[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watched Apocalypse finally, and holy moley was it fanservicey:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

Watched Apocalypse finally, and holy moley was it fanservicey:
>That perfect jubes w/ costume and all
>danger room and sentinels at the end
>Storm with the alternate hairstyle becoming white at the end

Only thing missing was a busty redhead Rogue.

What else would you want to see in another X-Men cartoon or movie /co/? No matter how obscure.
>>
>>86034414
A villain that had NOTHING to do with Magneto in a movie that had NOTHING to do with Magneto.
>>
>>86034414
>that perfect jubes
like all two scenes of her?
>>
>>86034458
What do you have against him? Just overdone or what?

At least the actor playing him is good at the mo
>>
>>86034471
Dis she not look the part, pithy anon?
>>
>>86034471
I was understandably upset at how little they used her, and would've wanted more, but I don't think she really fit. I hear she's featured in the deleted scenes though so I'm about to watch that.

My ideal movie would've involved her more somehow. Most times she's portrayed as weak as shit so irrelevant and a side character, her being turned into a vamp was cool to change that. Weren't her primary powers supposed to be overpowered in a couple runs? How did that turn out I never read it.
>>
>>86034471
>Jubes
>doing anything
Do you READ X-men, anon?
>>
>>86034480
Just overdone. I mean there hasn't been a movie where he hasn't turned out to be at the very least part of the problem by the end of the movie. And he's been in EVERY ONE. Mystique two but at least in the first two she was just henchman tier incredibly proficient henchman tier but a henchman none the less. And in the third one she was in less than half of it. But every X-Men movie Magneto winds up being the dick by the end of it. I get it he's a bad guy. And at the end of first class is just the fucking worst.
>>
File: 1471331352024.png (29KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1471331352024.png
29KB, 493x402px
I liked it a lot. The fina fight was full comic book.

I'm really getting tired of critics just throwing the blockbusters of he season in a jar and assigning a randomized score, because this was much better than CW and TFA.
>>
>>86034671
>better than CW and TFA
What an achievement.
>>
Actually Apocalypse brought a lot of what I wanted to see.

Mohawk Storm
Apocalypse
Apocalypse being hammy and growing tall
The Four Horsemen
Psylocke
Archangel
Jubilee in the coat
Phoenix in the form of a firebird
Bald Charles Xavier
For the brief time he got upon returning, Havok
Moira again (I liked Rose Byrne)
X-men fight Sentinels in The Danger Room (This made much more sense than when X3 did it)

But as much I liked it, Mystique and Magneto held it back and there should have been more scenes with the new kids+Apocalypse.

What would I want for the next movie?
Let the new kids shine for one.
Gambit
Mr. Sinister
The Marauders
Great costumes, don't be afraid to go back to First Class or the Deadpool movie
Rogue with powers (just say she permanantly drained the powers of a strong mutant instead of namedropping Ms. Marvel)

We're due for another good X-Men cartoon.
>>
>>86034480
He's been in every single movie other than Origins at this point. At this point it's pretty damn ridiculous how he manages to steal the show no matter what.
>>
>>86034414
>fuckboi nightcrawler
>fuckboi cyclops
>main character is an actress that doesn't want to be there
>the costume design is the only one that does anything with the 80's setting
>storm is still shit and they actually got a lighter skinned bitch than Halle Berry
>Apocalips doesn't even name his Horsemen
>Apocalips somehow sucks all the charisma out of Oscar Isaac
>They don't even give Apocalips his pre-written awesome dialogue
>MAGNETO MAGNETO MAGNETO MAGNETO MAGNETO
Great X-Men movie.
>>
File: 1443890871504.jpg (356KB, 1100x728px)
1443890871504.jpg
356KB, 1100x728px
>>86034414
>Watched Apocalypse finally, and holy moley was it fanservicey
Yes, but in that weird way that it's still perfectly clear that they're massively self-ashamed.
>>
>>86034913
>Let the new kids shine for one
The next movie after Old Man Logan is supposed to be a New Mutants spin-off, so we're pretty much guaranteed focus on new kids.
>>
>>86034913
>Apocalypse being hammy and growing tall
forgot about that

the growing tall thing i completely forgot about until i saw him do it
>>
>>86035057
>Yes, but in that weird way that it's still perfectly clear that they're massively self-ashamed.
Fuck no.

>Magneto stops Apoc with a giant Metal "X"
>>
>>86035075
>Magneto stops Apoc with a giant Metal "X"
I wish that moment would've been in a context where it actually made sense.
What does the X mean to Apoc or Magneto? Fucking nothing.

And that's basically par for the course with this movie. All the "fan service" is just so clumsy and forced. It certainly doesn't help that the script is already a mess that doesn't know which direction it wants to go in.
>>
File: 1471982008108.gif (247KB, 281x131px) Image search: [Google]
1471982008108.gif
247KB, 281x131px
>>86035151
ok buddy

keep forcing yourself to hate good movies
>>
File: mako yeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mako yeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
>>86035075
>>Magneto stops Apoc with a giant Metal "X"
was lmao'in when i saw that
>>
>>86035317
>>86035151
no he's right

i was screaming at the wall we have a projector setup to watch movies instead of a tv... the whole movie because of all the deus ex machina's

i still give it 8/10 for the fanservice and general fun, but fucking hell let me count the ways:

>jean just happens to run into scott
>ok fine
>just happens to be firing arrows at the target when they make him open his eyes the first time
>ok come on guys
>JUST HAPPENS TO BE SITTING BY THE TREE WHEN HE FIRST GETS HIS GLASSES TO TEST THEM OUT

so much stupid shit like that, i mean i understand they want the characters need to connect, and have their quips and such, but it was just so stupidly done at times they could've dressed it up a bit better is all im saying

also Logan being OLD made it just awkward when Jean calms him down
>>
>>86035379
>no he's right
nope
>>
>>86035379
Let me just recount my favourite scene of the movie.
Apocalypse teleports into the X-mansion to abduct Xavier. It's a matter of seconds and he immediately teleports out again.
Havok stands nearby and fires a full-force energy blast to stop them. But Apocalypse already teleports out and so the blast misses and hits the X-jet, which is powered by a cosmic cube now which goes nuclear and kills Havok instantly. Then conveniently Quicksilver walks onto the premises and spider senses that the whole building is about to explode and then he saves everyone so the X-mansion is destroyed so the team has a low point in this movie and Cyclops has something to cry about with Havok being the only casualty.
>>
>>86035596
That was a good scene though.
>>
>>86035596
Fox's Quicksilver was a mistake.
>>
>>86035641
Fox Q>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MCU Q
>>
>>86035613
Yeah, I just love it when established characters kill their own stupid asses because the script demands for an action setpiece here.
>>
>>86035596
Exactly. It's a fucking stupid scene but they managed to get a nice Quicksilver thing going like from DOFP which's clear best scene was the Time in a Bottle scene.

I got up and jumped for joy when it happened, but it's still stupid.
>>
>>86034969
This. Even when the story isn't about him it somehow becomes about him. Even Days of Future Past found a way to make the story about him despite it being ostensibly about Mystique (which in itself was an awful idea). Then Apocalypse drags it to even stupider levels by having him seemingly learn his lesson only to suffer another tragedy that drives him right back to extremism, then he once again redeems himself and seemingly learns his lesson (after having murdered millions) and all he gets is a "sure you won't join us? okay, later dude" at the end.
>>
>>86035656
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
>>
>>86035666
I liked the DOFP scene, but this one was just too much.
>>
>>86035711
Nah, next movie should be set on a zeppelin. Then Jubilee is like
>whoops, I used my fireworks
>[if i could put time in a bottle starts playing]
>>
>>86035681
I got mad as well that QS never actually came out and said "hey pop" to Magneto.

Like how fucking hard is it it would lend substance to Magneto's redemption

also 100% unrelated but the timeline on everything fucked with me i don't know what happened when now after this + DOFP
>>
>>86035681
Wolverine and Magneto basically thieves.
>>
>>86035789
>also 100% unrelated but the timeline on everything fucked with me i don't know what happened when now after this + DOFP
So just like comics.
>>
File: jodie kekster.gif (2MB, 320x240px)
jodie kekster.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>86035752
>>
>>86035811
And that's why I can't be mad whenever they fuck things up in X-Men adaptaions. It was dont shitty from the beginning.
>>
File: ojjnod.webm (518KB, 1920x812px) Image search: [Google]
ojjnod.webm
518KB, 1920x812px
>>86035647
I was a firm supporter and defender of MCU Quicksilver. But then I watched Age of Ultron.

Now, I firmly believe both versions of Quicksilver are complete shit.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (29KB, 294x501px)
images (1).jpg
29KB, 294x501px
Would love to see a depowered storm fight cyke for leadership but that would bring on a whole storyline with rogue, forge and Maddy Pryor.
>>
>>86035789
I'm not sure what the point of even making him Magneto's son was. Quicksilver struggles to bring it up, ultimately doesn't, and it never ends up having any bearing on either character. It felt like a really lazy attempt to give Quicksilver some depth but it doesn't work.
>>
>tfw you will never direct your own x-men or related movie
>tfw x-force movie might just end up full meme
>>
>>86035844
>I was a firm supporter and defender of MCU Quicksilver.
Before even watched it?
>But then I watched Age of Ultron.

>Now, I firmly believe both versions of Quicksilver are complete shit.

No, you are just retarded.
>>
Figure this is a good place to ask, I wanna watch the X-Men movies, do I need to start with original trilogy?
Or can I go right into First Class?
>>
>>86034671
>because this was much better than CW and TFA.
Yeah, no it wasn't.
>>
>>86036123
It would have also tied into his redemption. He lost his family and that's what aroused his latest rageboner, but it turns out he still has family, a son he never knew who wants to know him. But nope, Magneto turns against Apocalypse not because of his son, not because of his friend Charles giving him powerful words of wisdom- but because Mystique made him think about what Charles said again and suddenly he goes "oh wow maybe I'm the bad guy" because somehow Mystique has to be the link here.
>>
>>86036173
There's a few nods and in-jokes you might appreciate more if you watched the originals, but you can watch First Class without much trouble. DOFP may be trickier because it does rely on some stuff from the originals, but I think you're pretty much told everything that matters story-wise. The ending does have more of an impact if you've seen The Last Stand, though.
>>
>>86036250
i guess i'll go ahead and watch them all then
thanks dude
>>
You'd think they'd have been a little better prepared for a Weapon X escape.
>Uh.... What if he gets out of his cage, sir?
>Don't nitpick.
>>
>>86034414
>What else would you want to see in another X-Men cartoon or movie /co/?
Better writing and pacing.
>>
>>86034480
The X-Men movies have been kind of the same in the last 3-4 movies(?).

Erik and Charles have a misunderstanding. The fight. They make up and part ways, only to start the cycle again. And lately, Mystique also rallies everyone.
>>
>>86034671
TFA wasn't that good, yeah, and CW had its flaws, but Apoc was the worst of the bunch. Terrible CGI, weird pacing, rehashed X-Men plot that you've already seen in previous X-Men movies. I want it to be better. FC showed hope.
>>
>>86035317
Wish for it to be better, dude. It doesn't take a hater to see that Apoc was the worst of the "reboot" X-Men movies.

The writing in Apoc was all over the place. The pacing was really weird. There were a lot of hammy scenes. The one thing that stuck to me was that Magneto's family's death could have been written much better.
>>
>>86035613
I love the Quicksilver effects. I fucking love the song. But jesus christ, that was an awful scene. The only moment where they could insert an actual dramatic death, they wipe it out with QS's scene. The tone was all over the place.
>>
>>86035647
They're both handled badly. There's no gap.

One is handled for a quick CGI gag, with a very reluctant and shaky plan to flesh him out. One was killed because "Where you surprised it wasn't Hawkeye? Hehe just as keikaku. Here is your death!"
>>
>>86035789
It's like they tried to give Quicksilver a character arc, but botched or rushed it, or cut it for more Mystique/Erik vs Charles/Logan scenes (which are rehashes of the previous movies).

It's just really disappointing because I was looking forward to the actors.
>>
>>86036123
>It felt like a really lazy attempt to give Quicksilver some depth but it doesn't work.
Good lord, this.
>>
>>86034671
>TFA
even sausage party was better than that dog shit
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.