[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Take the Arkham Knight persona, put him in current DC Comics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 25

File: Arkham Knight.jpg (154KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Arkham Knight.jpg
154KB, 1920x1440px
Take the Arkham Knight persona, put him in current DC Comics, and give him a backstory/identity that isnt shit Fucking Jason? Really? How do you fix him /co/?
>>
>>85938351
If you read comics you would see they've already made a shitty adaptation that has nothing to do with Jason. That's what Kanes grunts look like in Detective Comics.
>>
Basically Gotham
>>
>>85938351
Amadeus Arkham's descendant, who combines tech with magic, is a hypochondriac about demonic influence so never takes his warded suit off, and is obsessed with purging gotham of all evil. by burning it down if necessary,
>>
>Arkham Knight is jason
Was it that bad of a 'twist'. It seemed pretty good to me
>>
>>85938988
It would have been good if him being Jason was a red herring. But the game beats it over your head that it's Jason as soon as the Knight speaks. It was lazy.
>>
File: Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_Knight_Sshot056.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
>>85938351
Honestly, I would be fine with them retroactively erasing Jason's current backstory (revived by League of Assasin's, gets secret ninja training), and replace it with the Arkham Knight backstory. Being the Joker's prisoner for over a year and suffering being beaten, drugged, and brainwashed. That experience is so much more psychologically scaring that simply being beaten with a crowbar and then blown up. The Arkham Knight is significantly more interesting that current Jason. Jason needs to be the one who kills. That seperates him from the rest of the Batfamily. He does the things the other ones can't do.

Read Arkham Knight: Genesis by Tomasi.
>>
>>85938988
if they just let alone, that would be one thing
but people were speculating it might be Jason from the first reveal trailer, and they said 'No, it's not any pre-existing character. We've worked with DC writers to come up with a wholly original character' which was a statement made in plain bad faith
>>
File: IMG_0461.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0461.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How would you personally feel if the Arkham Knight (and his backstory to a degree) was used as the antagonist in the upcoming Affleck Batflick?

Also if I could get a say in music choices, I vote Christopher Drake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQFkV7zcF9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-Y1R3Psb0&list=PLRWVcXPq49jg7NAV_ueSl1WySUjyaQ8Wt
>>
>>85938351
Literally what if Batman didn't have a no kill policy. A darker and murderous version of the Dark Knight.

Arkham Knight would even have an identical start as Bruce. He also would loose his parents, yet also suffer some additional screwed up situations until the League of Assassins didn't pick him up and trained him, with the help of Hugo Strange and his psychological techniques, into becoming a literal killing machine of a vigilante that can match Batman in both combat and wits.

However all info on him remains a mystery and even the player/reader never sees him unmasked.
>>
>>85939038
>I'm gonna kill you old man! Your time is up! You're using those super OLD techniques! Predictable! I'm going to take my time killing you!
>Commands a whole army and has billions to spend on tanks, drones, and soldiers
>Acts like a little kid throughout the game
>Does nothing out of the ordinary to beat Batman's basic tactics
>Gets dropped on by Batman three times during his boss battle
>Drops his almost lifelong vendetta to kill Batman and actually saves him in the end
>Just fucks off and we never see him again
>>
I'd love to see a hero who isn't held back by morals or sexual restraint.

Like, a hero who takes money from the people he saves, or forgoes saving a woman being raped because he's too busy getting a blowjob from a supervillainess.

Basically, horny, selfish, edgy Nightwing.
>>
>>85940384
Pretty sure you meant Deathstroke instead
>>
Because what we need is another Anti-Batman.
>>
File: b95uzuC1ru3fl1.gif (518KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
b95uzuC1ru3fl1.gif
518KB, 500x371px
The Bat Troopers in the current run of Detective are basically Arkham Knight except not stupid. Albeit a bit more disposable.

Maybe the story ends with Kate's Dad becoming THE Arkham Knight.
>>
>>85940384
That doesn't sound heroic at all
>>
>>85938499
I like it
>>
It was a terrible twist but I liked the way the mask got damaged and became the red hood mask.
>>
Andrea Beaumont.

Just instead of Phantasm magic, replace it with tech. Using her parents money and connections, she founded a PMC to destroy and take revenge on Gotham for ruining her family, her love life, and herself.
>>
I remember when Arkham Knight came out I was working at a camp and I did nothing for hours so I would think about how I would've fixed it.
I figured if Arkham Knight was supposed to 100% OC then they should've made him an Arkham Security worker. Basically his character story would be like; he was a soldier who was discharged from the military and then got a job as a security job at Arkham Asylum. Since in the Arkham canon, Jason Todd was killed in an abandoned wing of the Asylum. Let's say Mike (the name I'll give to the character) heard Joker kill Jason and he heads over to see Robin dead on the ground muttering that Bruce Wayne was Batman, the last thing he was saying before dying. This explains how Mike knows that Batman is Bruce. Moving on, Mike spends all day looking at the beat up thugs and criminals Batman puts in the asylum, but instead of feeling hatred towards them, he feels sympathetic. They all go out and do extraordinary plans and murders in attempts to kill him. Maybe they're all victims of Batman, maybe Batman was the reason they were all like this. It wasn't until the events of the first game where Mike was put in the electric chair by Zsasz. Would he be there in the first place if Batman existed? I mean the whole reason he was there was Batman. After that experience, Mike started to resent the Batman. Sometime later Mike then enlisted in the private sector of TYGER, the mercenaries that guard Arkham City. Like all guards, Mike was then brainwashed by Hugo Strange to kill the Batman and also basically worship Strange. But since he already hated Batman, the brainwashing made him go near insane and just fixate on the Batman (since he's a competent fighter in the canon, maybe we can say Ra's trained him because of it?). Later in the game, Mike sees Batman 'kill' Ra's and Hugo Strange, his masters. This is the final straw for Mike and he dons the mantle of the "Arkham Knight", reflecting his past a guard for Arkham.
That's how I would've done it.
>>
>>85938351
He doesn't need fixing. Him being Jason Todd was a really good idea.

Stop being butthurt about this and freaking move on.
>>
>>85938988

It was terrible. The only thing that would've thrown anyone off was the fact that the Red Hood DLC was announced, so you kind of thought that the Red Hood wasn't going to be in the main story at all.

Once you get to the flashback portions though, it's obvious who it is.
>>
Literally no one is fooled by Rocksteady with their NOT JASON shtick

If you are you are a casual
>>
>>85939067
Yeah but Jasonfags get really salty if you take away him being a super special assassin prodigy
>>
>>85938351
That fake leak about the AK being a Bruce clone created by Amanda Waller was a better idea
>>
>>85943744
I think people are more peeved at the fact that official announcements swore up and down that it would NOT be Jason Todd, but someone completely new.

Kind of insulting to tell an absolute lie to your customers.
>>
>>85938351
Make him a guard at Arkham who gets fed up with the city's and Batman's shit and decides to take matters into his own hands. Forms his own militia with other like minded people
>>
File: see you on the.jpg (137KB, 558x652px) Image search: [Google]
see you on the.jpg
137KB, 558x652px
>>85938351
>How do you fix him /co/?

Basically make him DC's (Batman's) Flipside.
>>
He should have been Prometheus.
Evil Batman origin, criminal parents killed by cops, used all their money to fund his gear and training, figured out Bruce is Batman and Jason was killed by Joker.
Comes to Gotham to get revenge on the city that took his parents, uses his knowledge of the Batfamily to mindfuck Bruce in to thinking he's Jason.
Batman unmasks Knight, shocked that it isn't Jason and demands to know who he is, he says is something like "Does it matter? I'm still going to destroy you and everything you stand for, Bruce."
>>
>>85940666

Oooh. Nice. You have the best ideas, Satan.
>>
>>85938499
This would've been a million times better. What's the point of calling him the Arkham Knight if he has nothing to do with it?
>but that's where he got tortured
Then Batman might as well call himself Crime Alley Man since that's where his parents died
>>
>>85938351
I think the way to fix Arkham Kinight is after jason todd dies and Ras revives him-- the court of owls gets their hands on him-- and make him a talon-- but one meant specially to deal with Batman.
>>
File: lockupthe butt.jpg (47KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
lockupthe butt.jpg
47KB, 960x540px
>>85945693
so fix the arkham knight by making him Lock-up
>>
File: 64052436.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
64052436.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>>85939190
Would be badass if they get the execution right.
You need a good script, a good actor, not shit CG or anything, and proof that DC can make a good film
>>
>>85938351
Make him an undercover Azrael so he actually has something to do, like how Detective has this FUCKHUGE group that Batman didn't even know about knocking on his doorstep.
>>
>>85940523
>not stupid
It's already fucking stupid by making it a massive organization that Batman couldn't even fathom or prepare for.
>>
File: 141.jpg (18KB, 236x364px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
18KB, 236x364px
>>85939190
Same guy, but also you need to establish that the AK is WAAAAAY more extreme than Batfleck could ever be.

Batfleck kills so having the AK use guns wouldn't be anything mindblowing.

You would have to have him spark interest and basically kill off a major villain or character.

My suggestion would be to have a Batfleck movie before you actually have the knight as a DCEU character or something. In the film he's actually in, have him kill off an important character like Joker and or Harley in a gruesome way.

AAAAAND BOOM. You've just created a remote interest in the character. Now you need a good plot (I don't recommend re hashing the same one from the game either)
>>
>>85947446
Honestly, I like the idea of Lock-Up. A sadistic, bitter, disenfranchised officer of the law who decides he's going to "fix" it all by making sure nobody can act out of line. The Arkham Knight's militia could easily play into it because in a city like Gotham, there's gotta be plenty of people who feel that way.
>>
File: 120971126.jpg (38KB, 619x366px) Image search: [Google]
120971126.jpg
38KB, 619x366px
>>85938499
>Guy called Arkham Knight
>He goes full "Deus Vult" on Gotham
>>
>>85949701
I actually thought it was Jean-Paul with a new disguise before the dumb reveal, it would've almost made sense.
>>
>>85938351
What if they just had him be Terry McGinnis instead?

He basically pulls a Jason and realizes that Bruce has been doing it all wrong , develops a hate for the old man, and builds a time machine to go back to past and fix it or something like that without it being too similar to every time travel plot ever.

Then, he stays in Current Arkhamverse etc. Builds an army. Knows all of Batman's secrets.

You could even incorporate Jason into the story as he's kills of Black Mask, hunts down Harley, encounters Tim and Dick. Bats thinks it's him, but it's not sorta thing.

Literally satisfies the whole " Not Jason Todd and is an Original character in the universe" requirement.

Best part: You don't get to know that is Terry or why he did it till the very fuckin end
>>
>>85938351

Failed clone of Bruce Wayne. Thinks he's the reicarnation of Jeremiah Arkham and goes on a holy quest.
>>
File: 1472400478211.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472400478211.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>Amazing boss fights against deathstroke in ORIGINS
>Predator faggotry against the arkham knight

Why
>>
>>85950387
Because most likely the game was rushed out a year too soon. Like most games now. And don't even pretend those Origin fights were super special.
>>
>>85938351
Jean Paul Valley, he came back from hell
>>
>>85950240
no
no time travel
>>
File: 20.jpg (483KB, 1200x1843px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
483KB, 1200x1843px
>>85950422
>hell
Does that sound like hell to you?
>>
>>85939823
I remember someone pointing out that, if he really wanted to fuck with Batman's techniques, he would have taped a hostage to one of the drones that Batman casually blows up
>>
>>85938351
Make him either Deathstroke or Ra's Al Ghul, change basically nothing else. Have him be a tactical genius that baits Bruce the entire time, toying with him.
>>
File: batman-arkham-knight-2016.jpg (1009KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
batman-arkham-knight-2016.jpg
1009KB, 3840x2160px
While the game Arkham Knight was a mistep for various reasons, the character "Arkham Knight" was a definite step in the right direction. Jason fits naturally into the role and honestly I can't see any other character really stepping into the armor other than an actual original character (I was hoping for the clone of Bruce Wayne).

Posting scenes of the Arkham Knight as well as the torture of Jason Todd at the hands of the Joker. If people are intersted, I'd be willing to storytime all of the Arkham Knight comics some time tomorrow.

>Torture at the hands of the Joker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OynvfhfsVWw

>Arkham Knight - Identity Revealed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq61RMUpjzQ

>Interview with Barbara Gordon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzejbyLozq8

>Red Hood Story Pack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxNKe6h85vY
>>
File: 1462659283190.jpg (204KB, 575x711px) Image search: [Google]
1462659283190.jpg
204KB, 575x711px
>>85950745
and weebs call english VA bad
>>
File: The_Red_Hood_!663.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The_Red_Hood_!663.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
Opinion question, do you prefer Baker or Ackles for voicing Jason/Arkham Knight?

Also, which costume do you preer?
1. The original Red Hood costume that appeared Jason first wore in his revenge against Bruce.
2. The Arkham Knight Armor
3. The Arkham Knight/Red Hood Mix (Pic related).
4. The Arkham version of the Red Hood costume.

Red Hood and outlaws costume is banned because it has an emoting mouth.
>>
>>85951217
>Emoting mouth
It has a mouth, the eyes are where the emoting happens.
>>
>>85939068
THIS.

Holy fuck I was so annoyed by this, and everyone seemed to conveniently forget it at launch and kept saying how Arkham Knight was a 10/10 game.
>>
>>85951217
>Red Hood and outlaws costume is banned
Which one? Ever artist keeps changing his helmet that almost every issue he has a different look
Seriously, they should just pick one and say "This is it."
>>
Definitely my favorite Jason costume. Some may complain because of it's simplicity, but I am in love with the biker Jacket crash helmet combo.
>>
Just found out Christopher Drake did the music for under the Red Hood. He is now officially my favorite Batman composer.
>>
>>85938988
One of the first fucking things he says is a quote from Under the Red Hood.
>>
>>85939067
Yeah, I agree with you. I liked Jason's original story well enough but to be so broken like he was in Arkham Knight really makes his betrayal of Batman that much more purposeful.
>>
There needs to be some variation of this conversation if they ever end up using Jason in upcoming DCEU flicks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs
>>
File: bb_076ChristianBale.jpg (16KB, 476x325px) Image search: [Google]
bb_076ChristianBale.jpg
16KB, 476x325px
>>85950387
>Amazing
>Repeat this same QTE sequence three times

You kids today
>>
File: Prowler.jpg (11KB, 150x228px) Image search: [Google]
Prowler.jpg
11KB, 150x228px
>>85951157
Please don't compare a game produced by one of the slickest publishers in the industry that draws on the talents of people who've been portraying these characters for 20 years to the kind of bottom feeders they get for dubbing anime and anime games, please
>>
>>85950387
Because Arkhamshit cannot into good bosses
>MUH FREEZE
Exception that proves the rule.
>>
>>85952463
Deadshot was a unique idea that got abused way too often. Fucking Arkham Knight fight is a rehash of that. The Grundy fight was too bad and the Ra's fight was all about the flash and pomp of being Batman.
>>
>>85940384
Literally wade wilson
>>
File: 1469755717626.jpg (82KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469755717626.jpg
82KB, 480x360px
>>85940384
>Willingly making a character edgy
>>
>>85943288
I like it!
>>
>>85951459
Motorcycle.

Fetish.
>>
File: 1460355861838.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1460355861838.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>85952383
It felt super fluid plus you needed to time your attacks right so he wouldn't rape you , really the best way to play two people with ninja training fighting without resorting to anime shit
>>
It should've been Hugo Strange. AK would've been the real Protocol 11.

The only issue would be explaining how he could survive the impalement.
>>
File: latest-4.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>85951308

Well, it has the best combat and predator mechanics in the series and amazing graphics. But City remains as the best one.
>>
>>85953987
Thanks!
>>
File: Batman & Robins.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Batman & Robins.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
>>85939190

My balls would be drained in the theather, as i'm a big fan of these games. I love when everyone says Batfleck fights like in Bamham.

Expand that damm Arkhamverse, WB, give me more!. Another game, movie, comics, whatever, MORE!.
>>
>>85940666

I dig it.
>>
>>85939190
Make it Jensen Ackles and we're set.
>>
>>85950387

This. Deathstroke was QTE, but it worked. Shame they reused Ra's animations for each "round".

Arkham Knight fight makes me wonder two things: why didn't he used his tactic vision to find Batman?, and why he aims his gun like a slow ass camera, and not simply wait for Batman to show his pointy head?.

Arkham Knight really fucked it up with the bossfights.
>>
>>85956086
If we're talking Red Hood, someone mentioned Shia LaBeouf. I think that's a pretty good choice cause I think he can really nail an angry young man who's angry at his dad.
>>
>>85938988
How is it a twist when it's literally the most obvious thing ever? The fact they had to lie about it in interviews just shows how obvious it was.
>>
>>85938351
Make him Lincoln March.
>>
I still just want him to be a Scarecrow-induced hallucination of what Bruce is afraid he will have to become to successfully save his city
>>
>>85945668
Most of their customers are casuals who don't read comics and don't care if AK is Jason Todd or original character.

Comic fans are the one who angery about this and honestly? No one cares about what they think.
>>
>>85938351
>Keep as Jason Todd.
>Change back story to not just Joker, but all the Batman villains torturing him and all that.
>Keep resurrection via lazarus and assassination training.
>When he comes back to Gotham, some D-listers of Bat's Rogues gallery start becoming missing (Calendar man, Killer Moth, etc).
>Bat thinks it's a serial killer going after criminals who have been admitted to Arkham (hence arkham knight).
>Deduces that the next location of murder.
>It's a decoy! Oh no.
>Bat comes back to find Alfred and Bat family missing. Signs of non-lethal anesthetic gas or whatever.
>Message plays on Batcomputer.
>Arkham Knight monologue about how Bat has allowed villains to live despite what they've done. How much family has died.
>Video of each batfamily member paired with a Bat villain connected to some sort of deadly contraption.
>AK: Choose one, kill the other, Bruce.
>Bat has to make a mad dash in order to save each villain and family member. While also trying to find out who AK is.
>>
File: Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>85943744
>He doesn't need fixing. Him being Jason Todd was a really good idea.
>>
File: butthurt-e1398338583563.jpg (38KB, 560x406px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt-e1398338583563.jpg
38KB, 560x406px
>>85958379
>>
>>85958338

This would have been really cool.
>>
>>85958338

That's a little too Jigsaw for my tastes, famalam.
>>
>>85950504
Nope, just a fucking hospital bed
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.