[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys want from a harry potter comic if they ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

What do you guys want from a harry potter comic if they ever make one? Possible storylines, writers, artists,etc
>>
I'd like to see Hogwarts get founded and how the classes are created. Exploring diffrent parts of the world and how they deal with magical occurrences would be great. I'd also like to have a sports comic dedicated to quidditch.
>>
Gimme the american school or the asia one
>>
Either waaay the fuck to Next Generation or like pre-1900

avoid the Voldemort/Potter era
>>
>>86032723
I have terrible tastes but I'd like to see a slice of life Harry Potter work. Maybe one on different witches and wizards and their vocations/lifestyles.
>>
>>86032723

The Goblin Rebellion. Even when they tried to say it was boring it seemed more interesting than what was going on with Harry
>>
>>86032723
The American wizards and their magic guns.
>>
>>86033211

I'd read a mini about Charlie rescuing baby Dragons.

The Star Wars model that Marvel has would work really well for HP
>>
>>86032723
The Marauders
>>
I want Makani to be the main artist.
>>
>>86033670

Well I wouldn't be buying it. That's a very boring style
>>
File: 1b1a947cf5e08aa1fb7677ca7560bb67.jpg (212KB, 900x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1b1a947cf5e08aa1fb7677ca7560bb67.jpg
212KB, 900x1374px
>>86033670
I would go with Fiona Staples her style really fits the universe and she would probably be down to do it in a heartbeat
>>
File: 1463989605059.png (65KB, 281x260px) Image search: [Google]
1463989605059.png
65KB, 281x260px
>>86032723
Artwise - I'd like a style similar to the either Team Fortress or Avatar:TLA comics.

Writers - I'm not really sure; I'd say JK but she let us down with the new 'book'

Storylines- There's just so many possibilities, ranging from Slice of Life while the trio is at school to an actual re-telling of the books. It could be supplementary material talking about background characters from any era and how they've impacted the universe. I'd really want something about Tonks since she's my favourite character, but the odds of that are incredibly slim ESPECIALLY BECAUSE JK KILLED HER FOR NO FUCKING REASON IN A SINGLE SENTENCE NEAR THE END OF THE LAST BOOK.
>>
Mark Millar. Hogwarts School Shooting
>>
>>86034198
That would be one crazy fucked up book i would absolutely love to see
>>
File: hogwarts.png (93KB, 445x250px) Image search: [Google]
hogwarts.png
93KB, 445x250px
>>86032723

Out of storylines I think one about the founders of Hogwarts would be a fascinating one. It's in an entirely different time period and involves characters we've never known except from legends and stories. Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin have spread accounts of what they were like but the circumstances that inspired them to make the school, the pitfalls of getting it off the ground, and eventually the fallout of the four would be a cool lore and character study.
>>
>>86034369
Moore already did it.
>>
Story revolving around the group of muggles that were sent to Azkaban during Voldemort's control of Hogwarts via Snape.
>>
>>86034701
Which moore story was it? i have only read a few of his books
>>
>>86034571
I think besides a retelling of the books this is the most likely to become a real thing
>>
File: plus one.png (524KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
plus one.png
524KB, 540x800px
>>86032723
Harry/Luna!
>>
Peter Pettigrew's life as Scabbers.
>>
>>86032723
I want to see more of the wizarding world. No more of the Harry/Voldemort shit.
>>
ITT casual who never heard of The Books of Magic
>>
>>86032723
No, just get Gaiman to write more timothy hunter books
>>
>>86032723
I'd like to see the previous generation.

James. Lilly. Snape. Sirius. Remus. Wormtail. Lucius. Narcissa. Frank and Alice longbottom.

Show how they went from students to soldiers in the first Wizarding war.

Show how James went from being arrogant jackass to loving husband. How Snape went from isolated loner to love struck geek to terrorist. How the marauders were formed and how they dealt with their friend being a Warewolf. Show Voldemort at the peak of his power.

That shit.
>>
File: kqLASe4.jpg (325KB, 639x1001px) Image search: [Google]
kqLASe4.jpg
325KB, 639x1001px
>>86034800

One of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comics.
>>
>>86032723
I'd like to see a HP comic that revolved around other young wizards and witches and their hijinks around Hogwarts.
>>
>>86033132
>>86033163
Pretty much these. Shit, I'd settle for more European schools.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 326x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 326x452px
>>86032723

Personally I'd like a murder mystery involving aurors.

And I'd like it done in the style of Ben Templesmith
>>
I'd like them to use a great range of spells instead of the red vs green beamfest that the movies loved to show.
>>
I'd like a lighthearted comic series that captures the feeling of whimsy and magic that the first two Harry Potter films/books had. After a while it started getting a little too grimdark; I'd like to see some worldbuilding, understand the magical ecology of the world a bit more, see how the various schools interact with each other and the differences in their styles beyond a competition.

That kind of thing. I just want something that is an exploration of the strange and wonderful with less CRUCIO.
>>
a black Hermione
with a nice ass and a ghetto attitude
>>
File: steampunk wall glow.jpg (295KB, 1792x1120px) Image search: [Google]
steampunk wall glow.jpg
295KB, 1792x1120px
>>86032723
Broom Race around the world.
>>
I'd watch sitcom set in Diagon Alley.
>>
>>86032723
>wizard world ripe for exploring in a comic or cartoon
>target demographic for the movies and books overlaps demographic for cartoons and comics too
>no comic or cartoon

Instead, JK Rowling had a shitty play. If she wanted more money and the legacy of this IP to continue, it is super fucking clear that the way to go is expensive hardbound graphic novels and an animated series/shorts
>>
>>86033243
>>86033211
>slice of life Harry Potter work
>Charlie rescuing baby Dragons.
Hell, I'd want a storyline focusing on Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. Their dormitories seem really cool.

I haven't seen the trailer but I'm actually looking forward to Fantastic Beasts because at least it's not something about Harry Potter and his fucking problems.
>>
>>86034912
I understand why Harry picked Ginny since he was essentially just marrying her family so he can have a family, but I still prefer Luna.
>>
>>86037520
This looks really interesting
>>
>>86032723
Ancient history and the founding of the wizarding world or whatever, modern Harry Potter lore falls apart as soon as you question anything
Also I'd rather we didn't get any, the amount of 20+ year olds who are still completely obsessed with the series is scary. Also JK Rowling needs to retire with what little dignity she has left instead of becoming an internet attention whore to try and stay relevant
>>
>>86032723
Wizards getting their shit kicked by muggles
>>
File: 1472389605214.png (33KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472389605214.png
33KB, 360x360px
A MIB type story about an agency of muggles who keep up the illusion that muggles are retarded and can't see magical shit but also somehow need to be protected from it so that wizards stay in hiding so that muggles may advance technology without magical shit intruding
>Group of evil wizards planning to kill a bunch of muggles
>stealth ops team sneaks into the house, bursts through the door and just obliterates them with modern guns before they can even pick up their wands
>>
>>86034163
Literally just hire Ronnie to write a slice of life HP-universe comic.
>>
File: 1473048731536.png (93KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
1473048731536.png
93KB, 467x496px
>>86032723
I want a potter cartoon. It's funny me and my brother was actually discussing potter puppet pals
>>
>>86032723
For them not to butcher Ron's character like they did in the movies.
>>
>>86040798
I'd fucking kill for this.
>>
>>86040798
I dunno. An Auror/muggle spec ops team up to take on some secret threat would be cool.
>>
>>86040798
>>86041296
I like this. Muggles only or with some Aurors to keep both sides separate.
>>
>>86040798
That sounds great for a thirteen year old.
>>
>>86033670
Makani is fun for fanart, but Skottie Young's Harry Potter beats them all.
>>
>>86040447
>If she wanted more money and the legacy of this IP to continue, it is super fucking clear that the way to go is expensive hardbound graphic novels and an animated series/shorts
Yes, if only they pandered to YOUR niche, they'd make millions!
>>
>>86032723
Adaption of the books made by Laika studios. It would be the comfiest thing ever.
>>
>>86041765
Harry Potter is a profitable IP. Why do you think they (JK, Warnerbros, etc) keep coming back to it? Additional "school text" books, Pottermore, TWO Wizarding Worlds (and continually expanding), a new movie, and a play--face it, they are milking it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the new movie will click like the previous movies, and we all know what the fan reaction was with the play.

I wasn't suggesting comics and cartoons because it's MY niche. I was suggesting it because, if they want more money from the IP which they obviously do, those two are the similar interests of their target demographic and they can tap those. It can assure a steady interest for merchandise, not just from devoted fans but from normies and casuals.

I wasn't actually thinking about my interests. I was trying to think like a scheming stockholder.
>>
>>86041976
You think graphic novels are big interests for kid demographics? Comics are such a small market that they might as well make a Harry Potter tabletop game.
>>
>>86032723
Meh, I'm pretty much done with Harry Potter.
>>
>>86042155
It is for teen/adult/young adult/the buzzfeed+reddit+tumblr demographics who are still clinging to the franchise. It's merchandise from the cartoon that will be for kids.
>>
>>86033670
As long as she's not in charge of the story.
Dunno if I can survive Dumbledore/Hermoine or Dumbledore/Ginny
>>
>>86038949
>>86033132
>>86033211
>>86040546
This, especially the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff one (it could even just be titled that: "Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs").

I would also like to see more of the schools around Europe, and their local creatures. We know about France's school (well, the one for girls - there has to be one for guys or a co-ed one as well), and wherever the heck Crumm was from, but I'd like it to go beyond stereotypes and let us see things from, say, the German or Norwegian school's perspective.

There was a post I read on tumblr mentioning how JK Rowling barely scratched the surface when it came to folklore and it was really interesting. I can't find it now but the OP also talked about how in the Scandinavian countries, magic was treated as a very ordinary thing and you could be Christian and still believe in spells and the like. I guess Rowling would be totally tripped up there.
>>
>>86042344
Additionally, I would just like more focus on things that don't involve Harry's crew and it's previous (or subsequent) generation (unless it's about Luna). I find that sticking so close to this one group is stifiling.
>>
>>86042344
>all those unexplored magical schools/countries
>no let's have a fanfic-tier play about Harry
>>
>>86042466
>and let's make hermoine black!
>>
>>86040640
>the amount of 20+ year olds who are still completely obsessed with the series is scary

I doubt you actually believe this, considering you frequent a board about comics and cartoons.
>>
>>86042495
They already had at least two cool black characters. Why didn't they give more screentime to them if they want diversity?
>>
>>86042574
Same reason Rowling pulled Dumbledore being gay right out of her dusty ass: progressive points.
>>
>>86042344
>We know about France's school (well, the one for girls

Dude, read Goblet of Fire instead of just watching the movie. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang are both co-ed, son
>>
>>86040592
Everyone still prefers Luna.
Even normies still prefer Luna.
EVERYONE.
>>
>>86032723
A story about the war during Voldermort's prime from the perspective of an adult in the Order. Show exactly what kind of atrocities would make the vets want nothing more than to settle down and teach children.
Would also like seeing a story about Snape's time as a double agent among the Death Eaters.
>>
>>86041296
>>86040265

I'd read/watch something about the wizard bodyguards assigned to protect important muggles. Like the group of aurors assigned to protect the queen are animagi posing as her corgis or something.
>>
>>86040798
>but also somehow need to be protected from it so that wizards stay in hiding so that muggles may advance technology without magical shit intruding
I haven't heard this explanation before but I really like it.
>>
Either the misadventures of the Marauders or Neville's seventh year at Hogwarts, as he protects the students from the death eater teachers.
>>
>>86042597
I have been reading the books, but I didn't notice that about Beauxbatons. My mistake.

>>86042495
>>86042574
>>86042594
I really dislike it when people change existing character's races to be progressive. I typically see the reasoning as things like "let black kids see themselves as ___," but in this day and age I really don't think the character's race is what stops a kid from relating to them (the same goes for gender). Ironically, when they make the culture of a character really blatant and refer to it all the time, they're actually narrowing their audience down. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a lot of the famous characters that happen to be white were successful because of their universal appeal, not their race.
>>
>>86044670
It's a stage play. They're not going to draw Hermione black everywhere now, they just cast someone of a different race which literally happens all the time in stage plays, especially when you consider what amount of popular plays are European in origin and take place in specific parts of Europe.
>>
>>86044811
I never suggested that, anon. But I was referring to the "black Hermione" craze in part of the fandom that existed before the play did, and the recent trend of racebending well-known characters (or creating successors to them that are anything but white).
>>
stories of evil young dumbledore and grindelwald, the only prequel shit that actually matters that the fandom is dying for
>>
>>86044811
>It's a stage play. They're not going to draw Hermione black everywhere now, they just cast someone of a different race
She's black in the new movie, holmes.
>>
>>86045031
Hermione isn't even IN the new movie, unless there's some framing device I'm not aware of.
>>
>>86045031
>>86045103
yes it is, the new movie is about hermione, the one coming out this november
>>
>>86045103
Oh, you were talking about the new critter movie. That explains it. I had thought they were gonna go ahead with a cursed child movie.
>>
>>86041874
This.
A thousand times this.
>>
What new movie. Dont lie
>>
>>86045146
The new movie called Fantastic Beasts that takes place in the past and doesn't feature Harry, Ron or Hermione at all?
>>
>>86044670
>but in this day and age I really don't think the character's race is what stops a kid from relating to them
This, so much.

>>86045146
The new movie is about the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, who is a Hufflepuff. This takes place 50 or so years ago, I think.
>>
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgQj7xcDJo
>>
>>86044658
Look up Dumbledore's Army and the year of Darkness. It's fanfiction but exactly what you're looking for and pretty well written.
>>
>>86041700
I'm surprised at how right you are
>>
>>86045504
I really, really, REALLY want this to be good. Please be good.

Main guy reminds me a little too much of Matt Smith's Doctor though.

Also I guess the "Harry Potter theme" is now the theme for its universe and not necessarily ust Harry.
>>
>>86046891
same
i wasn't sure at first when i read about it, but i've been excited for this movie since the first few production images were leaked
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.