians with a hint of darkness is the most we'll ever get in a kids cartoon. Shows like Gargoyles or Samurai Jack (I mean a new show targeted for kids, not a reboot on Adult Swim) are now outdated and overlooked despite having much more mature themes, direction, and storytelling.

It's sad, those shows in comparison to what we have now, we've actually gone backwards in "mature stories for kids" and made them more childish. And people accept them and they get awards.
>>
Problem Solverz was the best CN toon of the last five years.
>>
>>86120634
Mine's an incredibly long-lived argumentative alcoholic who's probably going to drive drunk into someone one of these days. Knowing him, he'll probably get out without a scratch and although he'll initially be repentant, within a couple of days he'll already be trying out excuses as to what the people he slammed into were doing to get themselves killed.

I don't like him. I'm middle aged and I've never known the man, even though he's been around pretty much my whole life. He thought I was living on welfare for ten years because he doesn't know how I make money, but rather than say anything he just assumed this is how "my generation" makes their money because he's internalized all that bullshit. I've never claimed welfare in my life. Whenever he sees me or my family he makes a point of saying "you're fat" to *at least* one person, usually in front of everybody. He does it for the reactions. Doesn't have any friends left (drank most of them to death, drove the rest away with his bullshit, outlived a few) so when he spends time with people it's with his family - who he considers a captive audience for his same drunken routine. The best thing about him is that every couple of years one of his brothers will be at the same get together and will call him out on his bullshit stories, which only they can do because they're the only people left alive who were there.

So when you're looking at your grandfather thinking how terrible it is that he's deteriorating and will pass away surrounded by people who care about him, or even if he's only got you that cares, remember it could be worse: you could be turning into someone far, far worse yourself, having to check your unpleasant impulses at every turn just so you won't end up an asshole drinking your loneliness away because you're so destructive. You could have your health decades after it fails most people, could have retired 30 years ago, and could have wasted all that time.

Hug your gramps for me, OK.
>>
File: not today.gif (315KB, 528x294px) Image search: [Google]
not today.gif
315KB, 528x294px
>Gwen threads
>Raven threads
>Cheesecake threads
>milf threads
>booty threads
>boob threads
>some other fetishit

Take it to /aco/

>cosplay threads
take it to /fa/ and /cgl/

>TV show threads
>Movie threads
Take it to /tv/
>>
File: 1472456703114.jpg (28KB, 230x163px) Image search: [Google]
1472456703114.jpg
28KB, 230x163px
>>86130703
>licensed /co/ game thread
take it to /v/

Why the fuck would I ever want to take ANYTHING to /v/?
>>
New 52 was good

Moon Knight is better than Batman

I enjoyed Paper Girls
>>
I hate cartoon reviewers on youtube. They all hate the same and and like the same things it's like their opinions with cartoons is very basic and safe (unless it's TTG because why not?)
>>
I haven't read a cape comic since like 2009. It's all shit.
>>
>>86120470
Agree about the video games bit

Here's my unpopular opinion:
-I hate the New ms marvel although I'm Muslim I think her stories are so cliché and overrated
-i hate how there are always 5 SU threads at least even when there are like 2 generals and I hate it when the fans always respond with reaction images from the show
-I like comic movies but but godammit we need less threads of them

-i hate how most of my friends and my crush don't care about me and only talk to me when they need my help on something
>>
>>86119161
I like Jim Lee. He puts out some nice art from time to time.
>>
Outside of storytimes and the odd write-thread, I'm honestly can't think of any real reason to come to this board anymore.
>>
>>86132787
Same here
I Think people like judge anon, honorary legionnaire,X-anon,Ulti-mate... are the only reason I come here and they're what's saving this board from becoming /tv/ or /V/
>>
>>86132962
kys
>>
>>86132962
>judge anon, honorary legionnaire,X-anon,Ulti-mate
literally whos?
>>
>>86133002
Why?
this is just my opinion
>>
>>86119575
it's actually good my nigga

the ONLY people crying like faggots are 90's kids and pedophiles
>>
>>86133040
Judge Anon is an overly nice guy that has specific fetishes and isn't afraid of admitting them.

Honorary legionaire is a shiteating shitposter

The other ones are literal whos
>>
>>86133057
because fuck you and your happy place and your attention whoring. Those namefags aren't even good, I guess Judge Anon is decent but he never contributes anything really.
>>
>>86133093
I'm talking about the storytimes
>>
I was dumped and its 3am here. No sleep so I'll wander the internet.
>>
>>86133152
Ok man
I never wanted to start an argument I only expressed my opinion since this is what the thread is about
No need to be an asshole about it and sorry if I bothered you
>>
>>86122065
Soooooo booooring. I forgot I even watched season 2.
>>
I prefer the writing and art styles of older cape comics.
If it doesn't have thought bubbles, I don't want it.
>>
>>86121585
What bad memory?
>>
i dont read most of the marvel books(specially xmemes and inhumans) but i pretend to know what im talking about, but since almost everyone just talks about the avengers its easy

i also dont really read any comic, not even the ones i storytime or follow, just watch the images and thats all i do

obligatory not /co/ related shit
im in love with ym childhood best friend and i know i will never love anyone the same way i love her, and this fucks up most of my relationships since every time i think im over her and happy with my new gf, something happens and we meet again or something and everything goes to hell
i dont really hate the feeling, but it makes me feel like shit knowing i hurt someone so much for something that can never happen
>>
>>86119325

I would agree with you in terms of season 1

Later seasons Steven is more tolerable
>>
>>86133491
get closer to her and Try to strengthen your relationship with her.
Maybe she also has some feelings for you.
if she does (trust me you'll know) and if you really love her more than your gf then you have to break up.
Lying to your gf will only make it worse and it won't allow you to be happy.
But if she doesn't love you you'll just have to get over it . It'll be really hard in the beginning but you'll get over it after finding someone who really loves you back.
>>
>>86133927
Get the fuck off /co/
>>
>>86132547
I hate them because almost all of them develop this superiority complex sooner or later, throwing out objectivism in favor of their biased likes. If they dislike a show for whatever reason they'll nitpick on whatever episode they review, even if it's an objectively good episode.

It's the same reason as to why I hate most MLP reviewers on YouTube. Their nitpicking is too autistic and you never feel as if you're allowed to like certain episodes, because just like you said, all of them somehow agree that an episode is good or bad for no apparent reason.
>>
>>86133927
thanks for the help anon im almost sure she doesnt like me back, the new gf thing was just an expression of how things happen when im in a relationship
im trying to get over her, but i just cant, its been more than 12 years and i just cant
>>
SU needs to fucking stop stealing anime scenes and themes and actually pick up something worthwhile from the medium.
>>
Any words for a heartbroken anon?
>>
>>86134222
watch some romantic anime or read some manga
surprisingly it helps

tell me more anon, i feel you
>>
>>86123014
>the same comic over and over again
That's not even true.
>Brubaker's criminals are equally crappy
Well, fuck you too.
>>
>>86134222

She probably never loved you in the first place.
>>
>>86133178
Need a internet hug?

to make you feel better?
>>
Most of the Land Before Time sequels are alright. Not masterpieces, but they're heartwarming, the characters are still all the same people from the original, and you could really do worse as far a movies that define your childhood. They don't deserve the hate they get
>>
>>86134101
ow I've been through something similar. She had some feelings for me but she was also more in love with another guy who was actually my friend. That made me hate him for quite some time but we're okay now. I just found another girl who helped me get over it. I still love her though. I just found someone I love more
>>
>>86130703
I absolutely despise waifu shit now. I love the whole "we'll fap to anything" part of /co/'s culture and our occasional FOTM's but the non stop waifu idol worship in the past year has been such an enormous cancer I left /co/ for the summer, especially once I saw shit like channel tans spring up, and I still came back to the same shit. And I'm especially talking about fucking Halloween characters.

And just absolultely fuck the mods for the shitty regulations made surrounding /aco/ and /d/, and it's shitty affect here. I don't know how many times I'll need to say it.
>>
>>86122451
EA. For better or for worse.
>>
Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men sucked
>>
>>86134495

>the non stop waifu idol worship

Now, by that do you mean a board-wide worship of one character? Or just people posting their assorted waifus?
>>
>>86134311
Four months in and everything was going well I thought. We had great times together and flirted right up to last night. Made plans for weekend and meeting family. Suddenly I get this letter on Facebook saying she's not emotionally in a good place to have a relationship right now. Now it's 4 am and I'm not tired
>>
File: 1473207841866.png (285KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
1473207841866.png
285KB, 500x531px
>>86134395
Try stop being an edgy faggot for once, Boco
>>
>>86134610
That's women for you anon
You never know when they might have an emotional breakdown.
Try to sleep maybe she'll think about it and Change her mind tomorrow
>>
>>86134628

I kid, I kid.
>>
>>86134604
I suppose I'm talking about shit like MLaaTR or Ghoul school and not waifu faggotry as a whole.
>>
>>86134450
I liked Chomper-- if they ever do a series reboot, I want them to keep him in
>>
File: Shrug life.gif (459KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
Shrug life.gif
459KB, 480x330px
>>86134222
If I knew what to say, I'd wish someone else would tell me those words.
>>
I spent money on Avengers Arena bc I didn't know any better
>>
>>86134812

Eh, it comes and goes in phases.

You should have seen this place when Frozen came out.
>>
File: 1416141409338.png (232KB, 1472x1544px) Image search: [Google]
1416141409338.png
232KB, 1472x1544px
I want cape comics to fail, and I want them to fail hard. I am willing to accept the consequences of this, whatever they might be.
>>
>>86134894
I have. It was cancer.
>Comes and goes in phases
Nigger, halloween is around the fucking corner.
>>
>>86134962

Oh, right, the spooky threads or whatever.

Eh, easy enough to ignore.
>>
>>86135016
I wonder how you act outside of 4chan.
I know that 'Boco' is the persona you make/have here, but I'm generally interested in who you are.
>>
>>86135016
You know what, just fuck off Boco, you're an absolutely boring person argue with.
>>
>>86134871
You poor soul
>>
/aco/ should've been a "vanilla-only" board.
You may not like it, but at least it'd ward off the /d/egenerates.
>>
>>86135123

Sorry...
>>
I absolutely think that a shared universe was the worst idea ever. Batman and Superman, just as an example, existing in the same universe is dumb. To me at least.

I also find modern Batman to be unbearable.
>>
File: 1459304677023.jpg (46KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1459304677023.jpg
46KB, 294x294px
>>86135198
No, stop apologizing you faggot, just end it there. Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>86135196
Nothing kills my boner faster than seeing a full diaper on a depiction of a grown adult.
>>
>>86135269

Yes sir...
>>
>>86135334
And brush your teeth young man
>>
>>86135395

Yes sir.
>>
>>86135124
it was before I started browsing /co/, luckily it was only one volume
>>
>SU, Loud House, Star, and other "flavor of the month" shows are decent to good. The fandoms here on /co/ are what make them shit.

>SJWs are hindering and helping the industry. Give it another five years and the cancerous ones will be gone while the good ones remain.

>/co/ is to tumblr just as /v/ or /tv/ are whiny fags.

>Nick looks like they are returning to their old era of running good cartoons, but until FOP and Sponge are canceled. I refuse to believe that the new shows will be prevalent long term.

>TTG is terrible to good and TT was only decent in retrospect.

>Marvel has better heroes while DC has better villains
>>
>>86135486
You're alright
>>
>>86135486
>helping the industry

Name one.
>>
Legs > Ass > Tits
>>
>>86136401

What? No.

Tits = Face = Hair > Legs > the rest
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>86134848
Chomper is a bro. I named my bearded dragon after him
>>
>>86120095
TFA is a good movie. The people who complain about it are literal autists. Star Wars was never the pinnacle of cinema, it's a good sci fi and that's what TFA is.
>>
>>86122463
Even /a/ is much better place to talk about anime or manga than any other.
>>
>>86136601
TFA is bottom-of-the-barrel, lowest-common-demonstrator fluff. It has none of the inspiration or sincerity that Lucas brought to the originals. It's a plastic, mass-produced, soulless product right from modern Disney.
>>
>>86132547
So same thing as anime reviewers? Only good one is Grumpyjiisan
>>
>>86136708

>It has none of the inspiration or sincerity that Lucas brought to the originals

Heh, thanks for the laugh before I go to bed.
>>
>>86136768
Get raped by a back of aids-infected niggers, Boco.
>>
>>86136768
Why are you acting like this?
>>
>>86136834
Acting?
>>
>>86132547
>cartoon reviewers
I hate online reviewers in general.
I think only toy reviewers (because I've never seen anyone be opinionated and autistic over a toy quality, like it happens with movie/cartoon/anime) and horror movie reviewers (because once in a blue moon they introduce me to some obscure gem/bad movie that is entertaining.) don't make me want to strangle them.
>>
>>86136871
He's usually a spineless faggot, but now he is a edgy faggot.
Honestly, I'm not sure which one I hate more.
>>
File: DC_Comics_logo.png (36KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Comics_logo.png
36KB, 1100x1100px
I think DC's current logo is the best it's ever had.

Even better than the classic 70s Milton Glaser logo. I always thought it looked too similar to Captain America's shield.
>>
>>86137065
I kinda like edgy Boco
>>
The Suicide Squad movie was nothing like the comics.

The New 52 has some good stories but it's ultimate purpose was to bring the comics more in line with their potential move lineup after Green Lantern succeeds. You can see the results for yourself.

Hellboy's one of the best comic books to be published, honestly. The Mignolaverse is a really ambitious project and succeeded.

Ant-Man is the one character I'm a characterfag for. If it's about Hank, I will pick it up. If it's about Scott, I'll give it a shot. If it's about Eric, I will pick it up unless it's bad.
>>
File: Citizen V.jpg (419KB, 612x842px) Image search: [Google]
Citizen V.jpg
419KB, 612x842px
I don't care how bad it is, I prayed for Suicide Squad's success on the offhand chance it puts me closer to a Thunderbolts movie.
>>
Barbara Gordon is an awful character.
>>
File: Batgirl.jpg (592KB, 800x896px) Image search: [Google]
Batgirl.jpg
592KB, 800x896px
>>86137770
Barbara Gordon is an okay character.

She's just a shitty Batgirl.
>>
File: Annie2.png (213KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Annie2.png
213KB, 720x480px
honestly wished that she could've been given the same treatment like how Timmverse's Mister Freeze's main motive and how Harley Quinn's Timmverse character plus the made-for-the-cartoon character Livewire got adapted into the mainstream comics back then
>>
I've studied writing and drama, I've read the major "inspirational" works of classic fiction, I know my history and basic psychology.

OH MY FUCKING GOD ALL THESE COMICS ARE SO FUCKING PREDICTABLE!

Every time I come on /co/ I have to hold myself back from posting those SPOILERS that are so obvious that I could scream.
But I would hate it if someone did that to me, so I just can't.
>>
>>86138660
>COMICS ARE SO FUCKING PREDICTABLE!
You are supposed to shut down your brain when you read capeshits anon.
>>
>>86138844
I know damned it! Don't you think I know that! I tried! Booze helps.
But if I get drunk to read my comics every time I'm going to end up with two life-destroying addictions instead of one!
>>
Rugrats in Paris made me cry when all the moms started dancing with their kids
>>
>>86135196
It can't even keep up a decent write thread through all of the fucking garbage.
>>
>>86138660
Predictability is the least worrying issue of comic book writing.
>>
Aside from Monica Cap and Johnny Storm I loathe legacy characters.
>>
I don't care if people like them or not, i don't care who makes them, and i don't care about what company does better. I like both MCU and DCCU movies.

Yeah, there are some not-so-good ones, but i try to look at the good moments in those movies. With that said, i hope that both companies do better and better with their movies and comics, and will go in optimistically with each thing they put out.

tl;dr Fuck company wars.
>>
>>86121037
they look like humans from The Angry Beavers
>>
>>86138660
I'm so tired of people caring about something being predictable.
>WAHH PEOPLE SPOILED THE ENDING FOR ME I CAN NEVER ENJOY THIS WORK
Fuck off, cunts. If you can't, then maybe that work is not worth getting involved with.
I read the spoilers all the time and that have never hampered with my ability to enjoy a book, comic or a movie.
>>
>>86136601
>Star Wars was never the pinnacle of cinema
Yes.
> it's a good sci fi
You're such a tasteless faggot.
> and that's what TFA is.
Actually, I take that back. "Tasteless faggot" doesn't even begin to do you justice.
>>
>>86138660
but that's what makes them the perfect medium for spoiler culture

we're living in a post-listicle age, anon

people don't want to consume media any more, they want to guess about what the media of tomorrow is going to be and argue about why they're right

the twists become ever more absurd when they're not predictable, simply to confound one side or the other

plot is as meaningless as the medium itself, it's not about reading, or fandom, or enjoyment, it's about being right and the other guy being a faggot who is wrong
>>
File: 1456590595979.png (11KB, 138x153px) Image search: [Google]
1456590595979.png
11KB, 138x153px
I really feel like the general quality of storytime threads has degraded immensely. It's a wasteland of capes now, and even there's less of that. Before I would find a lot of amazing, unique comics here, it's what made me stay, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I know I should post some comics of my own, and I would, but connection issues, the new captcha and the new 'OP can't bump their own threads' rule has made it difficult for me. Maybe that's why there's less comics.
>>
>>86120095
TFA was great. The only people who hate it are butthurt prequel fans who can't stand that Star Wars isn't pandering to them anymore.
>>
>>86143269
Blame Jewt and his "OP can't bump his threads".
I can't be arsed to storyime shit anymore because it's frustrating to reset my router only to see bans for things I never even done and occasionally IP range bans and keep people (well, as if anyone cares) waiting until I reset it enough times to get it to work.
>>
>>86120330
Except you're easily the biggest faggots about it.

I can respect your decision to dislike something, but you will also respect that some people who come to this board are actually adults, and want to punch your face everytime you shit up the board acting like such special fucking snowflakes about it.
Thread posts: 244
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.