[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watership Down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Watership Down.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Watership Down.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
What does /co/ think of pic related?
Is it too violent for children?
>>
File: Watership Down.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Watership Down.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>85918013
I love it. It's my favorite animated movie.

Is it too violent? Well... it is quite bloody and disturbing at some parts, and I can easily imagine it having a bad effect on very young children. That said, I think there is an age at which children can (and really should) be exposed to violence when it is portrayed in the right way. Violence is a part of the natural world, and this film shows that in a very thoughtful manner. I think this film is appropriate viewing for children who are still scared by it, but not so badly as to be disturbed or "scarred".
>>
It's good, and no.
>>
>>85918013
>Is it too violent for children?
Your post is stupid.
>>
Never seen anyone on /co/ say anything bad about watership down. Same as felidae or plague dogs. I don't really think much about child psychology but I liked violence as an older child/young teen. Who knows about little kids, though.
>>
>>85918013
It's an even better book. Read it/read it to them/have them read it in addition to the movie.
>>
>>85918013
We were shown it in school when I was in 5th grade
>>
File: 1471714535751.jpg (902KB, 1301x1879px) Image search: [Google]
1471714535751.jpg
902KB, 1301x1879px
>>85918013

It needed more rabbit sex.

Like a lot more rabbit sex.
>>
>>85918883
Wow, a well-thought-out response on the first try?
>>
File: plague-dogs-14.jpg (81KB, 647x488px) Image search: [Google]
plague-dogs-14.jpg
81KB, 647x488px
>>85918013
I preferred The Plague Dogs, and while Watership Down isn't quite as bleak and brutal, neither are children's films.
>>
No. Kids need shock imagery to develop their brains and emotions. There's a lack of scary, disturbing shit aimed for kids nowadays, that's why they are growing little self centered bitches.
>>
>>85918883
>Be 6 years old
>Get four rabbits from a guy on the side of the road
>Keep them free in the backyard
>Wake up one night to hear barking
>Parents say that the neighbor's dog dug under the fence and got into the backyard
>Pray that all of the bunnies got out safe
>Hear that the big brown one got bitten to death
>We don't even get a proper funeral; The corpse gets carried away in a plastic bag

This fucking scene
>>
Kids are made to be traumatized.

>>85919103
Felidae was kinda meh, apart from a few scenes.
>>
File: watership_down_remake.png (434KB, 656x641px) Image search: [Google]
watership_down_remake.png
434KB, 656x641px
Loved it - it's a classic. But I have a baaad feeling about the remake.
>>
Not all kids are 6 year olds. It's only considered dramatic because people don't expect rabbits to fight like that. If they were dogs it wouldn't be so controversial.

Warrior Cats and even the Bambi book are just as violent but are kid aimed. Violence is just a staple of xenofiction.
>>
I don't understand the complete shyness of kids cartoons to show violence. Even small amounts of blood from a scratch are rare. Why? Children's books are super violent. I remember being 8 and reading Out of Dust, which had a girl accidentally pour hot oil on her mom. Children's cartoons however like to keep it very safe. Not all children's cartoons should be for all ages. What's acceptable for a 11 year old is not what's acceptable for a 5 year old.

>>85919103

The Plague Dogs and Felidae are aimed at adults. Watership Down is actually not.

I hope the Tailchaser's Song adaptation isn't censored. We need good ol' fashioned animal films with graphic depictions of nature.
>>
Honestly, the very idea of the story, book or movie, is my favorite part. What you thought would be a simple story of some bunnies turns into an adventure/epic. Hands down one of my favorite books of all time
>>
dogs aren't dangerous.
>>
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/channel-5-blasted-traumatising-viewers-7638429

Probably the most hated movie by soccer moms worldwide.
>>
>>85918989
It was rated PG-13 when it came out in UK tho
>>
>>85922675
Except it wasn't - it got a U, the equivalent of a G.
>>
>>85921054
>Tailchaser's song adaptation

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

For real?!
>>
File: Enemies thousands of them.jpg (17KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Enemies thousands of them.jpg
17KB, 240x180px
>>85918013
My brother and I loved it when we were little kids. It might be a bit much for some children, but imo, it depends on the kid themselves. I'd gladly show it to a kid if I knew them to not get spooked too easily for it.
>>
File: fightscene bambi.webm (3MB, 520x376px) Image search: [Google]
fightscene bambi.webm
3MB, 520x376px
>>85920949
>even the Bambi book
Not just the book, the movie got a little violent too. Not much blood, but a lot of fire and gunshots.
>>
>>85918013
>Is it too violent for children?

My first day of Kindergarten I got beat up three different times by three different bullies.

I don't remember Watership Down being violent at all. I didn't know WHAT people were talking about until I went and re-watched it as an adult.

Do you understand what I'm telling you?

Animated children's movies aren't violent.

Children are.

And that's why they like violence in cartoons. It's not an acquired taste. Most people are born loving it.
>>
>>85920660
The remake is going to be like the shitty TV series where they toned down all the good things.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.