[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this real life? Does Bendis truly think Thanos Imperative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: gamora.png (1MB, 1907x532px) Image search: [Google]
gamora.png
1MB, 1907x532px
Is this real life? Does Bendis truly think Thanos Imperative was about the guardians helping Gamora get rid of Thanos?
>>
>>85917912
Bendis didn't read Thanos Imperative. This is evident in the Original Sin tie in issues of Guardians.
>>
>>85917912
>Hey, blame Andy Lanning and Dan Abnett for not knowing that I was going to retcon their story to being about the Guardians trying to help Gamora kill her father, not me. It's not my fault, it's their fault :^)
Or something like that. Honestly, I can't wait to his defense for this one.
>>
>>85918136
>Gamora has daddy issues

I'm not going to knock the concept, but between Drax and herself, any angst involving killing Thanos seems a bit moot. One of them actually did kill him and he ended up coming back.

There's something missed here about having two green-skinned murdermachines who both want to/have killed a big purple space-guy on the same team.
>>
>>85918224
I wonder how many more times Thanos is going to die before Avengers 4 hits theaters. 3 years can be an awful long time.
>>
Flipping through my hardcover right now, when Drax kills him Gamora calls him an idiot because she knows he's needed for their plan, in fact she barely says anything in the whole thing.
>>
>>85918296
Every Marvel movie stinger will have him glowering menacingly at the viewer and saying "next time it's go time".

And the comics all he did was get Rhodey to shoot She-hulk in the tit with a missile.

Nigga's gonna be dead at least five times, one of which will just be to check up on Death.

>>85918327
And every time with Bendis Guardians I try to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Am I just being "NOTMUH" /co/ or can I rightfully say that his Guardians is shit?
>>
>>85917966
>Dick Rider sacrificed himself on the Cancerverse because of how much he loved Gamora
>Even though he had gone to hell and back to bring his girlfriend Namorita back to life less than a day prior
As far as I'm concerned, this is the Bendiest he ever Bendised.
>>
>>85918428
I don't know. With stuff like this there's two ways to judge his work. As a completely new work and as a continuation of DnA.

Needles to say that, as a continuation, it's the biggest shit ever.
>>
>>85918224
I am because they had a surprisingly good relationship. This whole daddy issues bullshit is from the movie. Bendis couldn't be more of a hack if he tried. I hope Powers bombs. I hope his TV and movie aspirations fizzle in vain.
>>
>>85918693
Powers already bombed and got cancelled, Anon.
>>
>>85918720
But he now has Scarlet
>>
>>85918720
>It already happened
Wow, I remember hearing something about it last year and then nothing. It was that bad. Nice.
>>
>>85918620
I tried judging it independently of DnA, which obviously is going to be somewhat impossible (an individual can't fully suppress their biases, whether consciously or subconsciously), and I tried to give him a fair shake.

I think what sunk it for me was that even when judging this book on its own it makes so many frequent callbacks to DnA-era stories that the discontinuity between them is only highlighted for people who read both. At Denver Comicon I asked Billy Tucci (Sgt Rock: Lost Battalion) about the nature of continuity and his response was perfect (paraphrasing ahoy):
>What continuity? One moment Spider-Man's Doctor Octopus and the next he's fighting alongside the Avengers?

His point being that plot continuity=/=continuity of characterization, and I think Bendis Guardians suffers the fucking worst from this problem.

>>85918693
I guess I don't think anything's wrong with the concept as is, but the particulars are stupid. I agree that it's not something I would have done with Gamora at all.
>>
>>85918693
No, we need him to have a successful TV career so he'll get the fuck out of comics.
>>
>>85917912
I feel like he genuinely has something else in mind that's not TI but I'm out of ideas. Latest GotG had awful characterization like always but wasn't completely terrible 2bh
>>
>>85917912
Bendis is a disgusting fat fuck that cares very little about the stories his coworkers make. Continuity is meaningless to the Lord of Marvel.
>>
>>85919017
Wasn't he already involved in Alias? Or am I thinking of somebody else.

Either way that means he's had a taste of success as a television writer, and gods almighty he's chosen comics as his forte.
>>
>>85919244
Is Bendis specifically talking about Thanos Imperative in this issue or just Gamora's life in general?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.