[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/doag/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 554
Thread images: 49

File: wormface.png (357KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
wormface.png
357KB, 1000x333px
Roofyin' Ryan edition.

Her heart says "kick his teeth in," but her grin says "hatefuck him."
>>
>>86080822
does the hatefuck count if she can't remember it
>>
Yeah, she's gonna kick the shit out of him unprovoked.
>>
>>86080822
>not actually recognizing Amazi-Girl despite being at that one party

Oh thank God, he might actually have brain damage from being hit in the head with a baseball bat. Twice.

...Y'know, in any other context, that would be a horrible thing to say.
>>
>>86080822
Her eyes follow you from across the room, the insanity apparent. Your fearboner pops as she heads towards you. Is this the day you die or get laid? Well, which is it?
>>
>>86080822

so what exactly is her plan here? Because all possibilities end in her publicly assaulting someone
>>
>>86080822
>That small pit in your stomach where you start to question if Ryan really does have a twin with the same facial scar.
I mean, shit it would be pretty fucked up.
And stupid.
>>
http://imgur.com/a/48WB1

http://imgur.com/a/Y1r2W
Somebody made a couple of edits and I really liked 'em, so here they are. If I was a smarter patreonanon, I would have logged into imgur so I could go back and edit the main album album...

Which I'll do when the next patreon-only strip comes out.
>>
File: 10972526.gif (1024KB, 480x205px) Image search: [Google]
10972526.gif
1024KB, 480x205px
how come he's got a worm on his face

also where's that one joyce picture- i need it
>>
>>86080874
There's no way Willis would go for it, it's too original....right?
>>
File: sin eater.jpg (24KB, 400x182px) Image search: [Google]
sin eater.jpg
24KB, 400x182px
>>86080917

I could see him ripping off Death of Jean Dewolfe and the whole Sin Eater thing
>>
>>86080966
How'd that turn out again?
>>
>>86080917
It's something we've discussed in the past few threads after Ryan first re-appeared. Basically, given how unrealistic the nature of Ryan's escape was in the original party scene, the only way to salvage the concept would be for Sarah's actions to have a permanent effect on him by causing him to have suffered irreparable brain damage.
>>
>>86080822
Good to know Amber has an underbite, like a slaw-jacked retard
>>
>>86080822
As a survivor I find this whole arc insulting. Joyce didn't get raped. Ryan was beaten by three different people. Street justice happened, it's over.
This is making me sick to watch.
>>
can i be that anon that ask a quick run down on whats going on?
>>
>>86080822
Is that shit on his face suppose to be a scar? Jeez, even lazy artists know how to half-ass a scar, he has a fucking noodle on his face.
>>
>>86081030

Sin eater was some cop who killed Jeanne DeWollfe, one of Spidey's cop buddies

Spidey loses his shit and completely fucks the guy up to the point where he's completely crippled for life and would have done worse if Daredevil wasn't there to talk him down. FYI that's not the symbiote suit so yeah, Pete's just wrecking a regular human because he's pissed.
>>
>>86080822
>her grin says "hatefuck him."
With a big strap-on, hopefully.
>>
>>86081139
Noodle face tried to get Joyce alone in the bathroom at a house party after drugging her drink.
Sarah, Amber, and a few other people stepped in and beat the shit out of him after Joyce slashed his face. Amazi-Girl(Amber) showed up and everyone was sooooo distracted that Ryan(Noodle face) got away.

This was six years ago.
>>
>>86081237

Also no one reported the crime so in every legal sense Amber is about to wail on a guy who already got wailed on with no legal backing
>>
>>86081315
You also have to realize that Joyce doesn't want to press charges because it brings up the event and she freaks out about it.

And let's be honest here, Ryan is probably well off and can just get his parents to bail him out of trouble. What then?
>>
>>86081237
>This was six years ago.
In real time. Was it even long enough in DoA time that he'd have a scar and not an open wound?
>>
>>86081139
Amber, as Amazi-Girl, was stalking Sal at a midnight rally in support of Robin DeSanto's mayoral re-election campaign. Amber and Sal were set to have a rumble when Amber noticed That Guy Ryan in the crowd with a noticeable scar in the shape of a worm on his face. Ryan is a tertiary antagonist from a number of years ago who attempted to rape Joyce after roofie-ing her drink, only to have his plans thwarted by her not getting roofied fast enough and then cutting him with a broken glass cup, and also Sarah clocked him in the brain with a baseball bat. Twice. Then she stomped on him.

Somehow, despite bleeding from the face, and likely bleeding internally, Ryan managed to sneak away without making any sound-- literally no sound at all-- and without being witnessed by any of the other party-goers because Amazi-Girl had shown up to assess the situation, causing everybody to be distracted apparently even though Amazi-Girl was already at the party and causing a ruckus beating up other people.

Anyways, Amber felt guilty about it, and then she felt guilty about it again when Joyce was apparently so triggered by the situation that some time later she drew dicks on the whiteboards on everybody's door.

>>86081237
Six years ago for us. One month ago for the characters.
Which brings me to another point: At no point during the month of schooling that's gone on since the party has anybody even seen Ryan, apparently. This is the first time since the party that we've actually seen Ryan himself.

Joyce "sees" Ryan whenever she's walking alone on campus because she's now too triggered to walk alone. To be fair, I can understand the trauma. I just still can't understand why it's when she's alone in any capacity. I still feel like it should be when she's alone in a crowded area, simulating the conditions of the original party.
>>
>>86081237
so... is he a good guy now?
or is he going to pull an out of character ham fist actually ebil white man?
I've been following up with /co/ since crazy dad arc, and up.
Don't really know how its going to play out for this arc other than what I said above.
>>
>>86080822
He roofied that sign.
>>
>>86081415
>or is he going to pull an out of character ham fist actually ebil white man?

He did that last time, so it stands to reason he'll probably do it again this time.
>>
>>86081396
>>86081237
also thank you for letting me get up to date appreciate it.
>>
>>86081415
We don't know what the fuck Willis is doing right now. Really I like to believe it's just going to be Ryan pulling the "Well, what are you gonna' do? That little slut didn't tell the cops and none of you bitches actually got proof."
>>
>>86081438
Seems kind of boring if it's just the outcome everyone knows how its going to play out, especially if its an important event been on the back burner.
>>
>>86081419
I just want him to go full super-villain

>"Ah, I am surprised you found me so quickly Amazi-Girl... but it matters not!
>All of the signs I have been handing out have been rigged to explode! If you lay a hand on me, dozens will die!"
>>
>>86081458
Will he even have time to say that in between all the Willis-Trademark face punches he's going to get just for confirming he's the guy?

>>86081474
That's DoA for you. Reader reactions in these threads range from disappointed apathy to confused rage.

>>86081523
>She lets them die
>"They were republicans, they deserve it!"
>>
>>86081523
That would be fucking awesome.
>>
>>86081523
No instead he takes the personification as Rape-Man.
And if Amazi-Girl doesn't stop the signs instead of bombs....RAPE BOMBS
>>
>>86080822
WHAT'S HER FUCKING PROBLEM?
>>
File: emphasis.png (1MB, 1205x1037px) Image search: [Google]
emphasis.png
1MB, 1205x1037px
>>86080822
Fucking hell. He can't even get the logos right.
>>
>>86080822
>that grin
Oh, okay, so it's not personal or because you owe a debt. You're enjoying this, you psychopath.
>>
>>86081559
>disappointed apathy to confused rage
It's why I've been going to /co/ more often.
Actually genuinely fun reading, and watching the reactions of everyone else
>>
>>86081645
She's still got that bloodlust inside of her from almost fighting Sal.
Only now, it's regular lust, and the blood is because she's ovulating.
>>
File: 1459477089853.jpg (50KB, 458x990px) Image search: [Google]
1459477089853.jpg
50KB, 458x990px
>>86080822
I was just feeling kind of down because I havnt improved nearly as much as that furry in that other thread. But thank fuck I can at least draw a somewhat convincing scar Jesus Christ Whillis what are you doing?
>>
>>86081347
>And let's be honest here, Ryan is probably well off and can just get his parents to bail him out of trouble. What then?

Amazi girl becomes Rorschach
>>
>>86081856
How long has this been in comic?

Because a facial gash like that would take a bit to heal... definitely would need stitches if it was that wide (center would have to be fairly deep).

He honestly probably should still be bandaged up.
>>
>>86081646
These threads are probably what keeps me coming back to /co/. It's fun and cathartic to see people rip Willis and his shit to shreds.
>>
>>86080822
Visually, I still find it hard to treat Amber as a threatening figure. Like I totally get that she clowns on jocks and puts grown men in the hospital without taking a single blow, but then I see panel 2 and it's just a tiny frump lord.
>>
>>86081944
Same for me. It's almost relaxing to come home to /doag/ every day.
>>
>>86080822
Oh phew, I was worried it was going to be something.

>>86081980
>frump lord.
Kek
>>
>>86081944
Same, but I find /co/ does a way better job with Questionable Content in my opinion.
That's what nailed me to coming back to /co/ is that hilarious shit show ride, and the edits are just god tier.
>>
>>86082053
I enjoy DoA threads in particular since for a long time I didn't have anywhere to vent about how bad the comic was beyond a friend who had long given up on it.
I couldn't stop since I've been reading Willis' garbage every day for years until that point and it was a habit to keep reading even though it wasn't making me happy to do so.

Finding these threads was a damn godsend, because Willis' comment section, tumblr and twitter are such hugboxes I thought I was part of a minority hating the comic and its characters.

Plus I've never read QC before.
>>
>>86082126
nah, 4chan is a great place to absolutely get to shit on anything if you're funny about it, and can articulate why its awful.
Personally for me I've gotten majorly bored from /v/, and after the complete autism of /v/ going ape shit fit over undertales I've been finding other boards naturally.
I came across /pol/ way more because of it, and I've been familiar with comics enough through my family use to own a gaming(Trading Cards, Table Top, Role Playing d&d)/comic store.
Getting back into other hobbies so picking up on /tg/ soon.

But yeah 4chan is a great bastion where you can actually find, or go too any interest you have, and then immediately get told in paragraph form how much they hate you.
>>
So I got bored and found some YouTube videos. First up, a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL70lMOaD7WKofzHlk_BRoifkWNPNLhayL
Apparently this is a "Dumbing of Age" OST curated by David Willis himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW8UtmMAvT4
I don't know who this guy is, but he had the gall to actually recommend DoA to his nine subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcp87IfOkSg
Here's a blast from the past; apparently this guy interviewed David Willis back in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkScCvCno1c
Another 2011 interview; this one was made using a digital camera, unlike the previous interview which appeared to be recorded by hand-cranking a video cassette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRmYWTnuH5Y
This one isn't DoA; it's actually one of the two videos about Endtown on YT. But this guy has more subscribers than the other guy above, so suck it.
>>
>>86082350
nice, work anon.
>>
>>86080822
Why does no one tell him he as an earthworm on his face?
>>
>>86080822
Amber is the one superhero I really want to see get her ass handed to her by a criminal/villain.
>>
>>86082320
I'm kind of getting tired of /co/'s constant bait threads, but it's difficult to get into other boards since /v/ is a shithouse and nothing is really drawing me in over at /toy/, so I've been sticking with /co/ for /doag/ and the occasional rare thread that doesn't derail into a pissing contest over who hates Steven Universe the most.
>>
>>86081082
Of course you are
>>
>>86082651
well I will tell you with a fact it's not worth really getting into /v/ anymore.
thankfully though /f/ has never changed
>>
>>86080822
did he rape her or something?
>>
>>86082845
He attempted to rape someone else.
>>
>Meanwhile in the comments
>Murder as a justifiable punishment for rape
>Rape as a justifiable punishment for rape
And I think they're super serious.
>>
>>86083329
I thought libs didn't believe in the death penalty, and all people can be redeemed?
>>
>>86083329
well that just makes sense, doesnt it
>>
>>86083381
These people aren't liberals. They're reactionaries.
>>
Christ, Willis, we get it. She's about to beat the shit out of that guy. I could enjoy it a bit more if I didn't have to actually HEAR you working yourself up to an orgasm.
>>
>>86083401
This is a pretty common sentiment across the board-- think of how many people's reaction to a sex offender's conviction is "yea now that fucker's gonna get jail-raped"
>>
>>86081237
So presumably Ryan's been walking around with his face all messed up and nobody has thought to ask him what the hell happened?
>>
>>86083766
i mean he couldve just lied
>>
>>86082002

It's like Cheers, except none of us know each others' names and instead everybody knows your rage.

Or apathy. Whatever.
>>
>>86083824
A better question is why Amber never spotted him on campus during her daily patrols despite having a prominent identifying mark you can see from across a room.
>>
>>86083657
How much longer do you suppose he's going to draw this out?
>>
>>86083992
obvious answer is he wasnt on campus
>>
>>86084006
Why did he return to the campus for the campaign rally?
>>
>>86083329
>>Rape as a justifiable punishment for rape

well "eye for an eye"
>>
>>86083664
>"yea now that fucker's gonna get jail-raped"
I really hate the "don't drop the soap" joke that people always make about prison. Like... why are we using rape as a punchline??

>>86084554
Maybe he just has classes on a different part of campus. Where I went to college, if you were doing any health classes, you'd be nowhere near the English or history classes. Doing geology or astronomy? Nowhere near the business building.

He might be taking classes in his major, while everyone else is bumbling across campus to one or two buildings where their gen eds are.

So he might have literally had no reason to be anywhere near Joyce's dorm in the past six weeks.

>>86084000
Probably another month or so. I'd be surprised if we didn't get a chase scene with broken physics again.

>>86082126
Same, regarding reading Willis's stuff out of habit and needing somewhere to vent.

Plus, I have a Master's degree in English, and what better way to spend my free time than venting on here in a way that allows us to discuss the narrative issues of the strip?

I like having something to shred into and over-analyze. I love the literary discussions, the edits, the amusing commentary, and just everything else we have here. Like the last thread said, this is more a support group than anything. I love it here.
>>
>>86081925
I'd say it can't be more than two weeks
>>
>>86084867
>Like... why are we using rape as a punchline??

Rape is funny
>>
>>86084980
How so?

>>86084943
It was in the first week of college or so, and we're at week 6. So it's been 4-5 weeks.
>>
>>86085021
>How so?

go watch Blazing Saddles
>>
>>86085040
Okay, one movie is an example. Anything beyond that to go on?
>>
>>86085079

It was funny when Ben Affleck got raped at the end of Mallrats
>>
I liked Walky and Sal more when I thought they were Native American.

Stopped reading this crap when everyone explained Sal's juvenile delinquency away with her whole "YOU WAS BORN WHITER" thing.

I see it has not gone anywhere.
>>
>>86081082
*victim

survivor applies to situations that would get you killed
>>
>>86085195

I thought they where some kind of Vague middle eastern
>>
>>86085249
Plenty of rapists also kill their victims. Survivors are people who made it out of their rape alive.

>>86085266
They are a quarter-black. So they are way more white than black. Their dad is half-black. There's literally no reason for race to get involved in their story, but here we are.
>>
>>86085303
>86085303
Willis seems to subscribe to the "one-drop rule" that racists in the 50s used.

Why do SJW have so much in common with hardcore racists?
>>
>>86084006
He wasn't on campus for over a month? The guy showed up to a political rally, he's not trying to keep a low profile.

It's possible that he was never spotted even though finding him would be a top priority not only for Amber but Joyce's friends as well. They can all identify him instantly by the scar on his face.

It's a minor point but there are so many plot holes like this in DoA they really add up.
>>
>>86086244
he fucking shows up in the background of strips all the time too.

I'm sure Willis is trying to build up Amber as cool since she's one of the least liked characters in the strip who isn't a villain, but this just makes her look fucking incompetent
>>
>>86085303
>>86085483
I wanted to mention this last thread but it died before I could, but I think it's funny that Willis has Sal going all "Rich white boys don't go to prison" when Sal herself committed armed robbery, kidnapping, and probably aggravated assault and yet didn't spend any time in juvie or jail for it. Fuck, her parents are even wealthy enough to pay for five years of boarding school.
>>
>>86080822
I do not understand Amber's plan here. What is she going to do? Ask him if he was at a party a couple weeks ago, and then if he knew who Joyce is? Is she going to just ask him if he is a rapist?

What is her plan if he just says he doesn't know what she is talking about?

Is she going to assault someone in public?

The fuck is her end game here?
>>
>>86084867
>So he might have literally had no reason to be anywhere near Joyce's dorm in the past six weeks.
Would he have had any reason to have been at the initial party with intent to rape?

>>86087740
I assume she already knows who he is, and is just toying along with him until he realizes who he is, at which point Amber goes to town.

It's like foreplay.
>>
>>86083597

Progressives who want to return to "eye for an eye"-style justice, huh.

More like Regressives.
>>
>>86088367
>Until amber goes to town.

I assume by this you mean: commits assault and battery in a public setting with 10s of witnesses who are paying attention to her every move.

Assuming the crowd, which wants her to beat up the "thug" stays on her side, she what, ties him up and calls the police? Joyce isn't going to show up and corroborate her story, she just committed assault and battery, and if she holds him against his will, kidnapping as well. In front of a bunch of witnesses. What then?

Now let us say that the crowd turns on her for attacking someone on their "team", because ultra-lefties, like ultra-righters see everything as team vs. team, then she has a crowd of people who want to protect the person she is attacking.

What then, Sal tries to save her and they escape, and she has to face her past?

Yes probably the second one. The crowd intervenes, Sal saves her, she has to deal with that shit. Story wise that works, but the point is, what does Amber think is going to happen? She will just be allowed to attack this person for no reason?
>>
>>86087636

If Willis actually brought that up, I might actually nod in grudging approval
>>
>>86080907

That' not a worm, it's a scar. Badly drawn, but still clearly a scar

Use a little common sense before you ask a retarded question.
>>
>>86088560

>Now let us say that the crowd turns on her for attacking someone on their "team", because ultra-lefties, like ultra-righters see everything as team vs. team, then she has a crowd of people who want to protect the person she is attacking.

>Amber: "But he tried to rape someone"
>Generic Evil Republicans: "Lol she probably deserved it lol Gamergate reference for some reason raaaaar"
>>
>>86088533

Remember, these are the people who scream for "Tolerance" the loudest, but wouldn't think twice about making someone who supports traditional marriage lose their job
>>
>>86085303
It's like those soccer moms who discover they have a bit of Native American lineage in their family tree and suddenly deck out everything in their house in wolves, leather and feathers.
>>
File: S6t3znB.jpg (1MB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
S6t3znB.jpg
1MB, 2000x2500px
>>
>I am completely baffled by her logic.
>If Joyce isn’t willing to testify then they have no case against him (in this one instance). And since you can’t expose him the only solution is to what, kill him?

like half the people in the DOA comments are revolting against Willis' bullshit
>>
>>86088560
I assume public shaming, and THEN public assault.
I'm still hoping for irreparable brain damage.

>>86088575
>Badly drawn

>that_s-the-joke-1384823.jpg

>>86088798
>leather and feathers
Pretty sure she's got more going on than pretending to be a Native American. If she's into wolves, I'll gladly strap on one of those Bad Dragon cocksocks.
>>
was there ever any evidence she was roofied?
>>
>>86088560
Someone should post this in the his comments, just to see if he continues down that road, or changes it because it's so obvious. That is exactly what will happen:

Amber confronts Wormy over the Rape, he denies, she assaults, crowd turns, Sal (and Marcie) intervene, Amber has to deal with being saved by her at enemy, Wormkin gets away Again.

That's like his next 3 months of strips isn't it?
>>
>>86083329
Ask if rape is a justifiable punishment for murder.
>>
>>86081594

In other words, Dr. Light?
>>
>>86083597

Actual reactionary here, unless they support anarcho-capitalism and private property creating a layered techno-feudalist cyberpunk society, they are NOT reactionaries.
>>
>>86080822
Oh my god this is going to turn into a Brock Turner revenge fantasy isn't it?
>>
>>86089116
legal evidence?
No

Him sloppily saying he did it to a roofied Joyce and then getting away while nobody reported the attempted rape because White People are terrible?

Sure
>>
>>86089055

Then it wasn't a very good joke
>>
>>86089608
Depends: Did the whole Brock Turner thing first get started three months ago?
>>
>>86088798

I know some people like that... white mongrel family with a drop of Cuban in Grandma's side so that gives them a Hispanic heritage which they'll spout at any opportunity. Pisses off my actually-Hispanic gf, it does.

Guess that's what happens when you live in a society that says white people have nothing to be proud of. You end up viewing your actual culture with boredom at best, outright disdain and shame in many cases, and cling to whatever "spice" there is in your genepool, regardless how removed it is.
>>
>>86090089
His intitial sentencing was about three months ago. He got a slap on the wrist with a six months for raping a lady, because of his Promising Future with the schools sports team, that shouldn't be ruined over, as his dad put it, a few minutes of action.

Since then, he's been released halfway into his sentence for 'good behavior'.
>>
>>86090294
>three months ago
That's all I needed.

Willis has a three-month buffer on his comics. It's reasonable to assume, then, that Ryan's introduction is set to be a commentary/revenge fantasy against Brock Turner, in the same way that Robin has become a blatant Trump analogue.
>>
>>86090294

That's actually totally understandable though- he's not a danger to society in need of containment, and our prisons are overcrowded as it is. Putting him in prison for a longer amount of time doesn't magically un-rape his victim.
>>
>>86090093
Sounds very Aaron Diaz. He does something similar: white dork with a bowtie and cyber waifu, trying to talk about traditional recipies from his abuela.
>>
>>86090392
>Actual honest to god rapist.
>Not a danger to society.
Okay anon.
>>
>>86090545

The court determined that Brock Turner had a very low chance to re-offend, and that letting him back into society would be a safe gamble.
>>
>>86090294
It was a quick fingerbang, not fucking Deliverance.
>>
File: Ainsley.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>86090392
>Go ahead, call the cops. They can't un-rape you
>>
File: 1442285251867.jpg (237KB, 570x806px) Image search: [Google]
1442285251867.jpg
237KB, 570x806px
>>86090545

So, at what point during a prison sentence would you consider him to no longer be a danger to society?
>>
>>86088826
This is quite amusing.
>>
>>86083329
So wait, do they want Amber to rape Ryan or what?

Actually, that'd be kind of hot.
>>
>>86090705
Prison sentences and correction in America aren't entirely based around the concept of stopping recidivism. It's less about rehabilitation than it is about retribution and retaliation.
>>
>>86090705
Good point. The real answer is just to air drop criminals into a third-world country without the diplomatic strength to complain about it.
Best case scenario the harsh environment and strong competition turns them straight and they unite to better their mutual circumstances. In their punishment and exclusion they are finally absolved and become worthy of society.
Worst case scenario you now have a totally imposing bad-lands to threaten your populace with.
>>
>>86090871
>It's less about rehabilitation than it is about retribution and retaliation.

That should change then. What use is a punishment if the prisoner is not rehabilitated and ready to contribute positively to society? Otherwise we're just wasting taxpayer dollars in order to hurt people we don't like for no other purpose.

The only useful purposes of prisons should be to protect the law-abiding public from dangerous people and to rehabilitate people so they can re-enter society.
>>
>>86090871

Actually, the American prison system was designed to promote rehabilitation back in the founding days. At some point in the early 20th century though, the purpose of prisons shifted due to a growing frustration with the prison system's inability to rehabilitate repeat offenders. Since corporeal punishment is still outlawed in the US (despite working incredibly well in Singapore) incarceration has quickly become the go-to form of punishment.
>>
File: mistakes into miracles.jpg (209KB, 900x1193px) Image search: [Google]
mistakes into miracles.jpg
209KB, 900x1193px
>>86080822
Requesting a drawfag do a mistakes into miracles cartoon of RyanXJoyce.
>>
File: 1444653985047.jpg (330KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1444653985047.jpg
330KB, 768x1024px
>>86090545
You know Brock wasn't convicted of rape, right? I feel like we're throwing that word around very liberally. He certainly sexually assaulted that poor girl but do we say Michael Jackson raped those kids or a guy putting his finger up another guy's butt "rape"?
>>
>>86091112
Sometimes people deserve to be punished. I may be petty for feeling this way, but I bet a smarter person than me could argue that society needs to feel that a criminals are punished or else people will lose faith in it. As a father, if my wife is raped or my child murdered by a criminal that society doesn't care about actively punishing, then... well... I can't say I would be fully satisfied with any outcome other than one I would inadvisedly seek on my own. And I would seek it, because those two people are literally my life.
>>
>>86091428

>mfw I used to own that book

Thank God I didn't turn out like Willis: a webcartoonist
>>
>>86085079

Rape can be funny, just generally not when it's the only punchline. And even then it can be funny, in a lazy, dead baby comedy kind of way.
>>
>>86085079

Deliverance parodies are funny.

The buttrape episode of The Boondocks was funny.

Comedy is often determining where the line is and then deliberately crossing it.
>>
>>86091669
I feel like he's been punished enough frankly. If I had the choice of serving 5 years or becoming the most hated man on Buzzfeed history, I'd sign up for five please.
>>
>>86085079
>Handbanana aint a boy anymore. He's a man. Because HE JUST RAPED ME.
>>
>>86085079
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMukKqx-Os
>>
>>86092369
>>86092280
>>86092019
Notice that none of these are about women being raped. It's only funny when it's a man.
>>
>>86092470
Ok not the same anon but what about this.

A hood rat raping a girl in the alley.

But the rat is an actual rat.

And he can some how hold a gun and force the woman to take her clothes off with his little rat squeaks.

That's how you make rape funny with a woman.
>>
>>86081980
You feel that way because this is what Amber would look like in real life.
>>
>>86090705
Maybe when he can no longer dodge most of his prison sentence because of his star athlete status.
>>
>>86093786
That's not an answer to the question, dumbass. The poster wasn't asking about privilege. Is 6 months ok? Is 5 years?
>>
>>86093369
Why does he look like a butch lesbian.
>>
>>86093815

He should be castrated then drawn and quartered
>>
>>86080822
Would he even get arrested or punished by the law? Joyce never made a statement with the police when it happened. To a normal person, it would be viewed as Amazi-Girl just beat up some guy with a worm on his face. There would be no justice, just Amber getting he violent rocks off.
>>
>>86090583
The fact that he stuck his fingers up someone without their consent kinda speaks volumes about his character.

The fact that he mostly got away with it because of his status doesn't fill me with confidence that he learned anything from it.
>>
>>86093920
He had to spend time in jail as well as the notoriety for being the worst man in the world right now. I suspect he learned a lesson, dumbass.
>>
>>86093815
The same as a non-star athlete would get under the same curcimstances.
>>
>>86093948
That is because the press released his name (which is a practice I am against for that very reason).

The time he spent in jail was decided by a court of law. And that sentence was very low in comparison with other people that have commited similar crimes. There lies the problem. It teaches people that when they are rich or famous they can avoid the worst of their legal punishment.
>>
>>86093920

But anon, he was drunk, and nothing anybody does while drunk is their responsibility.
>>
>>86094098
Okay buddy.
>>
File: 1461628570885.jpg (143KB, 543x522px) Image search: [Google]
1461628570885.jpg
143KB, 543x522px
>>86088575
>>86089896
hello willis
>>
>>86093824
Because he is a she and I have no idea on if they like the pole or the hole.
>>
>>86080822
The noses on these characters really freak me the fuck out. That whole "stare into the abyss and it stares back at you" thing.
>>
File: 6-27.png (246KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-27.png
246KB, 1111x333px
Got strips.
>>
File: 6-28.png (357KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-28.png
357KB, 1111x333px
>>86094674
other one.
>>
>>86094576
I know what you mean, and I think I know what it freaks me out

he sin't really thinking about how the shadow would fall, he's just upping the stroke width on paint tool sai and doing short strokes .... they look like blobs because of this instead of the harsh shadows like he wants
>>
>>86090294
>He got a slap on the wrist with a six months for raping a lady
Not what happened. She was a 22-year-old college graduate who went with her sister to a frat party, got blackout drunk, met with Turner (who was also blackout drunk though not QUITE as drunk) and went off with him to make out/fool around/fuck. They found a spot outside behind a dumpster, he started fingering her and she passed out. He either didn't realize it or was too drunk to care so he kept going with the fingering. Two Swedes found him dry humping her (again, no rape, there was no DNA at all to indicate rape occurred) and he, thinking he was being jumped by two guys, ran.

She woke up with no memory at all of the previous night so was unable to give any kind of actual statement but was told/felt as if she was raped and filed charges. Actual rape charges were dismissed, Turner was charged with sexual assault and sentenced to 3-6 months jail time because, again, no rape occurred and he was already going to have to register as a sex offender anyway and his life didn't deserve to get ruined anymore.

Given all of this, people ignored what actually happened, labelled him as a rapist able to use his privilege to escape justice and now has protesters armed with assault rifles camped outside of his home in Ohio threatening to shoot him.
>>
>>86088560
Yeah, no charges were set up, so she will appear to be attacking a random white guy at a public politics rally instead of the "thug" everyone wants her to attack instead.
>>
>>86090821
I'd fap to that.
>>
>>86087636
See, this is what pisses me off when people here and in the comments section go "Oh, she already paid her dues!"

No she didn't! She doesn't even really express any regret that she held a knife to somebody's throat.
>>86094674
>>86094684
:]
>>
>>86091480
Yeah, here is the issue. Who decides when people deserve to be punished?

The defendant? The Public? Both of those can lead to false accusations and with trials. The courts decide. And we use evidence as our way of deciding. Physical (DNA) and video evidence, preferably. And while that makes certain crimes, like Rape, harder to prosecute, ignoring "Innocent until proven Guilty" as well as reasonable doubt is much worse, and like >>86094083 both accuser and accused should have a right to privacy until the conclusion of any legal proceedings, and/or any publication which lists someone as being involved in a trail must BY LAW post the results of that trial and the RESULT/VERDICT should be what comes up in Google (which if you know how Google works, can be engineered).
>>
>>86084554
>>86086244
the rally isnt on the campus
neither was the party, for that matter. we dont know if he even goes to their school. nobody at the party actually knew him except as "that guy who comes to our parties sometimes".

>>86086446
joyces hallucinations arent actually him, thats kind of the whole point
>>
File: 1473220889360.png (60KB, 180x331px) Image search: [Google]
1473220889360.png
60KB, 180x331px
>>86081212
Willis should hire me :^)
>>
>>86098853
Holy shit I just realized what bothered me about that scar. The fact that it's dark on the outside which is the fucking reverse for real scars. Thank you anon.
>>
>>86099114
Yeah, I couldn't quite quantify what was wrong with it. It just didn't look like a scar.

You know, for a guy with a huge gash on his face, he seems like a genuine and happy person here.
>>
File: 1455993298441.jpg (446KB, 1048x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1455993298441.jpg
446KB, 1048x1019px
>>
>>86099699
they should just fuck already
>>
>>86091428
>do we say Michael Jackson raped those kids

Both accusations were proven to be fraudulent
>>
>>86099156
He doesn't remember much about what happened before that night, only that when he woke up in that ditch, hair matted with blood and a gash on his face, he felt like a dark presence within his soul had been lifted. He's not sure what kind of man he used to be, outside the simplified picture painted by his family and the familiar faces that call themselves friends, but deep down he feels glad he's no longer that person. Some might be frightened at being a stranger to one's own life, not him. What happened wasn't a tragedy, just a painful new beginning.
>>
>>86093920
>The fact that he stuck his fingers up someone without their consent

Hey, she never said "No"
>>
>>86094083
>It teaches people that when they are rich or famous they can avoid the worst of their legal punishment.

The Clintons can attest to that
>>
>>86094305

Im not WIllis, you dumbfuck. Willis would never admit the scar was badly drawn
>>
>>86098757
>the rally isnt on the campus
Where does it say where the rally is taking place? In one strip a character mentions it's taking place "in the auditorium." Presumably that's on campus.

>nobody at the party actually knew him except as "that guy who comes to our parties sometimes".

That's what makes this so absurd. He's shown up to those parties multiple times and no one bothered to learn his name? Is Joyce literally the first person he has ever spoken to, despite people recognizing him as "the guy who shows up to our parties?" Have you ever been to a party, anon?
>>
>>86100208
You know what? I accept that headcanon.
>>
>>86094684
Sarah is best girl
>>
>>86100959
i went back to check and yeah it is actually on campus
why the fuck is it on campus

>Have you ever been to a party, anon?
no but neither has willis
>>
>>86100960
We can go deeper.

Confused as to why he was accosted by a girl in a superhero outfit and disturbed by a woman, whose appearance seemed almost familiar, having a panic attack at the sight of him, he sets out to discover what happened that fateful night. His search is fruitless bar from short message about a party in a dorm building tucked amid math homework. Wandering the building he surreptitiously asks about the party, his excuses turning into tall tales about a wild night he can't remember. He feels a part of his soul wither into cold nothingness as he learns that a guy was viciously beaten after attempting to rape a girl named Joyce. Finding her room, all he can bring himself to do is scribble a note saying "I'm sorry" and leave it tucked amid the door decorations.
>>
>>86101225
College campuses frequently hold political events. They're usually speeches or debates, but campaign rallies aren't unheard of.
>>
>>86094837
Yeah. Throughout the whole debacle I thought, "Thank god my campus didn't have bicycling Swedes, or my Friday night hijinks would be blown up on the national stage for no goddamn reason."
>>
>>86101662
I just realized something.
Have we had any reason to expect this rally to be happening?

Because political events are generally scheduled and advertised well ahead of time.

Or are we to believe that Robin DeSanto and her crew are commandeering a university auditorium at midnight?
>>
>>86103472
It may be on short notice, but the fact they have real security on premises suggests it's as well-ordered as most rallies. It's on some advance notice.
>>
>>86103472
If it's anything like the political stuff that occurred during my time at college, no one really cares. Except for the protesters, but that's what you get when you have Bush Administration people trying to speak back when people cared about Bush Administration people.
>>
>>86103540
Fair point.
I still feel like we should have seen this coming.
>>
>>86080822

That shadow under his nose looks like a second mouth, wailing.
>>
>nobody can find the attempted rapist anywhere
>amber visits a nearby republican rally and finds him immediately

Bravo Willis
>>
>>86100317

Sounds like something Willis would say in an attempt to throw off suspicion.
>>
>>86103681
There was a patreon-only strip with Dorothy pitching going to this rally. Then lesbian stuff was mentioned so Daisy vetoed and went in her stead. Then she missed what was almost a girl fight because she was in the restroom in another patreon strip.
>>
>>86104244
do you mean to tell me there are patreon-only strips that have important plot points, like why the fuck this rally is a story arc in the first place?
This all started off with us suddenly switching perspective to that character nobody cares about as she's sitting outside unsure whether to enter the rally. Is that really all explained in a patreon-only strip?
>>
>>86104244
A Patreon-only strip was the only foreshadowing of the event?

That's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>86103980
someone mentioned it looks like one giant nostril now I cant unsee it.

20.YEARS.OF.COMIC.DRAWING
>>
>>86104086
Truly, Amazi-Girl is the world's greatest detective.
>>
>>86104407
A realistic depiction of adverts for something like this would needed to appear from the beginning of the strip with a noticeable increase starting somewhere around the Toedad saga.

>>86104460
You should see some of this arc's strips featuring Leslie, looks like she's got a snout in several panels.
>>
>>86104696
Like the other Anon said, it could still be announced as being short-notice. Just say something like "Mayor DeSanto's hosting a rally in two days" or something.

But don't plant the seeds for that event in a strip that relatively few people will see.

I almost wonder if Willis has a long-term game plan for his strips, or if he comes up with ideas on the fly. Like, did he plan to reveal Ryan again at this time, or is it a Brock Turner revenge fantasy as suggested earlier?
>>
>>86104617
She even has her own rogues gallery.

>Ryan the Roofying Rapist
>Sal, with the power to transform into a minority when she wants to excuse her behavior
>Dad
>>
>>86080822
So how awkward is this going to be when it turns out he's not the rapist, he's actually an Iraq War vet who took a piece of shrapnel to the face shielding a little Iraqi child from a suicide bomber?
>>
>>86104836
>I almost wonder if Willis has a long-term game plan for his strips, or if he comes up with ideas on the fly.

Somewhere in the middle. He's got a roughly three month buffer so he's got a fair bit of time to hash out plots. He probably just has a few super dramatic things planned out long term and the rest getting a few weeks at most.

I'd wager he mines real world stuff for his strips when things line up. Respectable-seeming white guy gets a lenient sentence for sexual assault? Now's as good a time as any to resolve the Ryan plot. Trump's running as a Republican so better make Robin a Trump analogue - even though Robin has always, and still does, fit Clinton far better. While I don't think Willis is at the Jeph Jacques level of pandering/virtue signalling, he's pretty obviously cribbing from reality.
>>
>>86105312
Yeah, when Robin showed up again as a blatant Trump analogue, that's when we figured that Willis was cribbing reality.

The Brock Turner/Ryan Return thing is more or less a stretch at this point, but it's too close to be a coincidence. I suppose we'll need to wait for one more to have a full trifecta.
>>
>>86105523
There have been several Brock Turner-esque incidents since the comic began and plenty before.
>>
>>86105938
Of course, hence why I said it's a stretch.
But given Willis' three month buffer and Sal's comments about Ryan avoiding prison, there's still a possibility.
>>
>>86081226
He's one of the strongest but keeps it in check. But unleashed at peak he can mess everyone up.
>>
>>86105101
STOLEN VALOR!
>>
>>86105101
I think you mean imperialist invader dropping bombs on innocent civilians who was injured while trying to kill a child.

>>86106097
Plot twist: Willis tried to roofie a girl at college and upon failing to do so made up a story about some blonde jock to deflect suspicion.
>>
>>86104393
>>86104407
See for yourself.
http://imgur.com/a/48WB1
>>
>>86105002
>The Whiteboard Ding-Dong Bandit
>Generic White People
>>
>>86104393
>>86104407
To be fair, there was a strip with Robin talking to Frieda, who is her youth campaign manager. You can kind of infer that they're doing an emergency rally to build support, but it's never as explicit as the daisy strip.
>>
>>86105002
Sal the Secret Minority.

Golly SM, how will we get out of this mess.

Easy my mutually oppressed companion. I'll just active my Power of the Oppression.

Internalizing the spirit of White Guilt. Sal makes those around her see her as a blac..well kinda dark...ish *ahem* A MINORITY.
>>
>>86106957
If that's the first mention of the rally, then that's a horrible way of setting up that it's happening.

>>86107014
That was when she landed in town, right?
Yeah, the inference was that she was in town for a rally, but it's still not a great set-up. You could just as easily assume that she was in town to talk at the college and present her new platform.
>>
>>86107034
The proper term is "high yellow," but it's racist if you use the term. She can use it all she wants.
>>
>>86094684
I like the montage fakeout
Good shit, got me chucklin'
>>
>>86103180
Whole event sounds like since she had "collaborative witnesses" she just passed the blame to him so she'd not be labeled as a drunken slut.
>>
>>86107564
About the only thing that could make it better is a later filler strip that is the actual montage.
>>
>>86108354
Hearing "clothing montage will give her PTSD flashbacks and it'll be the whole montage.
>>
>>86108434
Will there be occasional panic attacks were everyone else has on different clothing for a panel?
>>
>>86107641
Yeah I've thought that since I read her letter that everyone was falling all over. "I don't remember anything- my life will never be the same!" I'm not sure why drunks are treated differently based on what is between their legs.
>>
>>86108666
You know, that just gave me a really cool idea.

Like instead of changin every panel, it would be one of those animated comics and the clothes would be changing rapidly to enhance the crazyness.

But it's probably just a silly stupid idea...
>>
>>86108797
That might be more effort than you usually put into the comic, Dewd. But if you do don't forget to add a filter to make everything look spooky.
>>
File: tg - Clowns.png (89KB, 1238x416px) Image search: [Google]
tg - Clowns.png
89KB, 1238x416px
>>86085079
>>
>>86108893
Meh, I'm always ok with more effort if it makes it that much better to look at. plus it'll only have to be like, 2-4 frames.
>>
>>86108761

>I'm not sure why drunks are treated differently based on what is between their legs.

I certainly don't see a difference.

Tbh if it wasn't for the passersby it could have been the start of a very ordinary college romance.
>>
>>86108937

>He hits her in the face with a pie

Was it a creampie
>>
File: Double Standards2.jpg (443KB, 1328x1850px) Image search: [Google]
Double Standards2.jpg
443KB, 1328x1850px
>>86108761

Because men should know better.
>>
>>86109043
>The camera was also drunk
How meta.
>>
>33 minutes past the hour
>no new strip

Truly, this is the best timeline, for Willis has forgotten to post an update and thus he has died.
>>
>>86109095
If he dies, I'll have to take his place.

At least I'll be able to end it.
>>
>>86109215
Youre the hero we deserve, Dewd.
>>
File: Hold on.png (422KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Hold on.png
422KB, 1000x333px
>>86109215
The fuck you will.
>>86109095
>>86109238

My car died you greedy assholes jeez.
>>
>>86109043
Josie's got that Dr. Doofenshmirtz chin going on.
>>
>>86109250
>One month ago

I thought it was far longer than that.
>>
>>86109250
I'm just saying, I was hoping for the best.

As for the strip, it would appear that Willis has no idea how to make anybody in the comic seem subtle, so he's making Amazi-Girl go full snark while Ryan is one panel away from attempting to throttle her in clear view of the public.

Sadly, it would appear that being struck in the head with a baseball bat (twice) does not actually cause any internal damage in the DoA universe. A shame, really. I wonder if it's a side-effect of Willis-God's rule that there is no death.

Then again, if there's no death, then how did Becky's mother die?

>>86109314
Five or six years ago in real-time, one month ago in DoA Time.
>>
>>86109250
Yup, he's gonna go crazy mustache twirling super villain.

Bravo Willis, predictable as ever,
>>
>>86109330
Death is allowed for the sake of sad backstories that create sympathy for characters who otherwise wouldn't have any. Ruth's parents died too, you know.

>>86109250
Holy shit, I can see what you guys were talking about with the 'giant nostril' thing.

...it kind of looks like the dog-people from the Goofy cartoon, desu.
>>
>>86093369
>Pepsi Max.

WHY_BOTHER.JPG
>>
>>86109215
>>86109238
>>86109250
>If he dies, I'll have to take his place.
See, there's almost always to main types of shitty content, one that you love to hate, and one that's just shit and nothing more. The Dewd's content is just shit. /co/ would drop it in a weekend.
>>
>>86109250
Ohhh, she's going to defeat him with tweets. How didn't I see this coming?

Then he's going to attack her, so she'll be "completely justified" in defending herself. He'll probably get the upper hand even though there's not really a good reason for this dude being able to win over any other dude she beat on. Then Sal will do something, and they'll work together!

Yawn. The Sal Amazi-Girl fight would've been way more potentially interesting (and disappointing) but that seems like it's been sidelined forever.
>>
>>86109250
Is Ryan bipolar? Why doesn't he just feign ignorance? Amazi-Girl has nothing on him!

This is the most predictable route Willis could possibly have taken.
>>
>>86109432
Ah, right. Knowing Willis, though, I'm just surprised he didn't go full Goblins and make all the characters cry so that you feel sad for them because they are visibly sad.

In any case, I hate where this is going already because there's no conflict. It's almost like Willis is rushing through the story and doesn't feel like Ryan should be given any reason to try and escape. He could just say "I have no idea what you're talking about," or "I'm sorry, but I don't recall attending any parties recently," or even expressing guilt with "Can we talk about this somewhere else?" or something.

But no, it's going straight to violence. Meanwhile, Amber is outright invading Ryan's privacy and essentially making a call to arms against Ryan without any physical evidence concerning a crime committed a month ago (in DoA time). Analogously, she is Gawker and Ryan is Hulk Hogan.
>>
>>86109529
You know he might be bipolar. My crazy step-mom was bipolar. Nicest person for the first month or so, then she started to live with me and my dad and the very first night she drove her car into the side of the house and threatened to beat me with a hammer.

I pushed her out a window.

Granted it was five feet off the ground, but still.
>>
>>86109529
>>86109594

If you ask Willis, he's probably not bipolar, he's something even worse, a white male.
>>
>>86109250

>"A month ago? If I did it why wasn't I charged? Do you have any evidence of this? No you can't have my name, I will not be libeled. Goodnight."
>>
I'm heading to bed, but I have one last riff:

in b4 Ryan loudly proclaims his intent to injure, dominate, and rape Amazi-Girl. In public.
>>
>>86109617

The maniac.
>>
>>86109651
>Ryan loudly proclaims his intent to injure, dominate, and rape Amazi-Girl. In public.

I smell Rule 34.
>>
>>86109709

It'll be his worst-selling Slipshine yet.
>>
>>86109250
>Lex Luthor, your plan has failed. Right now I'm tweeting to all of my followers that it was you who pulled off the confectionery caper and made off with 40 stolen cakes.
>Curses! Foiled again!
>>
>>86109250
>>86109348
>Ryan sues both IU and Amber for publicly labeling him a rapist after being exonerated in a court of law as there is zero physical evidence tying him to the crime and only two witness - one of which wasn't present for the actual crime
>Joyce gets pulled out of college by her parents, isolating her from her friends groups
>Robin's political career gets tanked due to association with an alleged rapist

>>86109330
Becky's mother isn't dead. She lies in the bowels of the hospital, the tumors spread over her entire body, a fate that makes mockery of whatever punishment Hell might have to offer. Alone and forgotten in that dark room, having had nothing to eat or drink for years, she waits silently for the tumor to ravage enough of her brain that she might fall into blissful non-cognizance.
>>
>>86109852

>"I guess I should be glad you took so long, I've raped a dozen girls since then! Nice detective work, Tubby."
>>
>>86109973
There's so many things that can go wrong here that will just work themselves out right because Amber is a main character.
>>
>>86110065
I'd put money on the last two being plotlines. If anything happens to Ryan from a legal standpoint Joyce will have to testify and reveal what happened to her parents when her mother already wants her pulled from college. Robin's campaign being demolished by scandal means he doesn't have to spend the next five years writing the same subplot and allows him to develop the "Leslie wants to bone Robin" plot.

>>86109709
It starts off a brutal, no-holds barred fight and ends with dirty anal.
>>
>>86108797
Dude--er, DEWD--I love that. Do it.
>>
>>86109973
>Becky's mother isn't dead.
Funny, I don't remember Joyce being from Silent Hill.
>>
>>86109250
Oh boy, I can't wait for Amber and Sal to kick his ass when he attempts to choke her for spreading a rape accusation online with no evidence (granted he did try to rape).
>>86109651
>in b4 Ryan loudly proclaims his intent to injure, dominate, and rape Amazi-Girl
Gotta make sure the audience knows he's evil. It's not enough he tried to rape someone a month ago. He's gotta become so silly and angry so the reader knows he's pure satan and less of a challenge for Amazi-Girl. Then afterwards the Mute Security Guard can arrest him for assaulting a woman (adding to the charges).
>>
>>86109636
Fat lot of good that does Huge Nose since Amazi-Girl is organizing an online lynch mob right in front of him.
>>
>>86109973
You forgot one thing.

>Accuses Sarah of assault and wins in court. Sarah spends a month in jail and is expelled from school.
>>
>>86110258
Ok it will happen, in the future.

By the way now that I'm on the topic of time I have officially passed the one year point of DoA. I started the comic in november so yeah, I don't even have one year.

Also I took like a month long hiatus twice.

But now that I have this comic in full drive I should be able to catch up to willis soon in like 2-3 years.
>>
You know the only interesting thing I can think to come out of this is that if Joyce does have to testify against Ryan, then that means that her sister(shut up) Jocelyn will find out what happened to Joyce, which makes that whole comments about "Putting your feelings aside for Becky" hilarious in hindsight since she was telling her nearly raped sister to stop whining for the Lesbian.
>>
>>86110287
>He's gotta become so silly and angry so the reader knows he's pure satan
pretty sure they already know that
>>
>>86109432
>Holy shit, I can see what you guys were talking about with the 'giant nostril' thing.
>...it kind of looks like the dog-people from the Goofy cartoon, desu.
In this particular strip, it looks more like a straight-up black hole in their faces.
>>
>>86109250
>worm
Does Willis have autism?

Like I mean genuine, diagnosed autism?
>>
>>86109973
>one of which wasn't present for the actual crime
What's great is there IS physical evidence of him being assaulted: the fucking huge scar on his face.
>She came onto me while she was drunk and I refused. So she broke a glass and cut me. I didn't tell the police because I was terrified she'd continue to come after me.
If there's no evidence of rape despite two testimonies but there's evidence of aggravated assault with 2-3 witnesses( since a key factor in this part is his evidence of being gashed) wouldn't the girls get major assault charges, possibly worse?

Not that they deserve it at all, but christ, how do they not see this turning out horribly?
>>
>>86110361
>diagnosed
of course not, willis doesnt believe in diagnoses
for the rest of it though, yes, obviously
>>
>>86109510
>Then he's going to attack her, so she'll be "completely justified" in defending herself.
I feel like that's essentially guaranteed at this point. It's what he did with Mary and Carla, so why not here?

Amazi-Girl has it easy here. All she has to do is continue doing innocent stuff like using Twitter until Ryan attacks her, then it's not a random attack in a public place.

That's not justice. That's evil.
>>
>>86110401
No it's baiting-
OH!
Oh shit Amber is trolling him!
>>
>>86110065
>There's so many things that can go wrong here that will just work themselves out right because Amber is a main character
That's one of the things I hate about this webcomic. It would be one thing if the characters overcame obstacles due to their intelligence, life lessons, or skill, but they do so because Willis is god of the world and bends the story (and logic) backwards to benefit the characters he likes. It's lazy writing.
I'm not afraid anything will happen to these characters or if they can't overcome something through some tough trial because God Willis is sitting in the clouds above them making sure they pass through easily.
>>
>>86110347
>Jocelyn will find out what happened to Joyce, which makes that whole comments about "Putting your feelings aside for Becky" hilarious in hindsight since she was telling her nearly raped sister to stop whining for the Lesbian.
Willis won't acknowledge that. That would make it look like putting Becky before Joyce was a bad thing. And it is never wrong to care about Becky. You can never care too much about Becky.

At most he'll point the anger to the parents.
>>
>>86110315
>>86110365

Sarah would be shielded under self-defense laws, as she was acting under a reasonable suspicion that a crime was occurring. Joyce likewise. However, the entire thing would be a giant he said/she said from a legal standpoint, as Ryan would claim assault while Joyce and Sarah self-defense. While no one would be able to testify to the actual altercation, they would be able to testify to Joyce's demeanor and behavior prior, and what happened afterwards, which would undermine Ryan's claims. Realistically, if the case made it past the grand jury it's likely no one would be convicted of anything. Ryan would have better luck in a civil suit, but so would Joyce.
>>
http://pastebin.com/5MwZPhsE
>>
File: This is your hell.png (358KB, 360x846px) Image search: [Google]
This is your hell.png
358KB, 360x846px
>>86110452
It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so obvious about it.

Like example, back when the whole Mary/Carla debacle was in its early stages, before the whole "Boys dorm" comment, Carla wasn't featured on the main characters section of the site, she didn't even have a bio.

Then the day before he drops the strip(which would actually by the day he dropped it on Patreon), he adds Carla to the main characters.

Look at this picture, and tell me what you see?A cult of personality.

When's the last time Roz or Diglett did anything important?!
>>
>>86110507
You mean he'll point the blame to the mom.
>>
>>86110524

Does the act of posting these feel cathartic?

Sure feels cathartic to see it every threat, desu. Keep it up.
>>
>>86109250
>Ryan probably has some recollection of Amazi-Girl providing the distraction that allowed him to get away from that party.

>Ryan saw Amazi-Girl before and backed away, seemingly tipping off that he knows she's up to something. He probably even noticed her taking a photo of him earlier.

> The previous idea is reinforced by his reaction in panels 2 and 5 in >>86080822. There's no reason for him to react with those faces. He's not surprised that AG is there, he's worried about getting caught.

>Although he previously showed he was worried, he doesn't attempt to break off conversation when AG is a weirdo asking him personal questions. He weakly attempts to change the subject, but lets AG take a photo of his face. He acts surprised about the photo when she already took one, then acts surprised when she brings up the rape. Then he gets angry and makes a threatening pose.

>AG is super smug and not even looking at this man who could just coldcock her, stop her phone shenanigans and escape again.

This is so dumb that I'm like offended. The writing is so poor, that I'm upset about a rapist getting his comeuppance. Dang, Willis is fucking bad at this. Ryan doesn't have to be clever (although it would make outsmarting him more satisfying) but he could at least be consistent. Amazi-Girl could treat her greatest fuck up with some gravity, but oh no, gotta have a "funny" last panel.
>>
>>86110537
i thought the cast page was based on screentime and she was added because shed passes jacob in pages or something
>>
That does not look like a fucking scar
It looks like a ring worm. Holy shit.
>>
>>86110537
>When's the last time Roz or Diglett did anything important?
roz is involved in the current storyline, shes at the rally with her sister and leslie
as for "important", i dont know. is anything any of them do important?
>>
>>86110560
Thank you.
>>
>>86110537
The bottom six are all essentially minor characters. Dina's mostly wallpaper, Sarah barely does anything anymore, and when was the last time Dorothy was important?
>>
>>86110571
Then why isn't Mary there?
Or, even if we're going by only the "good" characters, why isn't Hank or Leslie on there?
This isn't so much a Cast list as it is a list of people that will never be wrong when it comes to contact with non-Cast characters.
>>
>>86110614
>when was the last time Dorothy was important?
like two pages ago when she confirmed to amazigirl that ryan is the rapist?
>>
>>86110640
>a list of people that will never be wrong when it comes to contact with non-Cast characters
so how come roz is on it then
and, i dont know, i dont know everyones page counts. i dont remember where i heard the screentime thing.
>>
>>86110566
>AG is super smug and not even looking at this man who could just coldcock her, stop her phone shenanigans and escape again.
Don't worry, anon. He's going to try to hit her while she isn't looking, but her fast reflexes will allow her to duck/dodge/counter attack by grabbing his arm and throwing him on the ground. Because she's Spider-Man/Batman/Daredevil/AWESOMEFUCKYOU.
>>
>>86109250

She's gonna upload it and it's gonna become a shit show and Joyce will be forced to suffer through it all again.
>>
>>86110537
I'm almost certain that Carla was on the cast page before the Mary/Carla fiasco. At least months beforehand, even.

I just assumed that Carla was on the cast page (despite her having zero relevance up until said fiasco) because Willis wanted to have a trans person on the cast page to improve his street cred. That's definitely why Jacob and Marcie are there.
>>
>>86110667
>So how come Roz is on it then
Good point, but I think Leslie is always going to be Willis' "Well yeah, but look at this" character.
>>
>>86110667
>>86110734

Isn't Roz still usually portrayed as being right even when she's being a cunt?
>>
>>86110773
not for a while
leslie even straight up called her a hypocrite and kicked her out of class last time she fought with joyce
>>
>>86110773
She was Willis' attempt at a sexually liberated character but fucked it up by having her constantly shit on people who didn't constantly adhere to her way of thinking.

He'll never admit this but she's just another version of Mary.
>>
>>86110566 (Me)
What I would prefer is if Ryan was being probably evasive and AG had to get his guard down. She could tell him he's looking for rally disrupters, and ask if he's seen any, while trying to see if he has identification (I imagine interns at a thing like this might have name tags, for example). Or if she could break him down enough to admit he's an intern, she could go to the administration with the uniquely identifying description and get the name.

Another option, Joyce referred to him as a pastor's son, even with the memory loss from the mickey. Dorothy's confirmation could've been weaker* and Amazi-Girl could try to get him to reveal that he's a pastor's son rather than possibly accuse an innocent person.

Anyway, what's important is that Ryan should be consistently worried about Amazi-Girl, and try to keep his identity secret. Amazi-Girl should be serious about trying to circumvent that.

*she only saw him with blood on his face anyway, and she was focused on Joyce, so I don't know why she gave such a solid confirmation in the first place.
>>
>>86110821
>(Me)
But that's not my post.
>>
>>86110773
>>86110793
>leslie even straight up called her a hypocrite and kicked her out of class last time she fought with joyce
Willis said on tumblr that Roz was right about calling Joyce out. He didn't even give a caveat of, "but she should've respected Leslie's wishes" or "but perhaps it wasn't the time and place."
>>
>>86110522
There are no witnesses to Ryan's crime and no evidence to support the charge that he drugged Joyce. Remember that Sarah didn't hit him over the head until after Joyce slashed his face meaning she probably didn't hear what was said and instead reacted to Joyce's attack.

There are, however, dozens(?) of witnesses who watched Sarah beat Ryan twice over the head with a baseball bat and then kick him as he lay unconscious and bleeding on the floor.
>>
>>86110838
Please God tell me you're lying. Because if not, that's just terrible.
>>
>>86110838
Really? That's...really stupid.

Hell, half of the people in the comments were all "Shouldn't Roz be listening to the actual lesbian?"
>>
>>86110838
He also revealed that Carla was trans on tumblr long before it was even confirmed. Hell, he posts preview panels all the goddamn time. He can't stop spoiling shit for people.
>>
>>86110794
I think Roz has always supposed to be antagonistic, it's kinda apparent when you compare her to Joe.

>>86110726
>>86110537
Reading back on Carla's appearances, the strip with her and Amber following the car stands out. She's friendly, helpful, and chatty towards Amber which is completely incongruous with her personality in other strips.
>>
>>86110838
pretty sure he was just saying the actual stuff she was saying was accurate, not that she was doing the right thing
>>
>>86109250
Unsubstantiated claim

Proceed to go the SJW route and ruin a person's name/life by proclamations of his supposed crimes to the public instead of letting the proper authority handle things.

So when's it going to come up that Joyce just reacted badly and said what she did out of shame. But it's going to be too fucking late.
>>
>>86110890
I honestly don't think Willis distinguishes between those two concepts, based on how he acts when he thinks he has the moral high road.
>>
>>86111093
>letting the proper authority handle things
shes literally a vigilante. why would she ever let the proper authorities handle anything
>>
>>86111115
So she going to pat herself on the back when he kills himself because she destroyed his life.
>>
>>86111192
Rape is worse than murder, so yes.
>>
>>86106957
Oof, that sixth one.
>please don't call me "ma'am," I'm a real person
Fuck off, Willis. Being polite doesn't dehumanize a person.
>>
>>86111323
It's pretty weird that Joyce would use "ma'am" when talking to a 19 year old to begin with.
>>
>>86110865
No, I've seen it. Can't find it just by searching "Roz" on Willis's Tumblr, so here are some other goodies:

Character appearance count as of about a year ago:
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/105669297392/characters-listed-by-number-of-appearances

A question about Roz/Robin/Leslie from about 3 years ago:
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/47731547776/do-you-think-youll-ever-revisit-the-doa

>Do you think you'll ever revisit the DOA storyline with Robin, Roz and Leslie?

>Probably eventually. It’s a long ways to election in DoA-land
>>
File: j0yseRT.png (186KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
j0yseRT.png
186KB, 1000x333px
>>86106957
Were I more skilled, I would probably edit this so Dina says something about the rapture, explaining why Ethan is being lifted into the air, but I lack the finesse to make the line clever.
>>
>>86111351
I think she assumed Asma was older, maybe?

She probably didn't realize that the people working the desk were around her age.

>>86111323
Yeah, I have no idea what he was trying to get at there. Does she mean that adults aren't real people? Because where I'm from, you call adults "ma'am." There is literally no good meaning that can come from her comment.
>>
>>86111403
>Does she mean that adults aren't real people?
Sometimes I get the feeling that Willis still thinks he's a teenager.

This man has children.
>>
>>86091197
What about incorporeal punishment?
>>
>>86100191
They weren't proven as anything. There was a lack of evidence and he settled.
>>
>>86111387
>I thought the gays liked having things inserted into their anus'.

>>86111403
It'd be pretty hard to miss someone being less than a year older than you. Or Joyce was raised to call everyone doing something service oriented "ma'am" and Asma sperged out.
>>
>>86111192
>>86111093
I'll never know why people think this is justified. This is the sort of retribution shit they do in 3rd world countries.
>>
>>86111820
In third world countries they'd have just killed him.
>>
>>86111849
Like he isn't going to be killed in some dark alleyway in a few weeks.

Vigilantes are a bloodthirsty bunch in general.
>>
>>86112163
I like that Amber saw the flaws in public confrontation and then immediately switched to a new person to fight.
>>
File: Paul Lynde Halloween Special.jpg (85KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Lynde Halloween Special.jpg
85KB, 1000x333px
>>86111387
>>
File: saigon 00.jpg (85KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
saigon 00.jpg
85KB, 1000x333px
>>
File: Dina Psycho.png (192KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dina Psycho.png
192KB, 1000x333px
>>86111387
>>
>>86105002
>>Dad

Toe Dad?
>>
>>86111474

Yes, they were proven, The first accuser literally admitted that his dad forced him to lie about the charges. There are documented accounts of the father outright admitting he was gonna shake down Jackson for money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJFn7EpqvU

The mother of the second accuser has been documented as being behind many fraud attempts. And he was cleared of all charges wrongdoing in that matter in a court of law.

And settling out of court is not an admission of guilt.
>>
>>86112799

Just call him Ross, Toedad sounds fucking retarded
>>
File: 1472531716037.jpg (115KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472531716037.jpg
115KB, 1280x800px
>>86109432
>>
>>86109250

Mayor lesbians campaign ruined. Teacher lesbian gets none.
>>
File: Tyger edit.jpg (170KB, 1000x334px) Image search: [Google]
Tyger edit.jpg
170KB, 1000x334px
>>86112819
>Toedad sounds fucking retarded

As befitting a man who looks like a toe and is secretly made of straw.
>>
>>86112799
Nah, Amber's father. Textbook domestic abuser with a little extra Willis(TM) straw to make him easier to perceive as obviously evil. Got into a fight with Ruth at one point, a long-ass time ago.
>>
>>86110537
I want to stick my square into that triangle.
>>
>>86084980
Even if we leave that conceit, it's sort of just a lazy joke. There's a lot of research about sexuality as a defensive mechanism in prison rather than just 'har har you got broken', one would think that implying the person themselves will choose to kowtow and suck dick would be a much more severe insult.

But hey, I'm not super big on jokes about hurting animals, either.
>>
>>86088678
A lot of those instances are provoked by staff at the companies themselves, though. Like on principal I sort of get what you mean, but if your choice of CEO is going to lead to active interruptions in workflow, public image, institutional knowledge, and overall revenue, then you fucking can that guy, no questions asked.

I'm always kind of bothered whenever libs or conservatives use these sort of pressure tactics against private companies, because it's the absolute most surface-level sort of change you could provoke. Singular management officials are fungible. Whole systems of management and production are not. The people at the center of these moral firestorms, whatever the political slant, would usually have been punished for their actions regardless, and these extended hoorahs and job-well-dones over a single person at a single company are just the pinnacle of patting oneself on the back for something they had no involvement in.
>>
>>86112266
And failing to learn her lesson about public confrontation, considering she walked up to a guy took his picture, then told him she's going to make rape allegations about him over social media.
>>
>>86113940
I'm impressed how Willis can make me feel bad for anyone. I mean, I was witness to this guy roofying Joyce, but now all I can feel that this current situation is bullshit and Amazi-girl is harassing this drug rapist with no real proof.
>>
File: I'm already a demon Joyce.png (60KB, 180x331px) Image search: [Google]
I'm already a demon Joyce.png
60KB, 180x331px
Punished Ryan, a rapist denied his victim.
>>
>>86114956
STANDING
>>
>>86088678
i don't really have a problem with someone who supports men purchasing underage girls for marriage losing their job.

or were you referring to homophobes who want to deny same-sex couple the right to marry and all the benefits that come with it? i assume you mean brandon eich, or whoever. mozzila was totally justified in wanting to distance themselves from him. he became a pr nightmare.
>>
>>86109250
So has anybody brought up to Willis that the way he wrote it he is insulting all of the scarred people. The way she says it its as if its some kind of slur.
>>
>>86115235
NUUUCLEAAARRR
>>
>>86115450

I thought he was speaking more broadly. Can't recall specifics but I remember some examples of SJWs at least attempting to find someone's info, and using it to get to them some way IRL.

>want to deny same-sex couple the right to marry

Is it a right? I thought it was more of a religious/social construct that was endorsed with certain provisions by the government. I also thought gays had their own rough equivalent with similar benefits but I don't really look into this sort of thing.
>>
>>86114956
> Victim
Rapists just deliver baby seed to where God Wills It.
>>
>>86094674

Please make your speech bubbles slightly larger or use a new font, your text is hard to read
>>
File: 1472195167631.gif (992KB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1472195167631.gif
992KB, 240x135px
>>86116379
>mfw I know someone who actually believes this
>>
>>86115450

>Skilled programmer who practically invented javascript
>Generally avoids the public eye and giving statements
>Made an ANONYMOUS donation to the Prop 8 campaign
>List was hacked, revealing him as a donor
>He suddenly faces a ton of public scrutiny because a hacker violated his privacy

How is any of that fair to him? We rightly recognize the fappening and what happened to Leslie Jones as not their faults, but why victim-blame when it comes to Brendan Eich?
>>
>>86117031
Because MUH GAYS.

The simple fact is, shit like that is an attempt to shame people out of the political process for wrongthink. It happens every time the pendulum swings too far in either direction and one group de facto seizes most political power in the country.
>>
>>86115450
The tax break exists to incentivize the creation of children. Yes, I'm aware of the red herring about infertile couples. Are you aware that it was one of the very few acceptable reasons for divorce prior to no-fault?

EVERYTHING else attached to marriage is possible through other legal documents, though is thusly more of a hassle.

With one exception, Hospitals Visitation "rights," which is a private company's policy that they are merely skirting around with that demand.

Of course, the real problem is that government got involved in marriage in the first place. If the marriage was done solely as a church thing, and the civil benefits came from a certificate called a "civil union" from the start, then there never would have been an issue.

But, one does not have to -fear- the gays to be against gay marriage. However, the fight for marriage was lost with the institution of no-fault divorce and the sexual revolution. Gay marriage is simply dancing on the grave of the institution.
>>
>>86090392
Poetic justice, the sentence

jail until rape.
He will get a sexy jumpsuit and make up.
>>
>>86109250

Excuse me while I gon on social media to accuse you of attempted rape and destroy your life.

That's cool right?
>>
>>86106957
A lot of these strips are cancer.
>>
>>86113713

He doesn't look like a toe. Not at all
>>
>>86118967
I can sort of see it. His chin is the beginning of the nail.
>>
>>86118967
It's a dumb forced meme.
>>
>>86117728
>The tax break exists to incentivize the creation of children.
Makes adoption easier too.
>>
>>86110709
That is a good point. Her posting photos of Ryan claiming "this man is a rapist on camps" is going to make people wounder who he did/try to rape. Amber's plan is really fucking short sighted, dumb, and making a bad situation for Joyce even worse if she didn't want the incident to be known.
>>
>>86119311
It would be pretty great if Joyce wasn't into the solution, but I just know she'll be way into it.

There's also a possibility that this is a ruse convincing Ryan to fight her so she can destroy him. Then she'll use his wallet to figure out his identity.
>>
>>86115450

If you are truly for tolerance, that means you accept that not everyone is going to agree with you.

Homos give not a shit for true tolerance.
>>
>>86119454
Wow, that's really deep, famiglia.
>>
>>86119414
If it is a plan to try to get him to fight is still fucking retarded. Why does she need a reason? Why not just fight him straight up? Why doesn't she just ask Joyce or Sarah what his name is?

Also if it turns out that Amazi-girl has her own facebook page/twitter account to "spread this around social media" I might just drop the comic cause that is too much even to enjoy ironically
>>
>>86119736
She thinks it's okay if she goads people into fighting her, because she's a psychopath. The first time I got really annoyed with AG, she stopped a couple of nerds spray painting a sign. Then she tried to goad them into fighting her, and you know she would just wreck them, considering she had recently fought bigger dudes. Luckily they didn't take the bait and she took another tack. It really grossed me out.

Then she tried to do the same thing with Sal twice and now she's doing it to Ryan. It's her M.O.
>>
>>86119883
I haven't read as much as everyone else, but are these acts of goading people seen as "good" or "badass" in universe or is it seen as a genuine problem?
>>
>>86116029
COOOCK!
>>
>>86119977
They're not really seen at all. Amber's public interventions are almost exclusively a reaction to a witnessed crime.

>>86119736
Considering Amazi-Girl's role in Amber's psyche I'd be amazed if she didn't have her own social media presence. It'd allow Amber to live vicariously through her own actions. It's like how Empowered works as an Empowered cosplayer except instead of finding it degrading and insulting, it allows Amber to double down on her mental issues.
>>
>>86119977

I haven't paid as much attention to her arc as opposed to some of the more egregious ones more relevant to SJW inanity, but I do think her vigilantism is portrayed as the result of a nigh-fractured psyche.

One problem I have with it is that I never really believed her dad's abuse was ever enough to cause such an excessive mental state. I mean, it's sort of implied, but Willy would obviously be far too afraid to indicate she's been REALLY abused, like physically or sexually or whatever, so I can't really buy that she'd develop what amounts to a split personality over it.

Though I guess it's not entirely a split personality... I dunno.
>>
>>86120821
In the beginning it was an extreme, but not really outlandish, response to years of victimization. Amazi-Girl was the idealized Self. However, Amber's very serious mental issues began projected both her violent tendencies, sexuality, and self-esteem onto the Amazi-Girl persona and morphed it into an idealized Other. I'd say the breaking point was her confrontation with her dad, Amber ran away and hid and changed into Amazi-Girl to confront him. Amber essentially denied herself closure and catharsis by experiencing it through a filter.
>>
File: toe people.png (412KB, 1000x334px) Image search: [Google]
toe people.png
412KB, 1000x334px
>>86118967

what about now?
>>
File: Punished Ryan.png (64KB, 180x331px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Ryan.png
64KB, 180x331px
>>86114956
>>
>>86121456
Ironically that's Dina's perfect world. No one making confusing facial expressions but Becky's still able to tongue punch her clit.
>>
>>86119074
Yep. We should call him "Ross" or "Becky's dad" or even "butthole dad" since that's what Becky referred to him as.
>>
File: c65.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
c65.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
>>86109250
>Joyce decided to not report it and wants the whole incident to go away.
>Amber decides to organize an online lynch mod without any physical evidence and multiple witnesses of her and Sarah beating up Ryan.

Barring the fact that this shit wouldn't fly in real life, in universe I doubt Joyce will be happy about what Amber is about to do.
>>
>>86122027
Also with her parents being the way they are would probably pull her out of school.
>>
>>86122027
>>86122133
So what you're saying is we're going to get an arc where Amazi-Girl tries to beat up Carol and Hank?
>>
>>86113940
Seriously, I fucking hate anyone that supports Amber after this.

What if she's wrong?

But I read the story

No, picture this in real life.

What if she is wrong?

Burn the fucking witch.

I hate these people
>>
>>86122237
Unlikely, Hank is written as a misguided but well meaning parent, and is based off the author's father.
Then again this is Willis we're talking about so anything is possible.
>>
>>86122749
>Carol pepper sprays the shit out of Amazi-Girl's exposed face
>>
>>86122427
She's also opened herself up to to possibility of being subpoenaed and sued by doing so.
>>
>>86122749
I wouldn't put it past Willis to set Amazi-Girl upon Carol (given that most of his neuroses center on his mother). At the same time, I think even the most diehard DoA fans would call that going too far, and Willis isn't stupid enough to piss in his own food trough
>>
>>86080822
Can someone post panels where the character was drugged?

...Please?
>>
>>86122133
Joye's Mom will probably say Ryan is innocent cause he is the preacher's son leading to another fight with the Dad
>>
>>86109250
I want Amber to be sued for libel and arrested for Vigilantism.
>>
>>86123268
Here's where it starts: he brings her the drink:
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/tinkle/

Please make sure to turn on your ad-blockers!

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/devil/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/badfriends/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/smash/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/bat/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/oldtestament/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/allergies/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/assistance/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/caped/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/hospital/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/police/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/ron/
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/wrong/
>>
>>86123189

>Willis isn't stupid enough to piss in his own food trough

I dunno, he might.

>Does something his deranged childish mind thinks is reasonable and good
>Somehow it pisses off his fanbase who are themselves deranged, but in lesser levels and different ways
>He becomes indignant since disagreeing with him = bigotry/intolerance/gamergate/etc.
>Further pisses them off
>Further pisses him off
>All sides begin to mentally degenerate from so much triggering

I've seen what happens when a concentrated mass of autism and mental issues avalanches. It's... beautiful.
>>
>>86123466
Yeesh.

Strictly from a fetish perspective, that was awful.
>>
>>86119414
Post-Toedad Joyce would be all about dropping the wrath of God on Ryan, in the form of tweets and sweet memes.
>>
>>86119454
Is this a "You should tolerate my intolerance" thing?
>>
>>86119883
How very D&D Paladin.

>You can't cut down unarmed and defenseless foes.
>I drop a sword at their feet and Command them to pick it up. Problem solved.
>>
File: Scarface.png (159KB, 261x631px) Image search: [Google]
Scarface.png
159KB, 261x631px
So Ryan's scar isn't even the same shape, nor is it in the same spot.
>>
>>86123004
>Carol beats the shit out of Amazi-Girl in a fair fight
Dick would become diamonds... forever.
>>
>>86123466
I can't be the only one who thinks it's idiotic to both not call the police, and simultaneously be concerned Ryan got off scot free.
>>
File: 2011-11-16-assault.png (362KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-16-assault.png
362KB, 1000x333px
>>86125582

It's actually Sal who encourages her not to do so. In fact, re-reading just now, there's alot of points we bring up ourselves.
>>
File: 2011-11-17-law.png (339KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-17-law.png
339KB, 1000x333px
>>86126330

Here's where Willy's "rape culture" stuff starts really bleeding in, but at the same time the following strip sort of implies Sarah thinks Sal's advise is bad too, so dunno.
>>
File: 2011-11-18-decision.png (359KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-18-decision.png
359KB, 1000x333px
>>86126392
>>
>>86124217
So do you people just nitpick every little aspect of this comic because you got some kinda hate-boner for Willis?
>>
>>86126662
Nitpicking the little things is what we do in between nitpicking the big things.

One gets tired of explaining all the ways that the infamous car chase was unrealistic, or how Carla's revenge scheme depended on Batman-esque predictions on how Mary would react, so sometimes you have to take a break and talk shit about how Willis can't draw a scar to save his life
>>
>>86123730
Where did you see this?
>>
>>86120821

Perhaps part of her psychosis stems from a genuine physical defect in her brain
>>
>>86126855

Minecraft faction servers

Especially /pol/'s
>>
File: 6-29.png (285KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-29.png
285KB, 1111x333px
This strip will be titled
"*ACTUAL FUCKING QUOTE"
I may have gotten a little mad when I saw that in the comic.
>>
File: 2016-09-04-balances[1].png (399KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-04-balances[1].png
399KB, 1000x333px
>>86080822
>Now who are you?

>Leland
>>
>>86126330
>>86126392
>>86126409
Going back to this it's so obvious that we were meant to take Sarah as the person who was correct here. Doing something and having it fail is not the same as doing nothing.
>>
>>86127236
Bless Sarah
>>
>>86127236

Yeah, though I'm wondering if Willy has the same stance now. Those comics were posted 2011, that was even before ZimZam blim blammed.

I imagine Willy's now entirely of the opinion that "cop" is entirely replaceable with "assassin of negros".
>>
>>86127112
In the original comic the line makes more sense because it's in direct response to something Joyce said (I don't remember if Angel said it). Also, it's properly punctuated, which helps.

Dorothy is worried about going to the party, and I think she's trying to find out why Joyce is so confident that things will be okay. She doesn't ask to shit on her, she wants to know more about her. Joyce doesn't take it as an insult, because why would you? Lots of Christians and religious people have very different ideas of what that means in terms of day to day life. I don't think it's that offensive to ask.

I do like that Angel has had some darkness in her past, unlike Joyce at this point, so her faith is framed by those tests.
>>
>>86127236
But Sal is pointing out how following Sarah's advice made it much more difficult for the police to gather evidence about the Roofy guy, especially the drug in Joyce's system.
>>
>>86127875
Sarah did kinda fuck up by listening to the drugged lady's wishes. It's like when you're dealing with a drunk and they're actively fucking themselves over, sometimes you have to take the keys or whatever. They should've went to the police that night, and tried their best to not let it get back to Joyce's parents.
>>
>>86128230
Would the cops or the hospital have been required to call Joyce's parents? She was over 18 and in no immediate medical danger.
>>
So why does everybody shit on Sarah, anyways?

That's awfully racist AND sexist of Willis-God to not present a black female in a positive role.
>>
File: dorothy.png (61KB, 244x329px) Image search: [Google]
dorothy.png
61KB, 244x329px
>>86127822
Oh, well then it's really poorly done.

In fact, I just read the strips where they are walking to the party Dorothy doesn't even show any expressions of being worried at all, just slightly annoyed at Joyce like she usually does.

I mean look at Dorothy here, she looks a little bit pissed at joyce.

I dunno maybe it's because I'm a bit of a christfag, but if someone asked me if I REALLY believed jesus had my back, I would take at least a little bit of offence to that.

But yeah, Angel at this point has been through more than joyce and probably a little stronger, but I feel that makes her an even more sympathetic and maybe even a little bit inspiring.
>>
>>86128439

I don't mind Sarah much at all, which for a Willy character is saying something, and I think the Sarah-Dina was a bit engaging as well.

Though I'm still a dirty racist bigot because I think Sal's whole arc is bullshit, of course.
>>
>>86128439
In-universe it's because she's a grumpy misanthrope who is negative as hell about everything.

As a character? I don't know. She's surprisingly well-rounded and three-dimensional, being a decent person but not a particularly nice person.

>>86128325
Possibly. Was alcohol involved?
>>
>>86128906

I doubt it. You know, it being Joyce and all.
>>
>>86129015
That is a good point: Why was Roofie Guy slipping a roofie to a girl who isn't even drinking alcohol? She's going to notice immediately when she starts feeling weird.
>>
>>86128873
Sarah/Dina was very enjoyable and I wish a better writer could do something with them.
>>
>>86110361
>Does Willis have autism?
This is the guy who got chased off fucking Toy discussion forums, breeding grounds of autism, for being too much of an autist asshole.
>>
I've been told this is a good hate read thing, so I'm going to start tomorrow. From what I've seen posted on 4chan so far, pretty sure I already know how this journey's gonna end for me.
>>
>>86129126
And since Ryan was the only one feeding her cups of Sierra Mist not only will she know for certain that she was drugged and not drunk, she'll also know who did it.

Can Willis write a villain who isn't insanely stupid?
>>
>>86130275
It's hard to write a character smarter than yourself.
>>
>>86130275
Didn't Ryan blurt out something like "I can't believe how long it is taking to rape you!" before Joyce glassed him?
>>
File: 2011-10-13-smash.png (313KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2011-10-13-smash.png
313KB, 1000x333px
>>86130501
Yup.
>>
>>86130680
God, Ryan's face has always been a poorly drawn mess with a huge mess of a nose.
>>
>>86130739
Almost looks like he's got a little mustache.
>>
>>86130084
Fair warning, it's not really a hate read kind of thing. It's more of a sad disappointment. Willis has a knack for character building and setting up interesting scenarios but squanders them.
>>
>>86131014
It's a little of both, honestly.

You get your sad disappointment over how he squanders interesting scenarios and wastes characters with potential

You get hate over the shit writing and some of the most headache inducingly obnoxious characters in fiction.
>>
>>86109043
This makes me so angry. This makes me SO angry. I would actually rip this off the wall if I saw it in real life, and I am absolutely not the sort of person who would do that ever. I am just that angry.
>>
>>86130275

I think I recall Ryan was a character in Willy's original universe as well.

I think his only real action was meeting Ruth (a paragon of self-control and self-righteousness at this point), seducing her, sleeping with her, than running off to do the same with someone else. It was one of the reasons she became a cynical drunk in that story.

Just to provide some context for him.
>>
>>86131522
That's okay, Jake looks pretty fed up with the bullshit too.

>>86131163
>the most headache inducingly obnoxious characters in fiction.

Just say Sal, Carla, and Ruth. We've got a rapist with a personality straight out of an African bush war documentary and he's somehow less obnoxious than those three.

>>86131668
That's an actually interesting character and plot that could easily support a year's worth of strips about Joyce having a disillusioning relationship.
>>
>>86131798
>Just say Sal, Carla, and Ruth.
Like those three are the only ones. You didn't even mention Becky and Roz.
>>
>>86126662
I only was looking at it because I was the one who collected the strips where Joyce was under the influence. I hit the button to see the most recent comic, then I noticed that the scar didn't look the same as the wound in the strip I just looked at.

Figured I'd share the pics for reference. Honestly looks like the inverse of the actual wound.

Also this:
>>86126755
>Nitpicking the little things is what we do in between nitpicking the big things.
>One gets tired of explaining all the ways that the infamous car chase was unrealistic, or how Carla's revenge scheme depended on Batman-esque predictions on how Mary would react, so sometimes you have to take a break and talk shit about how Willis can't draw a scar to save his life
>>
>>86130680
You know what's hilarious
Glass isn't fragile
It would take a significant amount of force for it to break. He would get hurt, sure, but it wouldn't break just like that.
>>
>>86131798

Joyce's arc in It's Walky was pretty similar to Dumbing of Age's but I think it was much better.

Like, the one point where Dina dies, and Walky is devastated and ask Joyce what she thinks (or something along those lines); Joyce reluctantly says that if she goes by what she was taught, Dina being an atheist means she's going to hell, which drives Walky away. Then she summons the most godlike being in the setting just to ask him if God exists, and he just says "How should I know".

I thought it was pretty well done, anyway. That and Dina's character as a whole. Genuinely felt sorry for her.
>>
>>86131835
Becky is just annoying and Roz is an antagonist who is treated as wrong in-universe. Sal and Carla are self-righteous, self-absolving assholes blind to their own privilege while Ruth is a goddamn monster of a human being. If I'm bringing in Becky and Roz I might as well add Mary, Dorothy, and Walky.
>>
>>86126662
Yes. Welcome to /doag/, the constant general no-one understands why the mods still tolerate. I come here and I hate it, I hate Dumbing of Age, I hate Willis, I hate everyone who comments on his website and everyone who posts in these threads including myself.
>>
>>86130680
The tragedy in all this is, if he had just played along, he would probably fuck her anyway since she was looking for a man.
>>
>>86081980
Does she have powers or something? She looks like a schlubby Tumblr chick. How are we meant to believe she can fight?
>>
>>86131990
Willis-physics have always been messed up.
>right hand
>backhand (or straight-up pushing the glass into him, the action lines aren't clear, but it ends up on his right cheek)
>from the other side of the door
>with christian schoolgirl's strength
>glassing the cheek of someone a head taller than you
Also just noticed, but fuck Willis for putting it juuuuust off-panel. That's just a lazy way to avoid drawing the hard things, like the glass or his face.
The car-chase arc was even worse for W-physics.
>>
>>86131937
There is a strip where she has a panic attack flash to Ryan and Willis put the wound on the wrong side.
>>
>>86132064
Becky is a parasite that has totally consumed the comic. The fact we've gone this long a stretch without her butting in is nothing short of a miracle.

Willis has flat out said Roz is supposed to be right.
>>
>>86132000
As someone who was religious until a while back (like, before Becky got the infamous haircut), I've always found DoA's treatment of Joyce's spirituality lacking.

For all the focus Joyce gets on being a Christian, you rarely see her pray or read the Bible or get into spiritual discussions. The only exceptions are when Willis needs to make a joke at her expense (e.g. any time Joyce brings up creationism). Compare to It's Walky, where you really see her try to cope with how her spirituality works in the world she lives in.

Even as an agnostic, I do admire people and characters who can hold onto their faith, and It's Walky's Joyce hit that mark for me. So it's sad to see that Willis is ignoring that so he can shit on his past self.
>>
>>86132797

>it's sad to see that Willis is ignoring that so he can shit on his past self

Nah, he's not shitting on himself. His insert is a fundamentally good person who pities the plight of the poor people her religion has oppressed, whose beliefs are purely the product of a bitchy fundie mother and no real fault of her own, and who gets over said beliefs in the span of a few weeks. You think the Willy we know was so tolerant of those who didn't share his beliefs? I'm skeptical.
>>
>>86131990
Surprisingly enough, he addresses that very issue on his Tumblr (which was linked with the strip in question):
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/11386176918/this-was-the-original-version-of-the-final-panel

>This was the original version of the final panel of tonight’s strip. I changed it and a few panels in the following strip when my wife said that it strained credibility that she’d be able to break it on his face. I agreed. And so I cleaned up the blood a little and got rid of the glass shards.
>But I might be wrong! I don’t know. Lots of people on Twitter said I was wrong. They also said that she could easily break the glass on his face, just that she’d also bust up her own hand. And then there were the folks who didn’t care, because this was justice, no matter how unlikely the manner of violence.
>If enough people convince me to change it back, I’ll change it back.

>And now that I’ve decided to change it back, here’s the less violent version, for posterity. (I’ll show the next day’s edits as well after tomorrow’s strip publishes.)
>Part of the reason I decided to change it back is because of something TheAlucinaut noted. Without that glass there, it’s not especially obvious that she even punched him with the glass. I staged the panel so you can’t see the actual point of violence, choosing to leave that to the imagination. (Also, so I wouldn’t have to draw it.) But without the physical evidence there, it’s a little harder to read, and it breaks the storytelling a little.
>Plus, well, everyone really wanted to see that glass break on that motherfucker’s face.
>>
>>86132797
>>86132948
I think it's more that Willis skips over showing Joyce's spiritualism because for an audience not used to a high level of religious devotion a few references are all that are needed to sell the concept. Plus, he probably also figures the chunk of readers who migrated to DoA already take Joyce being religious for granted.
>>
>>86132293
>Does she have powers or something?
Nope.

>How are we meant to believe she can fight?
I dunno. Maybe he should've rejiggered her into a muscle girl who wears baggy stuff to look unfit, instead of an unfit girl who somehow pulls off feats that are unbelievable.
>>
>>86133095
>Willis skips over showing Joyce's spiritualism because he's a lazy fuck
>>
>>86133095
I don't think he needs to "sell the concept." We honestly haven't seen her be as religious as Mary, when they're supposed to be the other side of the coin.

She barely says anything about the basis for her entire life. Her morals come from her faith, but she doesn't do anything to remind us of the fact.

He wants this comic to stand alone, apart from his other comics. But the more things go on, the more he's using the other comics as a crutch.

If he wants Joyce to be a highly religious person, he needs to do a better job of telegraphing that to us.
>>
File: 6-30.png (280KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-30.png
280KB, 1111x333px
And here's the second strip for tonight, little late, but it's here.

Since Sarah (this comic's Sarah) is a combination of Billie and Amber, I can do a lot of interesting things with her.

Now I have to go and refill my buffer with a shit ton of comics.
>>
>>86134127
Congrats, dewd. I think that's the biggest smile I've gotten out of your comics.
>>
>>86134127
"Blatant" and "atheism" are misspelled in panel 2. "Disappear" is misspelled in panel 3.
>>
>>86134224
Aw, that's sweet, thanks anon!
>>86134343
And thank you for telling me this.
>>
>>86134428
You should do an intentionally over-the-top, Frank Miller-esque version of the Whiteboard Dingdong Bandit storyline.
>>
>>86118967
>>86119074
>>86121868

NO; HE IS TOEDAD, NOW AND FOREVER. THIS IS our thing. TOEDAD HE IS, SO MOTE IT BE.

BESIDES, I HAVE "TOEDAD" ADDED TO MY SPELLCHECK.
>>
>>86134644
>THIS IS our thing.
They call him that in Willis' comment section too.

We could stand to come up with something else.
>>
>>86134547
Holy shit that would be perfect for that chapter.

I love fucking around with artstyles and always wanted to try that one, so I will.

You know, for the strips that relate to the ding dong bandit.

Also I'm gonna come up with a better name than Ding Dong Bandit, because that name is just so retarded.
>>
>>86134644
Willis actually has Dina say that he looks like a toe.

Calling it our thing is like saying that 'normies' is our thing
>>
>>86126392
I just like that she's giving this speech in her underwear.
>>
>>86134711
>Perfidious Penis Printer
>One-Eyed Willy Warlord
>Captain Cock Artist
>The Mighty Schlong
>Power Prick
>Mysterious Mushroom Head
>Giggle-Stick Graffiter

You think you should maybe have them as an actual supervillain alter-ego of one of the cast members?
>>
>>86134711
Everything about that plot is stupid and awful. Parody it with all your heart and creativity.
>>
>>86135061
I'm gonna go with Captain Cock artist, but instead of Captain, I'm gonna have it be The Creative Cock Artist.

I think I'm gonna have it be Angel do it for fun and to cheer up Super Duper Girl (Sarah's hero name) because Sarah keeps on moping about how she has no villains to fight.

and instead of doing that whole stupid flash back to the rape scene at the party, I'll just push that aside and joke about it by having one of the characters go "Man, these dicks are REALLY detailed... You think it's a cry for help?"

I mean, it'll be useless because by then Angel will have moved on from all that, for the most part.
>>
>>86134711
I am legit excited to see you rip that story to shreds.
>>
>>86135306
So is Super Duper Girl going to continue to be fixated after the arc in a parody of Amber's obsession with Sal?
>>
>>86135433
Yeah, me too.
>>86135482
I'm actually still peicing together how Sal (Who is SD in this comic) is going to go down. Maybe up the stakes a little bit, like maybe he killed someone important in Sarah's life at that store.
>>
20 minutes to go. Place bets. How over the top villainous is Ryan going to act?
>>
>>86135985

I'm taking the long shot and guessing we'll get a scene transition.
>>
>>86136033
I'll do you one better. Scene transition to Becky.

It's been way too long since she's shown up, and nobody's asked where she is!
>>
>>86135828
You could have it that SD doesn't actually do anything and instead is a bystander who claims credit so people will think he's cool and badass.
>>
>>86136131
What, like, some other robber kills Sarahs companion and he takes all the credit?

I was thinking that he kills her but he did it out of freaking out and feels really bad about it.
>>
>>86135985
He's looking to throttle Amber. She obviously feels herself to be in a superior position.

I can see the following happening:
- Ryan grabs at Amber and yells at her in a threatening manner. She responds with some kind of martial arts maneuver, resulting in Ryan's incapacitation. From this, the following could happen:
- - A crowd gathers around Amber in congratulations for capturing a known attempted rapist.
- - A crowd forms and hurls insults at Amber for incapacitating a white dindu.

- Ryan straight up tries to attack Amber, resulting in a similar situation to above.

- One of the two situations happens above, but this time Sal intercepts the attack and deals the incapacitory blow to Ryan.

- We switch to something entirely different.
>>
>>86136231
Make it completely unrelated to the robbery. Like she choked to death on a gas station hotdog at the same time he was robbing it.

Or go fully audacious and have everyone think he's so cool for murdering someone.
>>
>>86136426
Oh! I just got an idea for both.

Sarah comes in and sees her dead, friend I guess and starts accusing him of murder, and he tries to deny it, then everyone starts talking about how cool he is, then he just accepts it and goes with the flow.
>>
>>86091428
>Monster Hunter.
>>
>>86136542
Make her death something really lame to offset the joke, like a box of food falls on her head, or she slips on a spilt drink.
>>
It's gonna' be a rumble mother fuckers!
>>
>>86136633
what the fuck is this
>>
>>86136633
She'll defeat all three of them just like in my Japanese animes.
>>
>>86136633
Nobody says bro anymore Willis, it's "bruh"

Get with the times grandpa.
>>
>>86136687
I don't know, I'd like to believe Willis hasn't forgotten that he had Amber loose because of numbers when she tried to fight Sal.
>>86136700
I say dude a lot myself.
>>
>>86136633
I eagerly anticipate the cloakroom gangrape this will devolve into.
>>
>>86136633

You know Amber could probably at the very least explain what's going on with Ryan to the other guys (who are just defending one of their own, perfectly justifiable behavior) or just run away and let the social media post explain the rest

But I guess we have to get this lame fight scene with witty captions for some reason
>>
>>86136633
>Whoa, Dude! Bro! This chick givin' you problems, man?

Literally, remove the first bro and replace man with bro and this would actually make sense. Even faggots who say nothing but bro (I'm looking at you, shitty puerto ricans) don't talk like this.
>>
>>86136684
Apparently rapists have friends. Who knew?

>>86136728
>I don't know, I'd like to believe Willis hasn't forgotten that he had Amber loose because of numbers when she tried to fight Sal.
She'll probably get back up from Sal, which will further infuriate her.
>>
>>86136633
Wait, so Ryan was one of the original Bros?
Can somebody pull up the strip where they were first introduced? I wanna see if he's in there.
>>
>>86136687
>>86136728
Sal and Marcie are right there.
>>
>>86136700
Yeah, and you are supposed to say with with as little enunciation as possible. So sloppily that text cannot properly convey it. It's practically a grunt.
>>
>>86136633

>he's literally a supervillain with identical minions who do his bidding
>he blurts out "that girl sent you" as a painfully forced and unnatural public confession
>no one has noticed the prominent scar on his face until now
>facial scars mean you're evil
>the crowd is now going to turn on Ryan and cheer on Amazi-Girl for absolutely no fucking reason

Fuck this.
>>
>>86126392
>colleges don't have a great track record with punishing sexual assault
Maybe because that's not the fucking job of the college
>>
>>86136748
>You know Amber could probably at the very least explain what's going on with Ryan to the other guys (who are just defending one of their own, perfectly justifiable behavior) or just run away and let the social media post explain the rest
Or they might just brush her claims off. Or even be culpable in his other accounts of rape.
Probably just easier to have thrilling battle right now.
>>
>>86136800

Don't doubt the hivemind, nigger
>>
>>86134127
Your art sucks and you aren't funny. You are unironically worse than Willis.
>>
>>86136800
It's not, but colleges do tend to sweep sexual assault under the rug, even try to outright hide that it occurred, as to not sully their name. This usually occurs with state colleges, and not community colleges. I'm not trying to defend Willis at all but it does happen, against men AND women.
>>
wow, i can't even make fun of this. it's just so terrible and i hate amber so much.
>>
>>86136748

>captions

dammit I meant quips I think I should got to bed

>>86136816

It would take literally one panel and would let Willis keep Amber on the moral high ground. But instead now she's going to demean and beat up two guys who have done literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>86136633
I have no words.

This is so awful I actually can't think of anything to say about it.
>>
File: 2016-06-09-frieda.png (410KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09-frieda.png
410KB, 1000x333px
>>86136787
Nevermind, I pulled it up.
And he's not there.
>>
>>86136787
He's not. They haven't been seen together before. Just search the "Ryan" tag whenever you're not sure where he's been.
>>
>>86136938
>beat up two guys who have done literally nothing wrong.

Please, we know they're going to complicit in or at least knowledgeable about Ryan's activities. Assuming they're not rapists themselves.
>>
>>86136633
A woman that is a head shorter than three average build college aged males is picking a fight.

That guy has an evil scar on his face and two similar looking "henchmen".

Glad we are keeping this somewhat grounded.
>>
>>86137143
I'm trying to thing of punny mook names that work with "rape" but can't think of anything.
>>
>>86137096

Basic rule of writing: if it's not established in-universe then it hasn't officially happened. Yes I know you're being sarcastic, I just wanted to put that out there.
>>
>>86136633
>You're right. I can't prove anything. However, my bloodlust will be sated by fighting you.
That's pretty much what Amber is saying.

Also, I just noticed the completely pointless bystander interjection in Panel Four. What is the purpose of somebody pointing out Ryan's scar? Is it Willis' way of saying "No, it's not a worm, it totally IS a scar!"?

Also, I noticed here how Ryan refers to Joyce as "that bitch that cut my face". This is actually a very minor but prevalent example of the kind of world building that's been missing from DoA. It implies that Ryan's had a life outside of being an attempted rapist. However, the problem here is Ryan's supposed friendship with the other interns. We're not given any real substance to their relationship, save only that they are co-workers. The fact that the interns all look alike (See >>86137025) doesn't help; all it does is imply that Ryan is the leader of a clone army.

Or something like that. In the end, this particular strip is a whole lotta nothing.
>>
File: IbwtdxA[1].gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IbwtdxA[1].gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>86136633
This just keeps getting fucking worse and worse. What an embarassment. Like... what the fuck?

At least I called the whole "goad people into a fight" although I couldn't possibly predicted henchmen showing up.
>>
>>86137096
Technically speaking he struck first. At this point it's self defense.
As a side note, if someone came up and punched my bro, I'd have his back. But if my bro started pulling some shit trying to start something with a third party I'd probably try and cool the situation off. Hold him back and such. Food for thought.
>>
>>86137203
>all it does is imply that Ryan is the leader of a clone army.

I gotta make some more superhero/supervillain alter-egos for DoA characters.

It's kinda weird to have Ryan act like he has friends when he was alone at the party. Unless there are some of the bro clones in the background we've missed.

Also you'll notice the people standing behind Amazi-Girl in panel 3 are different than the people standing behind her in panel 4.
>>
>>86136911
Depends on the college. And it depends on how the initial report happens.

When it pertained to me, I was directed to the police and the campus's Counseling and Testing Center. We had a counselor specifically for sexual assault survivors.
>>
>>86137444
>It's kinda weird to have Ryan act like he has friends when he was alone at the party.
>Going to rape girls with your frat bros
Dude don't be gay.
>>
>>86136911
Depends entirely on the college. I went to University of Illinois and they emailed the whole school every time ANY crime happened. Most of the time it was just about someone getting robbed, but every now and then you'd get one about someone getting sexually assaulted.
>>
>>86137329
Yeah, who's first instinct is to back a friend when they are fighting a costumed vigilante girl? I would be too busy laughing my ass off.
>>
>>86136633

why do I keep reading this

what good is it doing me

am i a masochist

cause next strip is Ryan and his henchman fighting her

they get an advantage to take out said hero

biker girl interferes

sudden team up to stop said evil scarred bad guy and his henchman

someone should probably cap this cause that's probably going to happen

cause this will lead to biker girl and hero girl resolving their problems and becoming friends

I really hope I'm wrong
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>86132071
Let's take a look inside 4chan's servers.
>>
>>86138430
You're wrong. What you posted would be an example of logically progressed drama with tension and a resolution. Sal, and probably Marcie, will intervene next strip and the "fight" will peter out into nothing. Any resolution to Sal and Amber's conflict will be unsatisfactory assuming any resolution is attempted at all.
>>
>>86138430
If you don't read DoA to hate it, then you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>86138533

your right that's too fucking logical for this series
>>
>>86136633
Willis had a big ol' stroke job about Donglegate, didn't he? Just snap a picture and the problem goooooes away!
>>
>>86136633

The absolute worst part about this is I almost find myself routing for the rapist. It's like the opposite of guilt by association: Willy wants me to hate him, he wants me to love Physics Raper, and purely for the sake of not wanting to ever fall in line with his thinking, I end up supporting Wormface.

If Willy said "the sky is blue" and "sugar is sweet", I'd be seriously hard-pressed to agree.
>>
>>86126392
> "Lahk"
Holy shit, no one else in Walky's family speaks like that. Why the fuck does Sal?
>>
>>86138645
That's something I wanted to ask about: Does Amazi-Girl have a Facebook/Twitter presence or something that I'm not aware of?

You'd think the police would be monitoring such outlets to try and stop Amazi-Girl before she strikes. Also, I'd love to see her Tweetstorm when she gets angsty and homicidal over Sal. That would be hilarious.
>>
>>86138645
I wonder if Willis had something like this planned out when he had Joyce and Co. piss away all lawful ways of dealing with Ryan?

>>86138707
The problem is that there is no due process or evidence or anything like justice here.
>>
>>86138727

To stay true to her character in the original universe.

They lampshade it at one point for comedic effect:

>Joyce: Hey Sal, shouldn't you have lost your accent by now?
>Sal: There's actually a good reason for that, you see...
>*Walky appears and fucks around for a panel in the foreground*
>Joyce: Huh, I guess I never thought of that!

At least then it was played for comedy. He should learn when and how to tone it down for drama.
>>
>>86138727
she went to a private boarding school in Texas when she and Walky were like, 8.

Apparently this means Sal adopted a retard dialect instead of Texan
>>
>>86138751
Maybe Amazi-Girl is using Amber's Twitter account or whatever and is too fucked up to notice?
>>
>>86136633

How does the last line makes any sense?
>>
>>86138810
But if she's been out of the private school for a while doesn't that mean she should've fucking stopped by now?
>>
>>86136859
This. I don’t understand why Dewd keeps getting asspats here other than people’s desire to circlejerk over anyone that goes against Willis. Just because Willis’ comics suck doesn’t mean Dewd’s comics suck less. They’re even worse.
>>
>>86081082
>>86080822
>>86081237
>>86081315
>>86081347

You know what I hate about this? It's not even about justice. It's about using someone else's bad behavior to be a jerk, and still feel justified

>be me
>long story short, grope a girl at a party, she was telling people to do it
>I took it too far, apparently
>people threatened to beat me up, kill me, etc.
>one girl tried to knee my junk, but I'm tall to the point I didn't feel it

And you know what? These people never let it go. It ruined one relationship almost a year later for me, and rumors started spreading that I was some deviant because they got it in their heads that I'm the bad guy. These are people who regularly cheat on their boy/girlfriends, have hissy fits over nothing and have no problems using people.

People like Willis are a big reason society doesn't work; they talk a big game about doing 'good' and being nice, but when they have an excuse, they're at the front of the lynch mob.
>>
>>86136633
>>86137025
So, let's say it got out that the DeSanto campaign has a (suspected) rapist interning. Will there be any ramifications there?
>>
>>86138707
The problem is that not only is this completely out of nowhere with zero transition from the prior plot, he wants to cheer on a character he's repeatedly shown to be sadistic and mentally ill.

Narratively it's problematic as the Ryan plot isn't about Amber. It's about Joyce; Amber was a bit of setup for how the original story finished. There is nothing for the reader as there is no emotional investment in Amber within the story. Amber beats up Ryan and then what? Feels better about fucking up when he roofied Joyce? Meanwhile Joyce is the character who actually played a role in the original story and who was affected by it, but we as readers don't get the payoff of her coming to terms with Ryan. It'd be like if A New Hope ended with Luke Skywalker hanging around Yavin Base while Wedge Antilles blows up the Death Star.

tl;dr: There is nothing appealing about a mentally ill woman gleefully using social media to gain revenge on an attempted rapist who got away because of her ineptitude before seguing into a clumsily forced fight scene to absolve the logical problems of her doing so. And the readers have no emotional investment in the resolution of this plot due to the absence of the characters actually affected by it.
>>
>>86138858
She's a first year freshman, she's been out of high school for only a few months.
>>
>>86139150

>There is nothing appealing about a mentally ill woman gleefully using social media to gain revenge on an attempted rapist who got away because of her ineptitude before seguing into a clumsily forced fight scene to absolve the logical problems of her doing so

There is to the insane nutcases he calls a fanbase. Catharsis for all the terrible rapists who got away with it or something.

Though I think the original near-rape scene was a bit (funnily enough to describe such) optimistic about the circumstance. A more realistic scenario:

>Good Christian girl attends college party
>Gets absolutely hammered because God will forgive her
>Meets up with another absolutely hammered man
>Wakes up the next morning next to him
>"B-but I'm a good virtuous Christian girl, I would never do this... *gasp* it must be RAPE!"
>Cue national drama and the staining of a young man's reputation for life

I've been reading about "rape culture" and shit and I'm salty right now
>>
>>86139285
>Cue national drama and the staining of a young man's reputation for life

Statistically speaking that's incredibly rare. You're far more likely, as a guy, to be raped than to be the victim of a false rape accusation.
>>
>>86128325
I mean, if she's on their insurance they're going to see an unexplained ER bill.
>>
>>86139150
Yeah, I find myself wondering how this charade will end up helping Joyce. Putting him in jail for assault against a costumed vigilante doesn't seem like it would stick. Like, I'm sure the defense of, "she was a costumed violent vigilante" is enough to warrant defending yourself even if you attacked first in reality. Even if it does work, it's not like she's gonna testify. Ryan could just make up that Amber threatened him.

Would him going to jail for another crime make Joyce feel better? At the very least he'd be off the streets.
>>
>>86137191
Rape Rangers.
>>
>>86139617
Then Joyce doesn't use her insurance and has to go work at Galasso's restaurant to pay the bill.

Would Joyce have to pay if she went to the cops instead?
>>
>>86139499

Maybe. Even so.

I certainly know most rapists wouldn't act like he did. Hell, I'd wager most of them would be simply immature, self-deluded horndogs who would try to excuse such behavior in their own minds, not bundles of evil who snap in rage, declare their intent and leave all subtlety (and possibility of success) behind.

Hell, there's honestly no good reason Joyce WASN'T raped. Even a rapist (especially a rapist) would have the sense to just be a little patient for the drugs to kick in. But he has to have a contrived "Ooo, I can't contain my evil no more, allow me to reveal my intent and shoot myself in the foot to further the plot!" scene, else Willy would have to write his way out of an actual rape.
>>
>>86139655
Now that I think more about it, I bet Amber's recording this all on her phone and she'll just submit that as evidence, instead of showing up.
>>
File: whompwhomp.png (19KB, 112x127px) Image search: [Google]
whompwhomp.png
19KB, 112x127px
>>86132064
>tfw your favorites are Dorothy and Sal
>>
>>86139748
i dont get where the dorothy hate on here even came from honestly. shes one of the only characters whos not constantly a huge asshole
>>
>>86139682
>Willy would have to write his way out of an actual rape.

>Joyce gets woozy and dizzy
>Ryan says she's just had too much to drink and tries to lead her away from the party
>Joyce reveals that she hasn't been drinking alcohol
>Ryan gets more forceful, knowing the drugs will soon kick in enough for Joyce to pass out
>Joyce glasses him
>Ryan hits her back
>Sarah brings the home run derby

Done.
>>
>>86139778
She's fairly condescending.
>>
>>86138847
They'll satisfy her by allowing her to beat them up. She is implying they are sexually inadequate.

>>86136753
I think the joke is that she wants to hear his name, and they're addressing him over and over again without actually using it.
>>
>>86139748

Besides her breaking up with a nice, adjusted, faithful guy to go out with an immature, aimless, irresponsible manboy not Willis just his insert rubs me the wrong way.

But also the fact that most of her character revolves around "Yeah I'm gonna end up going to an Ivy League and excelling so I can become president" or whatever it is. It just sets off this automatic response of "Oh-kay, whatever you say, kid" in my head. Dunno why, exactly.

Obviously it's because she's a woman though the fact that she's probably written this way *specifically* because Willy wants to subvert some perceived societal unbalance doesn't help
>>
>>86139912
>nice, adjusted, faithful guy
he followed her to college and then told her she might grow out of having ambition
none of those adjectives describe him
>>
>>86139778
>>86139821
She's condescending, but she's got a better bitchiness:"Good Person" ratio than Sarah, who's fairly well-liked.
A lot of it comes from her dumping Danny then hooking up with Walky a week later in storytime (which means 2 years IRL), which I kind of brush off as the usual issues with the terrible time progression in DoA.
>>
>>86139912
I know that the literal order of plot events is Dorothy dumps Danny -> Dorothy starts dating Walky. She didn't have a plan to shack up with Walky when she left Danny. Their relationship was on the outs, mostly because Danny has no self-esteem so they broke up. Then Walky was just in the right place at the right time.

For example, after the roofie incident, Dorothy goes to Walky's room to watch cartoons cause she sold all her stuff to go to college.

Honestly their relationship is one of the few things I really liked from this strip. Although it's gotten kinda dumb as stuff goes on. Especially when Willis ditches really good strips showing the couple supporting each other for more strips of Mary being super villainous.
>>
>>86139973
Sarah got justification for her bitchiness through the plot about her ex-roommate. Dorothy also is a case of having a personality that is both common and off-putting in real life so I don't doubt there is some transference.
>>
File: godammitwillis.png (49KB, 196x206px) Image search: [Google]
godammitwillis.png
49KB, 196x206px
>>86139912
See, the second part of that is exactly why I like Dorothy (or at least the concept of her). A driven, ambitious person having to choose between their long-held dreams and recently found friends/love/etc. would be a great source of conflict and character development no matter what she chose.
Except it's Freshman year forever so she'll never have to choose.
>>
>>86140013
If she had to sell herself to afford state college how exactly does she expect to get into the Ivy League? Financial aid should cover at least half her tuition as well.
>>
>>86139949

Did he? I guess he's been less than a background character these days, that's how I remember him.

Regardless, breaking up with a guy to focus on something only to hook up with an exceptionally MORE immature and unambitious person is just one thing I don't care for about her.

>>86140013

Right, I know she didn't break up with him BECAUSE she wanted to go out with Walky, it's just that it really did happen as "I'm breaking up with you. Okay now here's a new boytoy"
>>
>>86140081
We're looking at almost 20 years until spring break, more if he doesn't skip winter break.
>>
>>86140081

Right, the concept of her character is alright, there's just something about how she turned out that puts me way off.

For some reason her appearance contributes to it, too.
>>
>>86139682
As shocking as it may sound, he actually addressed that on his Tumblr.

http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/11412863308/i-get-that-i-wasnt-suggesting-you-not-end-this

>One of Ryan’s greatest flaws, besides the obvious, is impatience. That’s part of why he’s trying to shortstep the journey to premarital hanky panky to begin with.
>“Quieter” doesn’t really sound to me like the logical culmination of “super frustrated with the constant thwarting of his evil designs.” The faces he’s been making behind Joyce’s back suggest a bubbling cauldron of escalating rage.
>And while he’s definitely speaking loudly and angrily, he’s not yelling at the top of his lungs. When I depict that, I usually opt for outlined white text on a white balloon. The white text on a black balloon suggests tone, not volume. He’s not going to be the center of attention because of his line. He’s at a loud party.
>And finally, I don’t think the scene works unless Ryan reveals exactly what he is, no moderation. Joyce has to understand instantly. It can’t be something that could be mistaken for sarcasm. Joyce has been giving him the benefit of the doubt all night. Ryan’s true self has to get her attention right here, right now. Minimizing his anger doesn’t create that catalyst for her snap back into reality.
>People do dumb things when they’re horny. Like that guy who rubbed cocaine on his dick and ended up losing his legs, his dick, and nine of his fingers. Now, was that worth it? The guy probably thought it was at the time!

Basically, he's lazy. He didn't want the stuff to be subtle. He wanted Joyce to slash him in the face because she's ~magically~ snapped back to reality.
>>
>>86139851
Oh my gosh. Did he REALLY introduce them that way months ago, out of nowhere, specifically so they could prevent her from learning his name?

That explains the stupid shoe-horned comics that had Robin for like 2 strips out of nowhere.
>>
>>86140311
>oh there goes gravity
>>
>>86140347
>That explains the stupid shoe-horned comics that had Robin for like 2 strips out of nowhere.
it really doesnt. they could just be completely new characters and this scene wouldnt change at all
>>
>>86139150
> the Ryan plot isn't about Amber. It's about Joyce

Holy shit, it's Toedad all over again, isn't it? Willis just keeps throwing Amazi-Girl at all of Joyce's major villains
>>
>>86140115
Ivy League's actually a bit more understanding than most colleges when it comes to how much you can pay. If she is actually poor enough, she'll get in for free.

Of course, she might end up like me and have to take out 6K a year in student loans
>>
File: breakup.png (518KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
breakup.png
518KB, 900x599px
>>86140136
Dorothy's internal logic for the breakup seemed to be not "Danny is unambitious" but "To keep going along with this means I am stringing Danny along/enabling his codependency/making it even harder for him when I do leave so I should do it as soon as possible." That's why she reassures herself so much that Walky is just a "for-fun" relationship and made that and her ambitions super clear to him when they hooked up so he would have no expectations to be hurt by.
Like she should have flat out told Danny earlier in the summer since he's apparently a dense motherfucker, but most of her actions seem like a believable immaturity for her age.
>>
>>86140461

Well that makes some more sense and I guess I can drop that particular complaint.

But I still feel like there are things about her that I'll never warm up to.
>>
File: 2012-06-28-awol[1].png (285KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-06-28-awol[1].png
285KB, 1000x333px
>>86140534
She'll warm you up to her soon enough, anon.
>>
>>86140461
Pretty sure this is the only time Danny's major is mentioned. We've never seen any inclination of his toward computers, either.

Also, I think I like this earlier art style better than what he's doing now. It's a little less refined--especially the third panel in that second strip, with how awkward it looks--but I like that their heads aren't so big. It makes me feel like I can take these strips a little more seriously. Not a lot, but still.

Also, this is a pretty early example of Willis shoehorning in crappy quips at the end of what could be serious strips.
>>
>>86140311
Willis had a swing and miss there. Rape doesn't follow the rules of arousal. However, given how he explains Ryan's emotional state, Ryan would fit for either a sadistic rapist or a power-dominance rapist. Also the dude who lost his cock, legs, and fingers injected cocaine into his dick and experienced a non-stop erection for three days before going to a hospital.

>>86140381
Toedad wasn't about Joyce, it was about Becky. It's why Joyce's big moment of swearing fell flat. While Joyce was more invested in the story, her response was incongruous with her role in the story. Though I do want to see Amazi-Girl versus Roz.
>>
>>86140081
>Except it's Freshman year forever so she'll never have to choose.

More than that, it's Willis.
>>
>>86140573
he met amber in his computer science class
>>
>>86140461
Stripped of context it's possible to take from this comic that Danny is the one with a concrete goal and Dorothy has unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>86140573
>crappy quips
I can take it in the first strip cause Danny's really goofy, but he shouldn't be so dumb as to not realize when he's been dumped.
I agree on the art, I feel like it shows more emotion and looks less generic than the present art, even though he was still dropping eyebrows back then.
>>
>>86140700
That's fair. The strips had a punchline that undercut the importance of what was happening, but you're right that it's worse on the second one.

I also kinda wonder if Danny still doesn't understand why Dorothy left him.

I ended up with a bunch of big friendship drama when someone I knew went to college, and her boyfriend followed her. She broke up with him after a month or two, then she shacked up with someone else within weeks. They'd been together 3 years, and she had always refused his sexual advances.

Then he shacked up with a rebound girl and eventually broke up with her and failed out of college.

Anyone else know a guy like that?

>>86140688
I can see that.

>>86140621
You know, I forgot about any classes other than math and gender studies. I wish we could see them talking about what they're learning.
>>
We actually hit 500+ posts again! See you guys next thread, whenever it gets created.
Thread posts: 554
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.